PDA

View Full Version : Poor Mavs, unending stream of bad press, and its their own bitchy fault

boutons_
07-27-2006, 04:29 PM
July 27, 2006
Publicist: Hasselhoff Was Sick, Not Drunk

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 4:51 p.m. ET

LONDON (AP) -- A spokesperson for David Hasselhoff (http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/filmography.html?p_id=30938&inline=nyt-per) denied a report Thursday that the former ''Baywatch'' and ''Knight Rider'' star had been turned away from a British Airways flight because he was drunk.

Judy Katz, the actor's publicist, called the story by the tabloid Sun ''totally untrue.''

Katz said Hasselhoff had not been drinking, but felt unwell after taking some medication for a recent arm injury and wasn't able to get on a flight Wednesday from Heathrow Airport to Los Angeles.

The Sun reported the actor had been told he could not board the flight because he was drunk. Witnesses told the newspaper Hasselhoff appeared to have trouble standing and told staff he was upset about his divorce from Pamela Bach. The divorce was finalized Wednesday in a Los Angeles court.

Hasselhoff, 54, was allowed to get on a later flight, the newspaper said.

The airline said only that a male passenger had been refused boarding after he was deemed unfit to travel.

''They gave him some strong antibiotics and he got sick at the airport,'' Katz said. ''He couldn't get on the plane. It was his choice. He got on the later flight.''

Last month, the actor sliced four tendons and an artery in a shaving accident at his London hotel.

Earlier this month, there were press reports that an intoxicated Hasselhoff had to be removed from the All England Club, which presents the Wimbledon tennis championships. He denied the claim.

Hasselhoff filed for divorce from Bach on Jan. 12 after 16 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. Bach, 42, filed her own divorce papers, also citing irreconcilable differences.

==========================

Hasselhoff is a shitty TV actor, which means REALLY shitty, a shitty singer, and a loser in general who got lucky with TV dreck shows that caught on. How delightful that he's associated with Dirk and the Mavs. :lol

Eric Dampier
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
are you jealous of the Mavs success last year?

LEONARD
07-27-2006, 04:52 PM
What's really funny is the way the national media and NBA fans in general jumped on this "bit" that Dirk was doing and ran with it... :lol

Do people really think that Mavs fans give 2 $hits about Hasselhoff??? :lol

Oh yea, good thread :drunk

2centsworth
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
are you jealous of the Mavs success last year?
Anything less than a championship is a major disappointment around here. Funny how you think the Mavs were successful.

LEONARD
07-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Anything less than a championship is a major disappointment around here. Funny how you think the Mavs were successful.

It was a step in the right direction for the Mavs...even if it was a major collapse...

Beat the Spurs without homecourt advantage
Beat the Suns to get to the finals, after getting knocked out by them last season
Get some finals experience

Can't wait for next season... :fro

Eric Dampier
07-27-2006, 05:37 PM

spurs fans and Cowboy fans are pathetic and funny. they think they will always win but instead of facing the truth right now, they bring up past glory. "we have 3 rings" "we have 5 superbowls, most in the NFL!" in 2 or 3 years when Duncan gets old and worse you guys will pray just to get to a .500 season. kinda like the Cowboy fans. they say they only will settle for a championship. they better settle for somethin else less because those glory days are gone forever. learn to accept it. (if your a Cowboy fan lol)

confined
07-27-2006, 07:14 PM
greatest thread ever? :rolleyes

Extra Stout
07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
What's really funny is the way the national media and NBA fans in general jumped on this "bit" that Dirk was doing and ran with it... :lol

Do people really think that Mavs fans give 2 $hits about Hasselhoff??? :lol

Oh yea, good thread :drunk
Oh, now you've done it. You've gone and dissed The Hoff. May God have mercy on your soul.

Beer is Good
07-27-2006, 11:44 PM
spurs fans and Cowboy fans are pathetic and funny. they think they will always win but instead of facing the truth right now, they bring up past glory. "we have 3 rings" "we have 5 superbowls, most in the NFL!" in 2 or 3 years when Duncan gets old and worse you guys will pray just to get to a .500 season. kinda like the Cowboy fans. they say they only will settle for a championship. they better settle for somethin else less because those glory days are gone forever. learn to accept it. (if your a Cowboy fan lol)
The Cowboys are on a short list of contenders for the Super Bowl this year. The Spurs have won 7 titles in three years and will contend still. The Mavs will contend as long as Marky Mark doesn't blow up and wreck his team in the PO... of wait, he does that every year. Good luck.

2centsworth
07-28-2006, 12:33 AM
We appreciate past glory because it's so difficult to win Championships. Surely a Mavs fan can understand that.

2centsworth
07-28-2006, 12:38 AM
It was a step in the right direction for the Mavs...even if it was a major collapse...

Beat the Spurs without homecourt advantage
Beat the Suns to get to the finals, after getting knocked out by them last season
Get some finals experience

Can't wait for next season... :fro
At this point you guys are almost on par with the Jazz. We will see what next year brings.

BigD1
07-28-2006, 01:20 AM
The Cowboys are on a short list of contenders for the Super Bowl this year. The Spurs have won 7 titles in three years and will contend still. The Mavs will contend as long as Marky Mark doesn't blow up and wreck his team in the PO... of wait, he does that every year. Good luck.7 titles? Division Titles and Conference Titles do no count! sorry! 7 titles? haha!

dirk4mvp
07-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Eric Dampier is the ugliest bitch in the world.

Mavs_man_41
07-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Great fucking thread...

ponky
07-28-2006, 06:33 AM
hasselhoff, yaaaaaaawn...poor spurs fans, nothing better to do this off-season than obsess about the mavs...oh wait, well you did sign two players but i already forgot their names

LEONARD
07-28-2006, 07:50 AM
The Spurs have won 7 titles in three years and will contend still.

:lol

ponky
07-28-2006, 08:21 AM

Then get ready for at least a couple of years of major dissappointment. Three rings are certainly an accomplishment but they won't help your team secure more rings in the future so stop talking about the past...unless, you feel like there's no hope for the future, which is understandable in your case.

ponky
07-28-2006, 08:25 AM
7 titles? Division Titles and Conference Titles do no count! sorry! 7 titles? haha!

He didn't say championships, he said "titles." They don't print out conference title shirt for nothing. Sure, it seems a bit silly but then again, I was very proud of the Mavs getting the WCF wins, mostly because of the Spurs/Mavs series and the history we have of not getting past them...so I'm not going to b*tch about his use of the "'title." However, I don't think division ranking is quite as important considering all the top seeds that have failed to make the Finals these last four years.

2centsworth
07-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Then get ready for at least a couple of years of major dissappointment. Three rings are certainly an accomplishment but they won't help your team secure more rings in the future so stop talking about the past...unless, you feel like there's no hope for the future, which is understandable in your case.
Now you're just talking trash. Spurs have 1 to 2 more titles in them. Since you're unfamiliar with what it takes to win you should listen to Spurs fan. But I know you won't so that's why you're the lovable loser.

Doug Collins
07-28-2006, 10:09 AM
hasselhoff, yaaaaaaawn...poor spurs fans, nothing better to do this off-season than obsess about the mavs...oh wait, well you did sign two players but i already forgot their names

Poor Mavs fans, nothing better to do this off-season than post on a spurs message board.

Extra Stout
07-28-2006, 10:29 AM
He didn't say championships, he said "titles." They don't print out conference title shirt for nothing. Sure, it seems a bit silly but then again, I was very proud of the Mavs getting the WCF wins, mostly because of the Spurs/Mavs series and the history we have of not getting past them...so I'm not going to b*tch about his use of the "'title." However, I don't think division ranking is quite as important considering all the top seeds that have failed to make the Finals these last four years.
The Spurs used to think division titles and stuff were important and hung banners for them. However, it was getting to the point where the weight of the banners was compromising the structural integrity of the roof, so now they only hang the conference and league championship banners.

ponky
07-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Poor Mavs fans, nothing better to do this off-season than post on a spurs message board.

And go to the World Cup in Germany...I just got back last week so I'm catching up and I'm equal opportunity, I scan all the message boards..anyway, your response was weak, this original thread was Mavs related and not posted on the Spurs board but rather, the NBA board

Now you're just talking trash. Spurs have 1 to 2 more titles in them. Since you're unfamiliar with what it takes to win you should listen to Spurs fan. But I know you won't so that's why you're the lovable loser.

I still think the Spurs are a great team, they showed that in last year's playoffs. However, I just don't think they'll win another championship in the next couple of years. If they ARE going to win another one with Duncan, they need to do it in the next three years and I just think there are some very strong teams they're up against, at least next year. No need to get on your *three ring(s) circus* high-horse, you don't know what it takes either, I don't recall you being on the Spurs roster when they won their championships.

The Spurs used to think division titles and stuff were important and hung banners for them. However, it was getting to the point where the weight of the banners was compromising the structural integrity of the roof, so now they only hang the conference and league championship banners.

Made me laugh, nice and witty.

confined
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM

never did like doug collins ...too much of a steve nash homer....

2centsworth
07-28-2006, 01:02 PM
you don't know what it takes either

we know from observation. You don't know because you have never seen.

cheguevara
07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
dumb thread

clambake
07-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Hasselhoff's alcohol, drug abuse and attempted suicide (slashed wrist) is a byproduct of Mavs loss in the finals.

Show some compassion you bully spur fans!

cheguevara
07-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Hasselhoff probably had more pussy than the whole forum combined

tlongII
07-28-2006, 03:45 PM
July 27, 2006
Publicist: Hasselhoff Was Sick, Not Drunk

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 4:51 p.m. ET

LONDON (AP) -- A spokesperson for David Hasselhoff (http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/filmography.html?p_id=30938&inline=nyt-per) denied a report Thursday that the former ''Baywatch'' and ''Knight Rider'' star had been turned away from a British Airways flight because he was drunk.

Judy Katz, the actor's publicist, called the story by the tabloid Sun ''totally untrue.''

Katz said Hasselhoff had not been drinking, but felt unwell after taking some medication for a recent arm injury and wasn't able to get on a flight Wednesday from Heathrow Airport to Los Angeles.

The Sun reported the actor had been told he could not board the flight because he was drunk. Witnesses told the newspaper Hasselhoff appeared to have trouble standing and told staff he was upset about his divorce from Pamela Bach. The divorce was finalized Wednesday in a Los Angeles court.

Hasselhoff, 54, was allowed to get on a later flight, the newspaper said.

The airline said only that a male passenger had been refused boarding after he was deemed unfit to travel.

''They gave him some strong antibiotics and he got sick at the airport,'' Katz said. ''He couldn't get on the plane. It was his choice. He got on the later flight.''

Last month, the actor sliced four tendons and an artery in a shaving accident at his London hotel.

Earlier this month, there were press reports that an intoxicated Hasselhoff had to be removed from the All England Club, which presents the Wimbledon tennis championships. He denied the claim.

Hasselhoff filed for divorce from Bach on Jan. 12 after 16 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. Bach, 42, filed her own divorce papers, also citing irreconcilable differences.

==========================

Hasselhoff is a shitty TV actor, which means REALLY shitty, a shitty singer, and a loser in general who got lucky with TV dreck shows that caught on. How delightful that he's associated with Dirk and the Mavs. :lol

WTF! What the hell was he shaving and what was he shaving with???

mabber
07-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Hasselhoff probably had more pussy than the whole forum combined

:lol

I have no doubt.