PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lindros to sign with Stars

T-Pain
07-16-2006, 03:00 PM
this is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

ESPN.com

Eric Lindros is expected to agree to a one-year deal with the Dallas Stars as early as Sunday, according to multiple media reports.

Lindros had 11 goals and 11 assists last season with the Toronto Maple Leafs, his hometown team, but was limited to 33 games after injuring his wrist against the Stars and 39 games in the 2003-04 season.

Injuries have been the story for Lindros, who has missed at least 10 games in 11 of his 12 NHL seasons. Concussions have been his biggest concern, and the 33-year-old Lindros was forced to sit out the entire 2000-01 campaign after he was leveled by New Jersey's Scott Stevens during a playoff game the season before.

He has sustained eight concussions and played an average of only 59 games per season. A long dispute with his first team, the Philadelphia Flyers, led to his trade to the New York Rangers in the summer of 2001.

Lindros clashed with general manager Bob Clarke and other Flyers officials, largely because he questioned the medical treatment he received while with Philadelphia.

After three years with the Rangers, Lindros moved on to Toronto, the team he grew up rooting for. But he lasted only one season with the Maple Leafs. At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, he could provide the Stars with some much-needed size if he can stay healthy.

In 711 NHL games, Lindros tallied 367 goals and 472 assists. He was the NHL MVP in 1995 and followed up the next season with a career-best 115 points for the Flyers.

Lindros, 33, an unrestricted free agent, is coming off two injury-shortened seasons in Toronto in which he played 39 and 33 games, respectively. He had 11 goals and 11 assists for Toronto in 2005-06 before wrist surgery ended his season.

The Stars, Maple Leafs and Edmonton Oilers have been among teams reportedly courting Lindros.

"If we were to get him, I think he would add an interesting element to our team," Stars coach Dave Tippett told the Dallas Morning News on Friday. "He's a big, strong player who is defensively responsible, and he can also play the right wing if you need him to. I just think he's ready for a big season."

Obstructed_View
07-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Vomit. At least Roenick won't be gunning for Mo's knees anymore.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-16-2006, 05:22 PM
lol..i was once in a bar at toronto and saw lindros get beat up :)

T-Pain
07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
wow, ive always heard good things about him, but yet i dont keep up with hockey as well as i do with basketball.

scott
07-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Last time we signed an over-the-hill superstar, it won us a Stanley Cup... maybe this time will have the same result.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-23-2006, 11:26 PM
lol leafs lose lindros and gain peca i love it :D