PDA

View Full Version : Need help with songs without the vocals...

usckk
07-27-2006, 12:10 AM
How do I remove the vocals from a song? or Where can I download the background music without the vocals?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:51 AM
There's some programs out there that will do it.

I'd have to go through my shit and find them, it'd be quicker to just Google. Keep in mind though the quality goes down when you do that, and the vocals are never COMPLETELY removed.

If it's a well-known song, just type in the song name and 'instrumental' on any file sharing network.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2006, 03:15 AM
I believe Vogone is the name of one of the programs that can do this. You might be able to find it through the legal channels or otherwise. These programs work better on some songs much better than others depending on how they were recorded (e.g., if there is a bunch of reverb on the vocals, that will never be eliminated.)

As for background music w/o vocals, you can usually find a karaoke disc if it's a popular song. Try totalkaraoke.com and search for it. Otherwise you can look for it in filesharing services or on IRC, though those methods can be more complicated.

usckk
07-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys.

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2006, 08:43 AM
How do I remove the vocals from a song? or Where can I download the background music without the vocals?
instrumental

leemajors
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
with a decent multi track editing program you can remove the vocal track easily. i have seen it done before, it wasn't hard. then again i can't remember the program that was