PDA

View Full Version : Bolton: No Moral Equivalence Between Terra and Israel Bombs

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 07:24 PM
http://www.lmalla.com/storage/miscpics/nice_big_cup.jpg

UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - US Ambassador John Bolton said there was no moral equivalence between the civilian casualties from the Israeli raids in Lebanon and those killed in Israel from "malicious terrorist acts".

Asked to comment on the deaths in an Israeli air strike of eight Canadian citizens in southern Lebanon Sunday, he said: "it is a matter of great concern to us ...that these civilian deaths are occurring. It's a tragedy."

"I think it would be a mistake to ascribe moral equivalence to civilians who die as the direct result of malicious terrorist acts," he added, while defending as "self-defense" Israel's military action, which has had "the tragic and unfortunate consequence of civilian deaths".

The eight dead Canadians were a Lebanese-Canadian couple, their four children, his mother and an uncle, said relatives in Montreal.

The Montreal pharmacist and his family had arrived in Lebanon 10 days earlier for a vacation in his parents' home village and to introduce his children to relatives, they said.

Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060717/pl_afp/mideastconflictlebanon_060717204728)

See, in John Bolton world there are good bombs (the Christian and Jewish ones) and bad bombs (the islamic ones). Maybe what Bolton really means to say is that an Israeli life means more than Lebanese or Palestinian life.

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 07:39 PM
As Bolton fights for moral one-upsmanship, a humanitarian crisis is developing in Lebanon..

AS DIRECTOR of the Jabel Amel hospital in Tyre, Ahmad Mrowe is no stranger to the violence that has racked this area for decades.

But as casualties soared and even ambulances and his own hospital were targeted by Israeli warplanes, the doctor said that the latest Israeli onslaught was the worst he had ever seen. “It is incomparable, much worse than anything before,” he said, as he stood in a sweltering corridor packed with relatives of the victims.

A humanitarian disaster is unfolding in southern Lebanon where the Israeli war machine, determined to destroy Hezbollah once and for all, has been pounding the scruffy villages that dot these stony hills and valleys.

It has warned Lebanese civilians to leave the area, and tens of thousands have been streaming north in battered cars, eight, nine or ten to a vehicle, to escape the fighting. But the Israelis have also destroyed the main roads and all the bridges over the Litani river, forcing many of the refugees to abandon their cars and wade across.

Jan Egeland, the UN Emergency Relief Co-ordinator, spoke yesterday of an imminent humanitarian crisis and feared that the destruction of water, sewage and other infrastructure could compound the problem. The UN force in southern Lebanon said it could no longer deliver aid because the Israelis had failed to guarantee its convoys safe passage.

--end of excerpt--

TIMES ONLINE (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2274521,00.html)

boutons_
07-17-2006, 07:56 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, the Israelis know that Hizbolla and all Arabs understand nothing but deadly force. Diplomacy won't work.

Israel has been very clear about what they require to stop their attack: hand over the 2 Israeli prisoners, stop the Hisbollah rockets into Israel, and Hisbollah must disarm per UN resolution 1559. 1 and 2 are easy, 3 will never happen.

Hisbollah opened the curent can worms with their attack on Israel and capture of 2 Isrealis, stirred it up with their rockets, and only they can close it.

If I were Israeli, I would be doing the same thing.

The Israeli message is very clear: DON'T FUCK WITH ISRAEL.

The Israelis left south Lebanon, they left Gaza, and were in the process of reducing their presence in the West Bank. That wasn't enough for the Muslims. The Muslims are being made to regret their greed in wanting to destroy all Israel rather than accept their gains.

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I think what Hezbollah wants is the return of all prisoners Israel has jailed over the years. And for Israeli IDF to leave Shelby Farms. The initail raid in which the two Israeli troops were captured also killed about a half dozen IDF forces. Really, its the rocket attacks into Haifa and other Israeli cities that have compounded the problems.

xrayzebra
07-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I think what Hezbollah wants is the return of all prisoners Israel has jailed over the years. And for Israeli IDF to leave Shelby Farms. The initail raid in which the two Israeli troops were captured also killed about a half dozen IDF forces. Really, its the rocket attacks into Haifa and other Israeli cities that have compounded the problems.

Horse hockey. hezbollah wants what they got. I just hope we do what
we should a put some special forces into Iran and take care of business.
No justifcation whatsoever for the terrorists doing what they did to start
this junk.

Yonivore
07-17-2006, 08:17 PM
I think it's amazing. Except for the Left, Iran, and Syria; Hezbollah and Hamas have never had so little support.

I think they're toast. Expect a full invasion of Southern Lebanon within 72 hours.

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I just hope we do what we should a put some special forces into Iran and take care of business.

Shit (in best Dubya impression),Hezbollah is like the Mystery Men, and you wanna take on the Super Friends?

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I think it's amazing. Except for the Left, Iran, and Syria; Hezbollah and Hamas have never had so little support.

I think they're toast. Expect a full invasion of Southern Lebanon within 72 hours.

Tens of millions of Shiites not enough support for you?

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Life is different in the Middle East...

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060717/capt.c8723701e8f644f0b5befd7df750e8ea.aptopix_mide ast_israel_lebanon_asc103.jpg
Israeli girls sign a bomb destined to be used against Hezbollah

Yonivore
07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Tens of millions of Shiites not enough support for you?
I was talking about other Arab nations. They've been noticeably quiet or noticeably pissed off at Hezbollah and Hamas.

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I was talking about other Arab nations. They've been noticeably quiet or noticeably pissed off at Hezbollah and Hamas.

I've only heard of Saudi Arabia condemning the Hezbollah attack. Maybe Jordan.

gtownspur
07-18-2006, 02:20 AM
I've only heard of Saudi Arabia condemning the Hezbollah attack. Maybe Jordan.

Oh and Egypt and the UAE..