PDA

View Full Version : RainForest Cafe

cherylsteele
07-15-2006, 10:45 AM
My parents are taking my brother and myself out to eat for our birthdays.
Mine is today (7/15)...my brother's was 7/12.

What is the Rainforest Cafe like in prices, ambiance.

My brother picked it out and I was never asked...as usual.....which kinda pissed me off.

I knpw it is downtown and I realy dislike going downtown mainly because parking really sucks....or is nearly nonexistant.

BruceBowenFan
07-15-2006, 10:54 AM
My parents are taking my brother and myself out to eat for our birthdays.
Mine is today (7/15)...my brother's was 7/12.

What is the Rainforest Cafe like in prices, ambiance.

My brother picked it out and I was never asked...as usual.....which kinda pissed me off.

I knpw it is downtown and I realy dislike going downtown mainly because parking really sucks....or is nearly nonexistant.
let see it's kinda of pricey but i can recommened one thing the volcano it's only 10 bucks but hell it's worth it

missmyzte
07-15-2006, 12:25 PM
The Rainforest Cafe restaurants in Cali are pretty fun. They're very loud, especially every 5-10 minutes when all the jungle creatures start making noise or the thunder storm goes off. The ambiance is fun, it's set up as a full-on jungle. It's great to take kids to, but it is a little pricey.

cherylsteele
07-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Sounds interesting....different...thanks for the info.

The website doesn't really say to much....especially price-wise.

2Blonde
07-15-2006, 12:41 PM
We went there for the birthday of one of my daughter's friends and they had a lot of fun. The atmosphere was great. It was much better than the one I had been to in in Dallas at the Grapevine Mall. I liked the fact that it was on three levels.

BTW..

http://media.1001.com/postcards/pix/0060/006044h.gif

MannyIsGod
07-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I thought it sucked. The food was WAY overpriced and not very good and the ambience was that of a Disney ride, not a place to eat. I can see why people with kids would like it but otherwise I would never go again.

Oh, but the volcano was pretty cool.

Pablo Escobar
07-15-2006, 01:55 PM
cost way to much took way to long and was not that good
and after you been there for 2 hours that monkey shit got on my ass
but the bar on the first floor is ok cause they had lots of cold beer
but never again

jman3000
07-15-2006, 01:56 PM
So it's Planet Hollywood esque? You go there once to see what's the big deal. Find out it's way too pricey for what you get. Then never return again.

Correct?

MannyIsGod
07-15-2006, 02:02 PM
So it's Planet Hollywood esque? You go there once to see what's the big deal. Find out it's way too pricey for what you get. Then never return again.

Correct?exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly.

cherylsteele
07-15-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought it sucked. The food was WAY overpriced and not very good and the ambience was that of a Disney ride, not a place to eat. I can see why people with kids would like it but otherwise I would never go again.

Oh, but the volcano was pretty cool.
From what I have seen online...I gathered as much....sounds similar to the Magic Time Machine.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-15-2006, 04:58 PM
cost way to much took way to long and was not that good
and after you been there for 2 hours that monkey shit got on my ass
but the bar on the first floor is ok cause they had lots of cold beer
but never again

You got monkey shit on your ass?

I don't think I'll be going there.

SequNets
07-15-2006, 06:38 PM
WTF...

The rainforest is okay...

midgetonadonkey
07-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I thought it was cool there. That place is a trip.