07-20-2006, 05:31 PM
:wrongf :idiot

ABDENOUR POWER
07-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Link? I don't see anything on ESPN.com.

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:32 PM
:wrongf :idiot
I'm sure it would've been ok if it was regarding the Pistons though right?

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Link? I don't see anything on ESPN.com.

Channel 13 and WTHR radio station confirmed it.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
They signed him outright or what?

awmyplace
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
The Pacers fans are sooooo happy that Al Harrington is a Pacers now.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 05:36 PM

Ho-ly, shit.

Do that again.

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Kinda like that 100 page thread about that nobody the Spurs signed aweek ago?

Kori Ellis
07-20-2006, 05:38 PM
What did they trade? Just the trade exception they got in the Peja deal or what?

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
They signed him outright or what?
they didnt give details...it'll be on again later, probably gonna give more details then

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
guess who is back baby! did you guys miss me?

awmyplace
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
What did they trade? Just the trade exception they got in the Peja deal or what?

I think that they trade Peja or something.

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
they didnt give details...it'll be on again later, probably gonna give more details then
im so fucking happy right now, this means bonzi has no choice but to either resign with us or get signed and traded for something we want in return. :elephant

awmyplace
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
guess who is back baby! did you guys miss me?

Yeah We miss you.Where did you go?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 05:42 PM
This has to mean SJax is on his way out, no?

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:43 PM
This has to mean SJax is on his way out, no?
I sure as hell hope so. There were talks earlier of Foster and Jamal Tinsley/ AJ to ATL for AL

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah We miss you.Where did you go?i have 530 posts on realgm so i was there for about a month. i love both forums so i will just post on both instead of 1.

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:47 PM
i have 530 posts on realgm so i was there for about a month. i love both forums so i will just post on both instead of 1.
Ok ronny its ok...dont hurt yourself now...trying to post on two boards :lol :blah :spin

Im kidding....

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Ok ronny its ok...dont hurt yourself now...trying to post on two boards :lol :blah :spin

Im kidding....
:lol

romsey31
07-20-2006, 05:54 PM
:lol
We'd love to have you back...if you were sane :D :lol :lol

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
We'd love to have you back...if you were sane :D :lol :lol
im trying to stay sane but its so damn hard. o well at least my team is better than the one i left. :lol

no hard feelings though.

The Artest Factor
07-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Baby Al is badass, as good as he was the first time around, he's twice as good now.
20/8/3 and an All-Star appearance on the way.

The Artest Factor
07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
im trying to stay sane but its so damn hard. o well at least my team is better than the one i left. :lol

no hard feelings though.
Kings are a joke, they play terrible defense. Mike Bibby is easily the worst defender in the NBA, probably the ugliest player in the league too.

romsey31
07-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Kings are a joke, they play terrible defense. Mike Bibby is easily the worst defender in the NBA, probably the ugliest player in the league too.
Come on now....NJ knocked us out the playoffs, we're in no shape to be trash talking.

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 06:25 PM
:lol whatever that comment is too funny to even argue about, have a good day.

kingsfan
07-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Good for the Pacers but Hawks fans are not happy.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-20-2006, 06:31 PM
lol.were the hawk fans ever happy?

strangeweather
07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Did anyone ever figure out what the terms of this deal were? Has it even been confirmed anywhere?

NBA Junkie
07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
This thread is useless without a link!

NBA Junkie
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Did anyone ever figure out what the terms of this deal were? Has it even been confirmed anywhere?

I'm starting to think this thread is as bogus as the one that was started yesterday about Harrington becoming a Piston.

I've visited other Pacer boards in the last hour and there is no conversation about this.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm starting to think this thread is as bogus as the one that was started yesterday about Harrington becoming a Piston.

I've visited other Pacer boards in the last hour and there is no conversation about this.

I've read it on a couple Pacers boards that it was announced on some station there but no details have been provided yet.

Leetonidas
07-20-2006, 06:43 PM

Look who finally decided to show his ugly mug again.

baseline bum
07-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Harrington is such an upgrade over soft-ass Peja.

Bob Lanier
07-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Harrington is such an upgrade over soft-ass Peja.
Harrington is softer and a worse defender than Peja.

No joke.

romsey31
07-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I've read it on a couple Pacers boards that it was announced on some station there but no details have been provided yet.
I'mn giving you a personal invite to join our board.http://www2.indystar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Not as busy as this one but its a great community /fam environment.

baseline bum
07-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Harrington is softer and a worse defender than Peja.

No joke.

Peja is to soft as Jessica Alba is to hot bitches.

Bob Lanier
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't disagree with that. Maybe "softer" goes too far - but I have seen Peja play good defense several times before, which is something I can't say about "Baby Al".

ShoogarBear
07-20-2006, 07:32 PM
You saw Peja play good defense . . . after how many puffs?

romsey31
07-20-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't disagree with that. Maybe "softer" goes too far - but I have seen Peja play good defense several times before, which is something I can't say about "Baby Al".
You know absolutely nothing about Al. Al is a great defender and is everything but soft.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-20-2006, 10:16 PM
You know absolutely nothing about Al. Al is a great defender and is everything but soft.

Great deal for The Pacers now you guys can dump the big softie.

RON ARTEST
07-20-2006, 11:14 PM

what are you talking about? http://realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=17

NBA Junkie
07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
what are you talking about? http://realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=17

Are you joking? There's absolutely nothing but speculation and things I haven't heard already.

I just want to see some solid evidence that a sign-and-trade is actually in the works. No national outlet is even reporting that a deal is imminent or even in the works. All we have are Pacer homers that supposedly heard this report over a local television station (shocking) and internet message boards. And, we all know how reliable those are.

NBA Junkie
07-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Great deal for The Pacers now you guys can dump the big softie.

???

Quadzilla99
07-20-2006, 11:34 PM
???
Maybe he's referring to J.O.(?) I was wondering myself.

NBA Junkie
07-20-2006, 11:35 PM
I'll guess Stephen Jackson

Pistons < Spurs
07-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Al Harrington Traded To The Pacers
20th July, 2006 - 11:39 pm
WTHR.com - According to WHTR 13 in Indianapolis, a deal has been completed that will send Al Harrington to the Indiana Pacers .

The full details of the trade are yet to be released, but RealGM.com will continue to update our users as the deal becomes official.

The Pacers have a $7.5 million trade exception, which will likely be involved in the deal.

The Warriors and Bulls were the two other teams believed to be most interested in acquiring Harrington.

this is on the front page of realgm

1Parker1
07-21-2006, 08:32 AM
:lol Harrington back in Pacer-land?

NBA Junkie
07-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Al Harrington Traded To The Pacers
20th July, 2006 - 11:39 pm
WTHR.com - According to WHTR 13 in Indianapolis, a deal has been completed that will send Al Harrington to the Indiana Pacers .

The full details of the trade are yet to be released, but RealGM.com will continue to update our users as the deal becomes official.

The Pacers have a $7.5 million trade exception, which will likely be involved in the deal.

The Warriors and Bulls were the two other teams believed to be most interested in acquiring Harrington.

this is on the front page of realgm

FWIW, it's been removed from the front page of realgm which leads me to believe this may have been bogus all along. Further strengthened by the fact that ESPN hasn't even mentioned anything on it.

Pistons < Spurs
07-22-2006, 12:39 AM
FWIW, it's been removed from the front page of realgm which leads me to believe this may have been bogus all along. Further strengthened by the fact that ESPN hasn't even mentioned anything on it.

It's still on RealGM. Newer stories have pushed it off the front page ... but if you click on "RealGMWiretap" you'll see it.

As for it's validity, who knows.

They actually updated the story with this sentence:

Friday afternoon update: An official from the Pacers informed RealGM's Christopher Reina that no annoucement of any deal involving Harrington has been scheduled.

Pistons < Spurs
07-24-2006, 10:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=2528093

Pacers close to acquiring Harrington from Hawks
Stein
By Marc Stein

The biggest name still available on the NBA free-agent market is Al Harrington.

Except that you'd struggle to find a team out there that considers Harrington available.

Harrington's return to the Indiana Pacers via sign-and-trade with the Atlanta Hawks, according to various NBA front-office sources, is widely seen as a done deal.

Perhaps the strongest indication that a formal announcement is forthcoming from Indianapolis is the fact that the Pacers' main competition for Harrington is no longer courting the versatile forward.

The Golden State Warriors, sources said, have conceded defeat in the Harrington chase, fully expecting the 26-year-old to join the Pacers in a swap with Atlanta that would net Harrington a six-year contract worth just under $57 million.

It remains unclear who or what Atlanta would receive in the sign-and-trade arrangement, but the deal can be completed with the Hawks taking back recent or future draft picks -- or perhaps a moderately priced youngster like center David Harrison -- as opposed to significant salary. That's because of a $7.5 million trade exception Indiana created earlier this month by striking a sign-and-trade deal with the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets involving Peja Stojakovic … after Stojakovic had already committed to sign a five-year, $60-plus million free-agent contract with the Hornets.

With a modest cash payment believed to be in the $250,000 range, Indiana convinced the Hornets to participate in a sign-and-trade swap for Stojakovic instead of signing him outright. The Pacers signed Stojakovic to the terms he and the Hornets negotiated and shipped the sharpshooter (plus cash) to New Orleans/Oklahoma City for the rights to 1998 second-round draft pick Andy Betts, who will likely never play for Indiana.

Without the $7.5 million trade exception resulting from that maneuver, Indiana wouldn't be able to complete a sign-and-trade for Harrington unless the Hawks were willing to take back contracts in the same monetary range as Harrington's new first-year salary.

Harrington's apparent willingness to start that new contract in the $7.5 million range, meanwhile, is expected to return him to the team that drafted the 6-9, 245-pounder in 1998 -- and has turned that trade exception into one of the most valuable assets of this NBA offseason.

Harrington, sources said, initially told interested suitors he was expecting a six-year deal worth at least $66 million. For the Pacers to pay that much, Atlanta almost certainly would have to be willing to accept a package built around Indiana center Jeff Foster. But Foster, by all indications, is not part of the forthcoming trade.

Indy's unforeseen trade exception gets Harrington fairly close to his financial target and the team he likes best. Better yet for the Pacers, their new Ron Artest replacement is regarded as a top-flight athlete who's capable of playing small forward and power forward.

When the free-agent period commenced July 1 and the Hornets secured a verbal commitment from Stojakovic within hours, it looked as though Indiana would lose its original Artest successor without compensation.

The Pacers have been busy on other fronts as well, according to sources, in hopes of reducing future salary obligations wherever possible as they prepare to absorb Harrington's big contract.

They first rescinded a qualifying offer to shooting guard Fred Jones, suddenly making Jones an unrestricted free agent, and he quickly reached an agreement to sign with Toronto Raptors.

Indiana also agreed over the weekend to trade point guard Anthony Johnson, who has two seasons left on his contract worth just over $5 million, for a package of three Dallas Mavericks that will likely be whittled to one. Veteran point guard Darrell Armstrong is the only Mav expected to stick with the Pacers after the deal goes through. Young forwards Josh Powell and Rawle Marshall are prime candidates to be waived.

The Pacers have also shopped Foster (who earns $5.5 million next season) and guard Sarunas Jasikevicius ($4 million) this summer and might proceed with plans to move one or both to gain additional distance from the luxury-tax threshold.

"Obviously, Indiana, I'm more comfortable there because I've been there, I've been in the East," Harrington told ESPN.com earlier this month at the Vegas Summer League, making it clear then that he expected to wind up with either the Pacers or the Warriors.

"Going into free agency, obviously you think, 'I'm going to be at the bottom of the screen [on ESPN's Bottom Line ticker] like Ben Wallace and the rest of the guys.' But everyone's telling me to be patient, so that's what I'm trying to do."

NBA Junkie
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
A week has nearly passed and still no deal?

What do the Pacers need to do in terms of more salary dumpings to sign this guy?