PDA

View Full Version : Darius Miles

Bartzini
07-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Id like to hear peoples views on a

Brent Barry + Eric Williamson trade for Darius Miles.

According to Real GM this could work once EW's trade restriction is lifted...and i know Darrius Miles wants out of Portland.

what do you guys think? Ive always thought miles was a great player...

JamStone
07-21-2006, 10:56 AM
That would be a very good trade for San Antonio. If Portland wants to get rid of Miles bad enough, that might be possible. I'm sure they'll try to get a better deal before they would settle for Barry and Williams. And, the Spurs won't be able to trade Eric Williams for a while, I think December or something, so the trade might not be able to happen for several months.

But, again, if Portland is desperate enough to get rid of Miles' attitude, Spurs could get a solid player without giving up anything. The issue is whether Miles will be on better behavior on a team like the Spurs, especially if he doesn't get enough playing time.

Mr. Body
07-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I believe it's been discussed somewhere. Summary: No. He's more cancerous than brain cancer and colon cancer at the same time. He's way overpaid, a huge double whammy.

Darkwaters
07-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Agreed. Miles is a career underachiever and cancer in the locker room. Not the typical Spurs player.

MoSpur
07-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Again, he has the potential to be very good. He doesn't take advantage of his size and athletic ability, which is a real shame. I doubt the Spurs would do it because his contract goes past 2008.

spur219
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
An inconsistent possible cancer type of player. Pop would not like him or his work ethic. He is a very erratic player and is known to take several possesions off. Not a Spurs type of player.

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I liked him in "The Perfect Score," showed a lot of versatility as an actor.

Fabbs
07-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Ive always thought miles was a great player...

How often has he demonstrated this greatness?
You mean he has always had great potential?
If he hasn't toked it away and can cop a good effort attitude he could be a great fit for the Spurs. Some huge ifs.
I'd prefer Al Harrington.

April 14, 2006:
Blazers send Miles home early for taking off uniform
Forward Darius Miles was sent home early from the Trail Blazers' Southern California road trip after changing into his street clothes at halftime of a game against the Clippers.

T Park
07-21-2006, 12:15 PM
If Miles is acquired, he would force me into some kind of insane asylum.

Mr. Body
07-21-2006, 12:16 PM
If Miles is acquired, he would force me into some kind of insane asylum.

Finally a plus on his side. :lol

ATX Spur
07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
I really liked him in Cleveland when shot at his own basket to get a triple double.

strangeweather
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I really liked him in Cleveland when shot at his own basket to get a triple double.
Ricky Davis.

ATX Spur
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
that's right. my bad.

T Park
07-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Finally a plus on his side

Doesn't your Javtokas blow up doll need its daily ass pounding right about now?

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 12:27 PM

I'm sure Miles saw that high and thought it would be a great idea but realized getting a triple double requires actual work and just kept smoking instead.

ATX Spur
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I had the wrong ex-Cav. I can't find any record of Miles ever getting a triple double.

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I had the wrong ex-Cav. I can't find any record of Miles ever getting a triple double.

It's never happened...he's too lazy to do that.

rayray2k8
07-21-2006, 12:35 PM
That was Ricky Davis you dumbass. :lol
The thought of having Darius Miles on the spurs makes me wanna
vomit!
So I'll put it in a way you can understand.
NO!!
Stop posting these stupid ideas on our forums!!
Learn what the salary cap is before you start pulling ideas out of your ass!

ATX Spur
07-21-2006, 12:39 PM
We already clarified it wasn't Miles. We had the wrong underachieving former Cavalier. I don't think Miles to the Spurs is a good idea either. But it's not as 'dumbass' as your sig or your attitude.

Bartzini
07-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Stop posting these stupid ideas on our forums!!
Learn what the salary cap is before you start pulling ideas out of your ass!

Message board commando's make me giggle a little.

Yea i guess D Miles is a bit of a leech in the personality department, but i wonder how much of that has to do with the organization he is associated with. Im sure the trailblazers locker room / front office isn't the most condusive to developing a young player out of highschool.

to the message board tough guy...the salary cap has no bearing on this trade..it meets the requirements, but thanks for playing.

rayray2k8
07-21-2006, 12:45 PM
We already clarified it wasn't Miles. We had the wrong underachieving former Cavalier. I don't think Miles to the Spurs is a good idea either. But it's not as 'dumbass' as your sig or your attitude.
Hush little man. :lol

rayray2k8
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Message board commando's make me giggle a little.

Yea i guess D Miles is a bit of a leech in the personality department, but i wonder how much of that has to do with the organization he is associated with. Im sure the trailblazers locker room / front office isn't the most condusive to developing a young player out of highschool.

to the message board tough guy...the salary cap has no bearing on this trade..it meets the requirements, but thanks for playing.

Well fuck it then, pull the trigger on this trade!!
Im sure it will work out, only because you say so. : :tu

ATX Spur
07-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Hush little man. :lol

Not a real response to what I said. Bring something to the table.

Bartzini
07-21-2006, 12:53 PM
The point of this thread was to get others opinions on darrius miles value as a trade to the spurs.

The point of this thread was not for you to try and flex your online nuts by being a keyboard commando.

save it for the school yard son.

rayray2k8
07-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Not a real response to what I said. Bring something to the table.
Look man.
My question is, why do people think having Darius Miles on the spurs is a good idea?
Theres a reason why the blazers are in turmoil and Miles is just one reason why.

But, I would only consider having him on the team if he changes his attitude.
The guy is oozing with potential, but he chooses not fully utilize his abilities.

Why? Because the guy is a selfish player and can only be effective when he has the ball in his hands.
He's a "Me-first" player that creates a negative vibe in a locker room that would cause nothing but problems for the spurs franchise.

If ya'll are down with a T.O situation down in San Antonio, then go with it.
Im just tired of noobs coming in here with these trade proposals, that seem to come out of the woodworks.
But if it makes any of you feel better ya'll can try it on NBA Live 2007. :rolleyes

SenorSpur
07-21-2006, 01:14 PM
This guy is a team cancer. It's one thing to be a team cancer, but a team cancer, with an expensive contract and without shooting ability is even much worse.

Beer is Good
07-21-2006, 03:05 PM
That would be a very good trade for San Antonio. If Portland wants to get rid of Miles bad enough, that might be possible. I'm sure they'll try to get a better deal before they would settle for Barry and Williams. And, the Spurs won't be able to trade Eric Williams for a while, I think December or something, so the trade might not be able to happen for several months.

But, again, if Portland is desperate enough to get rid of Miles' attitude, Spurs could get a solid player without giving up anything. The issue is whether Miles will be on better behavior on a team like the Spurs, especially if he doesn't get enough playing time.
You're just pissed because your team now has our "Stone Hands" Nazr. Chauncy's assists will go down by 1 a game next year. Enjoy.

Nikos
07-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind Miles. He would be a nice long three who could easily be a decent defender as a Spur. He would be reasonable on offense too most likely. Since joining the Cavs he has been known as a cancer, but I wouldn't exactly be upset if the Spurs got him.