PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a Possible Fantasy Trade

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-19-2004, 06:32 PM
This is very ballsy, some would say stupid, but looking at the numbers I don't think it is, wanted some other opinions before I pulled the trigger.

I am in a league where you play two RBs, 3 WR each week.

My wide receivers generally suck (bunch of average guys, best being Caldwell who got hurt, now my top three are Amani Toomer, David Patten, and Muhsin Muhammed/Nick Burleson.

At RB, I've got Dom. Davis, Ahman Green, Mewelde Moore, Rueben Droughns, Michael Pittman.

Here's the deal... I really need another WR. Ahman's had a sucky year to date, and he's somewhat hobbled by injury (not an admitted thing, but it's obvious watching him play).

Would you pull the trigger on sending out Ahman Green for Derrick Mason? This is Yahoo ball, Mason has 67 points to date, Ahman (with throwing a TD pass this past week) has 59, and is hurting.

I'm sitting fourth in my league (out of 12 teams) and with a 10 point WR (basically what Mason is) every week I'd be undefeated right now.

Thoughts? Comments?

samikeyp
10-19-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm sitting fourth in my league (out of 12 teams) and with a 10 point WR (basically what Mason is) every week I'd be undefeated right now.

but is that with Green in there? You have to figure out what the drop off would be without Green. Davis has been banged up, Moore has been decent but what happens when Bennett and Smith come back and Pittman is inconsistent. Droughns is nice though. If he can keep it up, then it would be a good deal to make.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I think Droughns is a lock the rest of the way.

You're right, Davis, the issue is his health.

Like I said, the thing for me is looking back I'd be undefeated now with the production out of Mason at the TE spot (when I was getting one point out of Santana Moss, among others).

On Moore, I think even when Bennett comes back the guy is going to get his touches. He just makes plays.

Green's a question with his health, and Green Bay's O has been all about passing and not very much about running, so that's my big concern. He's probably having the worst season out of any of the top 10 backs.

Yes, I am where I am at this point with Ahman playing for the first 4 weeks, the last two I've sat him (this past weekend started Moore and Droughns, the weekend before that Droughns and Davis).

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-19-2004, 07:52 PM
11 views and one thought? Come on folks, I need some feedback asap!

-Thank You.

:king

PeterBurns
10-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Okay,

Your have 2 many RB's that are Okay, not great.
Wells showing in Houston, means they will take it pretty slow with Davis.
Mewelde you need to get rid of quickly. O.Smith, and Bennett will cut into those carries.

If possible, I love Michael Clayton of Tampa Bay. With McCardell not coming back, Clayton is the only option of the Bucs, plus they are behind in a lot of games hence having to throw it alot.

If you could do Pittmann or Moore for Clayton, I think that's the best move.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Actually I've changed my stance, now have dangled out Domanick Davis. Speak of the devil, have a guy offering Clayton for Davis.

I think that's too much, but I think I can get by with Green and Droughns the rest of the way (gotta milk one more week out of Moore before Bennett gets back).

PeterBurns
10-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Interesting.

Tough call. Clayton is great option, because Jurevicuis in injured. Lee and Tim Brown aren't getting the looks

Davis is a tough commodity to get rid of. Despite his injury he will still be a great back late in the season.

I'm torn giving advice. I'm a huge LSU fan, and they are both former Tigers.
I would counter with Pittman for Clayton......

samikeyp
10-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Clayton's stock should also rise some more because I think Lee is hurt too.

Guru of Nothing
10-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Derrick Mason can be a bit streaky. If I were you, I'd see about try to see about acquiring Chad Johnson, considering his stock is pretty cheap right now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Well I'm either gonna look like a genius or a chump, did Davis for Clayton. Davis is struggling too much with injuries and Wells has almost the same yards from scrimmage as Dom so far, so I picked him up as a backup.

Gonna run with Droughns and Green as my horses at RB, and go from there.

PeterBurns
10-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Any time you have questions, call into the NFL Kickoff show Sundays on Ticket760 between 10:00-12:00.

samikeyp
10-21-2004, 03:22 PM
but I hear Chad's stock in Pepto Bismol is pretty high! :)