PDA

View Full Version : Mavs' Griffin signs three-year deal with Bulls

CubanMustGo
07-16-2006, 03:09 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/071706dnspogriffin.1b97c96e.html

Mavs' Griffin going to the Bulls

03:04 PM CDT on Sunday, July 16, 2006
By TIM MacMAHON / The Dallas Morning News

Former Mavericks swingman Adrian Griffin has agreed to a three-year contract with the Chicago Bulls, his agent said Sunday afternoon.

Tony Dutt said the Mavericks offered a two-year deal at a competitive salary. Dutt declined to reveal financial terms of the Bulls’ contract or Mavericks’ offer.

“He had such a respect for Avery [Johnson] and the Mavericks’ organization,” said Dutt, who represented Johnson during the Mavericks coach's playing career. “With that being said, players at the end of the day have to go with their gut.”

Griffin, 32, played a valuable role during the Mavericks' run to the NBA Finals after sitting out the first month of the season while waiting on a team to offer him a contract. He started 45 games during the regular season, averaging 4.6 points and 4.4 rebounds and doing a lot of dirty work.

Dutt said Milwaukee, Washington and Sacramento also showed serious interest in the 6-5, 230-pound Griffin.

Griffin, who did not immediately return a phone message, played for the Bulls in 2004-05.

strangeweather
07-16-2006, 03:22 PM
He should be a good fit under Skiles.

I'm not surprised Griffin didn't resign with the Mavs after they landed Buckner.

clambake
07-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Buckner, jeez, he's got alot to prove.

Holmes_Fans
07-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Suprised he didn't resign. If it wasn't for them he would be sitting on his ass this season.

Quadzilla99
07-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Wade had <-0 problems with Griffin in the Finals and Kobe put up 62 in 3 quarters on him so his rep as a very good defensive player is a little over blown. He is an ok 15-20 mpg role player off the bench who can play decent defense.

Mavs_man_41
07-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Suprised he didn't resign. If it wasn't for them he would be sitting on his ass this season.

exactly what i was thinking

mavsfan1000
07-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Buckner is a better defender than Griffin though Dallas will miss Griffin's rebounding.

Shank
07-17-2006, 12:39 AM
He should be a good fit under Skiles.

I'm not surprised Griffin didn't resign with the Mavs after they landed Buckner.

Already had a run with Skiles. Griff's good people. Good luck to him.

mffl89
07-17-2006, 03:48 AM
so much for the griff and buck reunion

leemajors
07-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Buckner is a better defender than Griffin though Dallas will miss Griffin's rebounding.

i thought griffin was your lockdown stopper?

Amarelooms
07-17-2006, 08:18 AM
i thought griffin was your lockdown stopper?

Yes Griffin only locked down Ginobili last year...guess Bucker will do that instead this year lol. :elephant :elephant

Mavs_man_41
07-17-2006, 08:28 AM
In today's nba you cant lock anyone down or even think about stopping them.
And i know what you guys are gonna say, thank mark cuban......ya i know....

NBA Junkie
07-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Griffin is quickly becoming the most recycled player in NBA history as he now begins his second tour of duty with the Bulls after finishing his second tour of duty with the Mavs.

Mavs_man_41
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Don't the bulls already have too many G/F's? He will get even less playing time there than if he would have just stayed in dallas.

leemajors
07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Yes Griffin only locked down Ginobili last year...guess Bucker will do that instead this year lol. :elephant :elephant

yeah he totally shut him down so completely that he got benched.

Mavs_man_41
07-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Griffins defense is a little overrated.....he's much better at guarding SF's than he is guarding quick SG's.

mabber
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Wade had <-0 problems with Griffin in the Finals and Kobe put up 62 in 3 quarters on him so his rep as a very good defensive player is a little over blown. He is an ok 15-20 mpg role player off the bench who can play decent defense.

Exactly. The Mavs wanted to upgrade there and they think they have with Buckner. Buckner is also a hustle player but is quicker than Griffin plus has longer shooting range. Buckner wasn't a great 3 pt shooter when he was with the Mavs before so I'm not buying all this press that he's a good one now. It's hard to believe that he was the Nuggets main 3 pt threat but he can shoot it much better than Grif. I'm not even sure if Grif could shoot it that far :lol. I really like Buck though and think he will be an upgrade from Grif. Griffin would have been an idiot to stay here with Buckner being signed and Ager being drafted. Plus, he got an extra year in Chicago.

leemajors
07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Griffin is quickly becoming the most recycled player in NBA history as he now begins his second tour of duty with the Bulls after finishing his second tour of duty with the Mavs.

he has a long way to go to pass tony massenburg.