PDA

View Full Version : Karoake Machine Setup

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I know a majority of you guyz love ur singing in the shower or while takein a dump :D:D karoake nights.

Well ive seen many restaurants have pc setups that has 1 terabyte storage, what i need to know is the setup equipment i need, and is attaching it to a plasma screen is it good for the screen?? or is a setup plasma screen better than a setup with lcd screen??

ChumpDumper
07-21-2006, 03:37 AM
What exactly are you trying to do?

Plasma, LCD, that really doesn't matter -- the cheaper the better if all you're doing is the karaoke display. Computer karaoke displays are very low resolution.

As for the karaoke itself -- are you saving them all to the hard drive? There are several programs out there that convert CDG discs to MP3+G files and can play them back too. I can get you some names if you are interested -- I do have some friends who are in the middle of developing complate karaoke software packages here in Austin. Winamp also has some plugins that can play MP3+G files if you are more comfortable with that. To keep everything legal you have to buy the karaoke CDGs and rip them, but there are certainly other ways of obtaining MP3+G files.

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 04:08 AM
this system is mainly dvds rippin to the pc for home use hook up to the plasma,

what i need to know is the sort of equipment need for the pc, should i get a soundcard with remote control, cose i dont wanna to it manually with the pc.

so i ripped them to the pc, now i need the progam that will put them in numerical order, so all i have to do is press the numbers in on the remote control. what sort of progam is this though?