PDA

View Full Version : After securing the Alcoholics Anonymous vote...

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 03:51 PM
...with her ground-breaking cure for arthritis, Teresa Heinz-Kerry went after the public school teacher and librarian vote.

Heinz Kerry Separates Self From Mrs. Bush (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20041020/ap_on_el_pr/heinz_kerry_1&printer=1)

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But, I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up."

JoeChalupa
10-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi, I'm Joe and I'm a.....oh, never mind.

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah that'll lock up the married mother vote for Kerry.

A real woman like Teresa Bouvier-Heinz-Kerry had to work hard to get where she is at today, no doubt. Spreading her legs for a billionaire must've been tough.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah that'll lock up the married women vote. Real women like Teresa Bouvier-Heinz-Kerry work hard, no doubt.
Good point, Marcus...I forgot how well that statement will play to the millions of stay-at-home moms. Particularly those raising twins.

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 04:04 PM
But, I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up.

:lol :lol :rollin

Useruser666
10-20-2004, 04:29 PM
It's tough to see things the way a 66 year-old does when your a 57 year-old whipper-snapper!

Shelly
10-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Heinz Kerry Sorry for Laura Bush Comment

53 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry told a newspaper she doesn't know if Laura Bush has ever had "a real job." She apologized Wednesday for having forgotten about the first lady's 10-year stint as a schoolteacher and librarian.

In an interview published Wednesday, USA Today asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit — she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Laura Bush worked in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In a statement issued Wednesday, Heinz Kerry said: "I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full-time mom and full-time in work force, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as first lady and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for Mrs. Bush, said the first lady was not upset by the comments.

"Mrs. Bush knows it's not always easy when your husband runs for president," Johndroe said. "She knows that some days there's lots of interviews where lots of things are said, and knows that everyone looks forward to Nov. 2 coming around."

But Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush (news - web sites), said Heinz Kerry's apology "made it worse because she left out the very important real job of a mother. Clearly she knows Laura Bush was a mother ... who chose to stay home and rear her family. That's a noble choice that should be celebrated not denigrated."

Linkorama (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=6&u=/ap/heinz_kerry)

Samurai Jane
10-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Say what you want about George, but Laura sure is a classy lady!

Shelly
10-20-2004, 06:28 PM
I think Mrs. HeinzhypenKerry has been spiking the ketchup. Or booze may be one of the ingredients in Heinz 57 sauce.

Samurai Jane
10-20-2004, 06:31 PM
That's the impression I get..

ANYWHO, I hear there are alot of women, stay at home moms in particular, are mad as heck at the implications in her statements.

Shelly
10-20-2004, 06:33 PM
I don't blame them. I never understood why a SAHM is a bad thing.

whottt
10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah that'll lock up the married mother vote for Kerry.

A real woman like Teresa Bouvier-Heinz-Kerry had to work hard to get where she is at today, no doubt. Spreading her legs for a billionaire must've been tough.

LOL no doubt!

I can't believe we are faced with the possibility of this classless skankbag in the whitehouse. She is living proof that money does not = class.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
I guess to look on the bright side we wouldn't have to pay Chiraq and his government two billion, THK could just fuck 'em all for votes.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Let's just make this the "Heinz-Kerrys and all their Demoncratic Friends are Skanks" thread.

http://www.drudgereport.com/logo9.gif

Kerry team slams reports VP Cheney had a flu shot (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashfs.htm)
Wed Oct 20 2004 20:02:09 ET

Senator John Kerry's presidential campaign Wednesday slammed Vice President Dick Cheney, a heart patient, over reports he had a flu shot, despite a shortage of the vaccine.

The campaign complained that Treasury Secretary John Snow and Senate Majority leader Bill Frist also had jabs, despite Bush's advice that the young and healthy did not need to get an injection.

"Once again, the Bush administration proves that it is the 'do as we say, not as we do' White House," the campaign said in a statement issued in Pittsburgh where Kerry was campaigning.

"The very week that (health) secretary (Tommy) Thompson is telling Americans to keep calm, Dick Cheney, John Snow and Bill Frist are getting flu shots."

"It is unfortunate that the Bush administration failed to do the work necessary to ensure that all Americans, including those most at risk, had been able to get shots as well."

Cheney would fit into the government's definition of those most vulnerable to a looming influenza epidemic as he has a long history of heart disease.

Bush last week suggested in the final presidential debate that the young and healthy forgo the annual shot amid a shortage of vaccine that Kerry has blamed on the president's management of the health system.

END
The man is a fucking heart patient, the Vice President of the United States, and campaigning which necessarily causes one to come into contact with hundreds or thousands of people a day.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 08:13 PM
"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

10 minutes prior:

"Goddamnit, you bitch! Would you lay off the raisins before making any public statements? You're killing me here!"

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Let's just call it the "Down-to-the-wire-Demoncratic-desperation-thread"

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2004/10/images/104710.jpg
Biden: Bush 'brain dead'... (http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2004/10/20bidenbushbraind.html)

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
More Demoncratic Desperation...

In Minnesota the state Republican party has brought suit to enforce the state law requiring partisan balance among the election judges at polling places. (Click here (http://www.startribune.com/stories/587/5039480.html) for the Minneapolis Star Tribune story on the case.)

Sounds fair, but for some reason — I can't imagine what it might be — the thought appears to strike fear into the heart of Democratic operatives. The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party is fighting the lawsuit as though victory hinges on noncompliance with the law. The Minnesota supreme court has scheduled an expedited hearing on the matter for Thursday afternoon.

Perhaps most ominously, I have been told that in papers it has filed with the court, the DFL attorneys have asked the court to take the unprecedented step of adopting special procedures for hearing issues the DFL may choose to bring before the court on Election Day. Call them crazy, but to state Republican party officials, the DFL response is a dead giveaway that the DFL has formulated a strategic plan to mess with the election.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Yet more shenanigans...

Today, Linn County Republicans are exposing the latest attempt by Kerry supporters to improperly suppress the GOP vote. Local GOPers are crying foul about a rally the Kerry-Edwards campaign held at a satellite early voting station as they sought to badger and intimidate (http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art_id=91110&cat_id=123) Bush supporters trying to cast their votes. It is reported that as voting started at a satellite polling location at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Kerry supporters rallied with John Edward’s daughter waving signs and chanting loudly. Luckily, Iowa Bush supporters are not easily intimidated, but imagine if Republicans had held a similar event. The outcries of intimidation and discrimination would have been deafening.

But...but...but...I thought it was the Republicans that were badgering and intimidating Kerry supporters...

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 09:20 PM
But wait! There's more...

In a St. Louis Post-Dispatch Story (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/election2004/story/AABC95A3D59F80EF86256F330010C289?OpenDocument%26He adline=Kansas%2BCity%2Bmay%2Bbe%2Bkey%2Bto%2Bwin%2 Bfor%2Bdemocrats), Kerry campaign aides say that Kansas City is vital to hopes of victory in Missouri. The campaign, helped by America Coming Together, has put a focus on voter registration and have been very successful so far…perhaps too successful. Republican state officials point out that "The number of people registered to vote in Kansas City, south of the Missouri River, exceeds the number of people age 18 and over by at least 10 percent.” There have also been clashes between Sec. of State Blunt and the Democrats over how to handle provisional ballots. Fortunately, the most recent ruling was upheld Blunt’s intention to enforce election law and throw out provisional ballots cast at the wrong polling places. The Kerry campaign though, which acknowledges it needs around an 80,000 vote edge in KC to carry the state, has 140 lawyers ready to be stationed at KC polling places on Election Day.

Hook Dem
10-20-2004, 09:23 PM
This election is gonna be even nastier than the last one. It seems that the Demos will do anything they think they can get away with. Oh well, a good number of them will be in jail on account of it.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh well, a good number of them will be in jail on account of it.
Let's just hope their prison terms run past 2008. We need a break from their fucking nonsense.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 09:28 PM
More...

Send in the clowns — er — lawyers! The Democratic party's legal assault on the 2004 elections scored a victory in Michigan Tuesday when a Clinton-appointed federal judge threw out (http://www.freep.com/news/mich/judge20e_20041020.htm) long-standing Michigan election laws that require voters to cast ballots in their appointed precincts.

The decision brought a firestorm of criticism from state election officials amid fears that Michigan's presidential election may now become a bureaucratic mess at best, and a fraud-riddled legal nightmare at worst. Judge David Lawson's ruling "disturbs us greatly" said a spokesperson for Secretary of State Terry Lynn Land, Michigan's elections czar. Election officials warn that they do not have the resources to count ballots filed in the wrong precinct and that mistakes — or outright voting fraud — are inevitable if the ruling stands.

"This is a victory for the hanging chad crowd," said Greg McNeily, executive director for the Michigan Republican party. "Democrats have a detailed plan that involves lies and an attempt to steal this election." Indeed, the ruling is part of a concerted national Democratic strategy to preemptively cast doubt on a Bush victory. The strategy includes charges of voter intimidation and faulty ballots. Similar suits challenging election rules have been filed in Florida, Missouri, Colorado, and Ohio — though only Ohio and Michigan courts have ruled in the Democrats favor.

Hook Dem
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
"Send in the clowns — er — lawyers! The Democratic party's legal assault on the 2004 elections scored a victory in Michigan Tuesday when a Clinton-appointed federal judge threw out long-standing Michigan election laws that require voters to cast ballots in their appointed precincts." ................
Does any law abiding citizen need more proof as to how the Democrats plan to play out this thing? What a bunch of crooks!

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I guess Kerry's gonna have to slam Clinton now...

Bill Clinton A Model Patient (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/20/health/main650222.shtml)

"She [Hitlary] said the former president has received a flu shot."

Nbadan
10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
I have credible source that says Laura Bush was a the person to know if you wanted a good dime bag in college. So she is entreprenuing.

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2004, 11:37 PM
and? Fuck, if she smoked out in college all the more better.

Yonivore
10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
I have credible source that says Laura Bush was a the person to know if you wanted a good dime bag in college. So she is entreprenuing.
You don't even know the meaning of the word credible.

Nbadan
10-21-2004, 12:28 AM
One entry found for credible.

Main Entry: cred·i·ble
Pronunciation: 'kre-d&-b&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin credibilis, from credere
1 : offering reasonable grounds for being believed <a credible account of an accident> <credible witnesses>
2 : of sufficient capability to be militarily effective <a credible deterrent> <credible forces>
3 : In other words, never Yonivore.

Yonivore
10-21-2004, 12:35 AM
One entry found for credible.

Main Entry: cred·i·ble
Pronunciation: 'kre-d&-b&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin credibilis, from credere
1 : offering reasonable grounds for being believed <a credible account of an accident> <credible witnesses>
2 : of sufficient capability to be militarily effective <a credible deterrent> <credible forces>
3 : In other words, never Yonivore.
Like I said, you haven't a clue about what is credibility...

Nbadan
10-21-2004, 12:39 AM
In other words, never Yonivore.

I'm gettin a clearer picture. Thanks.

Yonivore
10-21-2004, 01:25 AM
I'm gettin a clearer picture. Thanks.
So, do you often fabricate answers to legitimize your claims?

You now, like ABC holding up a citation that was written from an after action report authored by Kerry as proof that what Kerry said about his killing that VC teen had to be true...after all, the wording matches...almost verbatim! Astounding.

CosmicCowboy
10-21-2004, 09:33 AM
"Goddamnit, you bitch! Would you lay off the raisins before making any public statements? You're killing me here!"

:lmao

my thoughts exactly...and it was hilarious watching the democratic spinmeisters last night trying to talk their way out of it...

the funniest one I heard was someone say something to the effect of...."well there are a lot of ways in Washington to apologize without it really being an apology and this wasn't one of them...it really was a SINCERE apology"...

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ClintSquint
10-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I like a nice MILF.

Hook Dem
10-21-2004, 01:03 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao