PDA

View Full Version : Coulter seeks another way to make an ass of herself

Ocotillo
07-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Transcript (http://www.wonkette.com/politics/movies/coulter-comes-out-against-gay-clinton-marriage-189845.php)

Ms. COULTER: I think that sort of rampant promiscuity does show some level of latent homosexuality.

DEUTSCH: OK, I think you need to say that again. That Bill Clinton, you think on some level, has — is a latent homosexual, is that what you’re saying?

Ms. COULTER: Yeah.

Anything to keep her name in the news. :rolleyes

Ocotillo
07-26-2006, 08:10 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Click here (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/07/atlas_vlogs_nas.html)

Not as vulgar as Coulter but almost as crazy.

ObiwanGinobili
07-26-2006, 08:18 PM
So then, according to the Ann-Coulter-Measuring-Stick-Of-Hidden-Homosexuality, the following men may now stop faking and feel free to come on out of the closet and "fess up" to thier gayness:

*Henry VIII (posthumously)
*JFK (ditto)
*King Solomon(100's of concubines)
*Wilt Chamberlain
*Gene Simmons
*Hugh Hefner
*Sean Connery
*Hugh Grant (man whore)
*Colin Farrell (big time man whore)

the list goes on and on.

On the flip side I'm sure in some opposite universe somewhere she said something about a President with a two digit IQ being proof positive that $$ ='s power.

Guru of Nothing
07-26-2006, 08:22 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Click here (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/07/atlas_vlogs_nas.html)

Not as vulgar as Coulter but almost as crazy.

Funny, and not crazy at all - says the unbiased guy.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2006, 08:55 PM
She's a man, baby!

Nbadan
07-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Holy Ann Coulter!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=9ul_RAyC_rQ)

The part where 'it' talks about brain-washing is particularly adorable.

Crookshanks
07-27-2006, 09:23 AM
If you guys hate her so much, why do you keep reporting every little thing she does? If all the people who hated her just ignored her, maybe she wouldn't be in the news as often. Those of us who like her know where we can find her columns, books, and appearances on tv.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 09:58 AM
If you guys hate her so much, why do you keep reporting every little thing she does? If all the people who hated her just ignored her, maybe she wouldn't be in the news as often. Those of us who like her know where we can find her columns, books, and appearances on tv.
It helps them to not think about their own whackjobs in the Democratic Party. While Ann Coulter is a partisan, Right-wing, vitriolic, Conservative, Left-wing-hating, bombastic, entertaining, and usually right, professional commentator, author, and entertainer; her analogs in the Democratic party actually represent the party (or have in the past). People such as Nancy Pelosi, Howard "Yearrrrgh!" Dean, Terry McAulliffe, Paul Begala, James Carville, Harry Reid. Then you have the Liberal commentators that frequently outdo her such as Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, and the whole crew at AirAmeriscam. Not to mention liberal bloggers such as the DailyKos, that Greenwald dude, and all the gang at the Huffington Post.

That's why they continue to bloviate on Ann Coulter. It's easier than looking in their own house. And, she provides a convenient vent for them.

It's mildly entertaining.

clambake
07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I think she's a great hero for the far-right. She represents the intelligence of all red stater republicans.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I think she's a great hero for the far-right. She represents the intelligence of all red stater republicans.
She no more represents the far-right than, say, Randy Rhodes, Al Franken, or Jerry Springer represent the far-left; except that she's more articulate, better sourced, and funnier.

clambake
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
She is a she has not been proven. Randy Rhodes, don't know this person, Al Franken is a comedian. Suggesting that Jerry Springer represents the far-left makes you a comedian.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 10:34 AM
She is a she has not been proven. Randy Rhodes, don't know this person, Al Franken is a comedian. Suggesting that Jerry Springer represents the far-left makes you a comedian.
They're all leading commentators, with major shows, on AirAmeriscam.

You think Ann Coulter is rabid, you should listen to Randy Rhodes.

clambake
07-27-2006, 10:40 AM
If randy rhodes is anything like ann coulter, (I would be too ashamed to listen) no thank you.

Mr. Peabody
07-27-2006, 10:44 AM
You think Ann Coulter is rabid, you should listen to Randy Rhodes.

I agree, that opening riff to "Crazy Train" is amazing.

http://www.rock.ru/blacksabbath/IMG/RandyRoads.jpg

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 10:46 AM
If randy rhodes is anything like ann coulter, (I would be too ashamed to listen) no thank you.
Yeah, well, the left has them all over the place. For every Ann Coulter on the right, there are ten Randy Rhodes on the left. And, you should be embarrassed.

Mr. Peabody
07-27-2006, 10:47 AM

The funny thing is that Ann Coulter kind of looks like Randy Rhodes (only she has a larger Adam's apple)

Compare:

http://www.rock.ru/blacksabbath/IMG/RandyRoads.jpg

http://www.godandcountryevent.com/images/ann-big.jpg

clambake
07-27-2006, 10:54 AM
That would be a waste of time. I'm more embarrassed about my countries leadership.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 11:12 AM
That would be a waste of time. I'm more embarrassed about my countries leadership.
How 'bout Democratic spokespeople? Do they embarrass you?

STOLEN FROM POWERLINE BLOG (http://powerlineblog.com/archives/014813.php)

You probably haven't heard of former CIA employee Larry Johnson, but he has a certain cachet on the left. He has given the Democratic Party's weekly radio address, is a big favorite among liberal bloggers, and has appeared as an "expert" on terrorism on PBS and other mainstream outlets. So you might assume he isn't a complete moron.

Think again. The Larry Johnson paper trail starts in July 2001 (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/883raiiu.asp)--two months before September 11--when he wrote in the New York Times that the terrorist threat was "declining," and that Americans, despite being "bedeviled by fantasies about terrorism," have "little to fear" from such attacks. An interesting window into the mindset of the CIA, or at least a portion thereof, pre-September 11, but hardly a qualification to be considered an "expert" on the subject.

Johnson's obliviousness to the terrorist threat hasn't stood in the way of his being lionized by liberal Democrats, mostly because he took up the cudgels on behalf of socialite Valerie Plame, who was liberated from her desk job at the CIA by the happy fortuity of being named, accurately, as the guiding spirit behind her husband's ill-fated trip to Niger, which he lied about in the same newspaper that published Johnson's assessment that the terrorist threat was "declining."

But those were only figurative cudgels. Now the contemptible Mr. Johnson is issuing threats to conservative bloggers (http://newsbusters.org/node/6594). You think that might be hyperbole? Johnson wrote:

I know where you are living. You forget that I do work for the European Union and friends in Interpol. I've offered you a mature way to deal with this situation. You're obviously too immature and inexperienced to recognize the offer for what it is. Too bad.
Sounds llike a threat to me, even if Johnson wasn't the telephone caller who said, "You're a dead man." [that's some other left-wing whack job names Leopold. --Yonivore] We keep watching the left sink lower and lower, and every time we think they've hit bottom, they get worse. Here is a guy who has been an official spokesman for the Democratic Party and has been hailed as an expert on terrorism by PBS--never mind that his views were ludicrously off the mark--issuing threats of bodily harm to a little-known conservative blogger. One is tempted to say that the Democrats couldn't possibly sink lower, but somehow I suspect they will surprise us yet again.

clambake
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
You are really stuck in your mud. I'm not left or right. That's just one of your problems. Your so far right that its a commitment to deny certain truths.

You won't admit that this Iraq endevour is the biggest mistake of modern times.
You won't admit that wmd's were a total fabrication.
You won't admit that bush should have done something that resembled anything when he knew we would have planes hijacked. If he can send 150k troops and $300B (so far) to Iraq for a nonreason, He certainly could have done something about 9/11.
If you could just admit to any of this, your position might hold water.

I truly feel for you. It's like watching a friend make a total ass of himself and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.

It would be great to find some meat under all that sauce your serving.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 11:57 AM
How 'bout that Dean guy? Isn't he the head of the Democratic Party?

http://marklevinfan.com/Images/Howard%20Dean%20wearing%20a%20kaffiyeh%20January.. .jpg
Calls Maliki an anti-semite (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_DEAN?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-07-26-19-19-42), Katherine Harris a crook and compares her to Stalin (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-0726howarddean,0,4923632.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines), and then calls for an end to the divisiveness (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HOWARD_DEAN_DEMOCRATS?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-07-26-17-23-11).

Anyone else see the irony?

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
You are really stuck in your mud. I'm not left or right. That's just one of your problems. Your so far right that its a commitment to deny certain truths.

You won't admit that bush should have done something that resembled anything when he knew we would have planes hijacked. If he can send 150k troops and $300B (so far) to Iraq for a nonreason, He certainly could have done something about 9/11.

I truly feel for you. It's like watching a friend make a total ass of himself and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.

These kinds of posts are the reason you get mistaken for being a leftie. Nice recitation of three of the Left's articles of faith. Iraq is a mistake, WMD's was a lie, and Bush knew about 9/11 beforehand.

boutons_
07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
"articles of faith"

Articles of fucking truth, and those truths will be buttressed as more insiders in the next years tell their stories.

standard bullshit how youn turn "could have done something about 9/11" into "Bush knew about 9/11"

dubya/dickhead/Repugs are fucked every which way to Sunday, and it's all their doing.

Spurminator
07-27-2006, 01:32 PM
For those of you who (like me) are tired of the same old "Bush's Magic Memo" argument about how 9/11 should have been prevented, the 7/10-17 issue of The New Yorker had a very interesting article on Ali Soufan, an FBI agent in Yemen who was tracking al Qaeda after the Cole bombing. It goes into great detail about conflicts between the CIA and FBI in their separate investigations, and makes the case that if the CIA had shared its information more generously, 9/11 could have been prevented.

Not sure if it was really any new information (I think a lot of it was covered in the 9/11 Commission findings), but it was new to me. The link below is an interview with the reporter who wrote the article (Lawrence Wright, who also has a book on the subject). I couldn't find the article itself online.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/content/articles/060710on_onlineonly01

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 01:43 PM
It goes into great detail about conflicts between the CIA and FBI in their separate investigations, and makes the case that if the CIA had shared its information more generously, 9/11 could have been prevented.
Unfortunately, it wasn't a matter of if the agencies had shared information because, there's been statements that they wanted to share information. Jamie Gorelick (of the 9-11 Commission) was at the Justice Department, during the Clinton administration, and authored an opinion that basically erected a wall between domestic and foreign intelligence agencies and forbid them from sharing information that might have led to the discovery of many of the 9-11 hijackers prior to their suicide missions.

Spurminator
07-27-2006, 01:44 PM
That's what the article is partly about... The Wall. It covers information that might have been shared if not for that obstacle.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 01:46 PM
That's what the article is partly about... The Wall.
Here's an article (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040429-122228-6538r.htm) about Gorelick's involvement.

In light of this, I still find is amazing that she served on the 9-11 commission.

xrayzebra
07-27-2006, 02:16 PM

Ah yes, the old I am middle of the road and have an open mind thingy.

You got to be kidding me. You need to tell your little story to someone
who might believe you.... :lol

Ocotillo
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Tell 'em Ray. Your either with us or agin' us.

There is no middle ground. :lol

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Tell 'em Ray. Your either with us or agin' us.

There is no middle ground. :lol
None of those three assertions are middle-of-the-road beliefs.

1) The legitimacy and prosecution of the war in Iraq are arguable propositions but, holding the belief it is a mistake to be admitted is a liberal, left-wing concoction based on other articles of faith -- like, #2.

2) Liberals can dispute whether Iraq had as many WMDs as we believed they did; or whether they had all the kinds of WMDs of which they were suspected; or whether the WMDs Iraq had were mostly, or entirely, left over from the 1980s and 1990s; or whether the alleged mobile weapons labs really reflected nothing more than Saddam's taking a sudden, and very expensive, interest in weather balloons on the eve of war. But about the fact that Iraq possessed WMDs, there is no doubt. The "total fabrication" canard is completely without merit.

The problem for liberals is that once that basic fact is admitted, and the discussion becomes more nuanced--e.g., old WMDs versus new WMDs--then the discussion also has to include addional facts: that Saddam remained committed to building more WMDs at the earliest opportunity; that he had at his command ample staff and other resources to carry out that command; and that Iraq was moving successfully toward ending the corrupt U.N. sanctions regime, at which point WMD production would have resumed. And, of course, to do that would kind of throw a wrench into the whole article of faith that invading Iraq was a mistake.

3) It's complete conspiratorial, left-wing, nonsense that the President could have predicted the 9-11 attacks to the extent that specific actions could have been taken to prevent them. Name one thing the President could have done, prior to 9-11, that wouldn't have gotten him called a "jack-booted Nazi" in the New York Times?

Hell, his attempts to prevent a second attack have earned just that.

clambake
07-27-2006, 03:54 PM
He's earned the title of "Worlds most dangerous laughingstock".

I wasn't a "big" fan of Clinton until Bush showed up. As far as being President, Bush couldn't carry Clintons luggage. Bush destroyed yesterdays future.

clambake
07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
By the way, he knew it was about "hijacking planes".

Just and idea.....shut down the airlines until each commercial airliner has an armed officer aboard.

Nope. Bush shuts down airports AFTER the attack. Bush again being held back after class.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 04:05 PM
shut down the airlines until each commercial airline
You obviously forget the hue and cry that was cause by doing just this -- AFTER the attack.

boutons_
07-27-2006, 04:16 PM
"it is a mistake to be admitted"

It's not only liberals who see the lies of the WHIG/Repugs. Plenty of independents, centrists, right-of-center, and Repugs see the Repug Iraq war for what it is, a fucking disaster that fucked up Iraq and made USA no safer, at enormous costs. Watch how many Repugs run this year on the Iraq war, on the Repug record in general, run on dubya's coattails. Not a fucking one, because if they did, they know it would be suicide. They are running exclusively on $$pork delivery, gay-marriage, stem-cells, flag-buring, and other issues totally unrelated the smelly pink elephant in the room they try to ignore: Repug war in Iraq.

" "total fabrication" canard is completely without merit."

Bullshit, the WMD were not findable by UN Inspectors, were stilll not there when dubya's very own searchers looked for them after the invasion. The intelligence was cherry picked, the CIA/NSA doubters of that intelligence were silenced, the decision to invade Iraq was made the the WHIG and everybody better fucking go along, evidence be damned. The entire march to war was fabrication on the neo-cons, and a huge distraction from the real war on terror.

"nonsense that the President could have predicted the 9-11 attacks"

No one is saying predicted? what? day? hour? of course not. As usuall totally beside the point. Based on the "airplanes into builidngs, etc" chatter in th months before 9/11, there could have been a huge show of force at airports, unifiorms walking airports and security/boarding gates with weapons, the FBI/CIA ordered to follow up rather than suppress leads (arabs taking flight traing), more/thorogh passenger inspections, etc.

more complete bullshit. you'r really squirming in your total defeat, YV. And the US public is predominantly not buying the WHIG and YV bullshit anymore.

The WHIG/Repugs absolutely refused, in their macho hubris, in 2001 to even admit there was any threat. Didn't want to rock the totally false impression that they were in total control. They had achieved their sole objective in getting elected: ram through massive tax cuts for rich + corps as fast as possible after taking office (thereir entire agenda for 2001), and then they basically went on vacation until 9/11.

Spurminator
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Just and idea.....shut down the airlines until each commercial airliner has an armed officer aboard.

Brilliant. I see no holes whatsoever with this plan.

Spurminator
07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
unifiorms walking airports and security/boarding gates with weapons, the FBI/CIA ordered to follow up rather than suppress leads (arabs taking flight traing), more/thorogh passenger inspections, etc.

The only part of this that makes any sense at all is the reference to intelligence suppression. Do you really think in a pre-9/11 world that armed security guards at airports would have stopped men from getting on a plane with box cutters? It's not like we missed a bunch of gangsters boarding planes with AK-47s...

9/11 is something that should have been stopped far in advance of 9/11. al-Qaeda operatives should have never been allowed to enter the COUNTRY, let alone take flight training classes.

Yonivore
07-27-2006, 05:03 PM
The only part of this that makes any sense at all is the reference to intelligence suppression. Do you really think in a pre-9/11 world that armed security guards at airports would have stopped men from getting on a plane with box cutters? It's not like we missed a bunch of gangsters boarding planes with AK-47s...

9/11 is something that should have been stopped far in advance of 9/11. al-Qaeda operatives should have never been allowed to enter the COUNTRY, let alone take flight training classes.
And, again, you can thank Clinton's Assistant Attorney General, Jamie Gorelick, for the federal blinders on that matter.

clambake
07-27-2006, 05:55 PM
How do you bring people together when some of them are too childish or too gutless to admit the truth?

Unlike some of you, I will not be clutching the good book, thanking God for my president and claiming my life was completely fulfilled while missiles begin to rain down on our heads just because Bush has once again done something foolish.