PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance

SequSpur
07-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey Beaners.......

I am thinking of switching from State Farm to Geico, because the rates are just to good to pass up.

The only thing that I am worried about is the bullshit companies do to get you to come over and than 6 months down the road they hike that shit up higher than what you were paying before.......

So my question to you is:

What insurance do you have and have you ever switched to Geico? etc?

Gatita
07-20-2006, 12:30 AM
We have State Farm and Farm Bureau.

My sweetie has it good with State Farm. He recently had hail damage and only paid a $50 deductible to get his wind shield replaced, dents repaired, and 95% of the car repainted. It looks like new. I am switching to his insurance this Friday. Cool part was they cut him a check in his name before he even took it to the body shop.

SpursWoman
07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
I got cheaper rates than Geico with Progressive ... on their website (Progressive's), they'll give you quotes for about 4 to compare prices.

And Progressive's service is really, really good. :tu

Das Texan
07-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Progressive is trying to piss me off by raising my fucking rates every god damn 6 months and every time by a larger margin.

SpursWoman
07-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I've had them for a few years and mine has only gone up once, by very little.

Get lots of tickets? :lol

PeterBurns
07-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey Beaners.......

I am thinking of switching from State Farm to Geico, because the rates are just to good to pass up.

The only thing that I am worried about is the bullshit companies do to get you to come over and than 6 months down the road they hike that shit up higher than what you were paying before.......

So my question to you is:

What insurance do you have and have you ever switched to Geico? etc?

Sequ,

My college teammate works for Insurance One. They are an independent agency here in town. They are licensed to sell GEICO, Progressive...etc.
Let me know and I can put you in touch with him.

We had State Farm, but Stacie is a little heavy on the petal, and they dropped her. We got quotes from a bunch of places and Insurance One got us a hell of a deal.

CubanMustGo
07-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Geico is great until you actually have to file a claim, then look out. Heaven help you if it turns out to be your fault.

The wife and I have USAA. Not an option for everyone but great service and rates.

pache100
07-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Geico is great until you actually have to file a claim, then look out. Heaven help you if it turns out to be your fault.

The wife and I have USAA. Not an option for everyone but great service and rates.

I had Geico for years and years. Then, I had an accident and after they paid off, they cancelled my policy (this was back in the late 80s; I guess they didn't really "cancel" but declined to renew when it was time). I had another insurance company for a couple of years and got something in the mail from Geico asking me to come back. It was a little cheaper than what I was paying (but not much), so I went back and stayed with them for a couple of years. Then, my payment check got lost in the mail once and was a couple of days late. They cancelled me again with no warning. I've had State Farm for about 6 years now, and no problems or complaints. My broker is John Mooring in UC and I like that, it's very convenient...I can just run by there and pay, even on the last day, and don't have to worry about mailing a check.

I LOVE the "Geico gecko", though!

CharlieMac
07-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Ive had State Farm for 10 years and never had a problem with them. The rates are pretty low and I had no problems when I totalled my Malibu a few years ago.

SequSpur
07-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Sequ,

My college teammate works for Insurance One. They are an independent agency here in town. They are licensed to sell GEICO, Progressive...etc.
Let me know and I can put you in touch with him.

We had State Farm, but Stacie is a little heavy on the petal, and they dropped her. We got quotes from a bunch of places and Insurance One got us a hell of a deal.

Cool, shoot me his number and I'll call them tomorrow.

gay abc
07-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Nationwide here - rates have actually gone down over the years - even had a property loss claim last year of almost $10k - and they RENEWED my policy :wow

2centsworth
07-20-2006, 08:24 PM
USAA is you qualify. Farmers if you want a company that lays down for you when you file a claim.

KEDA
07-20-2006, 10:43 PM
I have been a happy customer of Farmers for about 7 years now.

Quadzilla99
07-21-2006, 01:31 PM
All I can say is don't get Esurance I had all kinds of problems with them.

2Blonde
07-21-2006, 03:05 PM
We had USAA for years then my husband had a couple of tickets ( one for running a stop sign & one speeding) and they just about tripled our rate. WTF? So we checked around and GEICO gave us a pretty good deal. We stayed with them for a couple of years and got good service. When my car got hit by someone they were great about helping me track down the other person's insurance and offered to get me started with the repairs and rental right away if I didn't want to wait until we could get all the info we needed. I chose to wait because I didn't want to pay the deductible since the accident wasn't my fault, but they were very helpful just the same and followed up on everything. We just went back to USAA though because they came back with the really low rate again since it's been so long since my husband's tickets.

CubanMustGo
07-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, that's the prob w/USAA - they pretty much expect you to be a perfect driver. I had my first at-fault accident ever (driving 30 years), $5K damage to the car, no injuries or other property damage, and man did they jack my rates up. Still, the service they have provided has always been exceptional, they have gone to bat against people who have run into my wife and gotten the dedictibles back via subrogation so I figure we are still doing ok.

Keeping my fingers crossed that November comes and goes with no further incidents so that stupid wreck will fall off the record at last.