PDA

View Full Version : UT-Ohio State comment..

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2006, 04:55 PM
When Mack Brown agreed to the back to back ohio state game, he specifically requested that when they play UT in Austin, it be in the middle of the day for maximum Texas heat to be a factor.

We played Ohio State AT NIGHT, at their silly ass horseshoe, and now because htey are media jerkoffs, ABC pushed the game to night. No day game.

Bull shit if you ask me. Several I've talked to mentioned how the heat would be a bigger factor than I originally thought it would be.

What are ya'lls opinions? I never gave weather much thought as a factor unless it was freezing and the team was from california, texas, or florida.

But what do ya'll think about the Texas heat for a team from Ohio? The game is mid september so thats about as hot as it gets for us. Will those yankee buckeyes be affected? Or is it mostly psychological--one mention on espn, becomes 4 mentions on national newspapers, then filters to the players, who get affected only in their mind, etc.

mookie2001
07-22-2006, 05:31 PM
yeah but i heard ohio st has lost 5 out of 6 out of the last six road night games

still though it would be to texas' advantage to start the game at like 2

Mr Dio
07-22-2006, 06:53 PM
I think the heat would've been a factor.
Not a real huge one that would've given UT a great edge though.

Freakin' tickets on ebay are already apprx $300 for end zone seats way up.
I'm going though. No freakin' way I'm going to miss that game.

scott
07-22-2006, 06:55 PM
It'll still be hotter than hell at 7 or 8pm...

scott
07-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I mean... it's at least 20 degrees hotter than when I woke up this morning. Extropolate that! You can't deny global warming!

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2006, 07:58 AM
...it gets hot in Ohio guys. i have been to a game @ Ohio State as well as been to their campus two weeks ago....its hot as hell. maybe not as humid as t.u., but uncomfortable nonetheless.

Brutalis
07-23-2006, 10:22 AM
The Heat will make zero difference. It gets just as hot just different humidity. And as smart as the OSU program is I'm sure they'd be prepared for it anyways.

Mr Dio
07-23-2006, 10:32 AM
The game @ the Shoe last yr was very humid.

Beer is Good
07-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Rookie QB for UT and rookie LB for OSU are gonna be the deciding factors. UT wins.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Humidity makes a huge difference in the heat you feel though.

degenerate_gambler
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
If ABC tells 'em to suit up and go play in a pasture at 10 a.m., they'd do it.

tlongII
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Ohio State be gettin some revenge!

reydawg
07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
"Texas Heat" is overrated. It's like all those Buckeyes saying "nobody can win in the horseshoe at night"

Both teams have to play in the heat. It gets hot in the summer in OH-IO too. Heat may be a factor in the game, but it won't give Texas an advantage.

Ballcox
07-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Well, kick-off is set for 7pm, right? So, early September in Austin, it's still going to be hot and humid as hell. I don't think that it will have that big of an effect on tOSU, but where it will play to our advantage is the incredible depth we have on both sides of the ball. As long as we don't make stupid mistakes, I think we wear down tOSU by the 2nd half and win a close game.