PDA

View Full Version : Voting is a Lot Like Sex

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 01:40 PM
No matter who you vote for, you're fucked (http://www.reason.com/0411/fe.dc.whos.shtml)

Louis Rossetto

Along with his partner Jane Metcalfe, Rossetto started Wired.

2004 vote: Bush may be wrong about everything else, but he is right about the issue that matters most for my children’s future: stopping Islamic fascism. And Manchurian candidate Kerry and the Copperheads, er, Democrats, are just a joke, preferring to act as though this probably generation-spanning war is about politics, not the survival of the West.

2000 vote: I am proud to say that I have never voted for president in my life, despite having eight opportunities to do so, and really resent being forced to do so now.

Most embarrassing vote: This one -- but the alternative of not voting and allowing a billionaire currency speculator like George Soros to pick the next U.S. president is too dire to contemplate.

Favorite president: Chauncey Gardner, from Being There. He was even less verbose than my next favorite president, Calvin Coolidge.

P.J. O’Rourke

O’Rourke is H.L. Mencken Research Fellow at the Cato Institute and author, most recently, of Peace Kills (Atlantic Monthly Press).

2004 vote: George W. Bush, because I don’t want Johnnie Cochran on the Supreme Court.

2000 vote: George W. Bush. (I always vote Republican because Republicans have fewer ideas. Although, in the case of George W., not fewer enough.)

Most embarrassing vote: A 1968 write-in for "Chairman Meow," my girlfriend’s cat. It seemed very funny at the time. As I mentioned, this was 1968.

Favorite president: Calvin Coolidge -- why say more?

Drew Carey

Carey stars in Drew Carey’s Green Screen Show, beginning October 7 on the WB.

2004 vote: Quit pretending that it matters, would you? Can you vote for all the nefarious cabals that really run the world? No. So fuck it.

2000 vote: I voted Libertarian, for all the good it did me.

Most embarrassing vote: Is it considered embarrassing to cast a vote out of principle for someone you know doesn’t have a snowball’s chance of winning? Oh, OK. Then they’re all embarrassing.

Favorite president: Andrew Jackson, because he’s what a lap dance costs (and because, ironically, he opposed having a National Bank).

Charles Murray

Murray is W.H. Brady Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and author, most recently, of Human Accomplishment (HarperCollins).

2004 vote: Reluctantly -- very reluctantly -- George Bush. I find the Democrats so extremely obnoxious that I have to vote against them, and I can’t do that voting Libertarian.

2000 vote: Harry Browne.

Most embarrassing vote: For Bob Dole in 1996, because I found Bill Clinton so extremely obnoxious that I had to vote against him. Probably my 2004 vote will be my second most embarrassing ballot.

Favorite president: Gotta be George Washington. He was acutely conscious that everything he did would be a precedent, and just about every choice he made was right.

Bob Poole

Poole is the founder, former president, and current director of transportation studies at the Reason Foundation. He served on the Bush-Cheney transportation policy task force during the 2000 campaign and on the administration’s transition team.

2004 vote: Bush, reluctantly, despite his troubling expansions of the federal government and threats to civil liberties. The alternative is simply worse. We elect not an individual but a consulting team, and we’ll have a far better team in place with Bush than with Kerry.

2000 vote: Bush.

Most embarrassing vote: Richard Nixon in 1968. What a disaster! But at least he kept his promise to eliminate the draft.

Favorite president: Thomas Jefferson, despite his flaws, for his intellect, limited government philosophy, and strong support for separation of church and state.

Hook Dem
10-20-2004, 04:31 PM
"Voting is a lot like sex"........Please don't insult sex! :lol

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Voting is a lot like sex...

What? That I only get to do it once every 4 years? :(

JoeChalupa
10-20-2004, 05:09 PM
That is why I vote on November 2.
No pre-mature voting for me!

Hook Dem
10-20-2004, 05:13 PM
What? That I only get to do it once every 4 years? :(
Was it good for you? :lol

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Was it good for you? :lol

Can't recall.....it's been almost 4 years. :fro

Hook Dem
10-20-2004, 09:44 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ClintSquint
10-21-2004, 10:32 AM
4 years!! Is there something wrong with your hands?
Or pehaps you need to call Bill O'Reilley.

Useruser666
10-21-2004, 10:37 AM
That's what mock errr...elections are for! Unless where ever you go they let you vote in couples, your sex life stinks.

EmerilLagasse
10-21-2004, 11:52 AM
After voting, I like a good, BAM!, roll in the hay.

FromWayDowntown
10-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Can't recall.....it's been almost 4 years.

Luckily, there are so many "polling" opportunities between elections . . . .