PDA

View Full Version : Stern: Commish or tyrant?

Lp26
07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Interesting article . . .

Link (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060724/SPORTS08/607240316/1127/SPORTS0102)

Chris McCosky

Stern: Commish or tyrant?

AUBURN HILLS -- David Stern is either out of control or too much in control. It's not good, either way.

He might be the most effective and successful commissioner in all of professional sports, but I am starting to suspect he's gotten drunk on his own power. His need for utter and absolute control is bordering on the maniacal.

It's one thing for the commissioner to have firm control on the business side of the game, but Stern has crossed over and is now lording over the competition side, as well. And that is a real problem.

This notion hit home as I was watching 106 free throws shot in one 40-minute summer league game in Las Vegas. Actually, it first struck me, like a hammer, during the NBA Finals.

To me, the 2006 NBA Finals were contaminated by the league. How could anybody watch those games and think otherwise? The referees directly impacted the results of at least three of those games. The star treatment of Dwyane Wade was sickening.

Stern made it clear that the league needs superstars to sell and he got tired of waiting for them to ascend on their own. So, what did he do? He decided to tweak the rules and browbeat his officials.

Wade and LeBron James are brilliant players with big personalities who would have become superstars without the league's help. But after two years of seeing defensive-oriented teams like the Pistons and Spurs in the Finals, Stern couldn't wait any longer.

If the Wade rules weren't enough to warrant an asterisk on the 2006 Finals, then the after-the-fact suspension of Mavericks Jerry Stackhouse should be. To make a postgame ruling as drastic as that, on a play that was governed correctly by the game officials without any real debate or controversy on the court, is incomprehensible.

What kind of precedent did that set? Is the league going to analyze film from every game and make after-the-fact judgments to fit whatever storyline Stern is trumpeting? Who is going to stop them?

There are no checks and balances on this. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban complains and he gets slapped with a six-figure fine. Now imagine a system where a commissioner, who is hired and put into office by the owners, has the power to fine the owners he serves.

That's how smart Stern is. He has manipulated the system to a point where he has more power than those who hired him.

So Stern says the league needs more offense, and demands that league referees change the way they call games. Which brings me back to the summer league game in Vegas. There were 96 fouls called in one 40-minute game. There were close to 60 calls on average throughout the two weeks, Granted, the 96-foul game was officiated by two NBDL refs and one young NBA ref. But on every timeout, the officials would huddle with two veteran refs who were there to monitor and mentor the young guys. And at almost every timeout, those young refs were told they were doing a great job.

They sucked the absolute life and flow out of the game -- which is what Stern's changes were designed to facilitate.

If that's the mind-set of the summer instructional league, you can only imagine what's in store for next season.

The public face of the NBA might be shiny and bright with its new constellation of stars, its sold-out arenas and rising television ratings, but the game is a mess.

The veteran officials have complained and Stern has told them, in so many words, "If you don't like it, you can go ref some other league."

Coaches have complained bitterly about the changes, and been told, "If you don't like it, you can coach in another league."

The players have complained bitterly and been told, "If you don't like it, try making as much money in some other league."

This is the arrogance with which Stern is operating.

The owners are the only ones who could band together and subdue the monster, but as long as the monster keeps raising their profit line, they will feed the beast.

What of the media, you say? Isn't it the media's job to serve as a check and balance? Yep, but even a large portion of the media is under Stern's control.

ESPN, TNT and ABC all have lucrative contracts with the NBA and thus serve the master. Most radio networks that carry NBA games are bought and paid for by NBA teams. The one unfiltered media outlet left is us -- the print media. And Stern is doing all he can to push us out of the way. Since the proliferation of cable and the Internet, we have been the low man on the media totem pole. Our access to players has shrunk continuously over the years. With so many cameras in the locker rooms now, especially during the playoffs, postgame access is basically limited to the one or two players and a coach.

Meanwhile, networks get one-on-one interviews on the court, have microphones in huddles during timeouts, etc.

There is a growing sentiment among players, coaches and officials that Stern's power has run amok. There is concern that, more than manipulating the business and image of the league, he is manipulating the game.

Sports are real human drama. That's what makes them entertaining. It's not a reality show created for television. It's not "Survivor" or "American Idol".

You cannot create heroes and manipulate storylines and expect to be taken seriously.

There is a concern that if left unchecked, the NBA will eventually have about as much integrity as the XFL or the WWE.

Is that what you really want?

ChumpDumper
07-24-2006, 04:50 PM
He woldn't have given a shit had Detroit beat the Heat.

ShoogarBear
07-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Cuban asked for this as much, even more, than Stern did. Cuban even went on national TV and bragged about how he changed the league.

I guessed it never crossed Marky's mind that another team might profit more from his changes than did his.

Winnipeg_Spur
07-24-2006, 06:22 PM
The offciating was shit all year. I don't know why all these journalists seem to think it suddenly went bad during the Finals, perhaps because they weren't watching the rest of the season?

ABDENOUR POWER
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Good read, thanks for posting.

Obstructed_View
07-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Detroit is starting to lose all the class with which they credited themselves during the three years the team was decent. They choked away a 63 win season to an inferior team because they forgot what got them there.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
YEAH ANOTHER ONE-SIDED,SUBJECTIVE GREAT ARTICLE ESPECIALLY COMMING FROM BURNED HILLS:rolleyes.THIS MARKS THE 100,000,000,000,000th TIME THE REFS OVERRATED EXCUSE IS USED

THE FUNNY THING IS;IF THE PISTONS HAD WON THE TITLE THEN EVERY HYPOCRITE PISTON FAN WOULD BE PRAISING STERN,AND SAYING HOW GREAT HE IS,BUT SINCE MY HEAT WON,EVERYONE THINKS OF HIM AS EMPEROR PALPATINE,DARTH VADER,COUNT DRACULA,GODZILLA AND RITA REPULSA COMBINED!!!!

GUESS WHAT PISTONS FANS THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU!! OTHER TEAMS ALSO DESERVE CREDIT,SO GIVE CREDIT TO THE HEAT.

IM NOT TRYING TO HATE OR TO INSULT,IM JUST SAYING THE TRUTH!!!! SOME THING SOME OF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND,AND NO DONT COME UP WITH THE "REDLION DOES NOT SHOW CLASS,WE WILL NOT SHOW HIM CLASS"BECAUSE I DONT SHOW CLASS,CUZ PISTON FANS HAVENT SHOWED CLASS WITH US SINCE 2000.YES I UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS WANT CREDIT FOR YOUR TEAM CONCEPT,BUT SADLY IN THE NBA ONLY TEAMS OF SUPERSTARS(LIKE THE HEAT)WIN TITLES(WICH EXPLAINS WHY THE PISTONS ARE A FLUKE)AND ITS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE A DYNASTY,AND NEITHER ARE THE HEAT,BUT AT LEAST I CAN ADMIT IT.BUT YOU AND YOUR DETRIOT PRIDE BLINS YOU,SORRY BUT ITS JUST THE TRUTH.THE TRUTH HURTS,BUT ITS UP TO YOU TO FACE IT AND DEAL WITH IT.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 07:43 PM
YEAH ANOTHER ONE-SIDED,SUBJECTIVE GREAT ARTICLE ESPECIALLY COMMING FROM BURNED HILLS:rolleyes.THIS MARKS THE 100,000,000,000,000th TIME THE REFS OVERRATED EXCUSE IS USED

THE FUNNY THING IS;IF THE PISTONS HAD WON THE TITLE THEN EVERY HYPOCRITE PISTON FAN WOULD BE PRAISING STERN,AND SAYING HOW GREAT HE IS,BUT SINCE MY HEAT WON,EVERYONE THINKS OF HIM AS EMPEROR PALPATINE,DARTH VADER,COUNT DRACULA,GODZILLA AND RITA REPULSA COMBINED!!!!

GUESS WHAT PISTONS FANS THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU!! OTHER TEAMS ALSO DESERVE CREDIT,SO GIVE CREDIT TO THE HEAT.

IM NOT TRYING TO HATE OR TO INSULT,IM JUST SAYING THE TRUTH!!!! SOME THING SOME OF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND,AND NO DONT COME UP WITH THE "REDLION DOES NOT SHOW CLASS,WE WILL NOT SHOW HIM CLASS"BECAUSE I DONT SHOW CLASS,CUZ PISTON FANS HAVENT SHOWED CLASS WITH US SINCE 2000.YES I UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS WANT CREDIT FOR YOUR TEAM CONCEPT,BUT SADLY IN THE NBA ONLY TEAMS OF SUPERSTARS(LIKE THE HEAT)WIN TITLES(WICH EXPLAINS WHY THE PISTONS ARE A FLUKE)AND ITS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE A DYNASTY,AND NEITHER ARE THE HEAT,BUT AT LEAST I CAN ADMIT IT.BUT YOU AND YOUR DETRIOT PRIDE BLINS YOU,SORRY BUT ITS JUST THE TRUTH.THE TRUTH HURTS,BUT ITS UP TO YOU TO FACE IT AND DEAL WITH IT.

Amen!I agree with you!

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
awmyplace agreed with me! i feel honored!:rolleyes

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
For Example:

Kobe does think the world relove around him too.

ALVAREZ6
07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
For Example:

Kobe thinks the world relove around him too.
Kobe does think that the world reloves around him

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
awmyplace agreed with me! i feel honored!:rolleyes

Why are they still making excuses about the refs?How many times do have to explain to them?

Pleaseee!Pistons fans stop making excuses about the refs.Thanks

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Kobe does think that the world reloves around him

I don't like Kobe or the Lakers.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
See This Is What Happens Everytime I Tell Piston Fans The Truth,they Just Hide Or Start Insulting Me,why?????? Because They Dont Have Anything To Defend Their Cases.

oh and Kori PLEASE dont delete my (above)post i would like some people to read it;)

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
See This Is What Happens Everytime I Tell Piston Fans The Truth,they Just Hide Or Start Insulting Me,why?????? Because They Dont Have Anything To Defend Their Cases.

Exactly!You're speaking the truth and telling them the truth.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
.........................*sigh*

Lp26
07-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey RedLion, can you speak the "truth" in lower-case letters?

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey RedLion, can you speak the "truth" in lower-case letters?

see... :rolleyes i knew they would change(or dodge) the subject...but then again they are piston fans,you cant expect them to understand the truth.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
*waits for more piston fans to read this and run away*

or the typical excuse whenever redlion says the truth:'that little kid ruins our objective threads":rolleyes

Lp26
07-24-2006, 08:37 PM
see... :rolleyes i knew they would change(or dodge) the subject...but then again they are piston fans,you cant expect them to understand the truth.

YOU TYPING LIKE THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING

And there's no point in arguing w/ you since you say the same things over and over again. You're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours.

I don't even know why you spend so much time posting useless things. You live in Puerto Rico, for Godsakes. Go outside!

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:48 PM
same shit...everytime I EXPOSE THE PISTONS AND THEIR FANS,everyone either insults me or ignores me with the" getting owned by a 15-16 year old is embarrasing"

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 08:49 PM

We can expected anything from Pistons fans to say.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 08:49 PM
*waits for more piston fans to read this and run away*

or the typical excuse whenever redlion says the truth:'that little kid ruins our objective threads":rolleyes

Me too.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't even know why you spend so much time posting useless things.

its not useless things,its called im exposing the other side of the pistons,but of course no one will admit it...

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 08:51 PM
same shit...everytime I EXPOSE THE PISTONS AND THEIR FANS,everyone either insults me or ignores me with the" getting owned by a 15-16 year old is embarrasing"

Why do they have to repeat themself over and over again?Why do they asked dumb questions?

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
YOU TYPING LIKE THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING

And there's no point in arguing w/ you since you say the same things over and over again. You're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours.

I don't even know why you spend so much time posting useless things. You live in Puerto Rico, for Godsakes. Go outside!

How old are you?

Burn531
07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
YES I UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS WANT CREDIT FOR YOUR TEAM CONCEPT,BUT SADLY IN THE NBA ONLY TEAMS OF SUPERSTARS(LIKE THE HEAT)WIN TITLES(WICH EXPLAINS WHY THE PISTONS ARE A FLUKE)

The Spurs won in 05'. Are they a fluke?

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Me too.

im shocked...

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:01 PM
The Spurs won in 05'. Are they a fluke?

no,because they actually fought hard for what they wanted(against healthy teams),and they also won in 03 and 99 they are actual winners and true champions.they are not one hit wonders.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
No,The Spurs aren't a fluke team unlike the Pistons.Atleast the Spurs didn't start the wrost brawl unline the Pistons did.

ShoogarBear
07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Why do they have to repeat themself over and over again?Why do they asked dumb questions?

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:04 PM
The Spurs are a good team.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2006, 09:04 PM
awmyplace and RedLion can you two do anything but bash the Pistons and post stupidity. It's ALL you do. You bring absolutely nothing to the table in any way, shape or form.

Please learn how to post like adults or stop posting.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:07 PM
awmyplace and RedLion can you two do anything but bash the Pistons and post stupidity. It's ALL you do. You bring absolutely nothing to the table in any way, shape or form.

Please learn how to post like adults or stop posting.

Fucking THANK YOU! :worthy:

Crookshanks
07-24-2006, 09:09 PM
The writer wasn't making excuses for the Pistons or the Mavs; he was using them as an example of what's wrong with the NBA. And I, for one, totally agree with him!

Red Lion and awmyplace - why don't you get Kori to give you your own forum and then you two can talk to each other all the time and never have the hear "the truth" from any other posters!

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
How old are you?

please awmyplace...this is one of the few times im trying to talk basketball and breakdown inteligent thoughts,dont ruin this thread too.... :nope:cuss

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:12 PM
please awmyplace...this is one of the few times im trying to talk basketball and breakdown inteligent thoughts,dont ruin this thread too.... :nope:cuss

So you admit you have weak takes and bring virtually nothing to the NBA portion of the forum?

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:12 PM
The writer wasn't making excuses for the Pistons or the Mavs; he was using them as an example of what's wrong with the NBA. And I, for one, totally agree with him!

Red Lion and awmyplace - why don't you get Kori to give you your own forum and then you two can talk to each other all the time and never have the hear "the truth" from any other posters!

I want a forum for the Heat and along with Heat fans,Spurs fans,and other nba fans.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
No,The Spurs aren't a fluke team unlike the Pistons.Atleast the Spurs didn't start the wrost brawl unline the Pistons did.

Not to stir things up in your head, but the Pacers were the ones who attacked the fans, more specifically, Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.

When the Pistons won in 2004, they were a legit team. The Lakers were HEAVILY favored (much the way the Mavs were favored) and the Pistons beat the shit out of them.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I want a forum for the Heat and along with Heat fans,Spurs fans,and other nba fans.

Well good for you. You aren't getting it. This is the NBA Forum. It's for Heat fans, Spurs fans, and other nba fans. This is a Spurs site. There's not going to be a Heat forum.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:15 PM

ok i respect your opinion,but stop thinking of me and awmyplace as a unit,cuz im a MUCH different person,im controversial,but i can post my own thoughts.ITS NOT MY FAULT IF I HAVE HER FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE.and let me tell ya i like having fans but she is just a parasite.

Lp26
07-24-2006, 09:15 PM
How old are you?

I'm 23, and if you happen to be older than me, i feel sorry for you

Kori Ellis
07-24-2006, 09:16 PM
ok i respect your opinion,but stop thinking of me and awmyplace as a unit,cuz im a MUCH different person,im controversial,but i can post my own thoughts.ITS NOT MY FAULT IF I HAVE HER FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE.and let me tell ya i like having fans but she is just a parasite.

You aren't controversial. You are an idiot.

You don't post anything basketball related of any substance. Everything is talking about burning Detroit, blahblahblah. You can never say anything legitimate.

I'm waiting for you to improve but it isn't happening.

And I'm not going to blame your age -- when I was a teenager, I wasn't an idiot.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Not to stir things up in your head, but the Pacers were the ones who attacked the fans, more specifically, Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.

When the Pistons won in 2004, they were a legit team. The Lakers were HEAVILY favored (much the way the Mavs were favored) and the Pistons beat the shit out of them.

Exactly!Ben Wallace didn't have to push Ron Artest the away he did.The Pistons was mad because they was lost.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:19 PM

and why was that????....OH THATS RIGHT!!!!!!BECAUSE THOSE PISTON FANS WERE THROWING CUPS,BEER,GATORADE,ICE,HATERADE,CANS AND CHAIRS.

PLAYERS ARE HUMANS!!!!!!!THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES AGAINST THOSE CRUEL FANS.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2006, 09:20 PM
and why was that????....OH THATS RIGHT!!!!!!BECAUSE THOSE PISTON FANS WERE THROWING CUPS,BEER,GATORADE,ICE,HATERADE,CANS AND CHAIRS.

PLAYERS ARE HUMANS!!!!!!!THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES AGAINST THOSE CRUEL FANS.

If they really felt they were in danger from the fans, they could have simply gone to the tunnel. They were just too immature to do so.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:20 PM

Yes, someone threw a fucking plastic cup at Ron Artest and he attacks someone that didn't even throw it. You're a fucking moron. Read Kori's post.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:21 PM

You don't post anything basketball related of any substance. Everything is talking about burning Detroit, blahblahblah. You can never say anything legitimate.

And I'm not going to blame your age -- when I was a teenager, I wasn't an idiot.

:tu :tu :tu

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Another reason why the Lakers lost the finals because the Pistons and about 100 fans were at the Lakers Hotel throwing things at Lakers rooms and stuff.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:27 PM

You don't post anything basketball related of any substance. Everything is talking about burning Detroit, blahblahblah..

I perfectly understand that i make posts saying the truth in a non polite way but im not an idiot.ive participated in good bball disscusions(few but,i have participated)the problem is my thrash talk sometimes overshadows it.but hey awmyplace does not offer much either.

Pistons < Spurs
07-24-2006, 09:31 PM

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, someone threw a fucking plastic cup at Ron Artest and he attacks someone that didn't even throw it. You're a fucking moron. Read Kori's post.

yeah im a moron because i understand human feelings...there is a nice thought :rolleyes.and besides dont be a coward and start making your own insults instead if just waiting for people to flame me and join the bandwagon.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Why are you clapping?

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
yeah im a moron because i understand human feelings...there is a nice thought :rolleyes.and besides dont be a coward and start making your own insults instead if just waiting for people to flame me and join the bandwagon.

Go jump off a cliff dumbass, seriously.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
So you admit you have weak takes and bring virtually nothing to the NBA portion of the forum?

NO.

what i meant to say was,that i admit i thrash talk a lot,and this is one of the few time im posting without thrash taking(but some people sometimes force me to)

Crookshanks
07-24-2006, 09:38 PM
"thrash" talking? Is that where you scream and shout while thrashing around on the floor? :lol

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Go jump off a cliff dumbass, seriously.

^^^^^
and thats what i get when i try to reason and have an objective discussion with you :rolleyes ...nice way to show the world how mature you are...

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:40 PM
"thrash" talking? Is that where you scream and shout while thrashing around on the floor? :lol

AAAAHAHAHA...no.

Burn531
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
^^^^^
and thats what i get when i try to reason and have an objective discussion with you :rolleyes ...nice way to show the world how mature you are...

You could try and have a nice BBall conversation without the insults.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
^^^^^

Oh, the irony.

Please, go find the shower rod.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Fucking THANK YOU! :worthy:

like you are much better:lol

:lmao

remember when you said our entire team sucked and you offered no insight after i told you to explain yourself...hhhmmmm you remind me of redlion.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:51 PM
like you are much better:lol

:lmao

remember when you said our entire team sucked and you offered no insight after i told you to explain yourself...hhhmmmm you remind me of redlion.

Actually, I said the following players sucked:

Shaq
Jason Williams
Antoine Walker
Gary Payton
Alonzo Mourning

I don't dislike the Heat. I don't have a problem with the Heat at all. Kori tells you to quit being a dumbass or she's going to retire your screename for you yet you don't even pay attention. Do you have A.D.D. or something? I was rooting for the Heat to win, it's not them I have a problem with. I have a problem with dumbass fans like you, whether they be Heat fans, Spurs fans, Mavs fans, or Hawks fans.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh, the irony.

sorry dude,no irony in here,sorry to break it down to ya' BU I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN YOU COMING TO ME WITH A MATURE BBALL DISCUSSION.all you do is quote me all the time only to insult me or to say how brilliant and adored you are around here.not trying to insult ya BUT you are not exactly the best example of a mature person.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
sorry dude,no irony in here,sorry to break it down to ya' BU I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN YOU COMING TO ME WITH A MATURE BBALL DISCUSSION.all you do is quote me all the time only to insult me or to say how brilliant and adored you are around here.not trying to insult ya BUT you are not exactly the best example of a mature person.

You fucking think you're mature? I'm 16, I think you're a dumbass. Kori is 39, she thinks you're an idiot. It doesn't matter the age, and Kori even said she wouldn't use it against you. YOU ARE A TARD. I don't have basketball discussions with you because nothing you ever say is or ever fucking warrents it. All you do is talk shit about Detroit, their team, and their fans.

And I said once that I wasn't the best poster, but that I was a much better poster than you. You keep arguing this and I've asked for proof yet you have nothing. Pull your head out of your ass, dumbfuck.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 09:56 PM

Shaq
Jason Williams
Antoine Walker
Gary Payton
Alonzo Mourning

I don't dislike the Heat. I don't have a problem with the Heat at all. Kori tells you to quit being a dumbass or she's going to retire your screename for you yet you don't even pay attention. Do you have A.D.D. or something? I was rooting for the Heat to win, it's not them I have a problem with. I have a problem with dumbass fans like you, whether they be Heat fans, Spurs fans, Mavs fans, or Hawks fans.

How does Shaq and Zo sucks?

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 09:59 PM

Shaq
Jason Williams
Antoine Walker
Gary Payton
Alonzo Mourning

im not being a dumbass ASIDE FROM THE CRIMINAL STUFF,im just posting either my opinion or the truth.NO it dont have attention deficit disorder,and stop with the i have a problem with people like you cuz you are not much better.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
im not being a dumbass ASIDE FROM THE CRIMINAL STUFF,im just posting either my opinion or the truth.NO it dont have attention deficit disorder,and stop with the i have a problem with people like you cuz you are not much better.

Yeah I am better than your dumbass. I don't go around baselessly judging people's cities and teams based on a couple incidents. You don't know jack shit about what's the truth. Your fucking truth is your stupid ass opinion.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Now would be a good time to stop it.

awmyplace
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
EssaySpur1001

Hows does Shaq and Zo sucks?

Fabbs
07-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Stern: Commish or tyrant?

Stern is a dumbass tyrant who has shown his disinterest in good fair hoop long before this season. The rip off playoff braketing is so obvious. Sure he is changing it next year. Hooray, only took you how many years to change the obvious? The top 2 records Spurs vs Dallas in R2 while the Clipps-Suns go at it. Yeah that was fair. Plus the Clippers had nothing but incentive to lose to Memphis near the end of reg season as 6th Seed was much better then 5th Seed in Stern World, and thus they did.

Refs. 2002 Kings vs Lakers Game 6. Anyone arguing other then <insert your choice> complete incompetence, flat rigged, etc is not worth discussing with. Seeing him live being asked about that game and his snotty arrogant condescending non answers were enough to make one puke. He has no love of fair hoop whatsoever nor has he for years. The Stern initiated 2-3-2 Finals arrangement which gives Game 5 homecourt to the lower seeded team is more pure bull. His lame answer was that the season is too long and time needs to be cut. He said that with an attempted straight face. As if bunching a few games during the season or shortening the preseason by a few days would not solve that. Yeah lets take it out during the Finals.

Stern is an arrogant joke, the morals and integrity of a politician, a spineless liarwyer i mean lawyer.

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Now would be a good time to stop it.

I agree. I'm through with this ignorant retard.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
You fucking think you're mature?

-I HAVE NEVER EVER SAID THAT(QUOTE ME IF I HAVE)

I'm 16, I think you're a dumbass.

-IM 15 AND I THINK YOU ARE ONE TO

Kori is 39, she thinks you're an idiot. It doesn't matter the age, and Kori even said she wouldn't use it against you. YOU ARE A TARD. I don't have basketball discussions with you because nothing you ever say is or ever fucking warrents it. All you do is talk shit about Detroit, their team, and their fans.

-THEN AGAIN I HAVE PARTICIPATED HERE IN BBALL DISSCUSSIONS,A FEW ONLY,BUT I HAVE!!!

And I said once that I wasn't the best poster, but that I was a much better poster than you.

-THATS YOUR SUBJECTIVE OPINION,NOTHING MORE.

You keep arguing this and I've asked for proof yet you have nothing. Pull your head out of your ass, dumbfuck.

-READ THAT VERY LAST SENTENCE YOU POSTED...THINK...IT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF REDLION'S POSTS RIGHT???

THAT MY FRIEND IS WHY I THINK YOU ARE NOT MUCH BETTER THAN I AM.AND BESIDES I JUST CONSIDER MYSELF CONTROVERSIAL,NOTHING MORE.

REDLION#22
07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah I am better than your dumbass.

SEE!!!!!!!!!!!you are not better than me!!!!!!!! you have an ego just as big as mine!!!!!!!accept it!!!!!!!!!!!

Leetonidas
07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm not dragging this out on the forum anymore. You wanna pollute some space, do it over PMs.

Lp26
07-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Stern is a dumbass tyrant who has shown his disinterest in good fair hoop long before this season. The rip off playoff braketing is so obvious. Sure he is changing it next year. Hooray, only took you how many years to change the obvious? The top 2 records Spurs vs Dallas in R2 while the Clipps-Suns go at it. Yeah that was fair. Plus the Clippers had nothing but incentive to lose to Memphis near the end of reg season as 6th Seed was much better then 5th Seed in Stern World, and thus they did.

Refs. 2002 Kings vs Lakers Game 6. Anyone arguing other then <insert your choice> complete incompetence, flat rigged, etc is not worth discussing with. Seeing him live being asked about that game and his snotty arrogant condescending non answers were enough to make one puke. He has no love of fair hoop whatsoever nor has he for years. The Stern initiated 2-3-2 Finals arrangement which gives Game 5 homecourt to the lower seeded team is more pure bull. His lame answer was that the season is too long and time needs to be cut. He said that with an attempted straight face. As if bunching a few games during the season or shortening the preseason by a few days would not solve that. Yeah lets take it out during the Finals.

Stern is an arrogant joke, the morals and integrity of a politician, a spineless liarwyer i mean lawyer.

Thanks for the response to the original post in the midst of RedLion's tantrum.

I agree with you. He's about business and only business. He could care less about the actual game of basketball.

East Coast Babe
07-25-2006, 03:10 AM
I agree with you. He's about business and only business. He could care less about the actual game of basketball.

In a single word, Stern is a TYRANT! Refs don't like him, players don't like him, owners don't like him and coaches don't like him. Did I leave anyone out? Oh yeah, fans don't like him. It does not matter who won the Finals this year, it is the same, Stern is a TYRANT!! Seems like owners hired him, they should be able to fire him! :madrun

Obstructed_View
07-25-2006, 07:41 AM

Who would have thought that, in a thread like this, you would have the dumbest post?

REDLION#22
07-25-2006, 04:44 PM
In a single word, Stern is a TYRANT! Refs don't like him, players don't like him, owners don't like him and coaches don't like him. Did I leave anyone out? Oh yeah, fans don't like him. It does not matter who won the Finals this year, it is the same, Stern is a TYRANT!! Seems like owners hired him, they should be able to fire him! :madrun

that tirant has expanded the nba throughout the world extending borders and making the nba an international place but of course,if the pistons would have won the title then you would be thinking of him as GODright???

ABDENOUR POWER
07-25-2006, 05:17 PM
if the pistons would have won the title then you would be thinking of him as GODright???

Of course not, use your head. Stern changed changed the rules of the game in a direct response to dominating defensive teams like the Detroit Pistons championship team of 2003-2004. The game is all about marketing for him, so he set up a league made for superstars.

With his new rules, the refs have virtually outlawed perimeter defense with their ticky-tack officiating, and are giving the "Michael Jordan Treatment" to superstars like Wade. With the way the game is being called today, its all but impossible to stop elite wing players. Even if the Pistons had won it all this year, it wouldn't change the fact that Stern changed the NBA in a direct attempt to end scrappy defensive teams like the 2004 Pistons, and benefit superstars instead. No matter what, Stern will still be hated by Pistons fans for that.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Guys, the league has been changing the rules to favor offensive players for the last seven years.

Quit thinking it's solely because the Pistons won in 04.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Quit thinking it's solely because the Pistons won in 04.

It wasn't solely because of that, but it still played a part.

REDLION#22
07-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Of course not, use your head. Stern changed changed the rules of the game in a direct response to dominating defensive teams like the Detroit Pistons championship team of 2003-2004. The game is all about marketing for him, so he set up a league made for superstars.
With his new rules, the refs have virtually outlawed perimeter defense with their ticky-tack officiating, and are giving the "Michael Jordan Treatment" to superstars like Wade. With the way the game is being called today, its all but impossible to stop elite wing players. Even if the Pistons had won it all this year, it wouldn't change the fact that Stern changed the NBA in a direct attempt to end scrappy defensive teams like the 2004 Pistons, and benefit superstars instead. No matter what, Stern will still be hated by Pistons fans for that.

IMO it does not make sense to me,i mean just because the pistons lucked out in 04 he had to change the rules and gameplan for the refs???i mean if he really watched the games he would notice that the pistons were not much of a threat to become a dynasty(not insulting,just saying the truth).the only defensive oriented team that had(and still has)the potential to become a dynasty is the spurs.i mean even before he supposedley changed the rules for superstars in 2005-06,in the early part of the decade wich team was dominating???the SHAQ-KOBE lakers.see!!! that team had lots of supperstars,so in 04 when it was more of a lakers lost than pistons won,i dont get why stern was so concerened,it does not make sense to me,considering shaq's trade to the heat only meant thte heat would be dominatig for the next 3 years or so,not to mention the cavs rising to contendig status.see the league was in good superstar hands with or without the supposed rule changes.the only defensive oriented team that remains is the spurs and i wouldnt be surprised to see them next year in the finals,prooving why the supposed rule change had no effect on the real defensive oriented teams.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-25-2006, 06:45 PM
IMO it does not make sense to me,i mean just because the pistons lucked out in 04

Stopped reading right there. I'm sick of your "luck/fluke/criminals" talk.

REDLION#22
07-25-2006, 07:26 PM
im just sying the truth,but i suggest reading the other half of the post and you will get my point.

Winnipeg_Spur
07-25-2006, 09:08 PM
im just sying the truth,but i suggest reading the other half of the post and you will get my point.

http://www.flishfun.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/stop-posting.gif

East Coast Babe
07-26-2006, 02:41 AM
that tirant has expanded the nba throughout the world extending borders and making the nba an international place but of course,if the pistons would have won the title then you would be thinking of him as GODright???

NO, WRONG!!! Stern is a Tyrant no matter who wins! If the Pistons had won, he still is a tyrant, if the Mavs had won, he is still a tyrant, if the Spurs won, he is still a tyrant. I tried to make that point by saying no matter who won, Stern is still a tyrant. He may have expanded basketball into the international arena, but he is still a tyrant! Quit looking at who my favorite team is and read what I am actually saying! :madrun

NBA Junkie
07-26-2006, 02:55 AM
I think RedLion has a not-so-secret admirer. :lol

NBA Junkie
07-26-2006, 03:05 AM
This probably ain't my place to say it, but I'll say it anyway.

I get tired of coming in here to read an excellent topic, such as this one, only to find it trashed and ruined by the likes of RedLion and awmyplace. I can't even count on fingers and toes, how many threads get ruined by these two with pages and pages of insults and pointless posts. I realize that there are ignore list features and such, but by even using these, you know the thread has already died a slow death when you see the # of posts that have been ignored.

It's really a shame too, because other than them, the members on this board are very insightful with their knowledge of the Spurs and the NBA.

IMO, they should be banned. But, it's Kori's and LJ's board, so it's not my call.

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2006, 03:29 AM
the nba better start changin the rules when the big guyz come back into the league, i dont like this small fry bs runnin in and floppin not throwin up a legit shot/layup to draw a foul.

i dont want the nba to turn into euroball where big guyz are extinct makin numbers on the court.

Leetonidas
07-26-2006, 10:58 AM

I get tired of coming in here to read an excellent topic, such as this one, only to find it trashed and ruined by the likes of RedLion and awmyplace. I can't even count on fingers and toes, how many threads get ruined by these two with pages and pages of insults and pointless posts. I realize that there are ignore list features and such, but by even using these, you know the thread has already died a slow death when you see the # of posts that have been ignored.

It's really a shame too, because other than them, the members on this board are very insightful with their knowledge of the Spurs and the NBA.

IMO, they should be banned. But, it's Kori's and LJ's board, so it's not my call.

I agree with that. He now has the pleasure of being one of only 3 or so members to grace my ignore list.

He should be on all-ignore.

NBA Junkie
07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't think we need to worry about RedLion#22 anymore. He has been officially banned from the forum.

mabber
07-26-2006, 01:28 PM

Amen to that!!! Those two (Redlion & Awmyplace) are ridiculous.

Kori Ellis
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM

Your post is a little late, seeing as they were both banned yesterday.

mabber
07-26-2006, 01:39 PM

THANK YOU!!!

ShoogarBear
07-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Ah, but REDLION#23 lives!

NBA Junkie
07-26-2006, 06:04 PM

Great minds think alike! :ban:

Pistons < Spurs
07-27-2006, 11:57 PM

Holy Shit! How did I miss this bit of news?

I think I may do a little celebration dance!

Beer is Good
07-28-2006, 12:22 AM

Link (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060724/SPORTS08/607240316/1127/SPORTS0102)

You cannot create heroes and manipulate storylines and expect to be taken seriously.

There is a concern that if left unchecked, the NBA will eventually have about as much integrity as the XFL or the WWE.

The interference of the commish and refs has been progressively getting worse for several years now. The superstar treatment is out of control. The lopsided touch fouls are out of control. I fear that basketball (which is the sport my father has coached for over 35 years and the sport I grew up playing since birth) is slowly being choked to death at the professional level year by year. I now seriously fear this will happen.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Look at what happens when you don't let a guy be commish anymore.

http://epguides.com/Commish/cast.jpg
http://www.sense-datum.org/tim/images/chiklis.jpg
http://www.comicon.com/thebeat/images/thing_chiklis2427.jpg

We should consider the consequences before any rash action.

East Coast Babe
07-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I'd like to see Stern as any one of those! LOL!!