PDA

View Full Version : Nice Try Rasho

timvp
10-20-2004, 03:19 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/BKN_spurs5_nesterovic_kmh_1020.jpg

For those not at the game, Stoudemire threw down a wicked dunk on Rasho. To be fair, Rasho played a very good game. He seems to have *gasp* found his aggressiveness over the summer. He isn't afraid to shoot or go for blocks (as evident by this picture).

Hopefully he continues to play like he is playing right now.

T Park
10-20-2004, 03:32 AM
Dont let Marcus know.

That will sure upset his day.

I think if we look back a year at this time, a certain writer said we wouldn't see the results of Rasho's work with this coaching staff till 04 05.

Damn, now what writer said that..........

Slomo
10-20-2004, 03:39 AM
A writer saying nice things about Rasho AND the coaches? It can only be Sequ http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gif Oh no wait, my bad, Sequ would have also mentioned RC!

BronxCowboy
10-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Glad he's getting more aggressive. In other news, there's no way dude is 270#. That had to be a typo in the media guide.

Rick Von Braun
10-20-2004, 07:02 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/BKN_spurs5_nesterovic_kmh_1020.jpg

For those not at the game, Stoudemire threw down a wicked dunk on Rasho. This picture is hanging in the bedroom of several young Suns' fans. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif

This is high quality poster material! http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiafro.gif

fonzy16
10-20-2004, 07:30 AM
:hat but... did the ball actually went through the rim? i would say this one bounced out.

sickdsm
10-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Damn. Look at the deflection of the ball where it hit the rim, unlessthat ball was seriously flat he reallly threw that one down.

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 08:12 AM
So Radosoft got dunked on but he made it a little harder for the opponent.

Useruser666
10-20-2004, 09:48 AM
I will pretend Rasho was going up with a reverse layup and Amare was late with the block.

boutons
10-20-2004, 10:08 AM
"He seems to have *gasp* found his aggressiveness over the summer"

He did a very serviceable job last year, his first with the Spurs.

More comfortable in his second season with the Spurs, Rasho's solid work in these 2 games, I'm predicting, will be typical for the season. Interacting with, rather than deferring to, Tim, becoming Twin Towers II, more aggressive, more movement, better scoring/rebounds, while generally being a pain in the ass in the Spurs' paint and thereabouts.

Go Rasho. You can be a Difference Maker.

Sportcamper
10-20-2004, 10:31 AM
For those of you that missed it...Texas’s favorite son..."Chris Mihm"...kicked Brad Millers butt last night...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041020/capt.cagk10210200340.kings_lakers_cagk102.jpg

SLOVENIAN 8
10-20-2004, 11:05 AM
But Miller play just 14 minutes!

http://www.nba.com/games/20041019/SACLAL/boxscore.html

Slovenian Sasha Vujacic is playing very good at preseason!

boutons
10-20-2004, 11:33 AM
" Texas’s favorite son..."Chris Mihm" "

yep, that didn't look like any Chris Mihm I've ever seen. Very impressive upgrade. Season will tell if the upgrade holds and spurts.

2pac
10-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Texas' favorite son is from MIlwaukee, Wisconsin and is one of the bigger lottery busts in the last few years?

alamo50
10-20-2004, 12:54 PM
The Suns' Amare Stoudemire (left) unsuccessfully tries to dunk over the Spurs' Rasho Nesterovic during Tuesday's preseason game at the SBC Center

ChumpDumper
10-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Did I see the shot chart right?

Two dunks?

Hopefully he'll continue looking for and making his shots.

timvp
10-20-2004, 01:59 PM
The Suns' Amare Stoudemire (left) unsuccessfully tries to dunk over the Spurs' Rasho Nesterovic during Tuesday's preseason game at the SBC Center

No, Rasho got dunked on hardcore. Ask anyone who was there.

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Even if it was an 'unsuccessful' dunk, Stoudemire still backed his ass down and got to the rim. Some difference.

Kori Ellis
10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
MB -- get off Rasho's ass. You didn't see him last night. He's 10 times more aggressive than he has been in his life. Your harping is getting to the point of psychosis.

timvp
10-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Did I see the shot chart right?

Two dunks?

Hopefully he'll continue looking for and making his shots.

I only remember one dunk ... and that one was wide open after a nice pass from Parker.

A funny sequence was when Rasho got blocked by Amare, then Amare dunked on him and then Rasho got the ball on the other end and went up strong but finished with that two foot flip layup thing that he does ... and it went in.

Kori Ellis
10-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I don't really care that Rasho got dunked on by Amare. About 90 percent of Amare's shots were dunks last night, so it wasn't just Rasho getting dunked on. It was Rasho, Duncan, Malik, Massenburg, etc. But the one dunk on Rasho was definitely poster-quality because Amare was so far from the basket when he took off.

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Radosoft's earned it. When he decides to show up sometime other than in the preseason or training camp let me know.

timvp
10-20-2004, 02:09 PM
If Rasho keeps playing this aggressive, then he'll be an plus for the team. Last season, the best you could say about Rasho is he didn't suck.

The Spurs need more.

T Park
10-20-2004, 02:21 PM
o it wasn't just Rasho getting dunked on. It was Rasho, Duncan, Malik

MALIK GOT DUNKED ON!!!

I thought Malik was the greatest defender EVER.

SAY IT ISNT SO!! What Cryant, did Malik have sand in his eye? Did the lights distract him?

DId he smell a tasty cake and turned around??

Im sure theres an excuse for why he he got dunked on, cause, he doesnt, and Rasho gets it all the TIME!!

Of course once again, Marcus spouting off without having seen the game.

Kori, your wasting your breath with his childish "I HATE RASHO" banter.

timvp
10-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Um ... Malik blocked Amare twice in the first quarter.

exstatic
10-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Your harping is getting to the point of psychosis.

Say it ain't so....

T Park
10-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Thats not the point.

Im saying, Rasho couldve blocked him twice, Malik would block him twice, and all we would hear is how great Malik is, and How Rasho got schooled.

Del Fuego last night on the radio commented on the good D by the Spurs including both Rasho and Malik. He also expected that Rasho would start to show the fruits of the coaches labor over the past couple years.

Wich I know will break Marcus's heart when Rasho improves.

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Stay Puff,

Radosoft was dunked on twice by the same man who was blocked by Rose twice.

I will be happy when Radosoft plays like a 7'0" 270 lbs big. We aren't there yet.

alamo50
10-20-2004, 04:14 PM
No, Rasho got dunked on hardcore. Ask anyone who was there.

That wasn't that pictured sequence though.
It is the heading from the SA Express News.

Kori Ellis
10-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Maybe MySA captioned it wrong. Because I'm 99.9 percent sure that picture is the one that Rasho got majorly dunked on.

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Rasho tasted leather last night....and I'm pretty sure that was the incident, too.

Spurbanana
10-21-2004, 12:05 AM
I remember Rasho had a dunk himself...and managed to stop someone from dunking on him. I was very proud of him. So what if he got dunked on? Maybe he's still getting the kinks out. We can't expect him to a) become Drob and b) do it in one night.

T Park
10-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Once again, you using too much sense Spurbanana

xcoriate
10-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah cause DRob never got dunked on.....neither has Shaq, Wilt, Hakeem

fonzy16
10-21-2004, 06:17 AM
That ball did not go through. Look at the ball. Anybody who dunked a ball in his life knows this one would bounce out. 99% sure.
It was a foul though.

Man In Black
10-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Name one Center Marcus that would A) Give you the position D & rebounds & blocks that was a FA the year David retired that would've done better & B)that would've fulfilled the Spurs need for fiscal responsibility.

YOU CAN'T and You know you can't-so you're whining like diarrhea. Enough already, SUCKMYWOKANDI was not a good choice and Miller was too expensive. But hey since they both brood better, then they must be better right?

Hey Rasho...get a mean tattoo so MB will move you up in status.

I miss the MIB smiley :fro

T Park
10-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Right on MIB.

You also make way too much sense.

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Name one Center Marcus that would A) Give you the position D & rebounds & blocks that was a FA the year David retired that would've done better & B)that would've fulfilled the Spurs need for fiscal responsibility.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/artis_gilmore.jpg

YOU CAN'T and You know you can't-

Doesn't matter. The point is that he has not played aggressively in the paint. Just because he might have not been the worst available doesn't make him immune from criticism. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

What did Pop say he hoped Radosoft would find last summer?

Thank you.

so you're whining like diarrhea. Enough already, SUCKMYWOKANDI was not a good choice and Miller was too expensive. But hey since they both brood better, then they must be better right?

It's not about show. Radosoft clearly does not assert himself physically in the paint and that has nothing to do with hairstyle, headbands, vocality, body art, or referring to himself in the 3rd person.

You're right I am going to continue to point out how weak the fucker plays in the paint. If Radosoft doesn't draw some attention away from TD down low then this team is not going to get it done this season. The only way he does that is by finding his inner wildebeast or whatever.

Whether or not he was the best available center in 2003 is irrelevant when it comes to his subpar play.

ducks
10-21-2004, 03:08 PM
atleast he keeps trying unlike rose
which has said he has publically admitted!

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Radosoft isn't fit to sniff Rose's jock. Remind me of when Radosoft has ever stepped it up in the postseason.

He's a friggin stiff with a Slavic name.

Nikos
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Out of curiosity, what makes you think Rasho is all of a sudden going to become tough and assertive on offense? He routinely is one of the worst centers at getting to the FT line, and he is mostly a jump shooter, who can poss, and has some scoring ability that seems to be more prevelant when Duncan isn't around.

Or are you basically implying the Spurs won't get it done if Rose doesn't play and/or Rasho doesn't get 'tougher'?

ducks
10-21-2004, 03:22 PM
duncan and spurs coaches are greater then wolves and wolves coaches

ducks
10-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Radosoft isn't fit to sniff Rose's jock. Remind me of when Radosoft has ever stepped it up in the postseason.

He's a friggin stiff with a Slavic name.

you do realize nobody will replace david right?

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2004, 03:26 PM
That's irrelevant. It's not about being DRob. It's about Radosoft improving on his major weakness which is his interior play. Since you think so highly of Pop and the rest of the coaching staff then you should recognize that Pop pointed this out at the end of last season.

ducks
10-21-2004, 03:27 PM
rose has not improved his turnovers from last year
when he improves maybe rasho will

T Park
10-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Once again, he ignores Rose's admittance to sabatoge.

Spin Spin Spin.........

bigzak25
10-21-2004, 04:15 PM
i think we all understand Rasho's deficiencies and his need to let them hang low when in the post.....but no need to be all ghost about it MB. malik will get his chance...he better make the most of it.

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2004, 04:26 PM
So Rose got pissed after the Spurs decided to run him out of town because of his contract. I'd rather see a player who wanted to play hard than a player who was afraid he'd hurt his vagina.

T Park
10-21-2004, 05:15 PM
oh please.

He got pissed because Pop benched him for not playing right.

Your the only one that believes that fallacy Fox Mulder.

SequSpur
10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
MIB has no clue.

Since Rasho was the only center in the world available, lets lock him up for 7 years. Nice Take.

Rasho blows man.

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Stay Puff,

Hush. The adults are talking basketball.

T Park
10-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Thats it.

As usual, nothing constructive.

And to think, you use to be a constructive poster at one time.

SequSpur
10-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Is tpark saying that Rasho was a stellar pickup? Bro, anyone that is 7 foot and can wear sneakers is better than Rasho.

BronxCowboy
10-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Is tpark saying that Rasho was a stellar pickup? Bro, anyone that is 7 foot and can wear sneakers is better than Rasho.

Not saying that Rasho hasn't earned some criticism, but come on, dude, even Marcus Bryant admits there are 7 footers worse than Rasho. Wake up or shut up.

Mark in Austin
10-21-2004, 07:50 PM
The pics I've seen of Rasho so far this preseason look as if he's lost muscle mass, not added to it.

Defending Rasho by comparing him to Rose is w e a k. He doesn't need to be DROB or play with Garnett's intensity, but goddamn it, he needs to assert himself more than he's doing right now.

The argument of "well the Spurs knew what they were getting when they signed him." is lame. It's called improvement. Most players can do it if they work hard enough. Rasho is no exception.

E20
10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Rasho is damn diddly do dad tight. :fro :smokin

timvp
10-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Again tonight against the Sixers, Rasho was a lot more aggressive. He's looking for his shot and taking it with confidence. He even had another dunk tonight.

So far, so good. He needs to keep up this level of play ... plus start rebounding the ball better and blocking more shots.

The Spurs need him to succeed.

TMTTRIO
10-22-2004, 12:34 AM
He really has looked a lot more confident this year and is making the shots that he so often missed last year. I just hope he can keep this up consistently this year. I still think he needs to dunk the ball more.

timvp
10-22-2004, 01:05 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/BKN_spurs7_nesterovic_eo_1022.jpg

He even looks tougher.

:smokin

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 07:17 AM
But he has no tattoo tribute to his bitch TPark on him in that pic. Still soft.

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 10:55 AM
http://www.marca.com/ficheros/marca/fotos03/Baloncesto/nesterovic_eslovenia.jpg

Over the summer Radosoft added a 'dunking while grabbing the nutsack' move to his repertoire.

BronxCowboy
10-22-2004, 12:00 PM
http://www.marca.com/ficheros/marca/fotos03/Baloncesto/nesterovic_eslovenia.jpg

Over the summer Radosoft added a 'dunking while grabbing the nutsack' move to his repretoire.

:lmao
Good stuff.

T Park
10-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Malik has added a I (heart) Marcus Cryant tatoo on his ass, in the rumors from the locker room.

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Awww, is Stay Puff mad?

So have you and Radosoft set a date?

T Park
10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
please, your diatribe couldnt get me mad if you tried.

Wondering when you and Malik's next circle jerk is though, Im thinking Ghost and Jamal Crawford would like to join.

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 02:28 PM
That wasn't a "diatribe" it was a rejoinder.