PDA

View Full Version : I'm craving some t-bone steak.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:04 AM
So what's the best steak place in town?

I've heard Saltgrass, Texas Land, and Ruths Cris come up everytime somebody's talking about steak. Which one is the best?

Gatita
07-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Texas Land & Cattle
Texas Roadhouse
Morton's

I would normally recommend Ruth's Chris, but the last two times that I went there it wasn't that great in comparison to my past visits.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-27-2006, 01:11 AM

I've heard Saltgrass, Texas Land, and Ruths Cris come up everytime somebody's talking about steak. Which one is the best?
:tu The best steak I've ever had. It will cost you :bling though.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:12 AM
As long as it's not more than 25-30 bucks per person it's alright.

rayray2k8
07-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Texas Land & Cattle
Texas Roadhouse
Morton's

I would normally recommend Ruth's Chris, but the last two times that I went there it wasn't that great in comparison to my past visits.

I think Texas Roadhouse is the best.
Rib-eye is fucking awsome! '
Getting hungry just thinking about it. :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Is Ribeye pork?

I saw that on the menu at Bennigans (whose steak sucked, btw) and wasn't sure.

Gatita
07-27-2006, 01:17 AM
As long as it's not more than 25-30 bucks per person it's alright.

If you want a great tasting steak at a reasonable price I would definatley head to the Texas Roadhouse. The sirloin and ribs are :tu

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/images/Steak_ribs_potato.jpg

THE SIXTH MAN
07-27-2006, 01:18 AM
Is Ribeye pork?

I saw that on the menu at Bennigans (whose steak sucked, btw) and wasn't sure.
http://a725.g.akamai.net/7/725/1095/000029/www.omahasteaks.com/gifs/large/160x120_rb016.jpg This is a ribeye.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:18 AM
If you want a great tasting steak at a reasonable price I would definatley head to the Texas Roadhouse. The sirloin and ribs are :tu

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/images/Steak_ribs_potato.jpg

How reasonable are the prices?

If it's like 10 there and 18 at Ruths Cris (however you spell it) then it's not really worth it. I just want the best juiciest, nicest steak in town. I've been having this craving for a week now, something must be done. :depressed

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:19 AM
http://a725.g.akamai.net/7/725/1095/000029/www.omahasteaks.com/gifs/large/160x120_rb016.jpg This is a ribeye.

Any pork or pig prouct in it?

Gatita
07-27-2006, 01:20 AM
How reasonable are the prices?

If it's like 10 there and 18 at Ruths Cris (however you spell it) then it's not really worth it. I just want the best juiciest, nicest steak in town. I've been having this craving for a week now, something must be done. :depressed

We spent easily over $100 at Ruth's Chris and around $50-60 at Texas Roadhouse.

Buddy Holly
07-27-2006, 01:20 AM
They're opening a new Chris Ruth's off of 1604 and Huebner.

Btw, is there a Mi Tierra at that same location??

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
We spent easily over $100 at Ruth's Chris and around $50-60 at Texas Roadhouse.

How big of a difference was it, quality/taste wise?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
They're opening a new Chris Ruth's off of 1604 and Huebner.

Btw, is there a Mi Tierra at that same location??

I've never really looked, but I drive by there everyday and live in the area...never noticed anything by that name.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 01:26 AM
grey moss inn

Gatita
07-27-2006, 01:26 AM
How big of a difference was it, quality/taste wise?

Can't really compare. I had a filet mignon at Ruth's Chris and I always get the sirloin and ribs at the Texas Roadhouse. Like I said, I was disappointed the last two times I went to Ruth's Chris. I've been happy with the consistency of the Texas Roadhouse. :)

If you are going to pay and arm and a leg I suggest going to Morton's over Ruth's Chris.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Any pork or pig prouct in it?
no.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 01:29 AM
there is supposedly a really good steakhouse out 181 going toward floresville also, but i know most of you fucks would never goto the south side so you sure as hell arent going south of San Antonio.

:)

THE SIXTH MAN
07-27-2006, 01:31 AM
If you are going to pay and arm and a leg I suggest going to Morton's over Ruth's Chris.
You cant go wrong with Morton's either.

Buddy Holly
07-27-2006, 01:37 AM
there is supposedly a really good steakhouse out 181 going toward floresville also, but i know most of you fucks would never goto the south side so you sure as hell arent going south of San Antonio.

:)

:lol

I should slap whoever is scared of driving through south San Antonio. :lol

Speaking of Floresville, that area is beautiful.

My family has land in that general area and it's so serene.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Can't really compare. I had a filet mignon at Ruth's Chris and I always get the sirloin and ribs at the Texas Roadhouse. Like I said, I was disappointed the last two times I went to Ruth's Chris. I've been happy with the consistency of the Texas Roadhouse. :)

Texas Roadhouse sounds good...

You know where the closest one to 1604@Stone Oak would be?

Buddy Holly
07-27-2006, 01:39 AM
I know there's one off of Ingram and 410.

Buddy Holly
07-27-2006, 01:40 AM
I heard Outback had some good steak.

Slomo
07-27-2006, 01:40 AM
You cant go wrong with Morton's either.
:tu

Just don't laugh at the menu "presentation" :lol

C.J.
07-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Shyt, in da hood, we be on some 40 oz. and chips.

shyne
07-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Little Red Barn is the shit.

leemajors
07-27-2006, 07:41 AM
buy a good cut at the butcher and cook it yourself. i rarely go out and pay for steak, i can cook it better myself. if i do pay for one, it's at the capitol city steakhouse in austin.

Taco
07-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Little Red Barn is the shit.

Yeppers!!!

KEDA
07-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Barn Door

North New Braunfels and 410, the location over by Sea World sucks.

when is this Ruth Cris supposed to open at 1604 @ Huebner? I need a new place to go for lunch!

KEDA
07-27-2006, 08:59 AM
and the closest Texas Roadhouse to you is going to be at 1604 and 35 in Live Oak.

Taco
07-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Barn Door

North New Braunfels and 410, the location over by Sea World sucks.

when is this Ruth Cris supposed to open at 1604 @ Huebner? I need a new place to go for lunch!

They've closed that one already

Jimcs50
07-27-2006, 11:44 AM
The Barn Door

SpursWoman
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
The last time I was at Saltgrass it was fantastic. :tu

NorCal510
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
im craving some bonless bbq wings from kfc

how da hell do they make em boneless? chicken got bones dont they?

Kori Ellis
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
We just went to Saltgrass on 10 & Huebner the other day and it was fantastic. We don't eat T-Bones though -- just Ribeyes.

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Screw Texas Roadhouse.

I'm personally boycotting them for screwing the guy in LaVernia.

Like anyone thought a roadhouse bar in LaVernia, TX was trying to rip-off a cheesy NOT BASED IN TEXAS chain called "Texas Roadhouse" by calling itself "True Blue Texas Roadhouse".

If you eat at that crappy chain, you should turn in your Texas citizenship and move to New fucking York.

(And no, I'm not being self-righteous...I frequent the LaVernia establishment quite often, thank you very much...)

Taco
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
http://www.grillrezept.de/t-bone.jpg

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
^ :(

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Screw Texas Roadhouse.

I'm personally boycotting them for screwing the guy in LaVernia.

Like anyone thought a roadhouse bar in LaVernia, TX was trying to rip-off a cheesy NOT BASED IN TEXAS chain called "Texas Roadhouse" by calling itself "True Blue Texas Roadhouse".

If you eat at that crappy chain, you should turn in your Texas citizenship and move to New fucking York.

(And no, I'm not being self-righteous...I frequent the LaVernia establishment quite often, thank you very much...)

So what happened, they made that place change it's name or what?

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
So what happened, they made that place change it's name or what?

Yep...they sued.

Fucking assholes.

Like the time Floriduh based Alamo Rent-A-Car tried to keep the AlamoBowl from being called the AlamoBowl. Except a bar owner in LaVernia doesn't have enough jack to fight the out-of-state corporate dickheads so he has to change the name of his business.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Yep...they sued.

Fucking assholes.

Like the time Floriduh based Alamo Rent-A-Car tried to keep the AlamoBowl from being called the AlamoBowl. Except a bar owner in LaVernia doesn't have enough jack to fight the out-of-state corporate dickheads so he has to change the name of his business.

I hope you have enough jack to keep your screen name.

Well, did the Lavernia guy open his place after the big chain had already built a name for themselves? I can understand the beef with a Rental company and a football game, there being no relation.

But with two restaurants with similar names...when one is nationally known... I would try to protect my company's name too. That's assuming they had it first.

Sportcamper
07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/675000/images/_676072_cliff150.jpg

Rib-eye is a beef steak... Highly regarded boneless cut from the rib section...(AKA PRIME RIB)... The “eye” in its name refers to the round cross-section of a muscle that is not well exercised, so rib-eye steak is very tender... Succulent and well-marbled with fat, the rib-eye is also known as the Delmonico steak.... It took this name from Delmonico’s, a chic New York restaurant that popularized this luxury steak in the mid 1800s... :smokin

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2006, 02:33 PM

Do you need your meat to be halal? Or are you not that strict?

i'm just asking because a friend of mine is muslim and lives in Arkansas and is always complaining about how hard it is to buy food that is halal. She gets some things shipped from New York. Otherwise she buys Kosher since that is allowed.

KEDA
07-27-2006, 03:53 PM
im craving some bonless bbq wings from kfc

how da hell do they make em boneless? chicken got bones dont they?

one more post proving my theroy that you are the dumbest motherfucker around.

PDBM asked for steak, last time I checked Boneless Buffalo Wings arent from a cow.

and boneless wings come from the chicken breast

T Park
07-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Saltgrass steakhouse, is by farrrrr and away the best steak in the state.

Add some peppercorn and that brandy sauce. DAMN.

Romano potatoes or Garlic mashed.

Damn Atkins diet.

Saltgrass. No brainer.

BTW

Hey Saltgrass, build one on NE Millitary drive you fucks.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 05:24 PM
no build one on the fucking southside you fucks.

leemajors
07-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Damn Atkins diet.

Saltgrass. No brainer.

BTW

i'll go with captitol city steakhouse and truluck's here in austin any day over that.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 05:30 PM
There is actually a really good place in Ft Worth, Triple D steakhouse or something, its in the Stockyards.

And Grey Moss Inn is the best in San Antonio that I have had. Expensive as fuck, but absolutely awesome.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 05:58 PM
no build one on the fucking southside you fucks.

Wasn't there beef over there not being a bookstore on the southside?

I doubt building a up-scale steak place there would be fiscally feasible of them.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Do you need your meat to be halal? Or are you not that strict?

i'm just asking because a friend of mine is muslim and lives in Arkansas and is always complaining about how hard it is to buy food that is halal. She gets some things shipped from New York. Otherwise she buys Kosher since that is allowed.

I was real strict on it until about 3 years ago.

We still only eat Halal meat in the house, my mom is real strict on it. There are places here in SA we get it from...there's a few actually. But if I go out, I'm not as strict on it anymore...in fact not at all. I'm going to hell. :(

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 06:01 PM

Damn Atkins diet.

Saltgrass. No brainer.

BTW

Sounds good, that's next on the list.

I had some of the "bourbon steak?" at Applebees today, not bad at all. Not quite the juicy T-bone I was looking for but it got the job done.

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I hope you have enough jack to keep your screen name.

Well, did the Lavernia guy open his place after the big chain had already built a name for themselves? I can understand the beef with a Rental company and a football game, there being no relation.

But with two restaurants with similar names...when one is nationally known... I would try to protect my company's name too. That's assuming they had it first.

Anyone who wants my screen name can have it for WAY less than it takes to file a lawsuit. :lol

The point here is not who started the business first. Actually, I think the steak house may have had the name "Texas Roadhouse" first. I believe they're based in Kentucky. I may be wrong about that, but I KNOW they're based somewhere NORTH of the Red River.

The problem I have is the fact that a corporation that wouldn't know a Texas Roadhouse if it waltzed up, shook hands, announced itself as a Texas Roadhouse and then bit the corporation on the ASS in front of a football stadium full of fans, shouldn't be able to tell an actual TEXAS ROADHOUSE what it can or can't call itself.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 06:16 PM

I doubt building a up-scale steak place there would be fiscally feasible of them.

You obviously havent been around Brooks lately for one.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 06:40 PM
You obviously havent been around Brooks lately for one.

Most intelligent reply ever. :elephant

davi78239
07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
They need to build more Texas Roadhouses dammit. I don't understand San Antonio and their philosophy to building just one or two of a good thing most of the time. Take Olive Garden for example. The damn place is always fucking packed and they finally built another off I-10 and in New Braunfels. As for steak houses, they need to build more Logan's Roadhouses because that's some damn good food too.

T Park
07-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Please Don't.

Have you not seen the development???

The whole line about building on the southside is not fiscally feasible is bullshit.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Please Don't.

Have you not seen the development???

The whole line about building on the southside is not fiscally feasible is bullshit.

Just going off what I've heard.

Normally the nice steak places are on the more up-scale parts of town. If it's true that big company's like Barnes & Nobles didn't want to build a bookstore down there, then I don't see why big company's would be interested in making a restaurant with $20 plates...

I don't have anything against the Southside, or any part of SA for that matter. I'm just stating what I thought was a generally held observation/belief.

KEDA
07-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Eric

Barn Door

soon

thats were a good steak can be found!

PERIOD!!!

NorCal510
07-27-2006, 07:48 PM
one more post proving my theroy that you are the hyphiest motherfucker around.

PDBM asked for steak, last time I checked Boneless Buffalo Wings are from a cow.

and boneless wings come from the chicken breast

iight fo sho

Fillmoe
07-27-2006, 07:53 PM
i thought muslims didnt eat beef?

SpursWoman
07-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Pork

Fillmoe
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Pork

lol i know... im sikh and i think the poster is too.... i just wanted to know how he/she would respond

tlongII
07-27-2006, 07:56 PM
We're going to have a Shula's Steakhouse opening here this fall. Can't wait!

KEDA
07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
iight fo sho

english, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

GrandeDavid
07-27-2006, 08:35 PM
In Phat Antonio, Ruth's Chris is my favorite, although I would rather you try a filet mignon, which is off the hizzie.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't have anything against the Southside, or any part of SA for that matter. I'm just stating what I thought was a generally held observation/belief.

You should put aside your commonly held ideas and take a drive, you will learn that most of them will be chopped full of holes.

NorCal510
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
english, motherfucker, do you speak it?!
ebonics, mofucka, do u kno it?

Kori Ellis
07-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Eric

Barn Door

soon

thats were a good steak can be found!

PERIOD!!!

I know that you think you are the authority on stuff. But Barn Door isn't as good as Saltgrass has been in the last year or so.

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
They need to build more Texas Roadhouses dammit. I don't understand San Antonio and their philosophy to building just one or two of a good thing most of the time. Take Olive Garden for example. The damn place is always fucking packed and they finally built another off I-10 and in New Braunfels. As for steak houses, they need to build more Logan's Roadhouses because that's some damn good food too.

Yes...actual Texas Roadhouses like the one in LaVernia...we definitely need more of those.

If you mean the Yankee chain store "Texas Roadhouse", screw you and the horse you rode in to Texas on.

FUCK Texas Roadhouse.

SpursWoman
07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I know that you think you are the authority on stuff. But Barn Door isn't as good as Saltgrass has been in the last year or so.

Not by a long shot. Saltgrass was the first place I can ever remember being able to literally cut my steak with the side of a fork. I was extremely impressed.

AlamoSpursFan
07-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Holy shit...I just noticed dude referrenced Olive Garden as a good Italian restaurant. That's like saying that Mark Cuban is a good NBA Team owner...

slayermin
07-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Is this right?

Filet mignon>Ribeye>Porterhouse>T-Bone>Sirloin

Suppposedly Kobe beef is the best but it's difficult to get outside a Japanese restaurant. Angus is suppose to be pretty close.

I have also heard that steakhouses have better cuts of meat than anything you can buy in super markets. I don't know if that's true or not.

Das Texan
07-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Kobe beef is also very expensive.

you can get some here:

http://www.exoticmeats.com/store/index.php?cPath=24_75&osCsid=c0582eb00cfab33034efd571347620b7

I still need to try it, maybe I'll buy some and cook it up sometime soon.

leemajors
07-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Is this right?

Filet mignon>Ribeye>Porterhouse>T-Bone>Sirloin

Suppposedly Kobe beef is the best but it's difficult to get outside a Japanese restaurant. Angus is suppose to be pretty close.

I have also heard that steakhouses have better cuts of meat than anything you can buy in super markets. I don't know if that's true or not.

for the most part, yeah. but it really depends on who is cooking it and how. a great sauce/glaze marinade can make any steak great. real kobe beef is very expensive to import. a lot of stateside places have good beef they pass off as kobe, but it's not technically the same:
http://www.askthemeatman.com/kobe_beef.htm

Kobe beef is considered the most exclusive beef in the world.

Technically speaking, there's no such thing as Kobe beef, it is merely the shipping point for beef from elsewhere in Japan.

What is called "Kobe beef" comes from the ancient province of Tajima, now named Hyogo Prefecture, of which Kobe is the capital.

Real beef connoisseurs, however, still refer to it as Tajima beef. This beef comes from an ancient stock of cattle called "kuroge Wagyu" (black haired Japanese cattle).

Today they are raised on only 262 small farms, most of which pasture fewer than five cows, and the largest of which run only 10 to 15 animals.

Each animal is pampered like a spoiled child. Their diets are strictly controlled and during the final fattening process, cattle are fed hefty quantities of sake and beer mash.

Each animal gets a daily massage. The theory is that mellow, relaxed cows make good beef.

you can get a kobe burger at waterloo icehouse, but chances are they're not real kobe beef.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
lol i know... im sikh and i think the poster is too.... i just wanted to know how he/she would respond

kidhan pa ji

Na, I'm not Sikh. I am Punjabi though. :fro

scott
07-27-2006, 10:40 PM
No one has mentioned SA Prime? Support a Spurstalk.com'er (msufan) and head out there for your T-Bone!

Salt Grass is great during happy hour though... $1 Shiner at the Bar (actually... I think they raised it to $1.50...)

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Scott,

Are you the same scott that came to Ward's gym for the bball thing?

And $1 shiner, that's crazy. You can't even get it for that much at the store.

scott
07-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, that's me.

Before you get too excited about the $1 Shiner... it's like a 12 oz. glass... but still, a good deal.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 10:47 PM
That's not bad at all.

We sell the 12 oz bottles for 1.39...and so do most other stores. Where is the place you're talking about located, the SA Prime?

scott
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
SA Prime is located on Broadway inside of 410, just past where Karma/Rebar/Revolution Room etc. are.

They actually were recently named "Best New Restaurant" for 2006 by SA Current Readers. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16493276&BRD=2318&PAG=461&dept_id=553352&rfi=6

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Cool, I'm in that area often...used to live there as well. I will check it out.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I am craving some goat daal.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Hahah I see India Palace on there at #2 for best ethnic restaurant.

Good Indian food I'm telling you. Not much variety though. They put the same 10 dishes out every day. With the same 5 sweets. :rolleyes

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm surprised noone has mentioned Good Time Charlies.
that was the best T-Bone I've had in San Antoino.
yum.

I mostly order ribeyes or filet mignons.... but that ribeye was so good i cried. 16 oz's of sheer red juicy perfection. :p of course I was pregnant, so that maybe where the crying came into play.
I had to take my sides home in a doggy bag so that I could eat the whole steak fresh there at the place.

ahhhhh. memories.

KEDA
07-28-2006, 08:38 AM

I go to Saltgrass alot as well, but my personal prefrence is still Barn Door.

but Saltgrass is a close second, probably one of the better Prime Rib places that are still in business.

Veladi Ranch was probably the best prime rib joint in San Antonio, too bad its not open anymore.

KEDA
07-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Also Kori, did you guys go to the Barn Door over by your house, or the one on N. New Braunfels?

there was a HUGE difference between the two.

Kori Ellis
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Also Kori, did you guys go to the Barn Door over by your house, or the one on N. New Braunfels?

there was a HUGE difference between the two.

New Braunfels.

The one by our house is closed down.

maxpower
07-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Noticed GrandeDavid posted about RuthChris...therefore I submit a link for those who like that type of establishment.

http://www.mortons.com/steakandseafood/

Kori Ellis
07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
I've only eaten at Morton's in Beverly Hills and Vegas (not the one here) but I'd imagine it's the same thing.

I hate sitting through their whole menu presentation.

Jekka
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM

My job right now is mapping community resources in the southside and eastside, and I can tell you right now that there still aren't any bookstores there - and many zip codes in that area do not have public library branches. Added to the lack of adequate Via service in those zip codes without libraries, it's no wonder a lot of those kids aren't testing well when their only source of literature are their public school libraries, and they rarely see their parents reading. </soapbox>

On topic, my dad has been buying steaks and tenderloins from the meat market at the Barn Door for the last 20+ years and freezing them in Houston to cook later. They've always come out well, so it's a good option for cooking your own (reasonably priced by the way) - the whole tenderloins are great for entertaining, too.

The last few times I've been to Morton's I've thought their steaks were a little overrated - I love it for the sides (their creamed spinach is fantastic).

leemajors
07-28-2006, 01:52 PM
gonna buy some new york strips later, put them in the smoker for at least 20 minutes first though, let them cook partially and soak up that smoke, then grill them. it will be delicious. may get t-bones depending on how they look.

davi78239
07-28-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm surprised no ones mentioned the infamous Little Red Barn for a descent steak at a descent price. I haven't been in a while but I know their food ain't bad. Good rolls, salad, and pretty good steak fries too. Oh and I like those cowgirl outfits the waitresses wear.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm surprised noone has mentioned Good Time Charlies.
that was the best T-Bone I've had in San Antoino.
yum.

I mostly order ribeyes or filet mignons.... but that ribeye was so good i cried. 16 oz's of sheer red juicy perfection. :p of course I was pregnant, so that maybe where the crying came into play.
I had to take my sides home in a doggy bag so that I could eat the whole steak fresh there at the place.

ahhhhh. memories.

The only time I've heard that name is on the 760 ads.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Hahah I see India Palace on there at #2 for best ethnic restaurant.

Good Indian food I'm telling you. Not much variety though. They put the same 10 dishes out every day. With the same 5 sweets. :rolleyes

India Palace is pretty fucking good, but if its the one im thinking of, its wayyyy too expensive.

tlongII
07-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Best Restaurant More Than 20 Years Old
1. Earl Abel’s
2. Mi Tierra
3. Spaghetti Warehouse

:lmao

You gotta be effin' kidding me!

Notorious H.O.P.
07-28-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm surprised no ones mentioned the infamous Little Red Barn for a descent steak at a descent price. I haven't been in a while but I know their food ain't bad. Good rolls, salad, and pretty good steak fries too. Oh and I like those cowgirl outfits the waitresses wear.

It was mentioned at the bottom of the first page. Decent place to stop off at but in that price range, I like to go to Josephine St. Nice little roadhouse atmosphere with a big honkin' tree right in the middle of it. They are a little hit and miss though. Some days the steak is fantastic others mearly good.

I've eaten at Barn Door about five times and it was good but I still like Saltgrass better. Outback is good too but the kind of information I look for is the "hole-in-the-wall" little know joints in and around town. Any one of those with a great steak?

Also, I'm headed to Vegas next month and I always try to hit a top quality steakhouse. So far my favorites are the Voodoo Cafe at the Rio and Prime at Bellagio. Thinking about going to the Emeril's Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian. Any Vegas goers have any other suggestions?

pseudofan
07-28-2006, 05:38 PM

What the heck kind of question is that????

Thou shalt not regard any steak above the Ruths Chris steak-pseudofanian 1:12 :angel

Mr Dio
07-28-2006, 11:50 PM
I go to Saltgrass alot as well, but my personal prefrence is still Barn Door.

but Saltgrass is a close second, probably one of the better Prime Rib places that are still in business.

Veladi Ranch was probably the best prime rib joint in San Antonio, too bad its not open anymore.

Saltgrass is awesome.
If you ever get to eat the steak @ Reggiano's I'd highly suggest it.
The Piatti's ribeye BLEW!

furry_spurry
07-29-2006, 12:21 AM
I am not a beef eater, but one I know swears by the prime rib at Houston's. The closest one to San Antonio is in Austin. I could go for some of their chicken strips.