PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend's BDay + No Money = ???

SoCalSpursFan
07-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, have no choice but to keep it cheap, but she means so much to me and I want it to be special and all...I know every female has recieved one of those "thought that counts" gifts that actually passed the test.....thoughts?

:makeout

tlongII
07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, have no choice but to keep it cheap, but she means so much to me and I want it to be special and all...I know every female has recieved one of those "thought that counts" gifts that actually passed the test.....thoughts?

She might say "it's the thought that counts", but inside she's thinking "What a cheap bastard!"

:blah

Spurminator
07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Go "on a break" for a week or so.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
No birthday nookie for you!

However, props for polling the wimmen on the "thought that counts" gifts. This should be interesting, after watching them all drool in the Diamonds thread.

pache100
07-18-2006, 10:17 AM
On one of my birthdays, the guy I was dating was between jobs and really trying to save his money for bills, rent, etc. I kept telling him he didn't have to get me a present. But the day before my birthday, he convinced me that he needed to keep my car to go for a job interview and that his truck was not running good. So, I let him take me to work and keep the car. He spent all day detailing that sucker...waxing, shampooing the carpet and cloth seats, ArmorAll-ing everything. I had these seat covers that I'd made out of beach towels and he even washed and dried those and put them back on. That little Nissan Pulsar looked like a brand new one! That's probably one of the best birthday presents I ever got.

About three weeks later, after he'd gotten a job and his first pay check, he bought me some James Avery earrings and we had my birthday all over again. :eyebrows :oops :angel What a special year!

ObiwanGinobili
07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
you can safely overcome the no$$ roadblock with a combination of any of the following:

oral sex - lots of it and high quality
cleaning - dishes, floors, laundry, bathrooms: everything. Even if you don;t live there.
cook her a lovely dinner (like 3 courses, IF you can cook, otherwise do nto attempt)
picnic w/ candles
massage - foot massage is great, so is all body massage.
Coupons - those cheesy made yourself coupns that are redemable later on for "cuddle time" "sex" "back rub" "shopping with out complaint" etc etc really do work. I've never met a girl that didn't go apeshit over those. They are thoughtfull

and what ever you do - try your best to set the stage.

even if you give her a homemade cake w/ homemade icing. try to pick some wild flowers to accent the table, put a nice cloth on it, etc etc.

the truth is it really is the thought that counts and it needs to be obvious that you put thought into whatever you do for her. If she;s a good girl she will ove it and will understand that you don;t have spare $$ right now.
If she is a meterialistic bitch however - there will be a fight.

good luck!

Kori Ellis
07-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Picnic
Pedicure
Massage
Sex

Low cost, high fun.

ObiwanGinobili
07-18-2006, 10:25 AM
On one of my birthdays, the guy I was dating was between jobs and really trying to save his money for bills, rent, etc. I kept telling him he didn't have to get me a present. But the day before my birthday, he convinced me that he needed to keep my car to go for a job interview and that his truck was not running good. So, I let him take me to work and keep the car. He spent all day detailing that sucker...waxing, shampooing the carpet and cloth seats, ArmorAll-ing everything. I had these seat covers that I'd made out of beach towels and he even washed and dried those and put them back on. That little Nissan Pulsar looked like a brand new one! That's probably one of the best birthday presents I ever got.

About three weeks later, after he'd gotten a job and his first pay check, he bought me some James Avery earrings and we had my birthday all over again. :eyebrows :oops :angel What a special year!

:tu thats a winner right there.

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:29 AM
GF's Birthday + No Money= No Action for You.

:)

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:31 AM
She might say "it's the thought that counts", but inside she's thinking "What a cheap bastard!"

:lol I'd never say that...

...Speaking of which, FYI, My birthday's coming also :eyebrows

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:34 AM

At last, honesty!

Give me your address, and I'll send you some coupons . . .

Quadzilla99
07-18-2006, 10:34 AM
you can safely overcome the no$$ roadblock with a combination of any of the following:

cleaning - dishes, floors, laundry, bathrooms: everything. Even if you don;t live there.
cook her a lovely dinner (like 3 courses, IF you can cook, otherwise do nto attempt)
picnic w/ candles
massage - foot massage is great, so is all body massage.
Coupons - those cheesy made yourself coupns that are redemable later on for "cuddle time" "sex" "back rub" "shopping with out complaint" etc etc really do work. I've never met a girl that didn't go apeshit over those. They are thoughtfull

and what ever you do - try your best to set the stage.

even if you give her a homemade cake w/ homemade icing. try to pick some wild flowers to accent the table, put a nice cloth on it, etc etc.

the truth is it really is the thought that counts and it needs to be obvious that you put thought into whatever you do for her. If she;s a good girl she will ove it and will understand that you don;t have spare $$ right now.
If she is a meterialistic bitch however - there will be a fight.

good luck! That's a good point if you go through a huge amount of effort for a girl like that and she still bitches bacause you didn't spend any actual money. Well she's a cunt and you should dump her ASAP. Then fuck two of her friends.

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Give me your address, and I'll send you some coupons . . .

Cheapo!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Speaking as a guy who has been in this situation, I wholeheartedly recommend the massage and cleaning routes. These are also quality routes to go if you find yourself in a situation where you do have money, but don't have a clue what to buy. I used them and I wound up marrying the girl so that says all you need to know. Unless you don't want to marry this one, in which case you can do the cleaning and massage but do them very poorly.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
I've never met a girl that didn't go apeshit over those.

We all just met one.

ObiwanGinobili
07-18-2006, 10:38 AM

ya know - I don;t remember you complaining about all that free nookie i gve you last year on your b-day. :p

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Speaking as a guy who has been in this situation, I wholeheartedly recommend the massage and cleaning routes. .

Not the oral sex?????

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
We all just met one.

:lol :angel Please, if I wanted a rebate, I'd turn you in for a better model.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
:tu

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Not the oral sex?????

cleaning routes

1Parker1
ya know - I don;t remember you complaining about all that free nookie i gve you last year on your b-day. :p

:lol Waits for Shoog's head to explode....

Mrs.Tlong

No, usually I call you a cheap bastard right to your face. :princess

Cheap Bastard.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 10:42 AM

I think I had a boyfriend do that for me in the 6th grade and I think it made me cry it was so lame.

spurs_fan_in_exile
Not the oral sex?????

:lol I endorse that too, but without the cleaning and massage parts you're looking at an uphill battle just to deliver that gift.

1Parker1
No, usually I call you a cheap bastard right to your face. :princess

Cheap Bastard.

:lmao

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Katy was getting oral sex in the 6th grade? Whoa.

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I think I had a boyfriend do that for me in the 6th grade and I think it made me cry it was so lame.

:lmao :tu See? I'm not the only one who thinks it's lame. I think I used to give those "coupons" to my mom for her Birthday when she was little. "This coupon is good for one vacume and house cleaning job. Expires August 20th)"

CuckingFunt
07-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I tried to think of an honest response for this, but it involved handcuffs, a spreader bar and a riding crop... too early in the morning to go there.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:45 AM
So under the Material Girls we have: 1Parker1, katy.

Damn, I better start saving some money.

SpursWoman
We all just met one.

Two of us ... oops, three .... it's sweet, but cashing them in can be tricky when it isn't your birthday anymore. :lol

And I don't think I'd like the cleaning thing, either. It is the thought that counts, but I'm very anal about cleaning ... and no one in my house cleans as thoroughly as I do, so I'd just get irritated and go back and redo it.

One thing Chris did for me at Valentine's Day that didn't cost a lot of money was he rented a helium tank from Party City and completely filled up my kitchen/dining room will a couple of hundred balloons. That was very unexpected and very awesome. Plus, he had to tie up all of those bastards himself. :makeout :)

Extra Stout
1Parker1: aspiring golddigger.

katyon6th
I don't even know what a spreader bar or a riding crop are.

Geez.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:46 AM
I think I used to give those "coupons" to my mom for her Birthday when she was little.

Now this is making my head explode.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Material Girls: 1Parker1, katy, SpursWoman, Mrs.Tlong

Cheap Guy's Dreams: ObiwonGinobili, pache100, Kori

Pain Girls: CuckingFunt

Trainwreck2100
I don't even know what a spreader bar or a riding crop are.

Geez.

It's that freaky S&M stuff

katyon6th
Katy was getting oral sex in the 6th grade? Whoa.

Who the fuck said anything about oral sex?

I was still wearing pigtails and babydoll dresses in the 6th grade, I didn't even know what oral sex was ... or a penis for that matter. Ew penis. :angel

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:49 AM
1Parker1: aspiring golddigger.

:lol Now I ain't saying I'm a gold digger, but I ain't messin with no broke ....

SpursWoman
My daughter starts 6th grade next month ... y'all STFU. :cuss

pache100
One thing Chris did for me at Valentine's Day that didn't cost a lot of money was he rented a helium tank from Party City and completely filled up my kitchen/dining room will a couple of hundred balloons. That was very unexpected and very awesome. Plus, he had to tie up all of those bastards himself. :makeout :)

This is hilarious! My sister and her co-workers filled up their boss' office with black balloons on his birthday. It was very funny when he opened the door and they just came floating out into the hallway! I have always wanted to do that, but our building/offices are not conducive to it.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 10:50 AM
:lol Now I ain't saying I'm a gold digger, but I ain't messin with no broke ....

pache100

:lol

1Parker1
Now this is making my head explode.

Ewwwwwwwwww, Shoog that's nasty, you offically lost points for even thinking that.

tlongII

I have a nice gift for you, but you will have to come out here to pick it up. :smokin

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 10:51 AM

Hey now, I'm trying to preserve the innocence of 6th graders everywhere. I swear I didn't know what oral sex was.

ShoogarBear

Make sure she understands . . . No Coupons From Boys.

Mrs.Tlong

I'm not asking for the world. Just whole grain organic oats and alfalfa. Not that Costco shit.

1Parker1

:lol That's sweet. My brother in law did the same exact thing for my sister...except he blew up the balloons over night and filled the bedroom with it and rose petals and stuff. So when she woke up the morning of her birthdya thtere were a couple hundred balloons and rose petals everywhere.

SpursWoman
07-18-2006, 10:52 AM

I'm far from a material girl ... I'd be happy with a picnic that I didn't have to cook and lots of sex. :)

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Ewwwwwwwwww, Shoog that's nasty, you offically lost points for even thinking that.

Um, read what you said again.

tlongII
07-18-2006, 10:53 AM
:lmao :tu See? I'm not the only one who thinks it's lame. I think I used to give those "coupons" to my mom for her Birthday when she was little. "This coupon is good for one vacume and house cleaning job. Expires August 20th)"

Was her birthday August 20th?

Trainwreck2100
Hey now, I'm trying to preserve the innocence of 6th graders everywhere. I swear I didn't know what oral sex was.

So did you call it "the capri sun???"

1Parker1
Um, read what you said again.

Well you loser, You KNOW i DIDN'T mean it like that!!! I explained that those coupons were for house cleaning and stuff....

yech, i think i may barf...

Mrs.Tlong
07-18-2006, 10:54 AM
I have a nice gift for you, but you will have to come out here to pick it up. :smokin

RUN 1PARKER1 ! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

He'll have a shock stick and a crate around the corner - and he'll say "let me just show you this great gift I got you.. it's right here down this dark alley"

trust me.

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Was her birthday August 20th?

:lol Yea.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
It's that freaky S&M stuff

It fascinates me that you know this.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:57 AM
:rolleyes

I think I used to give those "coupons" to my mom for her Birthday when she was little.

Some people around here have such filthy minds.

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
It fascinates me that you know this.

It's called google

Sportcamper
07-18-2006, 10:59 AM

http://www.lakersbrethren.com/LMAOlaMaoCat.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-18-2006, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes

Some people around here have such filthy minds.

I'm trying to figure out that dynamic.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
It's called google

You killed my fascination, you suck.

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2006, 11:06 AM

I do have a coupon

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:08 AM
I do have a coupon

Something tells me you wouldn't know what to do with it.

SpursWoman

You can always replace the fascination with wonder. As in, "I wonder when he'll ever get to use all of this knowledge...". :lol

timvp
I gave Kori coupons once. I cut out like 50 squares, wrote the info on each one and then made an envelope to hold them all. Turned out to be a two hour craft job.

That was like four years ago and Kori never redeemed one damn coupon :lol :cry

So yeah, the coupon route is not something I would recommend.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I gave Kori coupons once. I cut out like 50 squares, wrote the info on each one and then made an envelope to hold them all. Turned out to be a two hour craft job.

PWNT! :lmao :lmao

Jimcs50
thoughts?

Ummm, you are a loser?

PinkBunny
trainwreck: officially the internet's most sexed out virgin.

PinkBunny
07-18-2006, 11:10 AM

If she finds that envelope and turns them all in tonight I predict you'll be on life support by morning.

Kori Ellis
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM

Why would I need to use those coupons when you do me everyday without me asking?

I'm saving them for when you are old ... or less interested or something.

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Something tells me you wouldn't know what to do with it.

Once again that's what google's for, I'm gonna need a laptop, a flashlight, and dental floss????

jman3000
07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Why would I need to use those coupons when you do me everyday without me asking?

I'm saving them for when you are old ... or less interested or something.
lmfao...

i hate when i get all sexed up and nobody asks : (

or for that matter... nobody is around

:depressed

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I just couldn't imagine asking for sex. What a concept.

Kori Ellis

And just so you know, I know exactly where the coupons are ... four years later. They are in the top drawer of the tall bureau in our room, inside my sunglasses case.

Extra Stout
I would never try the coupon thing. Of course, I have plenty of $$$$$$$ and would never have to resort to that.

tlongII
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
lmfao...

i hate when i get all sexed up and nobody asks : (

or for that matter... nobody is around

:depressed

That's what Google is for.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
And just so you know, I know exactly where the coupons are ... four years later. They are in the top drawer of the tall bureau in our room, inside my sunglasses case.

Yeah, the next time you check, they will be replaced by a bunch of jman coupons . . .

Kori Ellis
07-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, the next time you check, they will be replaced by a bunch of jman coupons . . .

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2006, 11:17 AM
That's what Google is for.

http://mywits.com/images/uploads/googleoo.jpg

Extra Stout
07-18-2006, 11:18 AM
jman already knew where they were... he tries to be discreet.

jman3000
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
:rollin:rollin

but i'd be too lazy to make my own... i'd probaby just cross out items in existing coupons and put my name on it... so you could buy me once and get 50% off or whatever.

novel concept

Kori Ellis
07-18-2006, 11:20 AM
http://mywits.com/images/uploads/googleoo.jpg

Where's Buttaface's nipples?

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Where's Buttaface's nipples?

I had to go back and look at the post to confirm she was a buttaface.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Thank you for posting the link, Kori.

One of my co-workers just told me I shouldn't be looking at that kind of stuff. Geezus.

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Look I just found the pick I'm not going on a nipple hunt

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I would never try the coupon thing. Of course, I have plenty of $$$$$$$ and would never have to resort to that.

You drive me crazier with every keystroke you make.

Ugh.

Mrs.Jimcs50
07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Ummm, you are a loser?

Jim bought me a set of golf clubs once for my birthday.
I said, "Honey, I know we've only been married 10 years, but I don't golf". He said, "Well, we don't want these to go to waste!"

:flipoff

Kori Ellis
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM

I had to go back and look at the post to confirm she was a buttaface.

I can find the beauty in almost anyone, but she epitomized buttaface to me.

Kori Ellis
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Ugh.

Are you masturbating to his posts again?

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:27 AM

It's unfortunate I'm at work. This white linen skirt is feeling clingy.

SpursWoman
07-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Holy crap. deja vu! :wow :lmao

SoCalSpursFan
07-18-2006, 11:29 AM
maybe I should just give her a print out of this thread.

a gift that keeps on giving. :lol

timvp
07-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I almost forgot about this thread. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8017)

Giving a pedicure isn't the easiest thing to do in the world. Especially for someone who can't color within the lines.

But I enjoyed the time with my client.

:smokin

Extra Stout
07-18-2006, 11:41 AM

Ugh.
Since I didn't use any big words in that post, you're just blatantly golddigging.

Extra Stout
07-18-2006, 11:43 AM
If she read a William F. Buckley column, would she self-asphyxiate?

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 11:45 AM
If she read a William F. Buckley column, would she self-asphyxiate?

Cum ...

... bustible.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Since I didn't use any big words in that post, you're just blatantly golddigging.

It was the "$$$$$$$$$" that got her wet.

mcornelio
07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
lj u idiot... u should expirations on those coupons... now when your 70 kori's gonna pull em out and get you... you better steal them while u have the chance.

Mixability
07-18-2006, 12:31 PM
lj u idiot... u should expirations on those coupons... now when your 70 kori's gonna pull em out and get you... you better steal them while u have the chance.

what are you doing in a "girlfriend" thread?

1Parker1
07-18-2006, 12:54 PM
:lmao I completely missed that Timvp/Anniversary thread. Good Times :tu

mcornelio
07-18-2006, 02:03 PM
what are you doing in a "girlfriend" thread?

Gatita
07-18-2006, 03:28 PM

Aww.... que sweet. :spin

The best gift I have recieved that didn't require dinero was a love letter. :makeout

2Blonde
07-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Aww.... que sweet. :spin

The best gift I have recieved that didn't require dinero was a love letter. :makeoutThat's all I ever ask for. My husband writes me a love letter for every birthday and anniversary. It has taken me over 9 years to get it through his head that this is really all I want.

I would prefer he just surprise me with gifts randomly when we aren't saving for something like the new house we're building. I would rather him take the money he was going to spend on a bday gift and put it in savings and write me a really great letter and plan a night of wild sex.:smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2006, 08:58 PM

aHAHAHAHAHAHHA, dude you are fucked!!! That thought that counts stuff is a myth!!!

rofl
let us know how it turns out

CuckingFunt
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
That thought that counts stuff is a myth!!!
No it's not.

Price/value is nowhere near as important to me as the thought behind it.

Then again, I'm easy to please. Bend me over and take me on the dining room table, and I'm yours forever.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Another reason your femality is too good to be true.

thought that counts is a myth.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 09:29 PM

:lol :lol

CuckingFunt
07-18-2006, 09:30 PM
To quote the drunken man-whore:

whatever.

Extra Stout
07-18-2006, 09:32 PM

CBF,

Are you familiar with the frustration many women experience when they find a man with all the character traits they want, only to find out he is gay?

Shawn Carter
07-18-2006, 09:34 PM

sucks to be you

furry_spurry
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I am a thought that counts person-- far better than an expensive gift with no thought. I can buy things for myself.

Does she have any particular cause or charity that is important to her? You could do something for it in her name- like volunteer.

And a man who actually takes the time to write something down to you-- priceless.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
CBF,

Are you familiar with the frustration many women experience when they find a man with all the character traits they want, only to find out he is gay?

no im not a chick nor am i gay

Extra Stout
07-18-2006, 09:47 PM
no im not a chick nor am i gay
Ah, but CuckingFunt is both.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2006, 09:51 PM
melmart is a true lesbian, but cuckingfunt still has not convinced me. maybe its cuz melly posted a pic, and she was in on kori's 'girls got game' thingie

Rosario Dawson IS one of the hotter chicks these days..but thats something a guy would say.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2006, 09:54 PM
melmart is a true lesbian, but cuckingfunt still has not convinced me. maybe its cuz melly posted a pic, and she was in on kori's 'girls got game' thingie

Rosario Dawson IS one of the hotter chicks these days..but thats something a guy would say.
Probably because you've been waiting for me to convince you that I'm a lesbian, when I'm not.

I'm bisexual.

50/50, straight down the middle, decidedly undecided, has no preference, bi.

jman3000
07-18-2006, 10:00 PM
To quote the drunken man-whore:

whatever.
whatever

TheRage
07-18-2006, 10:05 PM

BOx Wine + 1.00 French bread at HEB + random candle = " a night in Paris setting" and drunk happy gf

ShoogarBear
07-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Probably because you've been waiting for me to convince you that I'm a lesbian, when I'm not.

I'm bisexual.

50/50, straight down the middle, decidedly undecided, has no preference, bi.
i.e., THREE-WAY CITY, BAYBEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRage
07-18-2006, 10:06 PM
now that i think about it... you can just use the wine on her..... or if you are a true fuck up, drink the wine and when you are drunk just tell her the truth then pass out.

katyon6th
07-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Rage, I love you!

TheRage
07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Thank you :)
I'm quite fond of you myself.