PDA

View Full Version : Drove with the parking brake on

ABDENOUR POWER
07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I accidentally drove about a block with my cars parking brake still on. :oops The car seems fine, but is there anything I should check out? I don't know anything about cars ... could I have ruined something? I feel like such a dumbass right now. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2006, 10:15 PM
when u were drivin you should heard noises,

sorry drift king

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
I've done it before actually.

You don't even notice it, TDMVPDPOY.

And I did it for a lot longer than a block, let's just put it that way.

Marklar MM
07-21-2006, 10:21 PM
LOL. I drove my sisters mustang around the block with the parking brake on. :( I wondered why it didn't have the pickup.

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 10:26 PM
That's why I never use my fucking parking break.

I don't park on hills, so I don't use it.

For some reason, it was up when I did it.

I did wonder why i had to press harder on the accelerator than usual

Marklar MM
07-21-2006, 10:27 PM
And I hate that she sits so damn close to the steering wheel. I sit in her car, my head is touching the sun visor thing.

MissAllThat
07-21-2006, 10:29 PM
I accidentally drove about a block with my cars parking brake still on. :oops The car seems fine, but is there anything I should check out? I don't know anything about cars ... could I have ruined something? I feel like such a dumbass right now. :lol

Did you start to smell smoke or see sparks coming from the car? If not, then I'm sure you're fine. A block isn't very far at all. I'm glad my car beeps if I drive an inch with the parking brake still on.

jochhejaam
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Probably no damage but test it. Set the parking brake on maximum, put it in drive and give it a little gas (not close to other cars) to see if it holds.

jman3000
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM
one time my car stalled and i had to push it... my friend was with me and he was gonna steer it into the parking lot while i pushed... the stupid fucker had the parking break on and i pushed the fucking car 20 yards or so and was sweating bullets by the time i was done... when i saw the parking break on... i punched him in the chest as hard as i could.

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 10:32 PM
one time my car stalled and i had to push it... my friend was with me and he was gonna steer it into the parking lot while i pushed... the stupid fucker had the parking break on and i pushed the fucking car 20 yards or so and was sweating bullets by the time i was done... when i saw the parking break on... i punched him in the chest as hard as i could.
That wasn't very classy though...

jman3000
07-21-2006, 10:33 PM
That wasn't very classy though...

I lack class ... you fucking pendejo

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
I lack class ... you fucking pendejo
Exactly!

ABDENOUR POWER
07-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one to do something stupid like this. :lol

Marklar MM
07-21-2006, 10:44 PM

If you fall off a roof, someone else has also. If you are eaten by sharks, guess what...someone else has already been eaten by sharks. If you are killed by a fish in your fish tank, you guessed it...you are stupid. You get the point. Everyone drives with their parking brake on at some point in their life.

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Shit happens.

fuck it.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
If you fall off a roof, someone else has also. If you are eaten by sharks, guess what...someone else has already been eaten by sharks. If you are killed by a fish in your fish tank, you guessed it...you are stupid. You get the point. Everyone drives with their parking brake on at some point in their life.

Yeah, there are some real dumbasses out there. You name it, its been done. :lol What I meant to say was I'm glad I'm not the only one on these boards to do that.

Marklar MM
07-21-2006, 11:07 PM
OOOooooOOOO. I get ya. Ever shoot yourself in the balls because you stuck a bullet into your cars engine to act as a fuse because you had no spare fuses...you guessed it. Someone has already done that, and was on the Darwin list.

LuvBones
07-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I once drove with my parking brake on for like 20 minutes! :lol It was when I first got my car when I was 16 and it got so bad that my brakes stopped working while I was on the highway going 65! One of the scariest incidents in my life.. :lol

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
so what have we all learned today?

don't use your parking break.

MissAllThat
07-21-2006, 11:15 PM
instead just let your car roll down hills....umm no thanks, i'll pass

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 11:17 PM
instead just let your car roll down hills....umm no thanks, i'll pass
or don't park on hills, or use big rocks.

:tu

ABDENOUR POWER
07-21-2006, 11:19 PM
OOOooooOOOO. I get ya. Ever shoot yourself in the balls because you stuck a bullet into your cars engine to act as a fuse because you had no spare fuses...you guessed it. Someone has already done that, and was on the Darwin list.

Speaking of balls.... ever stick your balls in a bowling alley's ball washer? Ever cut off your nuts over the outcome of a sports game? Yep, some morons out there have done both of them. :lol

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Speaking of balls.... ever stick your balls in a bowling alley's ball washer? Ever cut off your nuts over the outcome of a sports game? Yep, some morons out there have done both of them. :lol
:lmao

you took that from that one article that was posted here a while ago didn't you??

the australian rugby fan who cut off his balls cus his team lost???

ABDENOUR POWER
07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
:lmao

you took that from that one article that was posted here a while ago didn't you??

the australian rugby fan who cut off his balls cus his team lost???

Haha, I didn't see it posted on here, so I dunno. I was thinking it was over European soccer, but I don't really remember the details. Its probably the same story. In any case, what an idiot. :lol

Spurfect
07-22-2006, 01:47 AM
I once drove with my parking brake on for like 20 minutes! :lol It was when I first got my car when I was 16 and it got so bad that my brakes stopped working while I was on the highway going 65! One of the scariest incidents in my life.. :lol

I have done the same! lol. I drove it for a while. and then I smelled something weird and I stopped the car in a shopping center. Still didn't know what it was so I kept driving. Then my brakes started failing! omg it was freakin scary, i finally realized what it was, the stupid parking brake.

...and it was DAD that had put the parking brake on my car, so I didn't even know it was on! lol

PM5K
07-22-2006, 02:25 AM
The only way to know is to test it, the parking brake should hold the car up to I believe 1200 or 1300 RPM's...

Nbadan
07-22-2006, 02:38 AM
The parking brake only engages the back two wheels, so you probably wore your rear brake pads a little, but no real damage. If you had driven with it for miles though you should bleed your breaks and get some new fluid in the braking system. If you've never changed the fluid and it gets real hot (for example, when you leave your PB on) it can break down chemically to condensation and then you're in deep shit.

AFE7FATMAN
07-22-2006, 03:14 AM
That's why I never use my fucking parking break.

I don't park on hills, so I don't use it.

For some reason, it was up when I did it.

I did wonder why i had to press harder on the accelerator than usual

One time I told my uncle that I was having to press real hard on the acclerator, but I had managed to get the car home, about five miles, after I had filled up for gas. He still laughs and Ask's me at reunions if I have learned not to have the brake on when I drive. I'm 62 years old, by the way, he never did let me borrow his car after that.