PDA

View Full Version : Lance Bass: I'm Gay

ashbeeigh
07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
No other reason then it was interesting:

Lance Bass: I'm Gay
WEDNESDAY JULY 26, 2006 08:30AM EST[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Lance Bass, the former 'N Sync heartthrob, reveals that he is gay, in an exclusive interview with PEOPLE.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," says Bass, referring to bandmates Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez and Justin Timberlake.

"I didn’t know: Could that be the end of ’N Sync? So I had that weight on me of like, ‘Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did," he says speaking about his sexual orientation for the first time with PEOPLE.

Now, after years of keeping his personal life private, the Mississippi-bred, Southern Baptist-reared Bass, 27, is publicly revealing what he first shared with his friends, then his shocked family.

"He took years to really think about how he was going to tell everyone," says his close buddy Fatone, 29, who was the first 'N Sync bandmate to find out Bass is gay. "I back him up 100 percent." Adds Bass’s longtime pal, actress Christina Applegate: "I've always accepted him as who he is. It's about his own serenity at this point."

Having pursued acting, producing and – most memorably – space flight after ’N Sync went on hiatus in 2002, Bass now is looking ahead to new beginnings. He is in a "very stable" relationship with model-actor-Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, 32, and is developing an Odd Couple-inspired sitcom pilot with Fatone in which his character will be gay.

Mostly, though, he’s just enjoying the relief that comes with the culmination of a long, at times emotionally fraught journey.

"The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say," he explains of his decision to come out. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I'm just happy."

As for why he's talking about this now Bass says, "The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life. Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

For the full Q&A with Lance Bass, pick up PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

CuckingFunt
07-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Well, duh.

katyon6th
07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Ain't that some shit.

The world just doesn't seem right anymore.

TheRage
07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
morning katy:)

SpursWoman
Big shocker. :lol :lol

KEDA
man lands on moon

lightbulb invented

katyon6th
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
morning katy:)

Hey there, Rage, good morning!

ashbeeigh
07-26-2006, 10:12 AM
man lands on moon

Lance wants to land on the moon doesn't he?

Marklar MM
07-26-2006, 10:13 AM
http://www.ascap.com/playback/2005/spring/images/LanceBass.jpghttp://photo.sing365.com/music/picture.nsf/Clay-Aiken-photo/C44A9C985DE51BE848256DC00007F38D/$file/Clay+Aiken.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
07-26-2006, 10:16 AM
and in other news...................

ALVAREZ6
07-26-2006, 10:20 AM
as if no one knew already...

Lebowski Brickowski
07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
his close buddy Fatone, 29, who was the first 'N Sync bandmate to find out Bass is gay. "I back him up 100 percent."

Poor diction. :lol

Vizzini
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Lance wants to land on the moon doesn't he?

I think he now wants to land on Ura........ just too easy, I can't even bring myself to finish the joke.

Spurfect
07-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I think he know wants to land on Ura........ just too easy, I can't even bring myself to finish the joke.

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2006, 10:59 AM
good for him, next,

rayray2k8
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I dont think this surprises many people. :lol
I wonder which one is next?

Justin_ Timberlake
07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Lance, why didn't you tell me sooner? We sure could have had some times. :smokin

And why are you always trying to steal my thunder? :madrun

CubanMustGo
07-26-2006, 11:57 AM
WGAF forum.

JoeChalupa
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
It seems now a days if you are a good looking famous guy the "he's gay" stuff starts happening. Before I got married I was asked that..not that I'm famous...just good looking.

1Parker1
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
It seems now a days if you are a good looking famous guy the "he's gay" stuff starts happening. Before I got married I was asked that..not that I'm famous...just good looking.

:lol Did people also confuse you with Brad Pitt, like they do with EHJ?

Besides, Lance is NOT cute in any shape. And it was pretty obvious he was gay. That American Idol runner up, Clay Aiken (sp?) is also just wiating to come out of the closet.

1Parker1
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
So does this mean that gayabc is a hottie? :eyebrows

Mixability
07-26-2006, 12:42 PM
gay men are guys that have been molested by men when they where children....believe it.

here we go...............

I'm sure you have facts to back that up, right? :rolleyes

T Park
07-26-2006, 12:45 PM
This once again falls under the category of,

ok, yeah, so what?

Your gay, bfd. Its none of our businesses, keep it to yourself.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I wonder how much he got paid to do that interview.

ObiwanGinobili
07-26-2006, 01:10 PM
So does this mean that gayabc is a hottie? :eyebrows

Yes. Yes it does.

ashbeeigh
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Its none of our businesses, keep it to yourself.

For twenty-something girls that were in love with him when they were like 15-16 it is their business(However, I understand your point and there is no need for any argument). I would just about have a heart attack. Justin was by far my favorite though.

Taco
07-26-2006, 01:46 PM
http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/news/060807/lance_bass2.jpg

Sonia_TX
07-26-2006, 03:03 PM
I always go to this gossip site (perezhilton.com) and Perez has been saying that Lance is gay for as long as I can remember. I never wanted to believe it's true but it was one of those things that if you hear/read it long enough you start to believe it. So the news today doesn't shock me at all. JC was always my favorite anyway... Eva dated him before TP.

Mr Dio
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Lance & Eva shopped together & that is all.
Seriously, is this any big or new news???

jman3000
07-26-2006, 03:25 PM
vbookie on when the other former members come out as well?

1Parker1
07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
:lol My money is on that Joey guy....

Justin_ Timberlake
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
:hitit:

ShoogarBear
07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Man, could People magazine have picked a worse cover photo?

cheguevara
07-26-2006, 04:11 PM
let me guess. its that blonde dude right?

Sonia_TX
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Joey is Married but I guess that doesn't matter nowadays...

My guess is on Chris!

Lance and Eva shop together? For men?

Fillmoe
07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
big suprise there.... :lol

RichardSimmons
07-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Whoohoo!! Now I can work on my new excercise tape..."Sweatin' to N'Sync!". :elephant

Ocotillo
07-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Guru of Nothing
07-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm guessing the talent well was running dry.

lilmads
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
I LOVED N Sync... Was completely obsessed.. My fav was Justin... Shocker?:)
I'm not surprised he's gay at all.. Kinda expected it...

2Blonde
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
:lol Did people also confuse you with George Clooney, like they do with EHJ?

Wait a minute, you're saying EHJ is not a pseudonym for George Clooney? That freakin' bastard lied to me... and it worked!!!!:flipoff

CharlieMac
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Who has more talent, Lance Bass, or a Burger King to-go cup?

Samr
07-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I heard E! wants to do a True Hollywood Story on him. They were going to call it Fag in Flight.

Well damn, maybe all those years of taking it up the ass from producers really did have an effect on him.

When he came out of the closet, did he make a Pop! sound?

And something about "rocketing skyward." Y'all can have at that one.....

tsb2000
07-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, that's one way to revive a falling star... :rolleyes

Mr. Peabody
07-26-2006, 11:27 PM
I heard E! wants to do a True Hollywood Story on him. They were going to call it Fag in Flight.

Well damn, maybe all those years of taking it up the ass from producers really did have an effect on him.

When he came out of the closet, did he make a Pop! sound?

And something about "rocketing skyward." Y'all can have at that one.....

Thank you, you've been a wonderful crowd and please remember to tip your waiters....

PM5K
07-27-2006, 01:14 AM
http://evula.org/dragoon/pics/captain.obvious.jpg

cecil collins
07-27-2006, 01:38 AM
This once again falls under the category of,

ok, yeah, so what?

Your gay, bfd. Its none of our businesses, keep it to yourself.
I don't know how it pisses you off. What, if not something like this, in People magazine is your business. It's all a bunch of shit about stars. If its not your business then don't fucking read it. The real issue is that his sexuality makes you angry and you want those faggots to keep it to themselves. Ass.

T Park
07-27-2006, 01:42 AM
The real issue is that his sexuality makes you angry and you want those faggots to keep it to themselves

woooowwww lol

Way to totally go out on a limb there chief.

My point is, if your gay, cool, no problem, but I dont think you need to like hold a freakin press conference that you are.

If you are, just, be.

Thats all Im saying.

But thanks for totally assuming what I meant and acting like a total jackass in the process.

Congrats. :tu

1Parker1
07-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Wait a minute, you're saying EHJ is not a pseudonym for George Clooney? That freakin' bastard lied to me... and it worked!!!!:flipoff

:lol Fooled you too, didn't he?

Taco
07-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Whoohoo!! Now I can work on my new excercise tape..."Sweatin' to N'Sync!". :elephant

:lol

1Parker1
07-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok, this Lance Bass being Gay thing is getting totally overblown by the media...he's a freaking D-List celebrity, yet every news website I go to has it as front page stuff! The best was the following headline: "Lance says Bye! Bye! Bye! to the Closet" :lmao

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Besides, Lance is NOT cute in any shape. And it was pretty obvious he was gay. That American Idol runner up, Clay Aiken (sp?) is also just wiating to come out of the closet.

If Clay Aiken is in the closet, it's a walk-in closet. :lol

When you're that flaming, I don't think you really need to waste anyone's time announcing it...

1Parker1
07-27-2006, 11:58 AM
If Clay Aiken is in the closet, it's a walk-in closet. :lol

When you're that flaming, I don't think you really need to waste anyone's time announcing it...

:lol True...I was just never sure if he came out and did the whole PR thing about it...which gay celebrities often feel the need to do. I'm with T_Park in that...is it really such a big deal that it needs to be announced to the world in a Press Conference/Interview????

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
There are gay people in the entertainment business? After all these years of thinking that putting on makeup, singing, and dancing were strictly the business of straight men I find myself at a quandry. Oh for the good old days where men liked women. Rock Hudson for instance. You look at the chemistry that he and Doris Day had on screen and there's no doubt that guy was straighter than a laser beam. Nowadays you can just never tell who's coming out next.

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Rock Hudson was ghey? Geez...next you're gonna tell me Mr. Sulu is a dude smoochin' peepee toucher. Where does it all end???

:lol

Bob Lanier
07-27-2006, 12:17 PM
...who?

Fabbs
07-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Man, could People magazine have picked a worse cover photo?

Should have gone with this one:
http://antinsync.freeservers.com/rally.jpg

cecil collins
07-27-2006, 01:29 PM
woooowwww lol

Way to totally go out on a limb there chief.

My point is, if your gay, cool, no problem, but I dont think you need to like hold a freakin press conference that you are.

If you are, just, be.

Thats all Im saying.

But thanks for totally assuming what I meant and acting like a total jackass in the process.

Congrats. :tu

I stand by my assumption. It's an interview. Celebrities do them all the time about shit you might not care about. Their houses, children, pets, etc. You don't have to care but some people do, and that's why there are crappy magazines. I read homophobia in your comment, and still believe his article somehow angers you.

T Park
07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I read homophobia in your comment, and still believe his article somehow angers you.

Glad you READ into that chief.

I have zero homophobia.

One of by good friends from school was gay, and I supported him and helped him during the time in high school after he came out.

So once again, thank you for assuming fuckface, on someone your not even close to even knowing.

Asshole.

Lance Bass
07-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I hope my fans can still support me.

Eminem
07-28-2006, 01:31 AM
man, I fucking hate N'Sync. They're all wannabe faggots. Now go assfuck chris kirkpatric.

cherylsteele
07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I stand by my assumption. It's an interview. Celebrities do them all the time about shit you might not care about. Their houses, children, pets, etc. You don't have to care but some people do, and that's why there are crappy magazines. I read homophobia in your comment, and still believe his article somehow angers you.
How in the world did you get that idea in T Park's original?
Did you actually read T Park's post? He actually said he did not care.

Maybe you are actually homophobic and just trying divert attention away from you?

SpursWoman
07-28-2006, 06:33 PM
"Lance says Bye! Bye! Bye! to the Closet"

That was a good headline ... :lmao :lmao :lmao

cecil collins
07-28-2006, 08:04 PM
How in the world did you get that idea in T Park's original?
Did you actually read T Park's post? He actually said he did not care.

Maybe you are actually homophobic and just trying divert attention away from you?
Perhaps, but I stick with my gut. Unless he wants to comment, "keep it to yourself" about every piece of celebrity news he doesn't care about. It's not always spelled. Maybe I'm just a prick, whatever.

cherylsteele
07-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Maybe I'm just a prick, whatever.
You said it....not me.

Unless he wants to comment, "keep it to yourself"
Trust me, this is not a homophobic statement IMHO.....you are reading waaaay too much into it.

T Park and I don't usually agree...especially on the Spurs' and I only know him through this board.....but I feel you are very wrong about him regarding this topic.

Guru of Nothing
07-28-2006, 09:38 PM
It's always about TPark!!