PDA

View Full Version : lakers got Mourice Evans

navarat
07-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I live in L.A, but I didn't hear nothing about this until today, they got him through a trade, looks like really good pickup by the lakers, also mitch kupchak lakers G.m went on to say that nobody in the west scares him at this point!

Please_dont_ban_me
07-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Evans, you mean?

He's a nice player. Phil will use him well...kind of like what Devon George used to do for you guys.

Big P
07-16-2006, 12:26 AM
They got him on the cheap too...I think for a future second rounder.

navarat
07-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Sorry I should have posted this in the other forum but, since it's in the west might be important to us, I think he's player we should have.

Dalhoop
07-16-2006, 12:32 AM
mitch kupchak lakers G.m went on to say that nobody in the west scares him at this point!

Thats because he is under contract :)

All the Lakers need now is a bench, PG and Center and they will be set

TDMVPDPOY
07-16-2006, 12:47 AM
nobody in the west scares him at this point!
hahaha, already boasting

Sportcamper
07-16-2006, 01:42 AM
http://www.emmitt22.com/gifs/empty-case.jpg
Dallas Mavericks NBA Championship Trophy Case… :smokin

Vinnie_Johnson
07-16-2006, 02:34 AM
I live in L.A, but I didn't hear nothing about this until today, they got him through a trade, looks like really good pickup by the lakers, also mitch kupchak lakers G.m went on to say that nobody in the west scares him at this point!

Mo is crap a scrappy bench player nothing more.

PaceMonster
07-16-2006, 06:31 AM
didnt he get traded to the lakers for cheik samb

NBA Junkie
07-16-2006, 09:22 AM
http://www.emmitt22.com/gifs/empty-case.jpg
Dallas Mavericks NBA Championship Trophy Case… :smokin

:lol I always loved that one!

Vinnie_Johnson
07-16-2006, 10:24 AM
didnt he get traded to the lakers for cheik samb

Yes you are right Cheik got great skills as a shot blocker but he is rail thin.

Shank
07-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm not understanding why the trophy case was brought up in this conversation? If you're going to do it to Dallas, why not do it for every other team in the league (ahem...Minnesota) that doesn't have a championship either?

And PS - the players on your favorite team have a championship. You have nothing but newspaper clippings and a false hope.

PaceMonster
07-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes you are right Cheik got great skills as a shot blocker but he is rail thin.

Yea ive seen him in Summer League action and he not bad...just really skinny

TheSanityAnnex
07-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Mo is crap a scrappy bench player nothing more.
Agreed. The only thing I liked about him when he was on the Kings was his jumping ability. The guy can throw down some monster dunks, but that is about it. He has a low basketball IQ and is not the best ball handler.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Yea ive seen him in Summer League action and he not bad...just really skinny

yeah there working on that..the guy can also shoot the ball..

NBA Junkie
07-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm not understanding why the trophy case was brought up in this conversation? If you're going to do it to Dallas, why not do it for every other team in the league (ahem...Minnesota) that doesn't have a championship either?

Yeah, I realize I'm in no position to be throwing stones from my glass house. :depressed

That photo of the empty trophy case is still damn funny even if the Vikings and T-Wolves have never won a damn thing in my lifetime.

FreshPrince22
07-16-2006, 06:14 PM
yeah there working on that..they guy can also shoot the ball..

Yea, I was really suprised by his consistant 15 footer. He even hit a few crunch time Js. Pretty impressive for a guy who just got into basketball.

Sportcamper
07-17-2006, 11:00 AM
The Empty Trophy Case?

Well somebody starts a thread regarding a FA signing...And then some fan of a team that has never won anything goes on to diss one of the most successful teams in the history of the NBA...It’s kind of like a KIA owner trashing Lexus or Acura... :lol

What’s worse...Even though the Lakers may be in transition...Rebuilding... yada yada yada....They still continue to dominate the Dallas Mavericks...The Lakers may lose to the Hawks, Bulls, Cavs & Clippers...But Kobe scores 62 points and the Lakers route Dallas Mavericks 112-90...& you guys are trash talking....

No matter how talented the Mavericks are.... (They are still TOO SOFT to win it all)...Instead, you guys blame it on the referees & make fun of other teams misfortunes...The Mavericks had the Heat down & out...But they did not have that grit & determination that separates True NBA Champions from South Western Conference Banner Holders...Or whatever it is you guys celebrate.... :smokin

clambake
07-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Your right. Too soft.............Not even a "Thanks for participating" trophy.