PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy

Solid D
07-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Portland got a real NBA player in this kid. His game translates well from how he looked in college to the pros. In watching him play in summer league action, he's a pretty special player.

On the other hand, Lamarcus Aldridge is still trying to find his way...probably due to his young age and lack of experience.

JMarkJohns
07-15-2006, 01:10 PM
They have two players in Webster and Roy who, if they max their potential, remind me of the old Miami duo of Rice and Smith. That combo never had a lot of team success while together, but damn were they talented.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Could this be another swingman-big man combo? aka Shaq & Kobe and Yao & TMAC?

JMarkJohns
07-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Could this be another swingman-big man combo? aka Shaq & Kobe and Yao & TMAC?

The first? no. The second? What have they even proved?

It's a very talented quartet when you throw in Randolph. Give 'em a year together at the least and I think they'll become a playoff contender.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2006, 03:02 PM
The first? no. The second? What have they even proved?

It's a very talented quartet when you throw in Randolph. Give 'em a year together at the least and I think they'll become a playoff contender.
It was just off the top of my head. I didn't mean that they will put up those numbers. I just put it because it seems like it with their college stats and then them put together. I didn't mean they will be like that RIGHT NOW.

sickdsm
07-15-2006, 03:11 PM
I really wanted Roy over Foye but i guess Randy has tore up the summer league, earning MVP honors and whatnot. As a two guard? Roy and his potential. I don't know if Foye can become a top tier PG in the NBA.

dirk4mvp
07-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Roy can leap out the gym.

Quadzilla99
07-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Roy dropped 35 in a recent Summer League game.

PaceMonster
07-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Yea, he plays the game like a veteran