PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed...

Old School Chic
07-17-2006, 10:44 AM
This past 4th of July when it was supposed to be all about having fun and enjoying the fireworks and the good ol bar b que, unfortunately one of our spurstalk members was heart broken by the fact that his sister had a stroke that day. I'm talking about MoSpur's sister. She is recovering but very slowly.

I know Mo probably wanted this to be more confidential but I believe in the power of prayer. Therefore, I ask for all of us who believe to say a little prayer for Mo and his family in this very difficult times in their lives.

Thank you

ducks
07-17-2006, 10:47 AM
I will say one for you

easjer
07-17-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm so, so sorry to hear about this. Prayers being sent.

pache100
07-17-2006, 11:16 AM
MoSpur, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

(OSC, thanks for bringing this to our attention)

ObiwanGinobili
07-17-2006, 11:20 AM
I'll keep her in my thoughts.

MoSpur
07-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks. I really didn't want to open a thread, but I know the more people that pray the more powerful. I appreaciate you all. Its been a tough two weeks. She is a single mom with three kids. The oldest has done a great job of holding the family together. We're all praying and hoping she can recover. She had a minor setback this past Friday, but again is recovering. Thanks again to everyone.

tlongII
07-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear that MoSpur. I hope she makes a full recovery!

2Blonde
07-17-2006, 11:52 AM
You and your family are in my prayers. I hope she continues to recover.

MoSpur
07-17-2006, 11:56 AM
You know that I know there are some here on Spurstalk that aren't in San Antonio, but to those here in San Antonio, its amazing how people here care so much. People here at work have been coming up to me showing support. Constantly asking about my sister and what not. It shows me how much San Antonio residents are some of if not the best. TLong, you're awesome too. I consider Tlong a SA resident too by the way.

angel_luv
07-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I will say a prayer for you right now. I believe all the best for you and yours. :)

Old School Chic
07-17-2006, 01:47 PM
MoSpur, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

(OSC, thanks for bringing this to our attention)

You welcome.

And God bless you all for your thoughts and prayers.

tlongII
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
You know that I know there are some here on Spurstalk that aren't in San Antonio, but to those here in San Antonio, its amazing how people here care so much. People here at work have been coming up to me showing support. Constantly asking about my sister and what not. It shows me how much San Antonio residents are some of if not the best. TLong, you're awesome too. I consider Tlong a SA resident too by the way.

Let's not go too far now MoSpur! :lol

1Parker1
07-17-2006, 01:58 PM
MoSpur, I hope everything works out with your sister. My mom had a stroke last summer and I know that the rehab and recovery process takes time. Please keep us posted and best wishes to your sister and family.

Old School Chic
07-17-2006, 02:16 PM
MoSpur, I hope everything works out with your sister. My mom had a stroke last summer and I know that the rehab and recovery process takes time. Please keep us posted and best wishes to your sister and family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to 1parker1's Mom. Hope she is doing a lot better.

MoSpur
07-17-2006, 02:42 PM

I would like to know more about the recovery process. I understand they are two different type of strokes that your mom and my sister had. Any info would help though. Thanks.

Gatita
07-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I would like to know more about the recovery process. I understand they are two different type of strokes that your mom and my sister had. Any info would help though. Thanks.

I'll send you some info and some sites that can help you.

1Parker1
07-17-2006, 02:54 PM

Check your PM's.

OSC, Thanks for your thoughts, my mom is getting better day by day. :)

MoSpur
07-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Big thank you to 1Parker1 for her story.

kingsfan
07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Prayers to both of you and your families.

RashoFan
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Love and prayers to MoSpur and 1Parker1...I hope your love ones recovery and get stronger every day!!!

Old School Chic
07-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Mo

Can you please give us an update on how your sister is doing?

Thanks

MoSpur
07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Mo

Can you please give us an update on how your sister is doing?

Thanks

Let me start off by saying thank you to all of you who are praying for her and thinking of her. It means so much. You guys and gals have no idea. She had a setback this past Friday. They discovered a blood clot near her lung. Good thing was that it was not affecting her breathing or anything like that. They inserted a filter into her leg to prevent more blood clots and to prevent the one she had from moving. She made it through that procedure just fine.

Today, she slept throughout most of the night last night. She is unable to eat or drink through her mouth still, but she should be soon. She is talking and oriented. She is very frustrated and is very determined to get up and walk. The doctors are going to decide very soon when to send her to a rehab facility. She had a cat scan a while ago and that will help determine whether she will go to a rehab facility or not.

I am praying that the cat scan reports she is well enough to be transferred to rehab. Thanks again for everything you guys.

ShoogarBear
07-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Best wishes to your sister and 1P1's mom.

MoSpur
07-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, its been about three and a half weeks since my sister suffered the stroke. A few days after her stroke she got worse and the doctors had to do an emergency surgery to save her life. They told us she might not make it through. We believed God that He would bring her through the surgery just fine. Well, she did make it through. She started to recover well after that surgery. A week after the surgery she had a minor setback with the blood clot the doctors found near her lung. They advised us she needed to have a filter inserted her leg to prevent the clot from moving and to prevent anymore clots. My sister made it through that procedure because of God's saving power and mercy. Its been two weeks since that procedure, but it seems like its been two months.

My sister has recovered in a major way. She speaks fine. She can move all her right side. There is no bleeding near her brain and the swelling has gone down. She is alert and oriented. She has sat up and has been able to sit in a chair for two hours. She has laughed and joked recently. Today she drank her first glass of water since the day she had the stroke. All I can say is Praise God.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers. I pray that God blesses all of you 100 fold. I know she wouldn't be here if it weren't for your prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

SpursWoman
07-27-2006, 02:18 PM
What fantastic news! I'm sincerely happy for you and your family. :makeout :)

1Parker1
07-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, its been about three and a half weeks since my sister suffered the stroke. A few days after her stroke she got worse and the doctors had to do an emergency surgery to save her life. They told us she might not make it through. We believed God that He would bring her through the surgery just fine. Well, she did make it through. She started to recover well after that surgery. A week after the surgery she had a minor setback with the blood clot the doctors found near her lung. They advised us she needed to have a filter inserted her leg to prevent the clot from moving and to prevent anymore clots. My sister made it through that procedure because of God's saving power and mercy. Its been two weeks since that procedure, but it seems like its been two months.

My sister has recovered in a major way. She speaks fine. She can move all her right side. There is no bleeding near her brain and the swelling has gone down. She is alert and oriented. She has sat up and has been able to sit in a chair for two hours. She has laughed and joked recently. Today she drank her first glass of water since the day she had the stroke. All I can say is Praise God.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers. I pray that God blesses all of you 100 fold. I know she wouldn't be here if it weren't for your prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

:tu I'm really glad everything worked out! See? I told you it would!

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow. I am so glad to hear that your sister is well on the road to recovery. I'll contiue to keep her in my thoughts. :tu

MoSpur
07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Spurswoman, 1Parker1, and Obi.

Pistons < Spurs
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I guess I never saw this thread the first time it circulated.

Great to hear the encouraging signs of her recovery. She sounds like a very strong and determined woman. My thoughts and prayers are with you, her and the family. I'm sure she'll be kicking ass in rehab real soon.

NorCal510
07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
sorry mospur ill pray at church on sunday

Gatita
07-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I hope all is well. Keep me posted.

tlongII
07-28-2006, 01:23 PM
That's good news MoSpur!

MoSpur
08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Well, its about two months now since the stroke. My sister is still in the hospital, but is doing great. She has come a long way. She is able to eat and drink on her own. She is eating a lot more than when she first started to eat. She is even making requests as to what she wants us to bring her to eat. We have to watch what we bring her though because of her diet.

She has feeling on her left side, but does not have the strength to move her left side. She is doing exercises just about everyday at least three times a day. She says she feels like little by little she is getting stronger. She went outside for the first time since the 4th of July this past Friday. She loved it. She went out on a wheelchair and has gone outside everyday this past week. She says its very hot, but happy she gets to see something else other than her room.

She has made huge progress and has not had any setbacks. This is all thanks To God and to all of you who have thought and prayed for her. The next step we want to see is to see her sit up and stand on her own. I know she can do it. She has come a long way and there is no turning back now. I just want you guys to keep praying. Thanks to all of you. God Bless you all!

Mr Dio
08-31-2006, 12:09 PM
I guess I never saw this thread the first time it circulated.

Same here.
Wishing for as complete a recovery as possible.
God Bless.

Solid D
08-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Praise God, MoSpur. We'll keep the prayers going for her.

Phenomanul
08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
That's refreshing news MoSpur.... Hope and trust in GOD will keep you and your loved ones going....

tlongII
08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
That's good to hear MoSpur!

SpursWoman
08-31-2006, 03:15 PM
That's wonderful news! :makeout :)