PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Vaughn

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Does Jacque Vaughns signing spell doom for Beno? Do you think this means he is gone?

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Quite the contrary.

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
How so?

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
You think he is just insurance or what?

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Most NBA teams carry 3 PG's on their roster. The Vaughn signing isn't much different from signing NVE last year. Except that Vaughn might suck slightly less.

MoSpur
07-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Nope. It means Beno is going to have to fight again to back Tony up. He better wake up and get on the ball.

timvp
07-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Vaughn was brought in as an emergency third point guard. It's a sign from the Spurs that they expect Beno to be the backup.

Beno would have to be horrible next season to lose his spot in the rotation.

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Vaughn averaged 1.5 assists last season in 15 min a game while shooting .167 from the 3 line. Yikes, nevermind we better get a choke hold on Beno

benjirh
07-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Vaughn was brought in as an emergency third point guard. It's a sign from the Spurs that they expect Beno to be the backup.

Beno would have to be horrible next season to lose his spot in the rotation.

It wouldn't be out of the norm for beno to be horrible.

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:45 PM
It wouldn't be out of the norm for beno to be horrible.

Totally agree, couldnt guard a bank with a oozie

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Hang on to that purse, Beno!

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Hang on to that purse, Beno!

Man purse bro, its distant cousins with the fanny pack

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Purse.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Are you guys jealous heīs a Spur?

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, his purse probably costs as much as my car.

I just don't want him dropping it at the sight of Chuck Hayes.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, his purse probably costs as much as my car.

I see. You are just jealous.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I see he folds under the press.

mardigan
07-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I see he folds under the press.

And cant play d, and wares an earing in his right ear only, hmm....

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
But has a lot of $$$$ in his purse anyway.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
And cant play d, and wares an earing in his right ear only, hmm....
Is there something wrong with being a gay in America, worldīs leading country in democracy?

mardigan
07-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Not at all, I was implying that he needs to figere out that euro fashion doesnt bode well here. And I didnt call him gay, just a fashion victim

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I really don't care about the purse or whatever. I think Beno is a good passer and shooter. However, there are very specific things Beno needs to do better to get PT on the Spurs and stay in the NBA. Not choking when pressed is one. Maximizing his conditioning is the other. I haven't seen much progress in either during the past two seasons, and if Beno makes no progress, he'll keep losing time to fossils like NVE or scrubs like Vaughn.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Not at all, I was implying that he needs to figere out that euro fashion doesnt bode well here. And I didnt call him gay, just a fashion victim
:lol THAT (what Beno wear) is NOT euro fashion at all I swear! :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-19-2006, 05:03 PM

Leave calling him gay to our next starting center.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 05:04 PM
:lol

mardigan
07-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Thats fucking funny, and I do think Benos got some skills, he is just lazy

Solid D
07-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Vaughn = Seasoned, minimum wage veteran PG, good in the room, better defender than Beno, lots of good intangibles kind of guy.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 05:09 PM
I really don't care about the purse or whatever. I think Beno is a good passer and shooter. However, there are very specific things Beno needs to do better to get PT on the Spurs and stay in the NBA. Not choking when pressed is one. Maximizing his conditioning is the other. I haven't seen much progress in either during the past two seasons, and if Beno makes no progress, he'll keep losing time to fossils like NVE or scrubs like Vaughn.

If you donīt get playing time you canīt progress.

When other teams plays full court press, his team mate should run infront of Beno to help him with making a block or to make sure Beno could pass the ball to him. Is that so hard to do?
Coach should recognize his skills and abilities and use them (passing and shooting)

mardigan
07-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Agreed, way better defender than Beno, not much of a passer or 3 shooter though

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Thats fucking funny, and I do think Benos got some skills, he is just lazy
Beno made 2 to 3 full time trainings when he was younger (when he was 14 years old he had trainings with 14, 16 and olders) and now he is lazy?

mardigan
07-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Beno made 2 to 3 full time trainings when he was younger (when he was 14 years old he had trainings with 14, 16 and olders) and now he is lazy?

Maybe he isnt, he just doesnt look like he is in great shape, and when played extensive min seems to look tired and slows down. Maybe non-athletic is what I should have said. Maybe he has some xenodrene in his purse

ChumpDumper
07-19-2006, 05:24 PM
If you donīt get playing time you canīt progress.He can certainly work on his conditioning without PT, and he'd have gotten more PT in the playoffs had he not shown complete vulnerability to the feared Chuck Hayes press.
When other teams plays full court press, his team mate should run infront of Beno to help him with making a block or to make sure Beno could pass the ball to him. Is that so hard to do?
Coach should recognize his skills and abilities and use them (passing and shooting)So Beno shouldn't try to get any better?

If he's as good as he's ever going to be bringing up the ball, we should cut him and stop wasting our time.

Slo spurs fan
07-19-2006, 05:25 PM
So Beno shouldn't try to get any better?

Where did I say this?

timvp
07-19-2006, 09:22 PM
What ChumpDumper is trying to say is that Beno is fat. I don't know a more out of shape point guard in the NBA. In Europe, he had a rep as being fat too, so this isn't a new thing.

He needs to dedicate himself to getting into good shape. He has very good potential but the answer to being a good basketball player is being in tip top shape ... and going out to clubs and partying every night is not the answer, Beno.

The last Spur this active in the club scene was Ron Mercer.

T Park
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Going into this season with Beno as the primary back up is going to be a mistake that will bite them in the ass, AGAIN.

bigdog
07-19-2006, 09:29 PM
beno is not a bad player, but i cant live with him as our main backup. get chucky atkins!

timvp
07-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Going into this season with Beno as the primary back up is going to be a mistake that will bite them in the ass, AGAIN.

Who did you want the Spurs to sign?

T Park
07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Primary? Speedy or Bobby Jackson.

Then, Jannero Pargo.

Vaughn will end up being the primary back up, like Van Exel had to last year, cause Beno, will be doing night at the roxbury's every freakin night.

timvp
07-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Speedy or BJax would have cost the full MLE. That's too much for them.

Pargo is someone I have pimped for three years now but for some reason the Spurs never listen. Even if they went after him, he probably cost at least the LLE.

Vaughn is your standard, run of the mill NBA point guard. He won't hurt you but he won't really help you. He's basically an insurance policy in case Beno turns into Spraino again or isn't able to dribble the ball up the court.

Buddy Holly
07-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Primary? Speedy or Bobby Jackson.

Then where the fuck were we gonna get a center?

T Park
07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Then where the fuck were we gonna get a center?

Cool youve got a 3 rebound a game 21 year old unknown

Your back up is once again an overweight slow can't bring the ball up against NBDL players stiff.

But what the hell.

T Park
07-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Pargo is someone I have pimped for three years now but for some reason the Spurs never listen. Even if they went after him, he probably cost at least the LLE.

Give him the damn contract.

Kid can shoot, he can defend, and handles the ball very well.

But lets keep going with the great white hope and turn the ball over and over and over and over....

picnroll
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Vaughn will end up being the primary back up, like Van Exel had to last year, cause Beno, will be doing night at the roxbury's every freakin night.
Van Exel, not Beno, was intended to be the primary backup PG last year and he sucked donkey balls. Lay the backup PG disaster where it belongs, on Van Suck, then you can P&M that the third string PG didn't bail out Van Suck.

Beer is Good
07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I hope Tony's ready for next season. We're gonna need him more than ever.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2006, 02:58 AM
I feel I must make myself more clear. Beno has talent -- alot of it. But if he wants to stay in this league he really has to bust some ass. Good passing and aggressive shooting alone isn't going to cut it. He's in crappy shape and doesn't bring up the ball well under pressure. These are simple facts, and they are things Beno can work to make better. He has to make these things better to be able to stay in the league past his rookie contract.

At present he is a chubby, short-armed point guard who can't bring up the ball under pressure. He is completely able to address two of those problems to where he will be able to stay in the league.

I sincerely hope he does what it will take to remain in the NBA. He could be an asset to the Spurs for many years to come. If he can't or won't, we need to look elsewhere. Guys like John Lucas III are out there for the taking.

AMOS7
07-20-2006, 03:13 AM
http://www.triera.net/upload/sport/kosarka/udrih_10_show.jpg

oh GOD just look at how FAT he is.

T Park
07-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Get a picture of last year and compare it.

But keeping babbling like you know what your talkin about.

T Park
07-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Van Exel, not Beno, was intended to be the primary backup PG last year and he sucked donkey balls

Link to the press conference that said he was gonna be the PRIMARY backup?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 04:39 AM
If anything, he should be a confidence boost for Beno. :D Like those hot chics with ugly friends.

picnroll
07-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Link to the press conference that said he was gonna be the PRIMARY backup?
Try a link to Spurs' play by play starting with game 1.

MajorMike
07-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Try a link that shows how he single handedly cost us Game 3 in Detroit and played only 12 minutes after that (11 of which were game 4 and didn't even play in 5/6) then shows all 47 minutes he played in this year's playoffs, then shows the near million dollar raise he gets if he is still here next year.

JGrice02
07-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Vaughn was signed so we have someone else to guard Jason Terry, something Beno cannot do.

Terry: 6'2" 180 lbs
Vaughn: 6'1" 190 lbs

It isn't like Vaughn is a great defender, but he will be a huge upgrade over NVE or Beno against guys like Terry. It will be Parker and Beno getting most of the minutes at point with Vaugh getting time based on matchups.

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Vaughn played some fairly valuable minutes for the nets in the playoffs, so he's definitely experienced. He's not coming here to be a 3rd string pg he's gonna fight for the backup spot so Beno needs to be ready if he wants that spot. Vaughn cant shot but he doesnt turn the ball over and he can defend better than beno can (which isnt saying alot). I see him as the primary backup going into training camp, cause to me he has the type of work ethic and attitude that pop likes. I would love to see Beno man up and take the spot, but if he thinks it's just gonna be handed to him then he is fucked.

cheguevara
07-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Is there something wrong with being a gay in America, worldīs leading country in democracy?

Beno's truly gay? didn't know that but now a lot of things make sense! Not that there's anything wrong w/that.

Anyway, come playoff time TP, Barry and Manu will share the point.

picnroll
07-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Net's have spent the last 3-4 years looking for an adequate backup PG for Kidd. Vaughn was their last failed attempt. Williams is supposed to be their answer now. Vaughn is good for spot duty as a defensive backcourt player but if Beno doesn't come through as the primary backup PG, which is a substantial if, Spurs have problems and Parker may be going into the playoffs banged up and tired.

Doug Collins
07-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Net's have spent the last 3-4 years looking for an adequate backup PG for Kidd. Vaughn was their last failed attempt. Williams is supposed to be their answer now. Vaughn is good for spot duty as a defensive backcourt player but if Beno doesn't come through as the primary backup PG, which is a substantial if, Spurs have problems and Parker may be going into the playoffs banged up and tired.

I agree. Im not a big Vaughn fan but if it came down to playing him or Beno I'd feel more comfortable with Vaughn handling the ball. That thought just made me vomit in my mouth.

Mr. Body
07-20-2006, 09:55 AM

I think it's more a matter that they haven't had good perimeter scorers - a problem throughout the Jason Kidd era. If Vaughn is a good ballhandler and can run an offense, he's a horrible shooter. Without the gift of Marcus Williams, they'd still have Vaughn.

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Vaughn was signed so we have someone else to guard Jason Terry, something Beno cannot do.

Terry: 6'2" 180 lbs
Vaughn: 6'1" 190 lbs

It isn't like Vaughn is a great defender, but he will be a huge upgrade over NVE or Beno against guys like Terry.

Anyone would be a huge upgrade over NVE

Solid D
03-30-2007, 11:39 PM
BUMP -

Thread from last July when JV was just signed by the Spurs.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2007, 11:42 PM
It's sad that we had so much faith that Beno would be the primary backup :lol

Anyway, I'm glad JV is doing well and I don't mind him in the backcourt with Parker in stretches.

Solid D
03-30-2007, 11:43 PM
:smokin

T Park
03-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Vaughn has been outstanding lately.

His play tonight with Tony in the backcourt against a good tandem in Fisher and Williams spoke volumes.

toosmallshoes
03-31-2007, 05:45 AM
Beno is a joke. He's picking up a paycheck. The only reason he's still a Spur is because nobody else wants him. Maybe the Spurs should just buy out his contract and re-sign Terry Cummings to play keyboards and baptize babies during timeouts. At that rate Terry'd still be on the court more than Beno. I wish I could play five decent basketball games per year so I could be rich too!!!