PDA

View Full Version : i'm confused, shouldn't denver have already decided by now

td4mvp3
07-20-2006, 10:29 AM
ny was the only one with the extension, right?

Kori Ellis
07-20-2006, 10:31 AM
They both had until the end of today (Thursday). There were some things in the originally offers that needed clarification, so they were both delayed one day.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Denver is such a Mickey Mouse organization from top-to-bottom. Any team that invests that much money in Carmelo Anthony and the baggage that comes with his negative IQ deserves the years of mediocrity that lie ahead. Not to mention rewarding a totally unproven guy (Nene or whatever he calls himself now) that just missed nearly the entire season with a 60 million dollar deal....? Is Isiah running the Nuggets as well?

The Nuggets just spent 140 million on two overrated douchebags that have ZERO to speak of when it comes to success and the Spurs spent the same amount on Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. If that doesn't illustrate the glaring difference in direction and philosophy of these two teams, what does?

It all starts in the front office people- nobody that covers sports seems to remember that.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2006, 11:05 AM
kori up already? or you skip out on sleeping?

I am up already.

pache100
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Any team that invests that much money in Carmelo Anthony and the baggage that comes with his negative IQ deserves the years of mediocrity that lie ahead. Not to mention rewarding a totally unproven guy (Nene or whatever he calls himself now) that just missed nearly the entire season with a 60 million dollar deal....? Is Isiah running the Nuggets as well?

:lmao

CubanMustGo
07-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I posted this in the OTHER Elson thread ...

This morning's Rocky Mountain News speculates that the Nuggets are somewhat more likely to match the Spurs' offer:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4857309,00.html

Today also is the deadline for the Nuggets to match a two-year, $6 million offer sheet restricted free-agent center Francisco Elson has signed with San Antonio. And director of player personnel Mark Warkentien anticipates Nene will sign today.

"The lawyers are doing a very good job and the end is in sight," Warkentien said of the restricted free agent who agreed July 2 to a six-year, $60 million contract.

Warkentien said no decision has been made on Elson. There have been indications the Nuggets have become more prone to match because of [J. R.] Smith's economical contract.

"I love what Francisco brings, but it's a business," said Karl, who last week said it was unlikely Elson would return. "We're evaluating our options. It's 50-50."

With the deadline at midnight, Elson's agent, Calvin Andrews, doesn't expect to learn his client's fate until "the eleventh hour."

Instead of keeping Elson, the Nuggets could re-sign forward Reggie Evans, who wouldn't say when asked if he wants to return. Or they could look at an outside free agent big man, such as Keith Van Horn.

spur219
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Denver please match.

Solid D
07-20-2006, 11:20 AM
If only the Spurs had a little more $ (for Evans), they would have Denver in a great strategic position for a chess-move. If Denver matches on Elson, no $ room for Evans.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Keith Van Horn? :lol

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Keith Van Horn? :lol

I certainly hope you weren't mentioning him as a possible acquisition for the Spurs. :smokin

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I certainly hope you weren't mentioning him as a possible acquisition for the Spurs. :smokin

If I ever come to that point, suggesting him anything ohter than a 11th/12th man off the bench...please strip me of my Spurs fan collar.

I was :lol @ the article mentioning Denvers interest in him, in case they don't sign Elson.

SenorSpur
07-20-2006, 11:44 AM
If I ever come to that point, suggesting him anything ohter than a 11th/12th man off the bench...please strip me of my Spurs fan collar.

I was :lol @ the article mentioning Denvers interest in him, in case they don't sign Elson.

That would be the "coup de gras" in yet another series of bonehead moves, by a bonehead organization. Start with giving Kenyon Martin that max contract a couple of summers ago.

NugzFan
07-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Denver is such a Mickey Mouse organization from top-to-bottom. Any team that invests that much money in Carmelo Anthony and the baggage that comes with his negative IQ deserves the years of mediocrity that lie ahead. Not to mention rewarding a totally unproven guy (Nene or whatever he calls himself now) that just missed nearly the entire season with a 60 million dollar deal....? Is Isiah running the Nuggets as well?

funny but so wrong.

The Nuggets just spent 140 million on two overrated douchebags that have ZERO to speak of when it comes to success and the Spurs spent the same amount on Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. If that doesn't illustrate the glaring difference in direction and philosophy of these two teams, what does?

overrated douchebags? - says enough about your post right there.

MoSpur
07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll admit that Nene is a bit overpaid. He hasn't proven he is worth $60 mil. Melo on the other hand is different. He stepped it up last year. I like his game.

SequSpur
07-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Denver has no choice. The only tools they have is Nene and Carmelo.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I'll admit that Nene is a bit overpaid. He hasn't proven he is worth $60 mil. Melo on the other hand is different. He stepped it up last year. I like his game.

There nucleus is nice.

Melo/Nene/Camby

If they stick a shooter at the 2/3 alongside Melo and put a real pointguard in there who isn't shoot-first like Boykins/Miller they could be a really nice team.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-20-2006, 02:33 PM

It all starts in the front office people- nobody that covers sports seems to remember that.

:drunk douchebag

its no wonder i see your opinion being disregarded alot by even your fellow spurs fans here :fro

T Park
07-20-2006, 02:53 PM
What does he say thats wrong?

Your telling me that Nene justified last year that 6 year 60 million dollar contract?

WHEN has he justified it?

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
calling Melo overrated, saying he doesnt know what success is :drunk

Yes Nene is overpaid for what he has done but most big men are.

So yes, Walton is a douchebag. Carry on

Walton Buys Off Me
07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
What success has Melo achieved? Do tell. The NCAA crown? So winning in college justifies a max contract in the NBA? If getting caught with drugs on your person or in your car qualifies as being successful, then Robert Downey Jr. would be President.

Carmelo Anthony an NBA success story- now I've heard it all. The guy resembles a constipated kittin come playoff time.

Why am I arguing with a Denver Nuggets fan?

ducks
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
what has james won?
melo is more clutch then james

GrandeDavid
07-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I am up already.

Kori, I did like you and got very little sleep last night, which fvcked up my day in the sense that I had no energy to do my swimming workout and had no time for nap. So I'll TRY to go to bed early tonight.

GrandeDavid
07-20-2006, 03:37 PM

UNTOUCHABLE!!! This dude is untouchable! Walton, I don't normally like jocking other dudes, but you are a great source of entertainment for me on these boards. :lol :lol :lol

GrandeDavid
07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Btw, I think I've succeeded in convincing most of Brazil what a pvssy Nene is. Well, at least I've succeeded in making my friends Valtinho and Marcelhinho, both of the Brazilian national team, laugh at my take. Nene bitches and moans about the petty politics of the Brazilian national team, selfishly creating a nonsensical stir, which is just an excuse for him not get criticized for his lazy ass not representing his country. What a selfish guy. He should step up and rep up his damn country! Come on now!

GrandeDavid
07-20-2006, 03:42 PM
What success has Melo achieved? Do tell. The NCAA crown? So winning in college justifies a max contract in the NBA? If getting caught with drugs on your person or in your car qualifies as being successful, then Robert Downey Jr. would be President.

Carmelo Anthony an NBA success story- now I've heard it all. The guy resembles a constipated kittin come playoff time.

Why am I arguing with a Denver Nuggets fan?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Remind me to avoid a blog war with this man! :lmao

Slinkyman
07-20-2006, 05:09 PM
what has james won?
melo is more clutch then james

WHAT? :lol :lol :lol :lol
How many times has Denver got passed the first round? This is what Melo's playoff career looks like:
2006 -- lost to LA Clippers, 4-1, first round

2005 -- lost to San Antonio, 4-1, first round

2004 -- lost to Minnesota, 4-1, first round

Yeah thats fucking clutch right there. James put his team on his shoulders and they were one game away from the ECF and they'll be contenders next season while the nuggets will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Dre_7
07-20-2006, 05:14 PM
ducks obviously didnt watch the playoffs. :lol

Knoxville Spur
07-20-2006, 07:47 PM

Some good comments about the Nugs FO. Last I checked, the big contracts to Nene and Melo were not even showing on Hoopshype.com. They certainly appear headed for an unfavorable cap situation with those two big contracts and Kenyon Martin--without anything approaching a champioship caliber lineup.

The Spurs front office did very well to fill a need by targeting two such teams and forcing them to pay double to retain "nice-to-have" but noncritical pieces of their rosters.

I predict Elson will be a Spur at a reasonable price for an NBA big. Paying $6 million per year for Elson would be foolish, just as NY could not stomach $14 million for 3 years for Butler.

Nice job by the Spurs FO for filling a need while leaving plenty of options open for 2007-8, not to mention the longer term future (3-5 years).