07-24-2006, 09:57 AM
RE: Pat Green In Concert
Date: 25 August
Place: River Road Icehouse, New Braunfels

http://patgreen.com/store/images/products/cannonball-lg.jpg

Ginofan
07-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Gracias Joe!

Perhaps I'll be able to make it. See you there?

DirkAB
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
That gif of Duncan showing his tounge ring creeps me out for some reason.

DirkAB
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
oops, accidental repost.

katyon6th
07-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Pat Green looks so damn trendy in that pic.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Gracias Joe!

Perhaps I'll be able to make it. See you there?

I hope so. I should be back in SA by that time (provided nothing comes up that wants me ASAP).

E20
07-24-2006, 02:02 PM
That gif of Duncan showing his tounge ring creeps me out for some reason.
Duncan isn't your average African American. :lmao
He likes WWE, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic and Pokemon Cards. :lmao

07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Haven't heard "Cannonball", but if it is like his last outing, Pat has officially gone Nashville.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
This motherfucker better not be stealing Damien Rice songs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Haven't heard "Cannonball", but if it is like his last outing, Pat has officially gone Nashville.

It may just be me, and I'm not saying you're saying this, but what exactly does that mean?

I don't know enough about country music to know the huge difference (I mean, I can hear the style differences between the earlier PG albums, Cory Morrow, etc.), but I just like what I like.

I heard one PG song one day (Wave On Wave) and I started getting into it and ended up becoming a big fan. Seen him in concert two or three times, which is officially the most I've ever seen anybody (Gary Allan & Sarah McLachlan twice each).

I just don't understand why a lot of people seem to be slamming PG for trying to make some money doing what he does.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 02:32 PM
This motherfucker better not be stealing Damien Rice songs.

And leave it to Manny to always be subtle in what he's thinking about. :lol

07-24-2006, 02:52 PM
It may just be me, and I'm not saying you're saying this, but what exactly does that mean?

I don't know enough about country music to know the huge difference (I mean, I can hear the style differences between the earlier PG albums, Cory Morrow, etc.), but I just like what I like.

I heard one PG song one day (Wave On Wave) and I started getting into it and ended up becoming a big fan. Seen him in concert two or three times, which is officially the most I've ever seen anybody (Gary Allan & Sarah McLachlan twice each).

I just don't understand why a lot of people seem to be slamming PG for trying to make some money doing what he does.

I'm not "slamming" him by any means, I just don't care for his "new sound". To me, his new stuff sounds like the rest of the pablum coming from Nashville these days. I'd much rather listen to "Ruby's Two Sad Daughters" or "George's Bar" than "Wave".

If you like Pat and Cory, I'd also suggest:

Slaid Cleaves
Mike McClure
Reckless Kelly
Todd Snider
Brian Burns
Tift Merritt
Trish Murphy
Sisters Morales
Bonnie Bishop

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm not "slamming" him by any means, I just don't care for his "new sound". To me, his new stuff sounds like the rest of the pablum coming from Nashville these days. I'd much rather listen to "Ruby's Two Sad Daughters" or "George's Bar" than "Wave".

If you like Pat and Cory, I'd also suggest:

Slaid Cleaves
Mike McClure
Reckless Kelly
Todd Snider
Brian Burns
Tift Merritt
Trish Murphy
Sisters Morales
Bonnie Bishop

If it's a difference in sound, which I can hear what you're talking about, then that's totally cool...I just wonder about the people who've called him a sell-out and such for signing with a major label, et al.

I've already promised ASF I'm going to buy the Reckless Kelly DVD/CD/HD-DVD/Laserdisc/8-Track/Chinga su madre new release set when it comes out.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Johnny Blaze, have you checked your PM's?

Check yo box, ninja.

FromWayDowntown
07-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Pat Green sold me school books the morning after a gig he played at the old Beer Garden in Lubbock while he was still a relative unknown. I'll never forget the gig, because one of my classmates got blasted drunk and kept shelling out $100's to the band to keep them playing the Smokey and the Bandit theme song. The biggest ovation of the night came when the bankroll was asked to leave the venue, but that had nothing to do with PG playing a bad gig.

leemajors
07-24-2006, 03:33 PM

in general, there is little difference between pop music and country save instrumentation.

KEDA
07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
(provided nothing comes up that wants me ASAP).

yeah right, is a woman going to call you?

:lmao

just kidding my asian friend!

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah right, is a woman going to call you?

:lmao

just kidding my asian friend!

"I am what I don't eat."

-Billy Woodward
25 March 2006

KEDA
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
read title

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2006, 09:22 PM
read title

Took you long enough.

AlamoSpursFan
07-25-2006, 01:19 AM
If it's a difference in sound, which I can hear what you're talking about, then that's totally cool...I just wonder about the people who've called him a sell-out and such for signing with a major label, et al.

I've already promised ASF I'm going to buy the Reckless Kelly DVD/CD/HD-DVD/Laserdisc/8-Track/Chinga su madre new release set when it comes out.

Dude, you forgot cassette tape, Betamax, VHS, LP, and player piano. That sumbitch is gonna be playable on EVERYTHING! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5VQcEKxk68

I'm not sure about the whole sell-out tag, I mean, there is not one act currently playing music that wouldn't sell their bass player's mama for a fat record deal. But I loved Pat Green's early stuff, and it seems the more he puts out, the less I like. He's still awesome in concert, though.

And I'd just like to point out that Reckless will be at Gruene Hall August 18th. Also, I'd recommend checking out Eli Young Band (http://www.myspace.com/eliyoungband), who will be there on the 25th of the same month.

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey wait...PG's at River Road on the 25th of August? Cool...maybe that'll thin out the Gruene Hall crowd for Eli Young.

Glad I noticed that...I'll be at GH that night!