PDA

View Full Version : Will SPurs get #1 seed next year

Phil Hellmuth
07-26-2006, 02:47 PM
I think so.

Which means it will be a battle for 2nd seed with Dallas/PHX.

Which means Dallas/Phx will face each other in 2nd round! :elephant

Mavs_man_41
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
No.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes.

LEONARD
07-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Guessing games are fun...

POINTLESS

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Guessing games are fun...

POINTLESS
But still fun. :spin

Buddy Holly
07-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Who had an answer of "yes" when if asked this time last year...

"Will Miami win the title."

Hell, for all we know the Bucks or Jazz will win next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
But it's fun. :spin

G0D
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I think so.

Which means it will be a battle for 2nd seed with Dallas/PHX.

Which means Dallas/Phx will face each other in 2nd round! :elephant

i love watching them play. i just wish it was the old Dallas vs current Phoenix. only problem is that Steve Nash was on both teams.

actually imagine if Magic played with the Suns and Nash was still with Dallas back when there was no D in dallas. now that would be a series

SequSpur
07-26-2006, 03:49 PM
spurs will be the 5th seed.

Buddy Holly
07-26-2006, 03:52 PM
spurs will be the 5th seed.

And you will grow not only in height but in head hair.

JGrice02
07-26-2006, 04:02 PM
I can't think of 4 team in the NBA, much less the Western Conference, that will finish with a better record than the Spurs. The top 3 teams record-wise will be the Spurs, Suns and Mavs in no particular order. Everyone else is competing for the fourth best record. To argue otherwise is somewhat naive.

furry_spurry
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
No

Extra Stout
07-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Yes.

Dallas played lights out last year, and the Spurs played well despite major injuries. I can see the Mavs not running all all cylinders this year, while I can't see the Spurs playing any worse than they did last year (in the regular season).

So uh, the Spurs will have the #1 seed. In my opinion.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 04:46 PM
David Stern talked about re-evaluating the seeding process, has anything been done this offseason? I sure as hell hope so.

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Spurs play better when they haven't won the Championship the year before.

The trend is the Spurs will finish on top, and they will probably do a Detroit during the regular season.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2006, 04:49 PM
The Spurs will start out slow and get written off.

Again.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Spurs play better so much better when they haven't won the Championship the year before.

The trend is the Spurs will finish on top, and they will probably do a Detroit during the regular season.

Start strong then fizzle off?

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Start strong then fizzle off?
that makes no sense.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:02 PM
that makes no sense.

Then read it again.

Extra Stout
07-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Yes.

Dallas played lights out last year, and the Spurs played well despite major injuries. I can see the Mavs not running all all cylinders this year, while I can't see the Spurs playing any worse than they did last year (in the regular season).

So uh, the Spurs will have the #1 seed. In my opinion.

Josh Howard -- missed 23 games
Jerry Stackhouse -- missed 27 games
Devin Harris -- missed 26 games

"Lights out," you say?

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Then read it again.
you're the one who needs to learn to read Mr. Store Owner.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Josh Howard -- missed 23 games
Jerry Stackhouse -- missed 27 games
Devin Harris -- missed 26 games

"Lights out," you say?

Manu's injuries and TD playign the whole season on one foot hurt us more, I would say.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
you're the one who needs to learn to read Mr. Store Owner.

You said "he trend is the Spurs will finish on top, and they will probably do a Detroit during the regular season."

Doing a Detroit to me implies starting the season strong, but not finishing strong. That's what they did this past year. I don't know why that wouldn't make sense to you.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
...and yes, my family owns stores.

What does that have to do with my comments on the Spurs?

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
You said "he trend is the Spurs will finish on top, and they will probably do a Detroit during the regular season."

Doing a Detroit to me implies starting the season strong, but not finishing strong. That's what they did this past year. I don't know why that wouldn't make sense to you.
just ignore the regular season part.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
just ignore the regular season part.

The regular season is precisely what I was talking about.

They started the season on par to break the Bulls wins record, and finished with a record slightly better than the Mavs/Spurs. That to me is "fizzling off" at the end of the season.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Cont'd

The reg season is precisely what I was talking about what you SHOULD have been talking about, because this thread is about the #1 seed in the...*drumroll*...regular season.

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM

They started the season on par to break the Bulls wins record, and finished with a record slightly better than the Mavs/Spurs. That to me is "fizzling off" at the end of the season.
whatever if winning 65 games is fizzling off then I wish the Spurs would fizzle every year.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
whatever if winning 65 games is fizzling off then I wish the Spurs would fizzle every year.

Fizzling off and ending up losing in the Conference finals.

You want the Spurs to do that every year? Ok, guy.

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Conference finals

you just proved you weren't talking about the regular season.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:28 PM
you just proved you weren't talking about the regular season.

No.

That was in reply to your "I wish the Spurs finished like Detroit every year" comment. You just proved you're lacking reading/comprehension skills.

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 05:32 PM
No.

That was in reply to your "I wish the Spurs finished like Detroit every year" comment. You just proved you're lacking reading/comprehension skills.Dude you're not smart. You stated that you were referring to detroits regular season which you described as fizziling. I told you I would take fizzle every year. Now look at the second sentence Detroits regular season = Fizzle. Third sentence I would take fizzle every year, what = Fizzle?

2centsworth
07-26-2006, 05:35 PM
This might help you

What = Fizzle?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Dude you're not smart. You stated that you were referring to detroits regular season which you described as fizziling. I told you I would talk fizzle every year. Now look at the second sentence Detroits regular season = Fizzle. Third sentence I would take fizzle every year, what = Fizzle?

*sigh*

This is getting pointless very quick.

Let me explain one last time, then you're on your own buddy. Your first comment was 'the spurs will finish like Detroit' so I said 'start strong and fizzle?' to which you said 'I'm an idiot, what does that mean' to which I explained...that Detroit didn't finish strong last year. To which you said 'if 65 wins is bad I'll take it every year'

TO WHICH I POINTED OUT, FINISHING WITH 65 WINS ISN'T THAT GREAT IF IT MEANS YOU FINISHED POORLY, NOT ON A ROLL, AND ENDED UP GETTING BOUNCED IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS.

To which you changed the subject from you not being able to comprehend a simple statement to "Oh my god you like said like you weren't talknig about the playoffs but like now like you are like oh my god!". To which I reply, you're an idiot. My only reference to the playoffs in this thread was in reply to your comment about "I wouldn't mind the Spurs finishing like the Pistons every year".

I hope that clarifies it, if not...too bad.

reydawg
07-26-2006, 07:09 PM
I hope so. That 2-7 matchup in the Sweet 16 always seems to provide an upset each year. If they get a #1, the committee might even place them in the regional closest to home so all the alumni can make the games.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I hope so. That 2-7 matchup in the Sweet 16 always seems to provide an upset each year. If they get a #1, the committee might even place them in the regional closest to home so all the alumni can make the games.

Am I the only one scratching there head?

Obstructed_View
07-27-2006, 01:49 AM
It's spooky to walk into a thread where Please_dont_ban_me is the only sensible poster. I'm going to bed.

Mavs_man_41
07-27-2006, 02:34 AM
No.

Texas_Ranger
07-27-2006, 03:25 AM
Yes.!!

ponky
07-27-2006, 04:51 AM
Go ahead and have it, take a look at the last four years and tell me how the #1 seeds for both conferences have fared JUST GETTING to the Finals.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-27-2006, 06:26 AM
They'll drop no further than a 3 seed. Hard to predict anything when you have no clue how Butler/Elson/Bonner will perform.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
They'll drop no further than a 3 seed. Hard to predict anything when you have no clue how Butler/Elson/Bonner will perform.

Butler is a question mark.

But I think Bonner/Elson have both shown what they're capable of doing with there respective teams.

pking
08-01-2006, 06:03 PM
The spurs did not play bad during the regular season. The Spurs played bad in the first half of game 7 of the conference semi's. Otherwise, they'd probably be the champs again.

I'm going to get shit for that comment.

Anyway....I don't necessarily think SA will get the #1 seed, but it won't be any lower than 3.

NBA Junkie
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
The spurs did not play bad during the regular season. The Spurs played bad in the first half of game 7 of the conference semi's. Otherwise, they'd probably be the champs again.

I'm going to get shit for that comment.

I wouldn't say the Spurs played poorly. The Mavs played unbelievably well.

Oh, and everything Please don't ban me said made perfect sense.