PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live Question For You Guys

davi78239
07-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Anyone tried putting the new Spurs on the roster and playing them? Do they suck or are they decent? I know it's just a game but what the hell. I haven't tried yet and just wanted to know if anyone has.

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Nba live is a terrible game. I made the new roster on nba 2k6 and it ruled, but that's because I rule at the game. Bonner has an 86 3pt rating which is ridiculous. Posted up Timvgod and kept kicking it out on the doubles to Bonner who drained the 3. Elson and Butler didnt do anything besides dunk so who knows.

ps I had to create Butler but he was like a 74 rating which I thought was fair.

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, I'm a nerd.

davi78239
07-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes, I'm a nerd.

I've never gone as far as to create them, but that's cool dude. I actually haven't played my gamecube in forever, but I've been meaning to add the new people on just to see what it would be like (to a sense). I did this back like a month or so ago and had added J.R Smith and someone else we were rumored to get at the time. Hey, would you have made Javtokas all good and stuff if you created him?

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 11:46 AM
I've never gone as far as to create them, but that's cool dude. I actually haven't played my gamecube in forever, but I've been meaning to add the new people on just to see what it would be like (to a sense). I did this back like a month or so ago and had added J.R Smith and someone else we were rumored to get at the time. Hey, would you have made Javtokas all good and stuff if you created him?

Considering the amount of free time I have...probably.

Pero
07-21-2006, 11:51 AM

You must be joking....

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
You must be joking....

They had Elson at that so why the hell not. Nazr was a freakin 80.

Either way, it's my created player and I'll do what I want. :spin :elephant :drunk

MWILL
07-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Do they make games for the Gamecube anymore?

MWILL
07-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Nba live is a terrible game. I made the new roster on nba 2k6 and it ruled, but that's because I rule at the game. Bonner has an 86 3pt rating which is ridiculous. Posted up Timvgod and kept kicking it out on the doubles to Bonner who drained the 3. Elson and Butler didnt do anything besides dunk so who knows.

Butler a 74, sounds fair.

I have M. Ager at 79.

Doug Collins
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Butler a 74, sounds fair.

I have M. Ager at 79.

79 I would say is a little high, but he did put up 24 pts last night if I remember correctly. I'd probably put Ager around 75 or so then adjust once he actually plays. They dont really make games for the gamecube much anymore, especially sports games.

davi78239
07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
This will be the first time that NBA live will not come out for the Game Cube. Guess it's too complex now for that system. I heard a rumor though that they are supposed to be coming out with another nintendo system soon, so I'm sure it'll come out on that one in the future. By the way, who do you think will be on the cover for 07?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
This will be the first time that NBA live will not come out for the Game Cube. Guess it's too complex now for that system. I heard a rumor though that they are supposed to be coming out with another nintendo system soon, so I'm sure it'll come out on that one in the future. By the way, who do you think will be on the cover for 07?
It's gonna be TMAC. The new system is call the Nintendo Wii. I have to get it because I have a GameCube too. Here's the info on the system. (http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html)

And all the info on NBA live 07. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46332)

MWILL
07-21-2006, 12:52 PM
It's gonna be TMAC. The new system is call the Nintendo Wii. I have to get it because I have a GameCube too. Here's the info on the system. (http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html)

And all the info on NBA live 07. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46332)

Looks like they dumped the name "Revolution".

Are u trading in your GC for credit to get the Wii?

flipcritic
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
You ain't the only Doug. The problem though is that it's a lot tougher to maintain all the lineups in NBA 2K6 because obviously, the rookies ain't there. Recreating them is a bitch.

O yeah. Doug is right about NBA Live. You should switch davi. I was an NBA Live afficionado everytime I played it on the PC. But when I got my console, 2K6 was an eye opener. It doesn't have all the All-Star Weekend highlights (that may change with 2k7), but the gameplay is so much better.

dknights411
07-21-2006, 12:55 PM
I was surious as well last night, so I checked NBA Live '06. Surprisingly, Elson had a higher overall rating than Butler (61 and 56 I believe). In reality, Butler is probably closer to 64-65 (which was Rasho's rating btw).

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Looks like they dumped the name "Revolution".

Are u trading in your GC for credit to get the Wii?
Hell yes! That's at least $50 off in credit if I turn it in. Also I am turning in all my games. So this thing better be good. The only reason I choose the Wii over the other systems is because I can't stop playing Mario games.

MWILL
07-21-2006, 01:05 PM
79 I would say is a little high, but he did put up 24 pts last night if I remember correctly. I'd probably put Ager around 75 or so then adjust once he actually plays. They dont really make games for the gamecube much anymore, especially sports games.

I have his defense attributes similar to Josh Howards (I used Josh's the fresh out the box ratings, not the updated version) and I also have Ager's offense a little higher than Howard.

Nintendo makes games for their handhelds more than the consol, which is a crime or some sorts. I have a Gamecube, XBOX 360, & PS2. Of the 3 I felt cheated by Nintendo: making 1 Mario world/ Kart, & Zelda within 4 years is wrong.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2006, 01:08 PM
The Wii should be pretty badass. It's gonna be able to play the Wii games, Gamecube games, N64, SNES, and NES games. Plus DVDs.

Pero
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
They had Elson at that so why the hell not. Nazr was a freakin 80.

I guess the ratings are different with NBA 2k6 than with NBA Live.

MWILL
07-21-2006, 01:12 PM
You ain't the only Doug. The problem though is that it's a lot tougher to maintain all the lineups in NBA 2K6 because obviously, the rookies ain't there. Recreating them is a bitch.

O yeah. Doug is right about NBA Live. You should switch davi. I was an NBA Live afficionado everytime I played it on the PC. But when I got my console, 2K6 was an eye opener. It doesn't have all the All-Star Weekend highlights (that may change with 2k7), but the gameplay is so much better.

PREACH IT, FLIP!

I left Live years ago. Hell!, even the 360 version didn't look good.

Madden & NBA 2K: Kings of thier sport.

MWILL
07-21-2006, 01:18 PM
The Wii should be pretty badass. It's gonna be able to play the Wii games, Gamecube games, N64, SNES, and NES games. Plus DVDs.

All of that is impressive but, what about the new games. Would you buy a Wii off the bat if you knew they would make 1 version of your favorite games?

duncan2k5
07-21-2006, 01:20 PM
NBA live sucks. 2k games are better in both gameplay, graphics, and intangibles

Mixability
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Even with backwards compatibilities, i still don't see why people trade in systems......

financial reasons I'm sure, but it's only a minimal return on your original system...

to each his own..

rayray2k8
07-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Doug Collins plays video games??

MWILL
07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
NBA live sucks. 2k games are better in both gameplay, graphics, and intangibles

Your right, NBA live sucks.

In the NFL: I like Madden's gameplay little better, and they have a better season mode.

MWILL
07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Even with backwards compatibilities, i still don't see why people trade in systems......

financial reasons I'm sure, but it's only a minimal return on your original system...

to each his own..

You just have to trade them in even with minimal return (trade your system within 1 or 2 months before the new version releases. You get more value)

BTW, Who wants 3 or 4 different versions of the same system in their rooms collecting dust.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
All of that is impressive but, what about the new games. Would you buy a Wii off the bat if you knew they would make 1 version of your favorite games?
I already saw a list of some games that are gonna come out for it and I liked it.

Mixability
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
BTW, Who wants 3 or 4 different versions of the same system in their rooms collecting dust.

I wouldn't call the N64 a different version of the NES, would you?

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 02:01 PM
i played live06 PC version, with updated rosters,

i even created javtokas + scola, with ratings from the euroleague roster patch :D

lets just say i killed the regular season n playoffs with the team. But if you do dl the new rosters made from players, the nba players ratings some of them are change to reflect on last seasons stats. If you played with the rosters that is player ratings unedited, spurs rule.

davi78239
07-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Anyone have the PSP? How are the sports games on those, especially speaking of NBA Live?

clambake
07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Ummmm, what is Wii?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Ummmm, what is Wii?
A new Nintendo system that comes out in October.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2006, 02:19 PM
i played live06 PC version, with updated rosters,

i even created javtokas + scola, with ratings from the euroleague roster patch :D

lets just say i killed the regular season n playoffs with the team. But if you do dl the new rosters made from players, the nba players ratings some of them are change to reflect on last seasons stats. If you played with the rosters that is player ratings unedited, spurs rule.
What is the overall for Javtokas and Scola?

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 02:32 PM
What is the overall for Javtokas and Scola?

scola was around 84 javtokas was around 79-81 i think....

MWILL
07-21-2006, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't call the N64 a different version of the NES, would you?

I would have to say it's a tad different.

Since the Wii can now play the older games. Would you now trade in your GC? If you have one that is.

jman3000
07-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Wii can play the older games, but not in the traditional sense. You'll have to pay to download them so there won't be 5 different holes in the damn thing.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-21-2006, 03:47 PM
In the Zone 98'...whatchu know about dat?

That's the last basketball game I played and liked. Madden > Any basketball game.

Lately, MLB: The Show > Any basketball game.

MWILL
07-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Live 98' was better than In the Zone 98'.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Live 98' was better than In the Zone 98'.

You take that back! :elephant

MWILL
07-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I can't take that back but, I 'll agree with u on Madden.
Madden is the best football game.

Tobias
07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Nba live is a terrible game. ... nba 2k6 ... ruled.
:elephant

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 10:22 PM
nbalive94 megadrive :D that was my favourite 2d game, where you can actually break the ring

nbalive98 megadrive was alright

nbalive2000 probaly my favourite, cose duncan was on the cover :D:D:D

live2004 pc+ps2 probaly the best game in live series
live2005 pc didnt understand the new system
live2006 pc i rarely play it

caŽlo
07-22-2006, 06:54 AM
i just did this a couple of days ago.. the ranking went down to 86 :(

but damn.. butler can sure do rebound.. and he dunks! hehe.. not as good as a shotblocker as rasho though