PDA

View Full Version : Salmons to Toronto- not a done deal

furry_spurry
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
The trade that would have added backup guard John Salmons to the Raptors is in danger.

Word around the NBA yesterday was that serious snags had developed in the transaction with the Philadelphia 76ers.

It's unclear whether Salmons, a free agent, had second thoughts about joining the Raptors for a five-year, $23 million (all figures U.S.) contract or whether Toronto is working on a larger trade and needed the salary cap room or roster spot.

What is clear is that Toronto is nowhere close to announcing the sign-and-trade deal — Salmons for a second-round draft pick and a $2 million salary cap trade exception. It was supposed to be finalized last night, when former Raptor Andre Barrett cleared waivers.

A week ago, Salmons reportedly agreed to the sign-and-trade, turning down an offer from the Phoenix Suns. Phoenix signed free agent guard Marcus Banks yesterday in place of Salmons.

There are few league teams with enough cap room or inclination to offer Salmons the kind of deal the Raptors did.

Raptor general manager Bryan Colangelo has said repeatedly that he has several trade balls in the air. One could land him a backcourt player if, as expected, Salmons goes elsewhere.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1153433434759&call_pageid=969907729483&col=970081562040

This is the story that was supposed to say the 76ers had completed their agreed-upon sign-and-trade deal to send restricted free-agent John Salmons to the Toronto Raptors.

All that had to happen to clear the way was for Raptors guard Andre Barrett to clear waivers, creating a roster spot.

At that point, Salmons - accepting a 5-year contract worth $23 million - would be sent to the Raptors, with the Sixers receiving a $2 million trade exception good for a calendar year, plus a second-round draft choice.

Barrett cleared waivers at 6 o'clock last night.

After that...

Nothing, other than this from Sixers president and general manager Billy King, in an e-mail response: "At this time, there is no trade to announce." He would not elaborate.

No one from either team was saying whether the trade was off or delayed, or what the factors might be. Joel Bell, Salmons' agent, could not be reached for comment.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/15088651.htm

Kori Ellis
07-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I wonder if a big trade is coming, or perhaps Salmons didn't pass a physical or something.

ducks
07-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Bryan Colangelo reportedly is juggling multiple trades.

The Riddler
07-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I wonder if a big trade is coming, or perhaps Salmons didn't pass a physical or something.

no, he's getting traded because he didnt pass the ball.

JMarkJohns
07-21-2006, 12:18 PM
no, he's getting traded because he didnt pass the ball.

That's really ignorant, considering that as a backup PG he averaged 14 points and 5 assists and as a starter average close to 7 assists whe Iverson was out.

JMarkJohns
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I do, however, delight in the irony that Salmons passed on the Suns for Toronto because he liked Colagelo as GM and now he might be passed over by the very same GM who's trying to land a bigger fish for his money and rostor spot.

LMAO!

PhxDog
07-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Looks like Salmons is signing with Sacramento, and receiving the full MLE.

Not exactly the irony you were thinking of, JMJ, but pretty good. ;)

picnroll
07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
So where does Bonzi land?

Rip-Hamilton32
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM

im pretty sure its because they are getting fred jones

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 02:53 AM
He just signed somewhere else, so I'm guessing that team came in at the last minute and stole him away.

I want to say it was Sacramento? Anywho, I wouldn't lose sleep over John Salmons.

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 03:02 AM
He just signed somewhere else, so I'm guessing that team came in at the last minute and stole him away.

I want to say it was Sacramento? Anywho, I wouldn't lose sleep over John Salmons.

You're not very perceptive are you?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 03:04 AM
You're not very perceptive are you?

You're not very good at just making a point, instead of throwing out insults at people ... are you?

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2006, 03:07 AM
salmons just signed for the full MLE, while teh kings are not persuing re-signin wells, who they will let him walk.

RON ARTEST
07-25-2006, 03:15 AM
salmons just signed for the full MLE, while teh kings are not persuing re-signin wells, who they will let him walk.
let walk? i dont know, petrie said they are looking at some trades so i wouldnt be surprised to see him signed and traded.

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 03:16 AM
You're not very good at just making a point, instead of throwing out insults at people ... are you?

My point was pretty self explanatory I thought, if you actually read through the thread you would have noticed that somebody posted that the Kings signed Salmons 2 posts before yours. On top of that, there is another thread all about it.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 03:19 AM
My point was pretty self explanatory I thought, if you actually read through the thread you would have noticed that somebody posted that the Kings signed Salmons 2 posts before yours. On top of that, there is another thread all about it.

Ok.

The point wasn't what team signed him, the point was the reason he backed out of his original deal is because another team came in at the last minute. For somebody as 'perceptive' as you claim to be, one would hope you could pick that much up.

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Ok.

The point wasn't what team signed him, the point was the reason he backed out of his original deal is because another team came in at the last minute. For somebody as 'perceptive' as you claim to be, one would hope you could pick that much up.

Nice try dude, you can't change the fact that you couldn't even read through 8 whole posts before you came in with your opinion. Seriously, I just find it annoying when people won't read what is in front of them because they are too busy trying to be heard. Try listening to others, you might learn something, your posts will only improve if you do.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 03:37 AM
Nice try dude, you can't change the fact that you couldn't even read through 8 whole posts before you came in with your opinion. Seriously, I just find it annoying when people won't read what is in front of them because they are too busy trying to be heard. Try listening to others, you might learn something, your posts will only improve if you do.

Nice try dude.

Don't ridicule people's "perception" when you can't decipher the purpose of a post, and reply to that point...instead of picking out details that don't matter and criticizing them.

I don't need tips/pointers on how to improve my posts, thanks for the help though.

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Nice try dude.

Don't ridicule people's "perception" when you can't decipher the purpose of a post, and reply to that point...instead of picking out details that don't matter and criticizing them.

I don't need tips/pointers on how to improve my posts, thanks for the help though.

Yeah, somebody already said that to me earlier in this post, if I read it I could tell you who. Maybe it was Please Don't Call Me Out For Not Reading Before Posting? I really need to start reading before posting especially in short little threads.

BTW, for you to act like Sacramento being an insignificant fact in this post is laughable.

Sure would have sounded a little more intelligent if you actually knew who signed him, especially since somebody just posted it 2 posts before you in the same thread.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Yeah, somebody already said that to me earlier in this post, if I read it I could tell you who. Maybe it was Please Don't Call Me Out For Not Reading Before Posting? I really need to start reading before posting especially in short little threads.

BTW, for you to act like Sacramento being an insignificant fact in this post is laughable.

Sure would have sounded a little more intelligent if you actually knew who signed him, especially since somebody just posted it 2 posts before you in the same thread.

Ok, I tried being nice about it.

Listen...this thread is not about where Salmons signed. It's about how he didn't fucking sign with Toronto. Now, you can use your play on words all you want to make fun of my screen name, but that doesn't change the fact that this thread is not about Salmons signing with Sacramento.

I made a comment relevant to this thread, stating why I felt he didn't sign with Toronto afterall. As an afterthought I mentioned who I thought was the team that signed him (Sacramento).

WHAT ARE YOU GETTING YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH OVER?

The fact I wasn't sure it was them? You sound like a bitter Kings fan.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 03:52 AM
This is retarded.

I can't believe I'm having an argument because I said I "think" it was Sac who signed him as opposed to "it was" Sac who signed him.

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2006, 04:11 AM
please dont ban me = post padder

RON ARTEST
07-25-2006, 05:19 AM
yup.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM

...the fuck is a post padder?

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
...the fuck is a post padder?

Somebody that is quick on the reply button, like you. They tend not to pay attention to what others have to say, because all they care about is putting their opinion out there to be heard. Their posts suck because they aren't very informed, since they are too busy posting when they should be reading.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Somebody that is quick on the reply button, like you. They tend not to pay attention to what others have to say, because all they care about is putting their opinion out there to be heard. Their posts suck because they aren't very informed, since they are too busy posting when they should be reading.

My replies are always relevant to the topic.

I always skim through the threads to read posts by people whose opinions I value.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
...and if I didn't care what other people had to say I wouldn't be on this board.

I'd make my own little diary and discuss the Spurs there. :D If I didn't care what other people said I wouldn't reply to there threads, there posts, and there comments on things I've said.

Remind me again why your panties are in a bunch?

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 11:38 AM
...and if I didn't care what other people had to say I wouldn't be on this board.

I'd make my own little diary and discuss the Spurs there. :D If I didn't care what other people said I wouldn't reply to there threads, there posts, and there comments on things I've said.

Remind me again why your panties are in a bunch?

Well people that are post padders only care what other people have to say when it is in response to their opinion, like you. They think that the thread actually starts only after they post in it. A diary wouldn't do it because you want to be heard, and unfortunately we are your audience.

BTW, I don't really care that much, I just like to fuck with people sometimes.

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
I always skim through the threads to read posts by people whose opinions I value.

That is classic, skim through for those you find worthy of reading. How do you ever deem somebody worthy if you don't read anybody elses posts? Must they respond directly to your post? Apparently, otherwise you wouldn't ever notice what they had to say. Just like I said previoulsy, you only care about what others have to say when it is response to your post.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Well people that are post padders only care what other people have to say when it is in response to their opinion, like you. They think that the thread actually starts only after they post in it. A diary wouldn't do it because you want to be heard, and unfortunately we are your audience.

BTW, I don't really care that much, I just like to fuck with people sometimes.

So I'm at fault for posting in threads, staying on topic, and replying to people that quote me.

:elephant Now it all makes sense.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 11:58 AM
That is classic, skim through for those you find worthy of reading. How do you ever deem somebody worthy if you don't read anybody elses posts? Must they respond directly to your post? Apparently, otherwise you wouldn't ever notice what they had to say. Just like I said previoulsy, you only care about what others have to say when it is response to your post.

That's not what I said at all, but good job of being 'perceptive' and focusing on one part of what i said.

I don't know wha'ts worse, being a post padder or trolling for a reaction out other posters. :elephant

DirkAB
07-25-2006, 12:26 PM
I don't know wha'ts worse, being a post padder or trolling for a reaction out other posters. :elephant

Being a post padder, much worse.

Instigator_
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Being a post padder, much worse.

oh shit. you gonna take that, pdbm?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-25-2006, 01:07 PM
oh shit. you gonna take that, pdbm?

Lmao.

ALVAREZ6
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
salmons is a king....