PDA

View Full Version : Just made a bet with my friend regarding Lebron

Phil Hellmuth
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
LEBRON OVER 2.5 CHAMPIONSHIPS by age 30..... 5 to 1 Odds.

He wagered a thousand bucks for the Over 2.5.

I think I got myself a winner in about 9 years.

Thoughts?

Lebron won't win next year, won't win the next year, probably won't win the next year, then the next few years are up for grabs once duncan and the west powerhouses settle down.\

Easy winner.

NBA Junkie
07-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Don't get too cocky. Nobody thought the Pistons would knock off the heavily favored Lakers in '04 and not many expected the Heat to take it this year.

The East is wide open now that Ben has defected to the Windy City and the Heat will be declining due to an aging roster. The Cavs could easily get there in 1-2 years. However, LeBron will need more help from his role players if they hope to win one soon.

mabber
07-18-2006, 05:52 PM
LEBRON OVER 2.5 CHAMPIONSHIPS by age 30..... 5 to 1 Odds.

He wagered a thousand bucks for the Over 2.5.

I think I got myself a winner in about 9 years.

Thoughts?

Lebron won't win next year, won't win the next year, probably won't win the next year, then the next few years are up for grabs once duncan and the west powerhouses settle down.\

Easy winner.

You need him to win 3 titles in 9 years. That could happen but that's a terrible bet. Odds should be longer.

Phil Hellmuth
07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
You need him to win 3 titles in 9 years. That could happen but that's a terrible bet. Odds should be longer.

yea i know, but he accepted it, so hey ill take it!

:elephant

Bob Lanier
07-18-2006, 05:55 PM
The Cavs have an ageing, mismatched roster, a bloated payroll, and poor management, and I remain unconvinced of James's leadership abilities. However, the NBA is being reshaped to allow wing players to dominate games as they never have before and he in particular is allowed to blatantly violate several rules, so you never know. But I'd still take the under.

atxrocker
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I would put money that lebron won't win for a long time, if ever.

G-Money
07-19-2006, 02:01 AM
I dont see James ever winning a win in the next 5 years...with a team like that not even Michel Jordan would be able to.

Sportcamper
07-19-2006, 11:31 AM
NBA Junkie- Not really...tlong predicted a sweep by the Pistons that season...And several other posters that saw the Pistons play (on league pass) knew the Pistons had a strong team....And I have felt that if Shaq can stay healthy he can carry the Heat to the finals....

That being said...No way Le Bron takes the Cavs to the NBA finals without more help...Aint gonna happen....(See Kobe)...

ShoogarBear
07-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Maybe if they somehow get Greg Oden next year; otherwise, those are some damn short odds.

mabber
07-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Maybe if they somehow get Greg Oden next year; otherwise, those are some damn short odds.

Yeah, 5-1 odds would probably be the odds of LeBron winning 1 (maybe 2)NBA title in the next 9 years but definitely not 3.

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
you guys will forget about it in 9 years

ShoogarBear
07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
you guys will forget about it in 9 years
A thou? No fucking way.