PDA

View Full Version : What happened at Wal Mart last night???

gospursgojas
07-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Last night on my way home from work (around 10pm), my wife asked me to pick up something from WalMart. The closest one to my house is the one on I10 and DeZavala. So anyway when I get there, there are police cars blocking all the entrances and about 100 or so people (employees and customers) standing in the parking lot, huddled around. I drove up a little closer to see what was going on, and an employee told me that WalMart was going to be shut down for another hour or so. I asked what was going on and she said "ohh there was a situation inside the store that is being handled as quickly as possible." Knowing that she wasn't allowed to talk about what happened, I proceeded to HEB which is just a block away (other side of I10) and they were packed as hell. When I got to the cashier she was like 'damn' b/c of all the people and I told about WalMart and she said that she heard it was a bomb threat but that just what someone told her they THOUGHT had happened.

CharlieMac
07-23-2006, 11:04 AM
There's a lot of good looking people at that walmart.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Code Blue, bitches.

RashoFan
07-23-2006, 11:33 AM
^
you know what code blue is???

ashbeeigh
07-23-2006, 11:36 AM
If it were a bomb threat wouldn't it have been a code black? (God I love Grey's Anatomy)

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-23-2006, 12:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wal-Mart_intercom_codes

And I posted before I read that site...I just took a lucky guess since Wal-Mart's blue.

ShoogarBear
07-23-2006, 12:04 PM
I heard some guy who had been banned from H.E.B. was trying to buy a beer there . . .

ShoogarBear
07-23-2006, 12:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wal-Mart_intercom_codes

And I posted before I read that site...I just took a lucky guess since Wal-Mart's blue.Funny how there's no code for a medical emergency.

EDIT: I guess they use code white for that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
During an incident, the term "bomb threat" is not to be used, instead it must be referred to as an "incident" or a "code blue." This is due to the negativity of the term Bomb Threat; it is believed that this will lead to less panic within the store.

"Bomb Threat" can be positive?

Johnny_Blaze_47
Funny how there's no code for a medical emergency.

I'm guessing you also don't want to say "medical emergency." Probably what Code White is for.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh, my bad...not that anyone cared. Code Black is mass casualties.