PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili, Pau Gasol, Beno Udrih and Darko Millic in Singapore

SpursWillOwn
07-20-2006, 08:23 PM
For Philips Singapore Cup 2006. FINALLY MY CHANCE TO SEE MY FAVOURITE NBA STARS IN SINGAPORE!!!!!! Slovenia, Serbia & Montenegro, Argentina andSpain would be playing against each other in the cup. Our season ticket (3 days) is only around USD$12 hahaha anyone interested in box score? it would be held from 11 - 13 august. :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

ALVAREZ6
07-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice.

Have fun!

SpursWillOwn
07-20-2006, 08:29 PM
anything u guys want me to tell him? hahahha

Quasar
07-20-2006, 08:34 PM
hey man i'll be there as well although not the full three days... have to work!

Do you have the match schedule?? COuldn't find it anywhere on the official site

ATX Spur
07-20-2006, 08:37 PM
is serbia still playing with montenegro? i wonder if that is how they are listed.

Quasar
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
yes they're still into S & M :)

SpursWillOwn
07-20-2006, 08:49 PM
here you go http://202.172.226.186/test3/internetcontent/philips0806/doc/gameschedule.pdf
u came here just for the cup?

Quasar
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Nah I'm working in Singapore :D

This is one of the rare moments that makes Singapore a worthwhile place to live in for sports enthusiasts!!

Thanks for the link!! I thought this was gonna be a knock out tournament... oh well. Not much reason for the teams to give their all... but i'll be there to watch Manu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilmads
07-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Enjoy it!:) As an International fan, I know these opportunities rarely come... Have fun:)

Sense
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I heard Singapore sucks... :o

SequSpur
07-21-2006, 12:21 AM
do you have Chips A Hoy in Singapore?

furry_spurry
07-21-2006, 12:35 AM
That tournament will be better than a lot of the WC.

I am curious as to the players you listed-- Manu, Pau, Darko, and Beno??

Phenomanul
07-21-2006, 12:47 AM
This is where a SpursTalk T-Shirt would come in handy.... that way the players would know that the forum's members exist throughout the World (on every continent but Antartica)....

Quasar
07-21-2006, 12:53 AM
I heard Singapore sucks... :oIt really depends what you're into.

My main complaint is that the work culture is horrible here.

My wife and myself are in IT and we are both expected to work at least 10-12 hours a day (including week ends sometimes) without compensation for the overtime.

All this for a low pay that gives you less purchasing power compared to a similar position in other developed countries such as Australia, USA, Canada, etc..

With work requiring so much time, it is all but possible to have a proper family life.

With this said, Singapore is actually a great place to live for the young and hip, especially if you happen to have a moderately high income.

Singapore is a cosmopolitan city where *good* representations of most existing cuisines exist:
Italian, French, Italian, Mediterranean, Tex-Mex, Chinese - from styles for tame palates up to Fear factor grade :), Japanese (excellent!), Indian, Portugese, German, Fusion etc..

The clubbing scene is pretty good as well, especially if you happen to be an expatriate. As is the case with most asian countries anything that's whiter than yellow becomes immediately attractive with total disregard for actual ugliness :D

Add to this that Singapore is a gateway that makes most exotic asian countries easily accessible (you may pay as little as US$40 for a return ticket to vietnam, indonesia, thailand, etc.) and you can find why my expatriate friends here (mostly french & british) are in love with Singapore, so much so that they took up permanent residency here.

Quasar
07-21-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm not the original poster, but I know some answers :)

I am curious as to the players you listed-- Manu, Pau, Darko, and Beno?? Beno - Slovenia
Manu - Argentina
Pau - Spain
Darko - Serbia (& M)

Those are the 4 teams.

That tournament will be better than a lot of the WC. I hope so, but unfortunately, I believe none of the teams will be willing to risk injury, they will be playing in Cruise control...

However, I know Manu only has 1 speed and that's MAX. I hope to see some crazy stuff in person!!!

Sense
07-21-2006, 01:04 AM
It really depends what you're into.

My main complaint is that the work culture is horrible here.

My wife and myself are in IT and we are both expected to work at least 10-12 hours a day (including week ends sometimes) without compensation for the overtime.

All this for a low pay that gives you less purchasing power compared to a similar position in other developed countries such as Australia, USA, Canada, etc..

With work requiring so much time, it is all but possible to have a proper family life.

With this said, Singapore is actually a great place to live for the young and hip, especially if you happen to have a moderately high income.

Singapore is a cosmopolitan city where *good* representations of most existing cuisines exist:
Italian, French, Italian, Mediterranean, Tex-Mex, Chinese - from styles for tame palates up to Fear factor grade :), Japanese (excellent!), Indian, Portugese, German, Fusion etc..

The clubbing scene is pretty good as well, especially if you happen to be an expatriate. As is the case with most asian countries anything that's whiter than yellow becomes immediately attractive with total disregard for actual ugliness :D

Add to this that Singapore is a gateway that makes most exotic asian countries easily accessible (you may pay as little as US$40 for a return ticket to vietnam, indonesia, thailand, etc.) and you can find why my expatriate friends here (mostly french & british) are in love with Singapore, so much so that they took up permanent residency here.

But what if they catch you stealing or smoking the marijuana?!!

Quasar
07-21-2006, 02:36 AM
But what if they catch you stealing or smoking the marijuana?!!I know you're not that serious, but I will answer it seriously anyway. The best way is not to get caught.

Only the dumb ones get caught.

And life is pretty tough for dumb people in Singapore.

Stealing will get you something similar to what you'd get in the States, except you won't get assraped in prison due to prisons being more efficient here.

But your ass might get caned by a martial arts expert.

Smoking anything other than cigs will see you rewarded with a jail sentence and/or fined as well.

And possibly caned as well. :D

Anyway, one shouldn't be doing drugs to start with. Why spend that much $$$ to ruin one's body when all there will be to show at the end is an overdose and an empty life?

There are so many other places where money could be more productively spent - the poor, wife, girlfriend(s?), education, games, watches, nice motorcycles, food, gadgets... why drugs?

angel_luv
07-21-2006, 10:18 AM
That is cool. Have a great time and root hard. :)

furry_spurry
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm not the original poster, but I know some answers :)

Beno - Slovenia
Manu - Argentina
Pau - Spain
Darko - Serbia (& M)

Those are the 4 teams.

I know those are the four teams- I was just "harrassing" the poster about including Beno in a list with Manu and Pao.

SpursWillOwn
07-21-2006, 10:46 AM
well these are the nba stars + scrubs listed.. yea life in singapore is pretty much sad.. And SequSpur we do have Chips Ahoy in Singapore just like they have it in Poland..

abelle23
07-25-2006, 03:51 PM
hey post pics if you can !!!

alamo50
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
This is where a SpursTalk T-Shirt would come in handy.... that way the players would know that the forum's members exist throughout the World (on every continent but Antartica)....

:smokin

SpursWillOwn
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
^^:wtf

gilmor2002
07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I got the tics today..
SGD52 for the 3-day event. Will be taking some pics. esp with Manu