PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite UT-Aggie moment?

LaMarcus Bryant
07-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Mine is when Agggies lost to OU 77 to 0 and UT fans then laughed their asses off and proceeded to party on sixth street to get some hoochies.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-20-2006, 07:23 PM
http://sq-16.tamu.edu/kerlee/game99/helmet_small.jpg

Oscar DeLa
07-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't know what it is but I enjoyed the last SWC title game!

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 03:42 PM
game after the bonfire. that was my freshman year before i went out to finish school in California...my dorm was on duty that night...

mookie2001
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
^game when texas started this centurys streak, sims threw for like 250 yards in the 3rd q and everyones chode exploded about how good bj and roy were as freshman

ATX Spur
07-23-2006, 03:08 PM
favorite moment: how everyone at a&m seems to care so much about beating UT, when I spent about 6 seconds thinking about a&m in my entire time at UT

leemajors
07-23-2006, 03:13 PM
game after the bonfire. that was my freshman year before i went out to finish school in California...my dorm was on duty that night...

that game had some of the worst officiating i have ever seen in my life.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2006, 03:43 PM
So the original poster's favorite moment is a game that didn't even involve Texas? :lol Typical dumbass horn fan.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Lol

Ballcox
07-24-2006, 12:30 PM
2 games come to mind. The first is winning the last SWC championship at a&m, that was really sweet to beat them on their home field for the last ever SWC championship. It also represented a kind of turning point for the UT program, won our first Big XII championship not too long after that, Ricky did his thing and then Mack strolled into town and we're now on a 2-in-a-row Rose Bowl streak, it's been a pretty damn good 10 years since we won that game.

My second favorite is being at the game where Ricky broke the NCAA rushing record, wathcing him explode through that left side of the line, take off down the field and then drag the last couple a&m players into the end zone, great moment (although he did have some fumbles that almost cost us the game!). Hook'em!

reydawg
07-24-2006, 11:40 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060102/images/sp_bricky.jpg

Ballcox
07-25-2006, 10:18 AM
^ That's the run, NICE :fro

LaMarcus Bryant
07-26-2006, 06:07 PM
I also have to mention the blocked punt and defensive touchdown against the agggys in KYLE FIELD last season. Those white suited guys sure do get that crowd fired up, but it wasn't enough to keep our defense from owning them at KYLE FIELD.

Cancer man
07-31-2006, 05:55 AM
So it dose not matter about the aggies anymore they will never beat TEXAS In 1000000000000 years man so shut up about the damn past!

sghspurs
08-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I also have to mention the blocked punt and defensive touchdown against the agggys in KYLE FIELD last season. Those white suited guys sure do get that crowd fired up, but it wasn't enough to keep our defense from owning them at KYLE FIELD.

if anything texas' defense was exposed and it was their worst performance of the year on D.

johngateswhiteley
08-04-2006, 08:42 AM
if anything texas' defense was exposed and it was their worst performance of the year on D.

not just that, but i don't even give them any credit for it. A&M had such a stupid punt formation...thanks Fran!

degenerate_gambler
08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
not just that, but i don't even give them any credit for it. A&M had such a stupid punt formation...thanks Fran!

Of course you wouldnt give UT credit...but who the hell are you anyway?

When you've got athletes and great coaching as Texas does, you ring up stats like those metioned below, not to mention national championships.

Football 101: Texas block party

By Bob Davie
Special to ESPN.com
Archive

Editor's note: ESPN's Bob Davie hit the road this spring to check out some of the country's most innovative schemes and coaches. This free Insider preview is the first installment of his five-part spring tour.

Nothing changes the momentum of a football game like a blocked kick. That's why my first stop this spring is to the University of Texas to visit with coach Duane Akina and study how the Longhorns block punts.
In 2005, the Horns blocked nine kicks, including six punts, on the road to the national championship. Four of those punt blocks came against Oklahoma State and Texas A&M, teams that use the new shield punt protections. It's no coincidence that in Akina's five years at Texas, the Horns have blocked 43 kicks, the most in the nation over that time.

Akina, who is also the co-defensive coordinator, has done a great job creating a tradition at Texas. The punt return and block teams are called "the posse." Akina has created a culture in which the players think it's cool to be in this group, and he's done a variety of things to make it different.
1. Point system
Akina set up a point system similar to a hotel's reward system. Players receive points for blocked kicks, punt returns and great effort. They are members of the Silver, Gold or Platinum club based on their overall point production.
2. Use talented players
Akina uses the best players on special teams. It doesn't matter whether they primarily play offense or defense. Players such as Quentin Jammer, Roy Williams, Derrick Johnson and Nathan Vasher have all been members of the posse in the past, and look for RB Jamaal Charles to be on the team this fall.
3. Attack philosophy
The basic philosophy is to pressure the punter and come after every kick. Opponents must protect first, and this often leads to punt return opportunities when Texas has the return called. The Horns finished sixth in the country in punt returns in 2005 (15.6 yards per return). Everything they do looks like a punt block, and there's an illusion that Texas will try to block the kick.
4. Simple system
By having a simple system, Texas plays fast and the players have great confidence in the scheme.
Shield Punt Protection

Many teams across the country have gone to shield punt protection. This is a punt protection in which three deep punt protectors are lined up in front of the punter to create a shield. Because of this shield, the punt team takes big splits up front between the frontline players, who do not drop set or vertical set to get depth (3 yards) off the line of scrimmage like conventional punt teams. This allows the front wall to immediately get into coverage. Protection is the responsibility of the shield, which has limited punt coverage responsibility.

Shield punt protection

As with any new trend, teams catch up with it, and the shield punt protection is now being attacked. Texas blocked three punts against Oklahoma State and one against Texas A&M last year. Akina came up with some unique ideas to attack the protection.
1. Change personnel
Because shield punt protection leaves a lot of space inside with big splits between linemen, teams come after it right up the middle. To put pressure on the shield, Texas would insert 315-pound offensive guard Kasey Studdard, 325-pound DT Frank Okam and 280-pound DT Derek Lokey in the game. Other teams use smaller linebackers and defensive backs on punt teams, but not Texas.
2. Assault the shield
Akina came up with a simple philosophy of attacking the shield and driving it back into the punter. He made it a challenge to intimidate the shield protectors and held tryouts to see which Longhorns players could be the most aggressive.

Inside punt block

3. Flexibility
When Texas A&M changed its shield protection and blocked down on the four inside rushers against Texas in 2005, the Longhorns came with an all-out punt block. Michael Griffin beat the end and blocked the punt from the outside.
Outside punt block

Summary Give Texas and Akina a lot of credit for changing personnel and coming up with a plan to attack the new shield punt protection. It may seem that our first stop this spring involves special teams, but nothing can change the outcome of a game or a season like a blocked kick. It was a big part of why Texas won the national championship last season.

Holmes_Fans
08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
favorite moment: how everyone at a&m seems to care so much about beating UT, when I spent about 6 seconds thinking about a&m in my entire time at UT
That's how it is, to aggy fans it's the end of the world when they beat us in football. To Texas fan's the only reason they want to win is because for once it's a W, and second they don't want to hear the aggys acting like they are on a 10 year win streak

UT-OU is a bigger rivalry then UT-A&M

Holmes_Fans
08-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Uhm, how does the defense playing horribly make it so they were exposed? I guess teams will look at that game film and make their gameplans off that for this season.

degenerate_gambler
08-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Uhm, how does the defense playing horribly make it so they were exposed? I guess teams will look at that game film and make their gameplans off that for this season.

talking out of his ass...

ask mcgee if they were exposed after getting his dick knocked into the dirt more than once.

sghspurs
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM

ok so exposed was a bad word choice. my fault

sghspurs
08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
talking out of his ass...

ask mcgee if they were exposed after getting his dick knocked into the dirt more than once.

i think he scored 1 or 2 plays after getting his dick knocked in the dirt. but ya'll won the game and NC so congrats on that.

Mr Dio
08-04-2006, 03:22 PM

You could've done better? :lol

Why would you give UT credit, you think & speak with your heart & not with your head.
Oh wait!!! Is your heart ag or Trojan? I know real Trojan fans & you don't seem like one at all.

You seem to flip flop so much we're confused if you do have or ever have had a team that you've rooted for from the heart. :lol

Holmes_Fans
08-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Pretty soon he is gonna start using 't-sip' as an insult.

reydawg
08-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Well back to this thread's topic...

Besides Ricky's Run in '98, my 2nd favorite moment was halftime of '99, when the Texas band played Amazing Grace in honor of the bonfire victims.

Anybody who was in Kyle Field that day remembers the entire crowd going silent. When the Horn band stopped playing, all you could hear were the flags blowing. Still gives me chills thinking about it.

johngateswhiteley
08-08-2006, 12:37 AM
That's how it is, to aggy fans it's the end of the world when they beat us in football. To Texas fan's the only reason they want to win is because for once it's a W, and second they don't want to hear the aggys acting like they are on a 10 year win streak

UT-OU is a bigger rivalry then UT-A&M

...twas not that long ago when A&M was dominating t.u., enjoy it while it lasts. cause A&M is going to march into austin and beat you on your own field this year. what is the last 50...like 25-25? the last 50 for OU and t.u. is probably in favor of OU, does someone know for sure?

btw, the ou/t.u. rivalry is weak in comparison....all REAL rivalries are played at the end of the season.

sghspurs
08-08-2006, 02:20 AM
Well back to this thread's topic...

Besides Ricky's Run in '98, my 2nd favorite moment was halftime of '99, when the Texas band played Amazing Grace in honor of the bonfire victims.

Anybody who was in Kyle Field that day remembers the entire crowd going silent. When the Horn band stopped playing, all you could hear were the flags blowing. Still gives me chills thinking about it.

that was a great moment. i was there and and there wasn't a dry eye in the stadium.

johngateswhiteley
08-08-2006, 02:44 AM
that was a great moment. i was there and and there wasn't a dry eye in the stadium.

...as i said that was my freshman year and my girlfriend and i were at the game. probably my greatest CFB day ahead of the 1998 big 12 championship and the wins over #1 OU and #1 Nebraska @ Kyle Field recently. (for Aggie Moments that is)

reydawg
08-08-2006, 10:13 AM
what is the last 50...like 25-25? the last 50 for OU and t.u. is probably in favor of OU, does someone know for sure?

Actually, I know for sure.
Last 50: Texas 32, Texas A&M 18.....Texas 26, Oklahoma 21, Tie 3

I'm not sure what your argument is, but if you're saying that UT-A&M is nearly as competitive than UT-OU, that's not true based on your arbitrary 50 year window.

If you want to prove how close UT-A&M has been, that 50 game window is too long. Ranges more in favor of this argument are 20 games (10-10), 25 games (13-12 in favor of UT), and 30 games (15-15). Ranges longer than that start to get a bit more lopsided in favor of UT. Of course, the recent history has been skewed towards UT as well.

all REAL rivalries are played at the end of the season.

I have to disagree with this statement. Just off the top of my head, I think big rivalries like Florida-Georgia and Florida State-Miami are played mid-season. And isn't your own Southern Cal-Notre Dame game typically played some time other than the last week of the year?

I don't think there's any doubt among UT faithful that the OU rivalry has been bigger than the A&M one over the last few years. That's entirely due to OU's strength on the field during that period. Imagine the tables turned. That is, imagine A&M was a perennial top-5 team and had played in 3 BCS title games since 2000....no doubt the A&M game would be much more important to Orangebloods than OU.

Of course, UT-OU also has the neutral field going for it (at least for now), which intensifies that game more than a home-and-home, IMO.

johngateswhiteley
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Actually, I know for sure.
Last 50: Texas 32, Texas A&M 18.....Texas 26, Oklahoma 21, Tie 3

I'm not sure what your argument is, but if you're saying that UT-A&M is nearly as competitive than UT-OU, that's not true based on your arbitrary 50 year window.

If you want to prove how close UT-A&M has been, that 50 game window is too long. Ranges more in favor of this argument are 20 games (10-10), 25 games (13-12 in favor of UT), and 30 games (15-15). Ranges longer than that start to get a bit more lopsided in favor of UT. Of course, the recent history has been skewed towards UT as well.

I have to disagree with this statement. Just off the top of my head, I think big rivalries like Florida-Georgia and Florida State-Miami are played mid-season. And isn't your own Southern Cal-Notre Dame game typically played some time other than the last week of the year?

I don't think there's any doubt among UT faithful that the OU rivalry has been bigger than the A&M one over the last few years. That's entirely due to OU's strength on the field during that period. Imagine the tables turned. That is, imagine A&M was a perennial top-5 team and had played in 3 BCS title games since 2000....no doubt the A&M game would be much more important to Orangebloods than OU.

Of course, UT-OU also has the neutral field going for it (at least for now), which intensifies that game more than a home-and-home, IMO.

1. good call, i saw that 50 year thing in an article....wow, how wrong was that. my bad. however, t.u. won so many games back in the day...even way back when we did not even field a football team and would just play t.u. at the end...kind of funny i gess

2. notre dame is a rival, but UCLA is our biggest rivals...and therefore at the end of the year. Florida plays Miami earlier b.c they play Florida State at the end. Georgia obviously plays Georgia Tech at the end of their year. And Auburn plays Alabama at the end of the year as well....see a theme? and its even called rivalry week normally. now there can be rivalries earlier on in the season but the biggest is always at the end of the year.

3. there is a difference between a rival who is currently better than your main rival, but in the scope of CFB...A&M and t.u. are each others biggest rival

4. i think the neutral field lessens the intensity. can you imagine ou coming into austin? and t.u. going into norman? i have never like the neutral field and i don't know why they do it....its stupid

Holmes_Fans
08-08-2006, 05:20 PM
A&M is in no way Texas' biggest football rival. The only reason Texas wants to beat a&m is because for one its a W, and they don't want to hear the aggys make a big deal out of beating texas since that is there #1 goal for the entire season.

RRS > A&M game

mookie2001
08-08-2006, 09:48 PM
modern day texas rivals
football aside

people hate oklahoma, like to the point where a fight might occour without being drunk or bringing up politics the- state sucks and they rely on the state of texas for their recruiting

they cheat SIGNIFICANTLY more than the avg team, they are known for cheating

i dont know about yall but in south texas and even austin, i dont know any sooners

anyone have the SI where they call them terrorists? ROFL

and

bob stoopes

in comparison college station tx is in texas
we all know a shitload of aggys, i even have a more aggy friends than longhorns

many of us have aggy in their OWN FAMILIES!, with which we have watched the game with for many years (the games used to be on thanksgiving day)

they have hardcore fans too, you have to give them that too, better fans than powerhouse football schools

college station isnt so shitty besides the aggys and the bush stckers, you can drink your own liquor inside a fucking bar!, incredible, and a place known as "laynes", reigns from upon with chicken strips

i have never been to norman oklahoma, has anyone besides scott ever been?

-divine mathematics

degenerate_gambler
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM
they cheat SIGNIFICANTLY more than the avg team, they are known for cheating

A little graph to help illustrate my orange blooded friends point..

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dgnerate_gamblr/OU.jpg

samikeyp
08-09-2006, 10:52 AM

even as a Longhorn fan...I was ok with that loss. After what A&M went through...the game seemed not as important. Props also for UT for their tribute to the fallen Ags before that game.

I liked with Ricky Williams went nuts in his final game against A&M

It wasn't a UT game but the Red White and Blue tribute after 9/11 at Kyle Field was awesome.

johngateswhiteley
08-10-2006, 04:53 AM
It wasn't a UT game but the Red White and Blue tribute after 9/11 at Kyle Field was awesome.

...yes it was, i was already in california, but my parents and sister were there. they said it was incredible.

samikeyp
08-10-2006, 06:44 AM
i have never been to norman oklahoma, has anyone besides scott ever been?

I have....College Station kicks its ass.

One of my best friends is a Sooner, one day a year we don't talk. :)

degenerate_gambler
08-10-2006, 09:28 AM
4. i think the neutral field lessens the intensity. can you imagine ou coming into austin? and t.u. going into norman? i have never like the neutral field and i don't know why they do it....its stupid

It's a good thing you don't get paid to think.

Until you've been to the Cotton Bowl on the second Sat. of Oct. with the State Fair as a backdrop, taken a roadie up I-35 to Dallas on the Fri. afternoon preceding the game, traded insults with grandmothers wearing crimson red walking through the fair or even gone barhopping in downtown Dallas the nite before, you don't get it and you never will.

It's absolutely electric walking into the stadium and seeing exactly half of it colored burnt orange, the other half crimson red and hearing the place get louder and louder as the game gets closer. Both teams enter the field through the same tunnel which has lead to many near brawls that spill out onto the field, inciting the crowd even more. With each play there is a roar from either side.

After the game, you're either on top of the world and talking shit about blowU and everything associated with them while walking out of the Cotton Bowl, or you're totally pissed and absolutely DREADING the long walk back to your car because you have to listen to soonerfan run their smack at you the whole way.

There's no other game like it for my money but you're entitled to your opinion.

johngateswhiteley
08-10-2006, 09:57 AM
It's a good thing you don't get paid to think.

Until you've been to the Cotton Bowl on the second Sat. of Oct. with the State Fair as a backdrop, taken a roadie up I-35 to Dallas on the Fri. afternoon preceding the game, traded insults with grandmothers wearing crimson red walking through the fair or even gone barhopping in downtown Dallas the nite before, you don't get it and you never will.

It's absolutely electric walking into the stadium and seeing exactly half of it colored burnt orange, the other half crimson red and hearing the place get louder and louder as the game gets closer. Both teams enter the field through the same tunnel which has lead to many near brawls that spill out onto the field, inciting the crowd even more. With each play there is a roar from either side.

After the game, you're either on top of the world and talking shit about blowU and everything associated with them while walking out of the Cotton Bowl, or you're totally pissed and absolutely DREADING the long walk back to your car because you have to listen to soonerfan run their smack at you the whole way.

There's no other game like it for my money but you're entitled to your opinion.

...its a good thing you don't get paid to post.

imo, there is nothing better than a home and home. the team and fans coming into a hostile environment...there is nothing better than that. the visiting team having to battle the entire stadium as well as the home team. every great rivalry is a home and home.

leemajors
08-10-2006, 10:03 AM
...its a good thing you don't get paid to post.

imo, there is nothing better than a home and home. the team and fans coming into a hostile environment...there is nothing better than that. the visiting team having to battle the entire stadium as well as the home team. every great rivalry is a home and home.

i would rather not have a bunch of okies in austin for a couple days, it's bad enough when the ttech fans come. i guess they don't know what to do being in a town where you can buy alcohol in city limits. okies may be even worse, the beer up there cannot have more than 2.5% alcohol...

degenerate_gambler
08-10-2006, 10:24 AM
imo, there is nothing better than a home and home. the team and fans coming into a hostile environment......every great rivalry is a home and home.

I'll give it ya, kid....you sure have a keen grasp of the obvious. That statement is pure brilliance!!

I may be wrong, but I believe that's the way it is week in and week out in football, son. Unfortunately, Texas/OU weekend is where you are completely in the dark and clueless and any opinion you have regarding that game means shit to me. Hey, maybe Southern Cal could start playing Arizona in Lake Havasu every year and then you'd be able to contribute something a tad more in depth to the discussion as opposed to "gee, i think home and home rivalries are really swell."

MissAllThat
08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
2004 Texas-Texas A&M Game. One of the hellraisers had dressed up as the Baylor Bear and was dancing and yelling at all the aggies nearby. My friend noticed this and started laughing and then I heard an Aggie say "stupid Longhorns, don't they know they're not playing Baylor this week?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA funniest thing ever. He was seriously confused, and my friend and I almost fell off the stands from laughing sooo much.