PDA

View Full Version : We are too spoiled !

dav4463
07-18-2006, 02:39 AM
We are spoiled ! Face it. We demand near perfection out of the San Antonio Spurs. Since Tim Duncan joined this team, the Spurs are the winningest franchise in any of the major sports. Last season, any Spurs fan could tell that the team wasn't quite hitting on all cylinders. Tim was banged up all season, so was Manu. Tony had his aches and pains late in the year and most of the playoffs.

Yet, this team won 63 games and was just a bad foul or bad break away from going back to the finals. This team is always right there. The year that Fisher hit the lucky shot to knock the Spurs out was similar to this season. We get to witness unbelievable basketball ability from the greatest franchise in the NBA.

The Spurs will be back next year, strong as ever, and we should take the time to enjoy it and not cry about the little things.

Be proud and lucky to be a Spurs fan. Some team's fans never even sniff the playoffs!

jman3000
07-18-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm always a spurs fan.. i dont give a fuck.. we could win 5 games and i'd still love them.. whatever...

as long as this team is built around tim duncan ... we should be fine... its always hard to get to the finals... and it takes luck.. and other stuff too... but i love the spurs.

Dingle Barry
07-18-2006, 02:56 AM
We needed this thread

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Dammit, I wrote this in about 5 threads last week at the peak of :madrun, but no-one was listening. Oh well...

Doug Collins
07-18-2006, 03:00 AM
We needed this thread

Negative. I like bitching about everything.

timvp
07-18-2006, 03:05 AM
:jack

With Tony, Manu and Tim, there's no reason why a team shouldn't win a championship. The only way you don't is either injuries or bad management.

west231
07-18-2006, 03:21 AM

With Tony, Manu and Tim, there's no reason why a team shouldn't win a championship. The only way you don't is either injuries or bad management.

We are a team!

Doug Collins
07-18-2006, 03:22 AM
I say tank the season and draft lebron...I mean Oden. Everytime we suck super ass we end up with a #1 pick, why not give it a shot this season?

sghspurs
07-18-2006, 04:04 AM
man lands on the moon

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-18-2006, 04:31 AM

Change "win" to "contend for" and I basically agree. But then again, maybe you should add "luck" to that, because "the bounce of the ball" (meaning luck and bad luck in all the forms it comes in on a basketball court) can be a force (see: .4sec 2004; stupid foul 2006).

GrandeDavid
07-18-2006, 05:45 AM
I would never stop supporting the Spurs, but fans have the right to criticize their team. The fact is that the Spurs have a rare opportunity to continue to achieve greatness for at least a few more years with Tim, Manu and Tony as a core. It is only natural for fans to get concerned when things don't seem to go to well in free agency. I don't think true Spurs fans are disowning the team and hopping on the Mavs or Bulls wagons. In fact, it is good and healthy to hear criticism of the team. It means the fans give a damn.

And with such a great core comes great expectations and frustrations. That's natural in competitive sports. I do not think the Spurs fans are "spoiled".

GrandeDavid
07-18-2006, 05:48 AM
I think that Spurs fans pay for tickets, merchandise, watch games on TV, and help fund arenas like any other NBA fan. They have a right to voice their concern over the center situation. As the players and management often say, its just business! And we are all held accountable in our businesses.

furry_spurry
07-18-2006, 08:28 AM
I get to complain- I'm not just a fan, I'm a customer. If a restaurant I regularly go to starts cutting corners and buying cheaper food to prepare, or if they get rid of the chef and bring in a cheaper one who thay admit is worse but saves them money, I won't be happy and they will lose my business. If I liked the chef enough, maybe I'll go to the new restaurant he is at and spend my money there because they had enough sense to hire the guy. ;)

MWILL
07-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey Spur Fans!!

For years now, after teams win a championship (or multiple championships) they start going down hill. It happened to Houston, Chicago, L.A. & Detroit. It sucks, but that's how the league goes.

San Antonio fans, enjoy these moments cause eventually you'll become the team that will just be happy to make it in the playoffs.

SpursTEX41
07-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Shutup about spurs fans being spoiled. speak for urself. im not spoiled. im a fan and i want my team to win. PERIOD!

Doug Collins
07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey Spur Fans!!

For years now, after teams win a championship (or multiple championships) they start going down hill. It happened to Houston, Chicago, L.A. & Detroit. It sucks, but that's how the league goes.

San Antonio fans, enjoy these moments cause eventually you'll become the team that will just be happy to make it in the playoffs.

I will enjoy those 3 championships forever, and still have the expectations for more (at least while Timvgod is still around). It feels good when you reach a point where not winning the championship is a disappointment, we have been blessed to have had such a dominant franchise for so many years. Enjoy your western conference championship, because even with whatever p.o.s. we have at the 5, I expect the spurs to compete and regain the top spot in the west.

Taking it to the Hole
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey Spur Fans!!

Better watch out for that one-year Maverick dynasty. :lol

Doug Collins
07-18-2006, 03:06 PM

That was one hell of a run they had...WCF!!!!! :lol

MWILL
07-18-2006, 03:48 PM

Believe it of not, It's a good start for the Mavs

As for your Spurs, the ship is slowly sinking.
(Better trade Timmy while he's good)

MWILL
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
That was one hell of a run they had...WCF!!!!! :lol

Based on current events, Your Spurs were knocked out in the 2nd round. :lol

MWILL
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Based on current events, Your Spurs were knocked out in the 2nd round. :lol

Hell! your team struggled against the Kings :lol

DFW Spurs
07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I hate mavs fans, one trip to the finals and they think their "Gods". Why don't you go talk about your Greg Buckner signing in the NBA forum since he's the missing peace to your 07 imaginary championship run.

DFW Spurs
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
As for the offer sheets Butler and Elson got from the Spurs. Cheap serviceable players who can bang in the middle. Who else was out there besides Wallace who can play in the middle? Przybilla? Let’s get real. There was nothing out there. Let’s stop complaining here.

MWILL
07-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I hate mavs fans, one trip to the finals and they think their "Gods". Why don't you go talk about your Greg Buckner signing in the NBA forum since he's the missing peace to your 07 imaginary championship run.

That's what I hate about CERTAIN Spur Fans, they win a few championships and think they should win it every fucking year. WAKE UP!

Greg Buckner was good signing, nothing spectacular.

BTW how's your center situation going? :lol

Spurologist
07-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Spurs fans are spoiled

If they weren't, the Spurs Talk population would drop 50 % of its members. That's a fact.

Dingle Barry
07-18-2006, 04:58 PM
That's what I hate about CERTAIN Spur Fans, they win a few championships and think they should win it every fucking year. WAKE UP!

You hate that Spurs fans expect to win championships? Why? Does it really hurt your feelings that the Mavs are division rivals with a fanbase that has experienced consistent success?

How is your superstar situation? Has Dirk's dick not shriveled under pressure yet?

Sports BBS common law #1: don't talk shit until you have climbed the mountain. Go talk smack to Charlotte or New Orleans, dumbfuck.

:troll

CaptainLate
07-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm always a spurs fan..we could win 5 games and i'd still love them.. whatever...

Too many other important priorities in life take precedence over a game. It's bad enough I pay this much attention. But if they weren't any good, I definitely wouldn't waste my time. :spin

CaptainLate
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
I will enjoy those 3 championships forever...

It would be nice to have the Spurs known as the team of the decade and placed in the same category as the great teams of the Celtics, Knicks, Lakers and Bulls.

dknights411
07-18-2006, 06:27 PM
It would be nice to have the Spurs known as the team of the decade and placed in the same category as the great teams of the Celtics, Knicks, Lakers and Bulls.

I think we're already there. I mean, were the ONLY team in this decade to be considered a serious title contender EVERY year. Most of the other contenders from this decade had at least one or two seasons of genuine crap.

Pistons: 32-50 in 2000-01, and who knows what now with Big Ben gone.
Heat: Two straight sub .500 seasons from 2001-03.
Mavs: Always have, and always will be, "One step away..."
Suns: 29-53 in 03-04. Maybe Steve Nash DID earn those two MVP awards...
Lakers: Duh.

In fact during the Tim Duncan era, the Spurs have always advanced past the fisrt round (with the exception of 99-00, Tim Duncan's injury, correct?). And ALL of the second round exits came to teams who would later advance to the NBA Finals (Utah in 98, Lakers in 2002, and more notoriously Lakers in 2004 and the Mavs in 2006).

Long story short, the road to the NBA Finals goes through San Antonio, and more specifically, Tim Duncan.

spursmode
07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey Spur Fans!!

A few years from now people will have forgotten that you made it to the finals. Runner ups are a fart in the wind. Champions are never forgotten!!!!!

Doug Collins
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
You hate that Spurs fans expect to win championships? Why? Does it really hurt your feelings that the Mavs are division rivals with a fanbase that has experienced consistent success?

How is your superstar situation? Has Dirk's dick not shriveled under pressure yet?

Sports BBS common law #1: don't talk shit until you have climbed the mountain. Go talk smack to Charlotte or New Orleans, dumbfuck.

Slow down you're talking about the 2006 Western Conference Champions there. Respect that...lol.

And in response to his previous statement. I'm cool with getting knocked out in the second round when the year before we won the fuckin championship against a far superior team than miami was this year. I bet Cuban buys the team WCF championship rings kinda like the astros got for winning the national league pennant, nevermind that they forgot to win the whole damn thing.

MWILL
07-19-2006, 01:52 PM

My feelings aren't hurt at all. Our superstar knocked your spurs out of the playoffs. Speaking of superstars, where was Timi in overtime? Oh that's right, HE WAS SHUT DOWN by Diop. Can Timi play under pressure?

BTW, you can stick that common law BS up your ASS. I make my own rules ya-lil-Bitch!!!

MWILL
07-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Slow down you're talking about the 2006 Western Conference Champions there. Respect that...lol.

And in response to his previous statement. I'm cool with getting knocked out in the second round when the year before we won the fuckin championship against a far superior team than miami was this year. I bet Cuban buys the team WCF championship rings kinda like the astros got for winning the national league pennant, nevermind that they forgot to win the whole damn thing.

I'm MAN enough to admit that the MAVS choked in the finals.

It's an embarrasment to lose to the Heat.
BTW, I am enjoying the insults toward the MAVS.

Enjoy it Lil Douggie, cause soon, REAL SOON your team will become the next bottom feeders of the NBA. Your Ass better be on this forum when it happens. :lol

sleepybum
07-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Speaking of superstars, where was Timi in overtime? Oh that's right, HE WAS SHUT DOWN by Diop. Can Timi play under pressure?
Diop did a great job there at the end of the 4th and on. He wasn't out of position and forced into fouling as often as his teammates. He really stepped up that game.

Tim did have a huge game and series regardless. He looked pretty tired at the end of the game in OT, but I wouldn't say he wilted. Usually if your superstar is your best defender and offensive presence he had a pretty good series and you should probably place the blame or give credit elsewhere.

Doug Collins
07-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm MAN enough to admit that the MAVS choked in the finals.

It's an embarrasment to lose to the Heat.
BTW, I am enjoying the insults toward the MAVS.

Enjoy it Lil Douggie, cause soon, REAL SOON your team will become the next bottom feeders of the NBA. Your Ass better be on this forum when it happens. :lol

My ass has backed this team for all 22 years of my life. That's about 4 times as long as the average mav fan has followed the nba and their team. Dont forget Timvgod has about 3 or 4 good years left, so I dont expect bottom feeding anytime soon. I just ask that you be on this forum should the mavs chokefest it again.

MWILL
07-19-2006, 05:08 PM
My ass has backed this team for all 22 years of my life. That's about 4 times as long as the average mav fan has followed the nba and their team. Dont forget Timvgod has about 3 or 4 good years left, so I dont expect bottom feeding anytime soon. I just ask that you be on this forum should the mavs chokefest it again.

I give the Spurs 2 Years. Then after that, the downhill begins, despite how Timi plays.

shaggy17
07-19-2006, 05:27 PM
In 2 years from now duncan would be 32 Manu would be 31 and Parker will be like 26. They have till 2010 before they go downhill.In 2 years Terry and Dirk will be in their 30's,Stack and Erica isnt getting any younger, Harris and Howard can still grow, Diop and Mbenga are decent centers with no upside etc etc. Dont come in here and spew that stupid shit around when the same thing can be said about your team. :rolleyes

dknights411
07-19-2006, 06:04 PM
I give the Spurs 2 Years. Then after that, the downhill begins, despite how Timi plays.

We can look back on the Spurs with pride. All the Mavs can look back on now is regret. I'll take the pride, thank you very much. :king

MWILL
07-19-2006, 10:44 PM
In 2 years from now duncan would be 32 Manu would be 31 and Parker will be like 26. They have till 2010 before they go downhill.In 2 years Terry and Dirk will be in their 30's,Stack and Erica isnt getting any younger, Harris and Howard can still grow, Diop and Mbenga are decent centers with no upside etc etc. Dont come in here and spew that stupid shit around when the same thing can be said about your team. :rolleyes

The MAVS as a whole is younger than the Spurs.
I'm not just talking your starters, but your bench is older than ours too. Also big name players aren't willing to play for San Antonio (ala Jason Kidd).

Diop has more of an upside than Damp.

P.S. DX is good but, just a little overrated. BRING BACK BROCK!!!

strangeweather
07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Also big name players aren't willing to play for San Antonio (ala Jason Kidd).
Yeah, it's a shame we don't have any all-stars.

And not every team can pull down the Greg Buckners of the world in free agency the way really attractive teams like the Mavs can.

But we'll just have to muddle through somehow.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Also players aren't willing to play for Dallas (ala Mike James).
Fixed.

dav4463
07-20-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm not saying we should never criticize our favorite team. I just don't like the extremely negative "we suck" type posts when things get a little rough. This team has never sucked since Tim Duncan has been here. It has been a first-class organization since the early 70's and Popovich and Duncan has taken them to new levels. Criticize when needed is OK, but in the end, sometimes you need to sit back and think about how great it is to be a fan of the NBA's best franchise: YOUR SAN ANTONIO SPURS !!!!

It would truly suck to be a fan of the Mavericks. That poor team wants so much to be like the Spurs, but it just doesn't happen! Dirk is not Tim and he never will be.

The funny thing is when POP decides to hang it up, Avery Johnson would jump at the chance to come back to San Antonio and I'm sure Spurs fans would forgive him of his mistakes that he made in Dallas. Like the prodigal son, Spurs fans would forgive Avery....I think !

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 09:31 AM
The MAVS as a whole is younger than the Spurs.
I'm not just talking your starters, but your bench is older than ours too. Also big name players aren't willing to play for San Antonio (ala Jason Kidd).

Diop has more of an upside than Damp.

P.S. DX is good but, just a little overrated. BRING BACK BROCK!!!

Who exactly on you bench is a superstar waiting to break out? I know it's Josh Powell...no. Is it DJ Mbenga???? NO. So, its gotta be Pavel Podkolzin right? Gimme a fuckin break "your bench is older than ours" I guess that means we should throw in the towel. We definitely dont have anyone that can handle the firepower of the mav's bench. It's a shame we havent gotten any "big name" free agents, how in the hell did we win those championships without them? Time to go find a razor and sit in the bath tub, the thought of no big name free agents and an old bench is too much for me to handle. I dont know how you survive not having ever won anything. :elephant

MWILL
07-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Fixed.

If you think Mike James is a all-star type player, your fooling yourself. :lol

MWILL
07-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Who exactly on you bench is a superstar waiting to break out? I know it's Josh Powell...no. Is it DJ Mbenga???? NO. So, its gotta be Pavel Podkolzin right? Gimme a fuckin break "your bench is older than ours" I guess that means we should throw in the towel. We definitely dont have anyone that can handle the firepower of the mav's bench. It's a shame we havent gotten any "big name" free agents, how in the hell did we win those championships without them? Time to go find a razor and sit in the bath tub, the thought of no big name free agents and an old bench is too much for me to handle. I dont know how you survive not having ever won anything. :elephant

You forgot D. Harris and M. Ager, and Diop started on the bench ya fucking genius. The other people you just mentioned are YOUNG (Povel won't be shit in the league, I'll give you that one).

What is oldie but goodie: Stack, Damp, Buck, Armstrong (Energy Guy), Crohesre (maybe),

Let's see Barry (Not a factor), Finley (Played great against us only), Van Exel (WTF happen to him), Horry (where's the BIG SHOT), Even the Euro rookie is old too. But, you have the Ulric kid.

Did ya draft anyone? NO!

DID ya win a Championship this year? No!

Are you going to get a decent center? Hell No!

I know Dallas didn't win the in the finals but, they did win the WCF (It's not the greatest of greats I know that, so I don't need any more reminders). Being the best in the west is something, whether you like it or not.

pache100
07-20-2006, 12:19 PM

DID you????

That's what I thought. :stfu

Being the best in the west is something, whether you like it or not.

Yes WE know that. We also know that, sometimes (like this year), the best team does not win the conference.

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I know Dallas didn't win the in the finals but, they did win the WCF (It's not the greatest of greats I know that, so I don't need any more reminders). Being the best in the west is something, whether you like it or not.

Unfortunately, no one ever remembers who came in 2nd place.

RonMexico
07-20-2006, 12:22 PM
You forgot D. Harris and M. Ager, and Diop started on the bench ya fucking genius. The other people you just mentioned are YOUNG (Povel won't be shit in the league, I'll give you that one).

What is oldie but goodie: Stack, Damp, Buck, Armstrong (Energy Guy), Crohesre (maybe),

Let's see Barry (Not a factor), Finley (Played great against us only), Van Exel (WTF happen to him), Horry (where's the BIG SHOT), Even the Euro rookie is old too. But, you have the Ulric kid.

Did ya draft anyone? NO!

You wanna talk about a bench? Look at the Phoenix Mercury... Jennifer Derevjanik backing up Diana Taurasi?!?!?!? Now, that's some firepower...

RonMexico
07-20-2006, 12:28 PM

What I hate about all Mavs' fans is that they go up 2-0 in the Finals and think they have a dynasty and schedule a parade...

Btw, let's talk about a bench here - Eric Piaktowski and Marcus Banks... not to mention Atlanta's lottery pick next season... and then we can round it out with Sean Marks and the writer formerly known as Paul Shirley (just cause he's jumped to ESPN doesn't mean he's lost his spot at the end of the row)... wow, the worst Suns players are pretty much better than anything the Mavs have to offer off the bench, considering they let a bench led by James Posey and 1-kidney Mourning beat them 4 straight...

RonMexico
07-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately, no one ever remembers who came in 2nd place.

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room...

MWILL
07-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm not saying we should never criticize our favorite team. I just don't like the extremely negative "we suck" type posts when things get a little rough. This team has never sucked since Tim Duncan has been here. It has been a first-class organization since the early 70's and Popovich and Duncan has taken them to new levels. Criticize when needed is OK, but in the end, sometimes you need to sit back and think about how great it is to be a fan of the NBA's best franchise: YOUR SAN ANTONIO SPURS !!!!

It would truly suck to be a fan of the Mavericks. That poor team wants so much to be like the Spurs, but it just doesn't happen! Dirk is not Tim and he never will be.

The funny thing is when POP decides to hang it up, Avery Johnson would jump at the chance to come back to San Antonio and I'm sure Spurs fans would forgive him of his mistakes that he made in Dallas. Like the prodigal son, Spurs fans would forgive Avery....I think !

To say it sucks to be a MAV fan, it a little harsh. Dallas did get far in playoffs and that is good thing, despite what happened in the finals.

As for the Dirk and Tim comparassion, they're two different players. Dirk is superior in shooting but, Tim superior in post-up game. Dirk is a SF in a C/PF body. They will NEVER be like the other.

As for Avery going back to San Antonio, I don't think so. Dallas loves Avery.

FromWayDowntown
07-20-2006, 12:31 PM

Did ya draft anyone? NO!

By all reports (particularly statements from Donnie Nelson) Devin Harris will start when 2005-06 begins. All things being equal, that makes the Mavs bench look a whole lot like this:

Erick Dampier
Greg Buckner
Jerry Stackhouse
Austin Croshere
Maurice Ager
D.J. Mbenga
12th man

More than half of that bench is on the other side of 30 and 5/7th of it will be if the Mavs go with a vet to unseat Marshall or Powell.

The Spurs bench will have as many or more 20-somethings than the Mavs bench will: Bonner is 26, Udrih is 24, and Butler is 21. And the 30-something crowd on the Spurs bench is arguably better in quality than Dallas' 30-somethings. Finley, Horry, Oberto, and Barry >= Stackhouse, Dampier, Croshere, and Buckner. If the Spurs swing a deal to move Barry or Williams (if not both) that gap could swing quite decisively in favor of the Spurs.

The 2006 WCSF are the past. I think it's fairly plausible to think that the Spurs would have won that series if they'd been even just a bit deeper in a functional sense than they were. The Spurs didn't have a roster that could effectively deal with the Mavericks' movement to small ball. With players like Bonner, Butler, and either one of Udrih or Vaughn, I think that has already changed.

MWILL
07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
DID you????

That's what I thought. :stfu

Yes WE know that. We also know that, sometimes (like this year), the best team does not win the conference.

Read the WHOLE post you Jackass!!

(KMFA) Kiss My Fucking Ass!

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 12:37 PM

Did ya draft anyone? NO!

Ager was on the bench? I could've sworn he was playing at MSU last year..."ya fuckin genius". Harris and Diop started for most of the playoffs and will probably continue to do so, so no they arent part of your bench. That's like me saying Manu is part of the bench cause he didnt start a couple games against the kings. After that you listed "oldies but goodies" and your young guys who suck, both of which contradict the "young bench" that's supposed to be a Mav's strength from your previous post. Great argument.

Moving on...

If I remember correctly you guys also lost to an older Miami team when you didnt win the championship. Winning the west means something except when you're trying to talk shit to a fanbase that's won 3 championships and was the defending champ going into this past year. So feel free to shut the fuck up.

pjjrfan
07-20-2006, 12:37 PM
We're spoiled cause we have some great talent to back up Tim, a true superstar. Maybe we didnt' win a title this year, but the fact remains when the Spurs have gotten to the big dance they have come home with a trophy and not a promise of wait till next year. One thing Pop always says is that this opportunity may never come again, and this team knows this and knows what it takes to get there and once there they know what it takes to win. Yeah we're spoiled but for good reason. We have a damn good team with some damn good players.

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Just so there isnt any confusion:

MSU (Michigan State University)

MWILL
07-20-2006, 12:51 PM
What I hate about all Mavs' fans is that they go up 2-0 in the Finals and think they have a dynasty and schedule a parade...

Btw, let's talk about a bench here - Eric Piaktowski and Marcus Banks... not to mention Atlanta's lottery pick next season... and then we can round it out with Sean Marks and the writer formerly known as Paul Shirley (just cause he's jumped to ESPN doesn't mean he's lost his spot at the end of the row)... wow, the worst Suns players are pretty much better than anything the Mavs have to offer off the bench, considering they let a bench led by James Posey and 1-kidney Mourning beat them 4 straight...

It's fun to talk to a Suns fan.

Hey Ron, If you beat both the Spurs & Suns (both good teams) in the playoffs and if your team was up 2-0 in the finals you would think championship too.

Now to your bench: Eric and Marcus are decent pick-ups, Steve will make them better. How will they play in the playoffs? Hmmm.

Pretty much better? You've been in the sun too long.

Amare, let's see if he can stay healthy.

BTW, Did you treat your crabs today?

MWILL
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Just so there isnt any confusion:

MSU (Michigan State University)

Devin started during the San Antonio series and not in the begining of the playoffs. Then after that Spur series was over, he came from the bench most of the time in the remainding games of the playoffs. Therefore he's a bench player. Devin won't start next year, Avery doesn't trust him just yet but, you knew that YOU FUCKING GENIUS!
Powell & MBenga (still will need work) will help when it comes to hustle plays and rebounds.

Future:
M. Ager a good pick-up (BTW he played at MSU last year), Buckner will start while Ager watches from the bench. He's our new bench player while the Spurs don't have any draft picks. You FUCKING GENIUS!

BTW, Damp has more value than Exel, Horry, Barry, and your 2 shitty centers put together. You SPOILED BRAT!!

strangeweather
07-20-2006, 04:40 PM
BTW, Damp has a bigger contract than Exel, Horry, Barry, and your 2 shitty centers put together.
Fixed it.

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Devin started during the San Antonio series and not in the begining of the playoffs. Then after that Spur series was over, he came from the bench most of the time in the remainding games of the playoffs. Therefore he's a bench player. Devin won't start next year, Avery doesn't trust him just yet but, you knew that YOU FUCKING GENIUS!
Powell & MBenga (still will need work) will help when it comes to hustle plays and rebounds.

Future:
M. Ager a good pick-up (BTW he played at MSU last year), Buckner will start while Ager watches from the bench. He's our new bench player while the Spurs don't have any draft picks. You FUCKING GENIUS!

BTW, Damp has more value than Exel, Horry, Barry, and your 2 shitty centers put together. You SPOILED BRAT!!

To be correct Devin actually started in 15 of the 23 playoff games so that doesnt really make him a bench player during that period. But i'll give you that he probably wont start the majority of the games in the regular season. Im glad you realized that Ager went to MSU and was in college last season, or else he couldnt have been drafted this season...props. Actually the spurs did have a draft pick, the second to last of the draft, so your statement is incorrect. They then traded the draft rights for that player. Damp is definitely more valuable than Horry and Barry with his game winn...wait I mean his clutch shoo...oh yeah he's never done shit. All hail Damp and his valuable contributions!!!!!! Get real. Buckner is worthless and you know it. We all saw him toss up brick after brick for the nuggets this playoffs and he is nothing of a defensive stopper so good luck with that again. I'll take a 21 year old Jackie Butler for next to nothing over Buckner any day.

Am I spoiled? Yes, watching championship banners raised to the rafters multiple times does that. Please keep talking cause it's giving me something to do.

ro_50
07-20-2006, 09:02 PM

Future:

The last line is just classic and one of the more pathetic comments I've seen in my life. :lol

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
The last line is just classic and one of the more pathetic comments I've seen in my life. :lol

Yeah. Damp >>>>>>> Horry makes perfect sense with all Damps rings and game winning heroics. He's an idiot.