PDA

View Full Version : Kerry not Excommunicated After All

Nbadan
10-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Vatican denies it responded to lawyer seeking Kerry's excommunication

By Cindy Wooden
Catholic News Service

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- An official at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith said a California canon lawyer seeking a formal decree of heresy against Sen. John F. Kerry of Massachusetts, Democratic presidential nominee, has misrepresented his contact with the Vatican office.

"The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has had no contact with Mr. (Marc) Balestrieri," said Dominican Father Augustine DiNoia, undersecretary of the congregation.

"His claim that the private letter he received from (Dominican) Father Basil Cole is a Vatican response is completely without merit," Father DiNoia told Catholic News Service Oct. 19, declining to discuss the matter further.

Balestrieri is the head of De Fide, described on its Web site as an organization created "to deal with the burgeoning scandal of Catholic politicians supporting the 'right to choose' murder."

In an Oct. 15 interview on the Eternal Word Television Network and in an Oct. 18 statement posted on his Web site, Balestrieri said he had "received a written response prompted by the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith affirming that Catholic politicians who persist in supporting the right to abortion are 'automatically excommunicated.'"

EDITED BY ADMIN: COPYRIGHT

END

Catholic News (http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0405749.htm)

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Good, should he ever decide to run for the papacy.

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Good, should he ever decide to run for the papacy.

Could you imagine that campaign? :lmao

exstatic
10-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Could you imagine that campaign?

He would have to learn to blow white smoke up their asses.[/collegeofcardinalshumor]

Useruser666
10-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Could you imagine that campaign? :lmao

The latest amendment to the constitution. "No person can become president if they have broken any of the ten commandments!"

The president could wear a cool hat too! The challenge would have to dress like the devil at every debate.

JoeChalupa
10-20-2004, 03:52 PM
As a Catholic, I felt John Kerry gave a great answer during the debates on his stance on abortion as a Catholic.

I feel the same way. If I were an elected official, I would not apply my personal religious beliefs on others.

And I don't want to start another "how can you be against abortion but be pro-choice" debate again.

Just think he gave a good honest answer.

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 03:53 PM
All the flip-flopping on the whole "spilling the seed" issue.......

Useruser666
10-20-2004, 03:57 PM
I pretend to believe in what you want me to believe in.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
As a Catholic, I felt John Kerry gave a great answer during the debates on his stance on abortion as a Catholic.

I feel the same way. If I were an elected official, I would not apply my personal religious beliefs on others.

And I don't want to start another "how can you be against abortion but be pro-choice" debate again.

Just think he gave a good honest answer.
Yeah, but Joe, here's the hipocracy of his stance on abortion:

"I believe that I can't legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith."
That's all well and good but, then he added:

"My faith affects everything that I do, in truth. There's a great passage of the Bible that says, 'What does it mean, my brother, to say you have faith if there are no deeds? Faith without works is dead.'"

"And, I think that everything you do in public life has to be guided by your faith, affected by your faith, but without transferring it in any official way to other people."

"That's why I fight against poverty. That's why I fight to clean up the environment and protect this earth."

"That's why I fight for equality and justice. All of those things come out of that fundamental teaching and belief of faith."
Okay, somebody tell me how Kerry can explain why it is okay for his faith to shape his stands on social welfare programs and the environment when he vows never to let his stands on abortion and embryonic stem cells be shaped by that same faith?

JoeChalupa
10-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Works for me.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Works for me.
That figures.