PDA

View Full Version : Iraq divided by 3??????

ShackO
07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Should the fighting continue and the Iraqi ppl decide it is in their self interest to divide the country up into three. A Shia, Sunni and Kurdish state….. Should they be allowed decide for themselves???

Sure they will have issues on the lines and oil and may have some skirmishes but that would be preferable to a civil war……???

boutons_
07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
the civil war in in full swing already. dubya/dickhead/rummy won't admit it, the Iraqis want the US invaders/occupiers out, so the US is not the party to arbitrate a cease fire and negotiations.

the current Iraqi govt is still-born, the whole project is an abortion, which must please USA social conservatives.

the kurds would be happy with their nothern oilfields, but probably would have a fight for them with the shiites and sunnis who are fighting themselves now anyway for country control.

MannyIsGod
07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Should the fighting continue and the Iraqi ppl decide it is in their self interest to divide the country up into three. A Shia, Sunni and Kurdish state….. Should they be allowed decide for themselves???

Sure they will have issues on the lines and oil and may have some skirmishes but that would be preferable to a civil war……???The fact that you even have to ask that makes me wonder...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
the civil war in in full swing already. dubya/dickhead/rummy won't admit it, the Iraqis want the US invaders/occupiers out, so the US is not the party to arbitrate a cease fire and negotiations.

the current Iraqi govt is still-born, the whole project is an abortion, which must please USA social conservatives.

the kurds would be happy with their nothern oilfields, but probably would have a fight for them with the shiites and sunnis who are fighting themselves now anyway for country control.

:lmao

ShackO
07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
The fact that you even have to ask that makes me wonder...
Makes you wonder what?????????

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Devide and conquer. :rolleyes

sabar
07-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Dividing just makes the fighting more organized. It's almost like your setting them up for a face-off.

cheguevara
07-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I can tell u right now 99% of Iraqis don't want their country divided. U don't have to ask them.

clambake
07-20-2006, 10:08 AM
99% huh? Share your mushrooms.

In the end, they will decide. The US will be religated to reccomendations.

cheguevara
07-20-2006, 10:11 AM
99% huh? Share your mushrooms.

In the end, they will decide. The US will be religated to reccomendations.

I would share if I had any :)

:lol if u truly think the US is only religated to ONLY recommendations, u are in fantasy land my friend.

clambake
07-20-2006, 10:17 AM
So you guess were there forever, flying home a 100 dead soldiers a month.

Tell us the story of Iraqs future. Please, that's my favorite story.

DarkReign
07-20-2006, 10:39 AM

American public loses stomach for dead soldiers (and Iraq in general) in less than a year.
New plan pulls troops at at accelerated rate until they reach a bare minimum.
Hell breaks loose.

I cant predict what "Hell" is specifically (civil war, invasion, general lunacy), but its going to be huge.

cheguevara
07-20-2006, 10:40 AM
So you guess were there forever, flying home a 100 dead soldiers a month.

Why don't u ask Mr. Bush. He's the one who got us and the Iraqis in this position.

boutons_
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM
There are already "campaigns of dispacement" that segregate neighborhood and villages that were mixed into Sunni-only and Shiite-only areas.

===========

July 20, 2006

Tens of Thousands Flee Iraq Strife, Report Says

By REUTERS

Filed at 9:37 a.m. ET

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of Iraqis have fled their homes as sectarian violence has turned ever more bitter since a U.S.-backed national unity government was formed two months ago, official data showed on Thursday.

Iraq's most powerful religious authority, Shi'ite Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, joined the United Nations and U.S. officials in raising the alarm over a spike in bloodshed and a form of ethnic cleansing he called ``campaigns of displacement.''

The U.S. military admitted violence in Baghdad was little changed despite a major clampdown and the city morgue said it had seen 1,000 bodies so far in July, a slight increase on June.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/world/international-iraq.html?ei=5094&en=b735d1fda9ba1d7a&hp=&ex=1153454400&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print

================

So June had 3000 Iraqi civilian deaths, and July is running at about the same rate, or about 35K - 40K Iraqi civilian deaths / year.

It's a full-blown civil, which will takes years if not decades to heal.

clambake
07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't know Boutons. Some guy told me that 99% of Iraqis live in harmony. Couldn't be those bodies found yesterday or the 38 bodies found today, or those 20 mosque employees that were kidnapped. He suggested I get my answers from Bush.

Do you suggest I look for answers from Pres. Bush?

cheguevara
07-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't know Boutons. Some guy told me that 99% of Iraqis live in harmony. Couldn't be those bodies found yesterday or the 38 bodies found today, or those 20 mosque employees that were kidnapped. He suggested I get my answers from Bush.

Do you suggest I look for answers from Pres. Bush?

:lol

I said 99% Iraqis would NOT like their country split up.

I recommend Reading Comprehension 101.

RandomGuy
07-20-2006, 02:11 PM

Sure they will have issues on the lines and oil and may have some skirmishes but that would be preferable to a civil war……???

I used to think that there was a good chance that the country could be held together, but given a lot of the recent shia/sunni violence, I would say that chance is getting smaller with each new mass killing.

These people hated each other before we showed up, and both the sunni and shia are likely getting some outside help from neighboring governments in their attempts to kill each other.

Then there are the tribal allegences that also play a role in the Iraqi on Iraqi violence. I am not intimate enough with those tribal factors to be able to say how much they DO factor in, but it is just one more complicating thing that the administration didn't plan for when it rushed in where angels feared to tread.

boutons_
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
"These people hated each other before we showed up"

That was not widespread or the dominant relation between the two sects. I remember reading about Shia/Sunni mixed marriages being common, and mixed neighborhoods and villages (the ones thar are now un-mixing).

It seems that dubya's dicking around in Iraq has caused serious detioration between Sunni and Shia.

clambake
07-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I'll take reading comprehension if you promise to take reality comprehension.

Deal?

cheguevara
07-20-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll take reading comprehension if you promise to take reality comprehension.

Deal?

what's so unreal about my view?

u are the one who beleives the US is purely recommending the Iraqi govmt. :rolleyes

clambake
07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I said WILL BE relegated to recommending. Down the road. In the future. Until even that is ignored.

This is not an unfamiliar path the US has traveled before. I don't think the US recommended that Saigon be changed to Ho Chi Minh City.

We have troops their now that can't stop the insurgent violence much less the civil faction violence that is sure to increase.

If 99% of Iraqis stood as one, problems would only be minimal.

01Snake
07-20-2006, 10:47 PM
"These people hated each other before we showed up"

That was not widespread or the dominant relation between the two sects. I remember reading about Shia/Sunni mixed marriages being common, and mixed neighborhoods and villages (the ones thar are now un-mixing).

It seems that dubya's dicking around in Iraq has caused serious detioration between Sunni and Shia.

So Iraq was in complete harmony before the US got there?

Do you live in SA? I'd love to meet you. You have to be the STUPIDEST person on Earth. I think I'd get a good chuckle meeting you.

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2006, 11:09 PM
As long as America controls the oil side, this could work

ShackO
07-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I used to think that there was a good chance that the country could be held together, but given a lot of the recent shia/sunni violence, I would say that chance is getting smaller with each new mass killing.

These people hated each other before we showed up, and both the sunni and shia are likely getting some outside help from neighboring governments in their attempts to kill each other.

Then there are the tribal allegences that also play a role in the Iraqi on Iraqi violence. I am not intimate enough with those tribal factors to be able to say how much they DO factor in, but it is just one more complicating thing that the administration didn't plan for when it rushed in where angels feared to tread.

It would not be what I prefer but I think it will lesson the violence…. The sectarian and ethnic fighting has been going on for over a thousand years………. There is nothing sacred about the lines in the sand the British drew up….. If the ppl there believe it is in their best interest they should be allowed to do it…..

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 10:46 PM
leaded, unleaded, premium