PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen Sighting

angel_luv
07-26-2006, 12:13 PM
It was last night ( July 25th, Tuesday) around 11:55 in terminal two of the San Antonio airport.

I was there waiting for my mom to get in. She is here from China for about a month. Moom changed planes in Houston and, how funny is this!, caught the same connecting flight as Bruce. :elephant

I didn't know this when he came to the baggage area. He was a couple minutes ahead of my mom.
I saw him walking from a slight distance and had the thought, " Gosh that guy looks like Bruce."
I thought he was still in Vegas and that I was seeing things because I was tired.
But then he got closer and I saw Bruce's Team USA gear that he had slung over his arm.

I wanted to go up an congratulate him on making the team but he looked really sleepy. I knew how much I just wanted to get home and get some rest and imagined he felt all the more so.
He didn't see me ( I was about six feet away) as he headed to the luggage carousel so I just left it at that.
Of course I had to text Kori and tell her all about it. :lol

I was doing that when my Mom came out. My mom knows me well. One of the first things she asked me was if I had seen Bruce.
She told me that when she recognized Bruce on her plane, she told him, " Oh my daughter is going to be as excited to see you as she is me." LOL.

I was still texting Kori as mom and I walked to the luggage carousel so it was complete coincidence on my part that we ended up about three feet behind Bruce.
Mom thought of something she wanted to say to Bruce so she went up to him.

I happened to look up briefly from my phone and saw that both Mom and Bruce were looking at me.
Mom then said, " That is my daughter" and " Wave."

I wasn't sure if that last part was a directive for me or Bruce. :lol We both smiled and waved then I went back to my message. ( I type slow when I am tired. I know Kori is thinking, " Girl, your text was not that interesting. :lol)

Mom came back. I thought she was finished talking to Bruce but she just wanted to confirm with me that Bruce is a Christian. I said that he was and she went back and told him something more.
( I don't know what all Mom said. Maybe she will fill in the details later.)

I just thought it was so cute and hilarious how my mom was suddenly the family " Spurs groupie" while I stayed back guarding luggage.

Anyway it was a fun time. And now that I can finally tell you all my story, I am perfectly happy. :)

Leetonidas
07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Awesome!

Solid D
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
:lol Moms are great! That's too funny. In a mom-sort-of-way, your mom own3d you, Angel.

boutons_
07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
It must have been a miracle! :lol

Congrats, Angie, that kind of stuff is always so much fun.

Kori Ellis
07-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Cute story, Angel.

I didn't see your text message until 4:30am and then I thought it was too late to text back :lol

Your mom is very cool. I'm sure Bruce enjoyed talking to her.

MoSpur
07-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Cool story Angel. Thanks for sharing.

angel_luv
07-26-2006, 12:24 PM
:lol Moms are great! That's too funny. In a mom-sort-of-way, your mom own3d you, Angel.

I know right! :oops

:lol

angel_luv
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Cute story, Angel.

I didn't see your text message until 4:30am and then I thought it was too late to text back :lol

Your mom is very cool. I'm sure Bruce enjoyed talking to her.

I briefly thought about waiting until around seven this morning to text you since it was so late, but then I realized that then was actually when you would likely be asleep.

alamo50
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
We both smiled and waved then I went back to my message.

1Parker1
07-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Should we assume that if it had been Rasho, you would have been standing much closer to him than 3 ft and that you wouldn't even be thinking about texting Kori? :lol

angel_luv
07-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Should we assume that if it had been Rasho, you would have been standing much closer to him than 3 ft and that you wouldn't even be thinking about texting Kori? :lol

:eyebrows

You may so assume. :angel

tehe! :)

rayray2k8
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Damn! I was an hour off!!
I work in terminal 2, but I think I would of rather meet angel_luv instead. :P

Phenomanul
07-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Awesome....!!! I'm sure you are thrilled to have your mom back in town though... :D

Have you gotten any other details from your mom??

angel_luv
07-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I have to go... my library computer time is up. :depressed

I will post about mom the next time I am online- prob tomorrow around this time. :)

Bye all!

spurs=bling
07-26-2006, 03:42 PM
that is so awesome!!

ShoogarBear
07-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Library computer time? WTF? Go whack midget upside the head and demand more time!

ducks
07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
what would you do if beno and rasho were their together?

angel_luv
07-27-2006, 12:36 PM
what would you do if beno and rasho were their together?

Wouldn't that be awesome! :elephant

I would say hi and then ask if the three of us could please take a picture together. I have wanted it for my avitar for forever now. :D

angel_luv
07-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Awesome....!!! I'm sure you are thrilled to have your mom back in town though... :D

Have you gotten any other details from your mom??

No details yet from Mom. Her sleep cycle is still crazy from the time difference. When I see her tomorrow I will get the full report. :)

GrandeDavid
07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I've met him and think he's a super guy.

angel_luv
07-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I agree- Bruce is a great person.

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
That's good luck at it's finest.

You guys in San Antonio are lucky as hell, every other day there's a "(insert player name)" sighting! thread in here.

Great story angel, did your mom talk to Bruce on the plane or something?

1Parker1
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM

You guys in San Antonio are lucky as hell, every other day there's a "(insert player name)" sighting! thread in here.

Hey! We get great "Allen Iverson," "Willie Green," "Matt Barnes" sightings!!! :lol

angel_luv
07-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Great story angel, did your mom talk to Bruce on the plane or something?

The part about her telling Bruce about how happy I would be to see him was either in the Houston waiting area or on the plane... I am not sure which.

I am guessing she passed by him in first class when boarding.

SequSpur
07-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Stalker.

angel_luv
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Stalker.

Guess I come by it naturally, eh? :angel

Must be some strong genes seeing as I am adopted. :lol

my2sons
07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
another example as to why spurs players love sa. the fact that you saw how tired he was and respected his privacy is what i particularly find awesome. that and you were still able to be acknowledged is all frosting....

lilmads
07-28-2006, 08:29 PM
another example as to why spurs players love sa. the fact that you saw how tired he was and respected his privacy is what i particularly find awesome. that and you were still able to be acknowledged is all frosting....

Very true...

Happy for you Angel:)