PDA

View Full Version : trade possibility: damon jones,luke jackson for beno and oberto? would u like it?

coachmac87
07-20-2006, 09:39 PM
just curious to think if ud make the deal or not?

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Beno>>>> Damon Jones. Jones is an even worse defender. All he does well is shoot threes....

No

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Coachmac, quit posting stupid trade ideas. This is like #482,309 for you in the last month.

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Coachmac, quit posting stupid trade ideas. This is like #482,309 for you in the last month.
\

That just means he smokes the good shit

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2006, 09:57 PM
More like the bad shit because they're all retarded.

Spurs16212
07-20-2006, 10:45 PM
I am sure that Damon Jones is not the answer that the Spurs need. They need a solid center or small forward. Anyways Cleveland does not want Beno and Oberto.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Better thought...

Show Beno some game footage of Damon Jones jacking up open 3's. Maybe some of it will wear off, and we'll spear ourselves a shitty defender with a unnecessary/unearned ego.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:38 PM
You think Beno get's beat on defense, and Tony Parker gets beaten up by bigger guards?

Wait until Damon comes to town. He gets beat off the dribble, AND beat by bigger physical guards. The guy is a trip.

Sense
07-20-2006, 11:39 PM

I fuckin agree... :tu

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:41 PM

It's a semi-realistic question about something relative to the Spurs.

This is better than some of the other shitty threads in the top 20 right now. Let the man inquire, I say.

leemajors
07-20-2006, 11:42 PM
it's nowhere near realistic.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-20-2006, 11:44 PM

Exactly, Beno for Jones?! That would be terrible.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:44 PM

Let's petition the Spurstalk powers that be to restrict his thread-making abilities.

Sense
07-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Let's petition the Spurstalk powers that be to restrict his thread-making abilities.

I say AYE!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2006, 11:48 PM
It's a semi-realistic question about something relative to the Spurs.

This is better than some of the other shitty threads in the top 20 right now. Let the man inquire, I say.

It's not really realistic. If the dude wants to post fantasy trades that have no shot of happening, he can go to realgm and do it there, they've got a whole board just for that purpose.

Why the fuck would the Spurs trade for a SG and a shitty SF? They're set at SG, and Luke Jackson is about as cool as cancer at SF. He's slow, skinny, and gets paid way more than he produces.

Yeah, that's realistic. :rolleyes

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:49 PM
It's not really realistic. If the dude wants to post fantasy trades that have no shot of happening, he can go to realgm and do it there, they've got a whole board just for that purpose.

Why the fuck would the Spurs trade for a SG and a shitty SF? They're set at SG, and Luke Jackson is about as cool as cancer at SF. He's slow, skinny, and gets paid way more than he produces.

Yeah, that's realistic. :rolleyes

You thinking we shouldn't do it, doesn't make it "not realistic".

People thought signing Elson was a terrible decision, did that make it any less realistic?

P.S - Damon Jones isn't a SG, he's a PG...who shoots a lot. But a PG. :D

leemajors
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
the spurs trading for damon jones is way outside the realm of possibility. your non-point about elson was utterly pointless, but at least you proved nothing!

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:54 PM
the spurs trading for damon jones is way outside the realm of possibility. your non-point about elson was utterly pointless, but at least you proved nothing!

It must be a non-point.

That way you don't have to make a legitimate reply to it. Yes, indeed...I should try that strategy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Okay, fine. The Spurs have three point guards. You want them to get a fourth that defends worse than 85 year old Jacques Vaughn?

I've seen him line up at both positions, he sucks at both and we're set at both. It's not about me thinking we shouldn't do it, it's about a trade that would address exactly zero of our pressing issues on this team, which means our front office is about as likely to do it as boutons is to get laid any time this century.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Okay, fine. The Spurs have three point guards. You want them to get a fourth that defends worse than 85 year old Jacques Vaughn?

I've seen him line up at both positions, he sucks at both and we're set at both. It's not about me thinking we shouldn't do it, it's about a trade that would address exactly zero of our pressing issues on this team, which means our front office is about as likely to do it as boutons is to get laid any time this century.

No I don't think they should, I don't like Damon Jones game.

Also, we wouldn't have 4...because we'd be giving up Beno. So we would have 3, with Vaugh as the 3rd PG.

And yes, I agree it probably won't happen. But why jump on a guy just asking if we would do it? Just say "no I wouldn't and this is why" instead of "stop making stupid fucking threads".

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2006, 12:00 AM
I jump on the guy because it feels like every damn day he comes on here and starts another "we should trade Beno, Marks, and Scola for Lebron" thread, that or he shows up two days late after we sign a player with a link to the Express-News.

If the dude wants to whip up fantasy hoops trades every day he should go to the NBA forum or the trolls board, or just reply to one of his other 86,000 threads and keep it going

Taking it to the Hole
07-21-2006, 12:23 AM
"Can't we all just get along."___Rodney King :lol