PDA

View Full Version : offseason question

djohn14
07-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I know we have Butler,J.V,and maybe Elson and Robertus signed for the season.Who else did we sign,I think he was New Zeland or something?He might be on our summer league roster.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I know we have Butler,J.V,and maybe Elson and Robertus signed for the season.Who else did we sign,I think he was New Zeland or something?He might be on our summer league roster.

Robertas isn't signed or coming, he's staying overseas.

I assume you are talking about Rich Melzer, who is American but played in NZ. He's on the summer league roster and has a partially guaranteed contract for next year.

djohn14
07-20-2006, 09:30 AM
It was Rich,thanks.

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Are the Spurs really serious in targeting and acquiring that "Derrick McKey, SF-type" that Pop spoke about? If so, any ideas as to which FA SF they're hot on?

Drive Like Jehu
07-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Are the Spurs really serious in targeting and acquiring that "Derrick McKey, SF-type" that Pop spoke about? If so, any ideas as to which FA SF they're hot on?

Melzer matches the long SF body type.

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Melzer matches the long SF body type.

Hmmmm. Don't know much about him. Anyone know how he stacks up against Qyntel Woods or Trevor Ariza?

CubanMustGo
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Hmmmm. Don't know much about him [Melzer]. Anyone know how he stacks up against Qyntel Woods or Trevor Ariza?

Well, he played Division III ball and was playing in a scrub NZ league. I wouldn't expect much.

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, he played Division III ball and was playing in a scrub NZ league. I wouldn't expect much.

I was afraid of that - which is why I'd rather see the Spurs go after young, developing NBA talent like Woods or Ariza, both of whom have some years under their belt.

spur219
07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I would try to target Ariza

strangeweather
07-20-2006, 12:24 PM
I was afraid of that - which is why I'd rather see the Spurs go after young, developing NBA talent like Woods or Ariza, both of whom have some years under their belt.
It would be fantastic to get one of those guys, and they would be a big step up. My suspicion (though I may be wrong) is that the Spurs are looking to spend the rest of their midlevel at center even if Denver matches Elson, which means the only way we land one of those guys is in a sign and trade.

Think of Melzer like Devin Brown's first year here -- he's going to be planted on the bench pretty firmly, but hopefully he'll be soaking things up and be ready to compete for minutes in a year.