PDA

View Full Version : Preseason NCAA Basketball Poll

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2006/060705.htm

...these guys have Texas A&M 11!!!!!! YES! wait, and where is t.u.......i can't find them. oh, wait, there they are....all the way down at 20.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Well if you were any less conservative and a little less neocon, you'd realize UT will be this year's KU. They will start 4 freshmen and 1 sophmore by the season's end. Big fucking deal. Our closest chance was last tournament and any legitimate fan would admit that.

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Well if you were any less conservative and a little less neocon, you'd realize UT will be this year's KU. They will start 4 freshmen and 1 sophmore by the season's end. Big fucking deal. Our closest chance was last tournament and any legitimate fan would admit that.

...you might be assuming what i think here...never a good thing. you could ask....but maybe thats asking too much? however:

1. A&M has not had a really good bball team since 1980, this is exciting

2. let alone been ranked preseason ahead of t.u. in quite some time

...it is a big deal, and t.u. can go fuck itself. go lick bevo's nut sack...

Brutalis
07-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Wow. Noob rankings for sure.

johngateswhiteley
07-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow. Noob rankings for sure.

...i don't know. but i bet you the real polls have A&M in the top 25 preseason.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2006, 04:28 PM
...you might be assuming what i think here...never a good thing. you could ask....but maybe thats asking too much? however:

1. A&M has not had a really good bball team since 1980, this is exciting

2. let alone been ranked preseason ahead of t.u. in quite some time

...it is a big deal, and t.u. can go fuck itself. go lick bevo's nut sack...

A&M overaccomplsihed last season and showed the country that they know how to play some very good D. If you weren't a board noob you'd realize I gave a&m bball squad all the props any ut fan possibly could.

But if your chode explodes :smchode: this bad over a PRESEASON ranking and you expect me to be a yes man, then you need to go dress up in a white homoerotic outfit and yell some WHOOPS outside to get that support or something, cuz you won't get that shit here.

I'm not jealous, just not offended or psyched about this. I actually like the idea of as many big 12 teams ranked high as much as possible. It gives the conference a better name. Have fun with your preseason ranking.

cecil collins
07-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Aggies take what little victories they can get these days. Like only losing to Texas by 11 in aggieland. So who likes USC football and A&M basketball? One major chode.

mookie2001
07-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Aggies take what little victories they can get these days. Like only losing to Texas by 11 in aggieland. So who likes USC football and A&M basketball? One major chode.POST OF THE YEAR NOMINEE
rofl
johngates is this years marcus bryant, except less conservative

and just got smegma parfaited by cecil

spursincharge
07-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry but UTSA is missing. This poll is a farce.

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Aggies take what little victories they can get these days. Like only losing to Texas by 11 in aggieland. So who likes USC football and A&M basketball? One major chode.

chode? thats an interesting word. one might think you delved deep to find a blast that could fit a situation such as this. me?....i just think you blow your moms everyday.

...if you bothered to ask, i think you'd find i am a big fan of all the big sports at both universities...but we can't have that. we can't have someone actually asking questions on this board. thats farrrrr to progressive, its much easier to assume and go through life looking like.....what was it, ahh yes...a chode.

p.s. go fuck yourself.

can't be dated-
...your ignorance knows no bounds, apparently. i am simply excited that there is a buzz for Aggie Bball. a program that has suffered for quite some time.

1. i don't care if you agree
2. i don't care about your opinion
3. i don't care if you congratulated A&M last year
4. and i don't care if you agree with the rankings

...b/c none of those points are anything about what i am talking about. i am simply excited and looking forward to a season with some fairly high expectations....and how A&M is going to handle it. and frankly, to have higher expectations, by some media, than t.u. is fun. thats it.

Mr Dio
07-23-2006, 10:52 AM

So this is the clown that jumps schools like a lizard in a truck stop???

I'd read about some chick new to the board pumping up football on the West Coast & sucking up to the ag's basketball program.

Funny, how a certain new chick to the board & a chick in ARK are almost always posting one right after the other. :lol Online Romance!!! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2006, 10:58 AM
POST OF THE YEAR NOMINEE
rofl
johngates is this years marcus bryant, except less conservative

and just got smegma parfaited by cecil

More like retard of the year nominee.

A&M basketball is going to do great things this year, spare me the weak smack talk.

Mr Dio
07-23-2006, 11:03 AM
OK, let's hear everyone's Final Four for this yr.

I know no one can tell the future & much depends on injs & seedings, etc...but who do you think has the best chance?

cecil collins
07-23-2006, 11:05 AM
The aggies might stay in the top 25, maybe. You don't seriously think that they are the 11th best team do you?

So this is the clown that jumps schools like a lizard in a truck stop???

I'd read about some chick new to the board pumping up football on the West Coast & sucking up to the ag's basketball program.

Funny, how a certain new chick to the board & a chick in ARK are almost always posting one right after the other. Online Romance!!!
What?

Mr Dio
07-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I was making fun of something pointed out to me.
That JohnGaileyFarleyZacagriasWhitlee or whoever that is, almost always has a post followed/preceded by an Ark Hoggie fan.

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2006, 11:41 AM
I was making fun of something pointed out to me.
That JohnGaileyFarleyZacagriasWhitlee or whoever that is, almost always has a post followed/preceded by an Ark Hoggie fan.

Mr. Dio-
... it is interesting, but only at first thought. when you realize there are not many diverse opinions on this board it makes it necessary for people with other opinions to voice them. this board is full of t.u. homers...

Cecil-
...do i think the Aggies are really the 11th best team in the country? no, no i do not. however, i honestly do believe they are a top 25 team and will probably stay in the top 25 all year....that is if they start in the top 25. i think they may even crack the top 20...but we'll see.

Beer is Good
07-23-2006, 12:13 PM
More like retard of the year nominee.

A&M basketball is going to do great things this year, spare me the weak smack talk.
Great things? like what? Lose in the conf. tourney and promptly get bounced in either the 1st or 2nd round of the dance? If that is you're idea of big things then you truly are an agggggggiiiiieeeeeeeeee. Enjoy your mediocrity that makes you who you are.

mookie2001
07-23-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40744 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40744)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Great things? like what? Lose in the conf. tourney and promptly get bounced in either the 1st or 2nd round of the dance? If that is you're idea of big things then you truly are an agggggggiiiiieeeeeeeeee. Enjoy your mediocrity that makes you who you are.

:lol Like playing KU in the conference tourney finals and at the least a Sweet 16 run. You might want to wait and see how your little whorns do this year in hoops before you talk about mediocrity.

--------

As for mookie's link, what can I say? I didn't know that the kid's HS coach was going to be awarded with a job for delivering the kid to the t.u. campus, shit happens in recruiting sometimes.

Mr Dio
07-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I know, "Wrong thread".

RE: 2007 ag football team.
Just had to say, that IF no ags leave early, transfer or quit they will be returning possibly 9-10 on BOTH sides of the ball. You have quite a bit to look forward to in 2007 AHF. What road games do you all have in '07? Any potential bumps in the road? UT visits CS. Could be a long day for the Horns BUT, that is next yr.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't know about non-conference roadies (like everyone else in the B12 they keep shuffling their schedule dates around :lol ), but 2007 conference we'll have to go to Tech, OU, and Nebraska, which will be tough to say the least.

I have no clue what's going to happen this year. On the one hand we get better at QB, IMO, with McGee taking the helm, but then again our problem hasn't been offense since Fran got here, it's been the defense and we're stuck with a t.u. retread. Time will tell...

ATX Spur
07-23-2006, 03:02 PM
aggies suck. let's see them do anything that matters this year.

Supreme Allah
07-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Wisconsin number four=truf

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't know about non-conference roadies (like everyone else in the B12 they keep shuffling their schedule dates around :lol ), but 2007 conference we'll have to go to Tech, OU, and Nebraska, which will be tough to say the least.

I have no clue what's going to happen this year. On the one hand we get better at QB, IMO, with McGee taking the helm, but then again our problem hasn't been offense since Fran got here, it's been the defense and we're stuck with a t.u. retread. Time will tell...

agree. the problem has been our outrageously bad defense. however, this year will be different as we run a ball control style offense....and luckily our defense won't be on the field nearly as much as last year. look for some low scoring games against teams such as t.u., tech, ou, and nebraska...this is all relative of course. but this years team should resemble fran's teams at Alabama and TCU....a lot of 19-17 and 24-19 type of wins.

cecil collins
07-23-2006, 10:37 PM
agree. the problem has been our outrageously bad defense. however, this year will be different as we run a ball control style offense....and luckily our defense won't be on the field nearly as much as last year. look for some low scoring games against teams such as t.u., tech, ou, and nebraska...this is all relative of course. but this years team should resemble fran's teams at Alabama and TCU....a lot of 19-17 and 24-19 type of wins.
Texas will more likely be low scoring(although I doubt it), but it's hard to have a low scoring affair with Tech. Against them, somebody is gonna score 50+.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I think you're being wildly optimistic about our offense.

I'm ready for December to get here...

Back to back basketball games at LSU and at the Pond in Anaheim (Ca.) against UCLA. Gonna take three days off work and do the ultimate Aggie basketball road trip :tu

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2006, 04:34 AM
I think you're being wildly optimistic about our offense.

I'm ready for December to get here...

Back to back basketball games at LSU and at the Pond in Anaheim (Ca.) against UCLA. Gonna take three days off work and do the ultimate Aggie basketball road trip :tu

...count me in.
:tu

tlongII
07-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Ohio State should be ranked #1. They might not lose a single game this year.

MajorMike
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
KU gets the lucky schedule this year. The 3 South teams that will be good (OSU/UT/atm) all happen to have the same North schedule - which takes them to KU. KU gets to play at uo, tek and BU.

atm will be a decent team. The one thing they don't have this year will cause them to stumble. Every year recently they have been the underdog and have performed well in that role. This year, they will be the fav and much more is expected of them. I don't believe they will handle it very well.

KU will win going away, and most likely OSU/atm fighting for the #2 seed. atm still has lots of work to do. They beat BU twice by 2 and 4 points. They lost to K State. UT was their only quality win (and they were 1-2 against them). They were swept by a disappointing uo squad. They lost to a sub-par OSU team once and had to have a miracle buzzer beater the 2nd time to avoid getting swept. They should have lost at home to a horrid Mizzou team.

UT loses everyone. uo loses everyone and a coach. OSU is still very young and turnover prone. tek and Colo will both be down again. BU and Mizzou are both horrid. The only reason atm has a shot at #2 is because the rest of the B12 is down... way down.

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2006, 12:57 PM
KU gets the lucky schedule this year. The 3 South teams that will be good (OSU/UT/atm) all happen to have the same North schedule - which takes them to KU. KU gets to play at uo, tek and BU.

atm will be a decent team. The one thing they don't have this year will cause them to stumble. Every year recently they have been the underdog and have performed well in that role. This year, they will be the fav and much more is expected of them. I don't believe they will handle it very well.

KU will win going away, and most likely OSU/atm fighting for the #2 seed. atm still has lots of work to do. They beat BU twice by 2 and 4 points. They lost to K State. UT was their only quality win (and they were 1-2 against them). They were swept by a disappointing uo squad. They lost to a sub-par OSU team once and had to have a miracle buzzer beater the 2nd time to avoid getting swept. They should have lost at home to a horrid Mizzou team.

UT loses everyone. uo loses everyone and a coach. OSU is still very young and turnover prone. tek and Colo will both be down again. BU and Mizzou are both horrid. The only reason atm has a shot at #2 is because the rest of the B12 is down... way down.

A&M not only beat t.u., they beat colorado, auburn, tech, @ iowa state, nebraska, @ mizzou, tech again, colorado again, beat SYRACUSE, lose to LSU on last second shot, and lost to OU earlier on last second shot.

...you don't do them any justice for wins last year. still scorned from A&M's 62-23 ass kicking last year... :lol

leemajors
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
here's to preseason basketball rankings, out in JULY!

Beer is Good
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
:lol Like playing KU in the conference tourney finals and at the least a Sweet 16 run. You might want to wait and see how your little whorns do this year in hoops before you talk about mediocrity.

By the way, who did THE University of Texas beat to get to the conference final? You're little aggey that could squad that had a fluke year and will return to a lower state of mediocrity very soon. And we're talking hoops here - THE University of Texas's worst sport out of the main 3. Football - National Champions. Baseball - National Champions. Hell, even in hoops THE University of Texas has how many straight tournament appearances? Final Four appearance? Our weakest sport still does a hell of a lot more than your best aggey... know your role as the little red headed step child and shut your mouth. :lol

MajorMike
07-25-2006, 08:35 AM
A&M not only beat t.u., they beat colorado, auburn, tech, @ iowa state, nebraska, @ mizzou, tech again, colorado again, beat SYRACUSE, lose to LSU on last second shot, and lost to OU earlier on last second shot.

...you don't do them any justice for wins last year. still scorned from A&M's 62-23 ass kicking last year... :lol

They beat UT once and lost to them twice; once by 13.

They beat CU (not an NCAA team) at home by 3 when they were gifted a win by a 1st team all B12 player and career .750 free throw shooter missing the front end of a 1-and-1 with 1.6 to go down by 1.

They beat Auburn (12-16 RPI 174 not an NCAA team).

They beat tek twice (15-17 RPI 136 not an NCAA team).

They beat ISU at Hilton, no easy task, but ISU down last year (15-14 RPI 93 not an NCAA team) when a guy no one had ever heard of or never will again - Kenneth White, makes 2 miracle 3's (his only 2 shots of the game) and Carter (who was 0-5 from 3) hits 2 as well. Again, a career .770 free throw shooter missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with his team up 3 with a couple seconds left which allowed White's 1st miracle.

They beat Nebraska (19-13 RPI 96 not an NCAA team).

They beat CU again (still not an NCAA team).

They beat Cuse in the weirdest NCAA tourney in recent history, and the NCAA's best pure shooter had his worst game ever, scoring 2 points on free throws. Cuse didn't even deserve to be in the NCAA, nd would not have been but for their miracle run thru the Big East tourney, and were sorely over seeded.

They were 1-5 against top 50 RPI teams. They had 6 wins over 200+ RPI teams and another 2 over a terrible Baylor (by 2 and by 4). They had a bad loss to a 110 RPI K State and poor loses (RPI 88 UoP RPI 89 OSU). They only had 4 wins over NCAA teams (UT, Cuse, and 2 minor qualifiers - Southern and NW St).

NCAA basketball is all about who gets hot at the end of the year, just ask Geo Mason. As a 12-seed, atm was obviously one of the last teams in the NCAA. If not for them getting hot and finishing 8-1, no way they get in. That 8-1 run included the Colo gift, the 1.1 sec miracle against OSU, the win against UT (which, by the way, was another gift as Law hits a 3 pointer and another 1st team All B12 didn't know there were only 5 secs left and dribbled the clock out).

atm snuck up on a lot of people last year. This year, they won't have that luxury.

johngateswhiteley
07-25-2006, 09:00 AM
They beat UT once and lost to them twice; once by 13.

They beat CU (not an NCAA team) at home by 3 when they were gifted a win by a 1st team all B12 player and career .750 free throw shooter missing the front end of a 1-and-1 with 1.6 to go down by 1.

They beat Auburn (12-16 RPI 174 not an NCAA team).

They beat tek twice (15-17 RPI 136 not an NCAA team).

They beat ISU at Hilton, no easy task, but ISU down last year (15-14 RPI 93 not an NCAA team) when a guy no one had ever heard of or never will again - Kenneth White, makes 2 miracle 3's (his only 2 shots of the game) and Carter (who was 0-5 from 3) hits 2 as well. Again, a career .770 free throw shooter missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with his team up 3 with a couple seconds left which allowed White's 1st miracle.

They beat Nebraska (19-13 RPI 96 not an NCAA team).

They beat CU again (still not an NCAA team).

They beat Cuse in the weirdest NCAA tourney in recent history, and the NCAA's best pure shooter had his worst game ever, scoring 2 points on free throws. Cuse didn't even deserve to be in the NCAA, nd would not have been but for their miracle run thru the Big East tourney, and were sorely over seeded.

They were 1-5 against top 50 RPI teams. They had 6 wins over 200+ RPI teams and another 2 over a terrible Baylor (by 2 and by 4). They had a bad loss to a 110 RPI K State and poor loses (RPI 88 UoP RPI 89 OSU). They only had 4 wins over NCAA teams (UT, Cuse, and 2 minor qualifiers - Southern and NW St).

NCAA basketball is all about who gets hot at the end of the year, just ask Geo Mason. As a 12-seed, atm was obviously one of the last teams in the NCAA. If not for them getting hot and finishing 8-1, no way they get in. That 8-1 run included the Colo gift, the 1.1 sec miracle against OSU, the win against UT (which, by the way, was another gift as Law hits a 3 pointer and another 1st team All B12 didn't know there were only 5 secs left and dribbled the clock out).

atm snuck up on a lot of people last year. This year, they won't have that luxury.

yeah, they beat a lot of good teams. and you still don't give them ENOUGH credit. Not only did they beat Syracuse's ass they SHOULD have beat LSU...but you did not mention that.

...your pathetic. i don't care how you cut it, A&M played did very well last year. now, where i will agree with you is that it will be interesting to see how the Aggs deal with higher expectations...though i already mentioned that much earlier in the thread.

spursincharge
07-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Ohio State should be ranked #1. They might not lose a single game this year.

Not with Greg Oden out until January.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
By the way, who did THE University of Texas beat to get to the conference final? You're little aggey that could squad that had a fluke year and will return to a lower state of mediocrity very soon. And we're talking hoops here - THE University of Texas's worst sport out of the main 3. Football - National Champions. Baseball - National Champions. Hell, even in hoops THE University of Texas has how many straight tournament appearances? Final Four appearance? Our weakest sport still does a hell of a lot more than your best aggey... know your role as the little red headed step child and shut your mouth. :lol

I'd be laughing too if I were you, your post was a joke. Red headed step child? Fluke year? Lower state of mediocrity?

You obviously don't know much about Billy Gillispie, the players he's recruiting, or how he runs a program. It's a good thing there's a lot of weed in Austin, you're going to need it when you're trying to calm down from looking up at A&M in the basketball standings.

You also might want to check out your roster for this year - 5 of the top 6 players on the squad left. :lol

The Ags will finish ahead of the sips this year in hoops, in regular season, post-season, and will go farther in the tourney.

capt. mike -

The Ags were favored in every conference game except against KU, OSU, tu, and OU. They won every single game in conference they were favored last year. Coach Gillispie won't let them have a let down.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
They beat Cuse in the weirdest NCAA tourney in recent history, and the NCAA's best pure shooter had his worst game ever, scoring 2 points on free throws.

What's weird about it? The poster child for the Big East got locked down by one of the best defensive teams in the NCAA. The Ags' perimeter defensive specialist, Dominique Kirk, basically went Bruce Bowen on the guy. That's his role on this team, and he is damn good at it.

Beer is Good
07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
I'd be laughing too if I were you, your post was a joke. Red headed step child? Fluke year? Lower state of mediocrity?

You obviously don't know much about Billy Gillispie, the players he's recruiting, or how he runs a program. It's a good thing there's a lot of weed in Austin, you're going to need it when you're trying to calm down from looking up at A&M in the basketball standings.

You also might want to check out your roster for this year - 5 of the top 6 players on the squad left. :lol

The Ags will finish ahead of the sips this year in hoops, in regular season, post-season, and will go farther in the tourney.

capt. mike -

The Ags were favored in every conference game except against KU, OSU, tu, and OU. They won every single game in conference they were favored last year. Coach Gillispie won't let them have a let down.

I have followed gillispie, and I know his tendancy to bail on programs (ask UTEP). If you have faith in him you are crazy. I also know that UT may be very young, but the talent they're bringing in is much better than anything the ags can muster. It'll be tight because of the youth of Texas, but it'll also be fun to watch. Either way, neither team will do anything this year in terms of national contention. And I seriously doubt either will challenge KU for the Big XII

Beer is Good
07-25-2006, 02:55 PM
What's weird about it? The poster child for the Big East got locked down by one of the best defensive teams in the NCAA. The Ags' perimeter defensive specialist, Dominique Kirk, basically went Bruce Bowen on the guy. That's his role on this team, and he is damn good at it.
Syracuse was a fluke to win the Big East Tourney. They got hot and lucky at the right time and were completely spent by the time the dance started. That win was as close to meaningless as a win can be. The orange had nothing left and didnt belong there in the first place.

tlongII
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Not with Greg Oden out until January.

Where did you hear that? I thought he would be ready for the start of the season?

Brutalis
07-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Isn't OSU still on probation for illegal recruiting?

tlongII
07-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Isn't OSU still on probation for illegal recruiting?

Ohio State is not on probation currently as far as I know.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I have followed gillispie, and I know his tendancy to bail on programs (ask UTEP). If you have faith in him you are crazy.

Right, $200K a year in a shithole like El Paso makes it easy to bail on UTEP when he can get over a million a year and be king at A&M. Good fucking call there dumbass.

As for the national scene, I am confident my Ags will be a top 25 team. I am a donor and a season ticket holder, and will be going to the NCAA tournament to watch my Ags next March.

There's a reason ESPN is having Gameday in Lawrence, Ks. next Feb. 3 when A&M plays the Jayhawks, and it's because they know it will be one of the biggest games of the year in the B12.

Beer is Good
07-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I am a donor and a season ticket holder

Read what you wrote... and who's the dumbass? You actually pay good money to watch that second rate team play all season long? Why don't you just donate your money to the AIDS foundation and put it to decent use.

As for your coach... of course he left a shithole like UTEP for more money from a slightly lesser shithole like AM. Everyone knows that. But the truth is that if he does improve on last year there is going to be some big name BB school looking for a coach and willing to pay bigger money - and Billy boy will be gone gone gone. Face it, AM is not a hot spot and excellent coaches will use it as a stepping stone to get to the big leagues...

Like say THE University of Texas

But hey, enjoy watching your little team plug away at the season and eventually get BOUNCED from both the conference tourney and NCAA tourney.

Beer is Good
07-25-2006, 10:00 PM
There's a reason ESPN is having Gameday in Lawrence, Ks. next Feb. 3 when A&M plays the Jayhawkse
Is that the same ESPN that just fired the hands down BEST baseball announcer Harold Reynolds? For no given reason?

Yeah, everything they do makes sense... good fucking call dumbass.

MajorMike
07-26-2006, 08:15 AM

Which proves 2 points. #1, they didn't set the world on fire winning games they shouldn't have. They lost a couple they shouldn't have. #2, they were 10-6, nice to be sure. They took advantage of a few of the normal powers having bad years (OSU/tek/ISU).
tek and OSU will both be better, atm goes to Colo & Neb, teams that both finished just behind them, and atm isn't getting much better themselves.

Texas Tech W
@ Oklahoma St L
Oklahoma W
Kansas St LW
Iowa State W
@ Kansas L
Baylor W
@ Oklahoma L
@ Texas L
@ Colorado L
Oklahoma St W
Missouri W
Texas W
@ Texas Tech L
@ Baylor L
@ Nebraska W

They will lose one of the @ BU/Neb game. You could say that they will win @ uo or @ tek, but they could just as easily lose at home against UT or uo or OSU or tek.

9-7

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Which proves 2 points. #1, they didn't set the world on fire winning games they shouldn't have. They lost a couple they shouldn't have. #2, they were 10-6, nice to be sure. They took advantage of a few of the normal powers having bad years (OSU/tek/ISU).
tek and OSU will both be better, atm goes to Colo & Neb, teams that both finished just behind them, and atm isn't getting much better themselves.

Texas Tech W
@ Oklahoma St L
Oklahoma W
Kansas St LW
Iowa State W
@ Kansas L
Baylor W
@ Oklahoma L
@ Texas L
@ Colorado L
Oklahoma St W
Missouri W
Texas W
@ Texas Tech L
@ Baylor L
@ Nebraska W

They will lose one of the @ BU/Neb game. You could say that they will win @ uo or @ tek, but they could just as easily lose at home against UT or uo or OSU or tek.

9-7

...geez. thanks for the info, i was not sure on which games A&M was going to lose....thanks for clearing that up. also, when teams don't lose anybody of significance, bringing back their entire team, that usually means they are not getting any better. not to mention a heck of a recruiting class coming in....

but you're right, A&M won't be much better. :rolleyes
i nominate yours for worst post of the year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Read what you wrote... and who's the dumbass? You actually pay good money to watch that second rate team play all season long? Why don't you just donate your money to the AIDS foundation and put it to decent use.

As for your coach... of course he left a shithole like UTEP for more money from a slightly lesser shithole like AM. Everyone knows that. But the truth is that if he does improve on last year there is going to be some big name BB school looking for a coach and willing to pay bigger money - and Billy boy will be gone gone gone. Face it, AM is not a hot spot and excellent coaches will use it as a stepping stone to get to the big leagues...

Like say THE University of Texas

But hey, enjoy watching your little team plug away at the season and eventually get BOUNCED from both the conference tourney and NCAA tourney.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

That's the best you can come up with? The big leagues? That must be why Barnes thinks about leaving every year.

No one's going to outbid Bill Byrne for Coach Gillispie's services. Coach just moved his mom into a house near campus and they both love it there.

See you in the NCAAs, if your team makes it.

degenerate_gambler
07-26-2006, 08:49 AM
the atm men's hoops team is the one bright spot in the morass of mediocrity that is aggie athletics right now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-26-2006, 08:50 AM
They took advantage of a few of the normal powers having bad years (OSU/tek/ISU).

I hope Coach Sutton and the other B12 coaches are as naive about A&M's improvement this year as you.

MajorMike
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
...geez. thanks for the info, i was not sure on which games A&M was going to lose....thanks for clearing that up. also, when teams don't lose anybody of significance, bringing back their entire team, that usually means they are not getting any better. not to mention a heck of a recruiting class coming in....

but you're right, A&M won't be much better. :rolleyes
i nominate yours for worst post of the year.

Great, thanks. I'll save yours so I can bump it in March/April and make you look like even more of a dumbass. I'm good like that.

MajorMike
07-26-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope Coach Sutton and the other B12 coaches are as naive about A&M's improvement this year as you.

Hey wasn't Coach Fran's atm squad so much better last year and highly ranked at one time?

Next verse; same as the 1st.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Comparing Coach Fran and Coach Gillispie is pretty ignorant, they are nothing alike as coaches and the way they run their programs is about as polar opposite as you can get.

Like I said, I hope the coaches in the league are as ignorant as you. We return 7 of our top 8 players from last year, led by Acie and Joseph Jones, and added one of the top recruiting classes in the Big 12.

Anyone who is expecting a let down out of this team is in for major disappointment.

MajorMike
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Comparing Coach Fran and Coach Gillispie is pretty ignorant, they are nothing alike as coaches and the way they run their programs is about as polar opposite as you can get.

Like I said, I hope the coaches in the league are as ignorant as you. We return 7 of our top 8 players from last year, led by Acie and Joseph Jones, and added one of the top recruiting classes in the Big 12.

Anyone who is expecting a let down out of this team is in for major disappointment.

Was comparing the yearly overhyping of atm football to this years hoops.

I guess if I'm in for a major disappointment, I should get lessons from you on how to handle it. I'm sure you are used to it since Coach Fran has been there.

Beer is Good
07-26-2006, 12:31 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

That's the best you can come up with? The big leagues? That must be why Barnes thinks about leaving every year.

No one's going to outbid Bill Byrne for Coach Gillispie's services. Coach just moved his mom into a house near campus and they both love it there.

See you in the NCAAs, if your team makes it.
Is "the big leagues" too complex for you to understand. OK, I'll put it into words you can understand with your limited aggey education.... AM = small time program. Good Coach No Stay Long. Good Coach Leave Soon. AM not ever amount to nothing.

They both love it there? How do you know? Believing what you read or hear? That's not very intelligent. Barnes may leave, Gillispie may leave. We never know. But don't underestimate the alure of coaching a big name BB program over coaching the ags.

MajorMike
07-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Is "the big leagues" too complex for you to understand. OK, I'll put it into words you can understand with your limited aggey education.... AM = small time program. Good Coach No Stay Long. Good Coach Leave Soon. AM not ever amount to nothing.

They both love it there? How do you know? Believing what you read or hear? That's not very intelligent. Barnes may leave, Gillispie may leave. We never know. But don't underestimate the alure of coaching a big name BB program over coaching the ags.

:lol

Exactly right. Even more so, Billy is a Self product. Self taught him the value of doing well and moving to a better situation. Billy will move on after this year, esp if he manages to get aggy into the NCAA again. He will be a hot hot hot coach and will get many chances at big time spots... bigger than atm. atm is exactly like uo - football rules/football is the only sport no matter how good the others are. Take advantage and move on. Just like Self. He prolly got a couple good pointers on same subject from Fran.

degenerate_gambler
07-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Poor aggsy...

- A football program with a losing record under the coach they brought in to replace RC who in their eyes, the game had passed by. Now they play for their lives against Baylor or get bitchslapped by any number of teams.

- A baseball program that flat out sucks under their relatively new coach that Byrne hired from Nebraska. They used to actually win games under Mark Johnson.

- Now, all that's left for aggsy is to hang their hat on is hoops? The same sport where the school had gone without an NCAA appearance since '87? One year...and it was a good year I'll give you that. But I'm sure the ghosts of Barone/Watkins are still around and given the current state of men's athletics at atm, I'm sure you'll be back to your level of mediocrity sooner rather than later.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Poor aggsy...

- A football program with a losing record under the coach they brought in to replace RC who in their eyes, the game had passed by. Now they play for their lives against Baylor or get bitchslapped by any number of teams.

- A baseball program that flat out sucks under their relatively new coach that Byrne hired from Nebraska. They used to actually win games under Mark Johnson.

- Now, all that's left for aggsy is to hang their hat on is hoops? The same sport where the school had gone without an NCAA appearance since '87? One year...and it was a good year I'll give you that. But I'm sure the ghosts of Barone/Watkins are still around and given the current state of men's athletics at atm, I'm sure you'll be back to your level of mediocrity sooner rather than later.

A. franchione will have a great year this year. what people fail to realize is that he has not been running his offense, the way he wants, since he has been at A&M. this is b/c Mcneal was there and he thought he could win with Mcneal's ability...unfortunately the team did not have the horses for Mcneal to shine. you should see much improvement this year with a ball control offense that takes a lot of pressure of the defense.

what do we know of Mcgee so far?

1. against CU, he comes in for mop up duty and leads A&M to two straight touchdowns (i was there in boulder for the game) and he looked good
2. against OU, he comes in when Mcneal goes down and almost leads A&M all the way back for the win. this after the worst quarter in A&M football history, imo
3. against t.u., play outstanding and almost leads A&M past t.u. save a t.u. blocked punt (i was there as well)

...Mcgee is a winner, leader, and tons of intangibles

B. actually really angry at the firing of Mark Johnson. he was a fabulous coach...we'll see what happens

C. do you keep up with sports? how can A&M go back to mediocrity with the talent they are bringing in, the defense they play, and bringing back their entire team from last year?

MajorMike
07-27-2006, 09:34 AM
A. franchione will have a great year this year. what people fail to realize is that he has not been running his offense, the way he wants, since he has been at A&M. this is b/c Mcneal was there and he thought he could win with Mcneal's ability...unfortunately the team did not have the horses for Mcneal to shine. you should see much improvement this year with a ball control offense that takes a lot of pressure of the defense.

1. against CU, he comes in for mop up duty and leads A&M to two straight touchdowns (i was there in boulder for the game) and he looked good
2. against OU, he comes in when Mcneal goes down and almost leads A&M all the way back for the win. this after the worst quarter in A&M football history, imo
3. against t.u., play outstanding and almost leads A&M past t.u. save a t.u. blocked punt (i was there as well)

B. actually really angry at the firing of Mark Johnson. he was a fabulous coach...we'll see what happens

C. do you keep up with sports? how can A&M go back to mediocrity with the talent they are bringing in, the defense they play, and bringing back their entire team from last year?

Do you keep up with sports? Wasn't atm supposed to be a top team last year? Let's see - 2005, ave preseason 16 finish 5-6; 2004 ave 38 finish 7-4; 2003 ave 32 finish 4-8; 2002 ave 22 finish 6-6; 2001 ave 33 finish 8-4; 2000 ave 24 finish 7-5. atm hasn't finished a top 25 team since 1999, and the ONLY reason they did that year is because they were over ranked (again), starting the season at #8, then going 8-4 by getting destroyed by Neb then completely choking against UCLA in the Cotton; and somehow making the final poll at #23.

atm has been a disappointment every year since 1999. 1998 was a mild suprise and they actually had a shot to win it all, but choked at home against UT, then in thier bowl, then ended up not deserving their final ranking because they had to forfeit a game because of cheating.

degenerate_gambler
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM

I like McGee, I really do. He showed some guts and playmaking ability even while getting his dick knocked into the dirt by Texas and getting no help from anyone else. But he doesn't play defense and therein lies half of aggsy's problem. You think your pass def. was bad last year...worst in Div I. And Franny brings in Gary Darnell? :lol The blind leading the blind. The second problem is depth. Starter-wise, atm has some talent on both sides of the ball but their subpar recruiting leaves very little margin for error when someone goes down.

Your hoops team had one winning season. They didnt win the conference nor did they win the Big XII tourney but had a nice year nonetheless. Can Aggsy actually string together two .500+ seasons in a row? I think so!!!

johngateswhiteley
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Do you keep up with sports? Wasn't atm supposed to be a top team last year? Let's see - 2005, ave preseason 16 finish 5-6; 2004 ave 38 finish 7-4; 2003 ave 32 finish 4-8; 2002 ave 22 finish 6-6; 2001 ave 33 finish 8-4; 2000 ave 24 finish 7-5. atm hasn't finished a top 25 team since 1999, and the ONLY reason they did that year is because they were over ranked (again), starting the season at #8, then going 8-4 by getting destroyed by Neb then completely choking against UCLA in the Cotton; and somehow making the final poll at #23.

atm has been a disappointment every year since 1999. 1998 was a mild suprise and they actually had a shot to win it all, but choked at home against UT, then in thier bowl, then ended up not deserving their final ranking because they had to forfeit a game because of cheating.

reread my post, particularly post 58 A. then post.

johngateswhiteley
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
I like McGee, I really do. He showed some guts and playmaking ability even while getting his dick knocked into the dirt by Texas and getting no help from anyone else. But he doesn't play defense and therein lies half of aggsy's problem. You think your pass def. was bad last year...worst in Div I. And Franny brings in Gary Darnell? :lol The blind leading the blind. The second problem is depth. Starter-wise, atm has some talent on both sides of the ball but their subpar recruiting leaves very little margin for error when someone goes down.

Your hoops team had one winning season. They didnt win the conference nor did they win the Big XII tourney but had a nice year nonetheless. Can Aggsy actually string together two .500+ seasons in a row? I think so!!!

A&M has not had subpar recruiting, they have tons of talent. go back and look at their recruiting classes the past five yeas...two were better than t.u.'s and 2003, 2004, and 2005 were all very good. and guess what...those guys will be playing this year.

:madrun

MajorMike
07-27-2006, 01:12 PM
reread my post, particularly post 58 A. then post.

Did. Not only was it lame, excusey, typical whiney atm, also shows you again expect Fran to have a stellar year just like you did last year and the year before that, etc.

johngateswhiteley
07-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Did. Not only was it lame, excusey, typical whiney atm, also shows you again expect Fran to have a stellar year just like you did last year and the year before that, etc.

...not only is this response pure assumption, it lacks anything resembling an intelligent response.

1. you have no idea what i expected the previous years from Fran...but why should you take the time to ask, its not like your capable of asking questions or anything

2. i put forth reasons in that post as to why this years team will do better. and to right it off as an excuse or this and that just shows me you have no idea what you are talking about

...i don't have to excuse A&M from anything. they have played poorly and been coached, not to par, the last few years. this year should be different...that is all cock-smoke.

MajorMike
08-09-2006, 12:41 PM
...not only is this response pure assumption, it lacks anything resembling an intelligent response.

1. you have no idea what i expected the previous years from Fran...but why should you take the time to ask, its not like your capable of asking questions or anything

2. i put forth reasons in that post as to why this years team will do better. and to right it off as an excuse or this and that just shows me you have no idea what you are talking about

...i don't have to excuse A&M from anything. they have played poorly and been coached, not to par, the last few years. this year should be different...that is all cock-smoke.

You are right:
1) I'm sure you expected atm to fall short of a bowl last year
2) I'm haven't heard those same arguements for atm 'being better' this year every year

You are right:
this year should be different...that is all cock-smoke.

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
You are right:
1) I'm sure you expected atm to fall short of a bowl last year
2) I'm haven't heard those same arguements for atm 'being better' this year every year

You are right:

1. i did not expect A&M to be stellar last year
2. a stellar season does not = a bowl season it equals a bcs bowl, imo
3. yes, i expected A&M to play in an alamo bowl type of bowl game (last year)
4. anything less than 8 wins and a bowl game this year is a complete failure if you ask me. we have the players and schedule to win about 9-10 games, imo and go to the holiday bowl...maybe even the cotton bowl

...but, this thread is about roundball.

MajorMike
08-10-2006, 10:44 AM
...but, this thread is about roundball.

07-24-2006, 11:57 AM
The 1st football ref in the thread was made BY (drumroll please):

Thank you for coming full circle on your sports knowledge.

johngateswhiteley
08-13-2006, 08:42 AM
07-24-2006, 11:57 AM
The 1st football ref in the thread was made BY (drumroll please):

Thank you for coming full circle on your sports knowledge.

..its called a joke or a "shot" it is not suppose to redirect the entire thread. you're reaching here...

johngateswhiteley
08-13-2006, 08:50 AM

yep, A&M has struggled...so whats your point? i don't think those struggles will continue this year. my prediction is A&M will finish in the top 20...you can remember that and hold me to it.

1. in 1998, A&M had a great team...losing to t.u. was ridiculous. i remember watching that game from my ranch

2. i was at the UCLA game (cotton bowl). man i thought we had them, but UCLA was very good...and we did not choke that game away. a 10 point lead against a team that is better than you is not a choke job

MajorMike
08-14-2006, 08:33 AM
yep, A&M has struggled...so whats your point? i don't think those struggles will continue this year. my prediction is A&M will finish in the top 20...you can remember that and hold me to it.

1. in 1998, A&M had a great team...losing to t.u. was ridiculous. i remember watching that game from my ranch

2. i was at the UCLA game (cotton bowl). man i thought we had them, but UCLA was very good...and we did not choke that game away. a 10 point lead against a team that is better than you is not a choke job

Ok. I will. For the record, getting beat by a better team is not choking. Letting a team come back to beat you after you have them defeated is.

Beer is Good
08-18-2006, 12:09 AM
The aggs no longer have a sport to hang their collective hats on. They used to have football, but these days the UT reserves could beat the ags. Must suck to be wearing maroon in the fall while your team gets raped on the field over and over.

I guess they can become a BBall school, but NOT winning your conference regular season and NOT winning your conference tourney grouped with getting a lucky draw against a defeated Syracuse team is not much to hang a hat on either.