PDA

View Full Version : NBA FINALS GAME 5: Officiating Stats

Pistons < Spurs
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
A very interesting and informative breakdown of the officiating in game 5 of the Finals from 82games.com.

http://www.82games.com/game5refs.htm

mffl89
07-28-2006, 02:30 AM
http://www.ericfolkerth.com//B1082610743/C1360270701/E20060621011743/

not sure if this was game 5 but it's still interesting

NBA Junkie
07-28-2006, 02:50 AM
http://www.ericfolkerth.com//B1082610743/C1360270701/E20060621011743/

not sure if this was game 5 but it's still interesting

That was game 6.

Nonetheless, as much as I hate the Mavs, they were on the tail end of some very unfavorable calls. The foul at the end of game 5 is well documented and was very questionable. The Dirk "foul" on Wade, late in game 6, with the Heat up 1 was even worse, considering Wade could have been easily called for an offensive foul for a light push.

But, after the way the Mavs benefitted from some very questionable calls late in games 3 and 4 against the Spurs, it was sweet justice.

Mavs_man_41
07-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Yea ive said it was all a bunch of bullshit since game 3 but nobody wanted to listen.

J.T.
07-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Remember, if you step on another player's foot, that's a foul against him.

Oh and if you're outside the restricted area then sucks to be you also.

LB7
07-28-2006, 07:01 AM
It is sad that the refs have become so much a focal point these days. Not just the finals, but many of these playoff series'.

reydawg
07-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Is that you, Mark?

http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/1234000560073769/

CubanMustGo
07-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Given that this site is still promising predictions for the 2004-05 season, I'm not sure how much faith should be placed in their analysis.

http://www.82games.com/predictions.htm

Winnipeg_Spur
07-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't get why that last foul was classified as very dubious. Dirk clearly pushed Wade in the back, which is a foul. It may have been the first call Salvatore has ever gotten right...

thispego
07-28-2006, 06:36 PM
a similar anlaysis for the western conference semi's game 3 or 4??

East Coast Babe
07-29-2006, 01:33 AM
That was game 6.

Nonetheless, as much as I hate the Mavs, they were on the tail end of some very unfavorable calls. The foul at the end of game 5 is well documented and was very questionable. The Dirk "foul" on Wade, late in game 6, with the Heat up 1 was even worse, considering Wade could have been easily called for an offensive foul for a light push.

But, after the way the Mavs benefitted from some very questionable calls late in games 3 and 4 against the Spurs, it was sweet justice.

Interesting how you think the team from your own conference shouldn't win and that you got sweet justice because they lost. I wasn't in favor of an Eastern Conference win either. To me Miami got an unfair win! We got no justice!!

NBA Junkie
07-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Interesting how you think the team from your own conference shouldn't win and that you got sweet justice because they lost. I wasn't in favor of an Eastern Conference win either. To me Miami got an unfair win! We got no justice!!

I may not be a Mavericks fan, but the objective side of me knows a screwjob when he sees one. At the same time, the same screwjob applies to their two victories over the Spurs as they were on the favorable end of some questionable calls.

What comes around goes around is what applies here.

StylisticS
07-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I don't get why that last foul was classified as very dubious. Dirk clearly pushed Wade in the back, which is a foul. It may have been the first call Salvatore has ever gotten right...

It's a foul. But it's the type of foul that does not warrant a whistle at the end of games. Ask your self this question. If that was Antoine Walker going up for that layup, would they have called the foul? If they call ticky tack fouls like that, then there would be a foul at the end of every game. But most of the time, they do not call it.

I do agree with the what goes around comes around thing. The Spurs was screwed in the Dallas series. But this is how the NBA does it and they've been doing it for the past few decades. They are the most inconsistent officiated league in America and it's losing fans because of it.

Winnipeg_Spur
07-29-2006, 02:14 PM
It's a foul. But it's the type of foul that does not warrant a whistle at the end of games. Ask your self this question. If that was Antoine Walker going up for that layup, would they have called the foul? If they call ticky tack fouls like that, then there would be a foul at the end of every game. But most of the time, they do not call it.
I don't disagree that that's the kind of foul they don't usually call at the end of games, but this year has been much different in that regard. This wasn't the first time in this years playoffs a game has been nearly decided by a ticky tack foul in the closing moments. Anyway, I just have a problem with classifying that call as very dubious in a supposedly objective analysis; he also misrepresents what the announcers opinions on it were. It wasn't the kind of call I like to see, but it was consistent with what's been called all playoffs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-29-2006, 04:37 PM
What a whiny ass bunch of pussies in this thread :td

The refs had 3 dubious calls out 88? The horror! I wonder how many of you walking vaginas in this thread do your job right 97% of the time.

StylisticS
07-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't disagree that that's the kind of foul they don't usually call at the end of games, but this year has been much different in that regard. This wasn't the first time in this years playoffs a game has been nearly decided by a ticky tack foul in the closing moments. Anyway, I just have a problem with classifying that call as very dubious in a supposedly objective analysis; he also misrepresents what the announcers opinions on it were. It wasn't the kind of call I like to see, but it was consistent with what's been called all playoffs.
Fair enough, I can agree with that.

East Coast Babe
07-30-2006, 04:21 AM
I do agree with the what goes around comes around thing. The Spurs was screwed in the Dallas series. But this is how the NBA does it and they've been doing it for the past few decades. They are the most inconsistent officiated league in America and it's losing fans because of it.

Yep!! I agree with you on that! It is losing fans. I wonder how many I have heard say that after all the junk that went on this year, they were not getting season tickets for 2006-2007 season! Stern may be out on his ear sooner than we think! :elephant

Stephen A.Smith
07-30-2006, 09:47 AM
quite frankly, the Mavs had some bad luck in da series against da Heat. Coach Johnson and his boyz had an outstanding season and theres nothing to hang his head about.

HOWEVA,,,,, lets face it. Shaq had more Finals experience than this whole team COMBINED and is the most conditioned and dominant player pro sports has EVA SEEN! YOU PUT THAT INTO ACCOUNT, AND FACE THE FACT THAT YOUR ONLY OPTION ON STOPPING SHAQ IS,,,,,GOD FORBID,,,,,,,

ERIC DAMPIER?!?!?!?!??!!

um...no. i believe there was no injustice

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-30-2006, 02:40 PM
:baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby :baby

East Coast Babe
07-31-2006, 03:06 AM
quite frankly, the Mavs had some bad luck in da series against da Heat. Coach Johnson and his boyz had an outstanding season and theres nothing to hang his head about.

HOWEVA,,,,, lets face it. Shaq had more Finals experience than this whole team COMBINED and is the most conditioned and dominant player pro sports has EVA SEEN! YOU PUT THAT INTO ACCOUNT, AND FACE THE FACT THAT YOUR ONLY OPTION ON STOPPING SHAQ IS,,,,,GOD FORBID,,,,,,,

ERIC DAMPIER?!?!?!?!??!!

um...no. i believe there was no injustice

I don't think Shaq was the total reason the Heat won. I think it had a lot to do with Riley. He has almost as many if not more rings than Shaq and he knows how to coach a Finals. You can thank Shaq if you want. I'm sure he helped you plenty, but it was Riley that put it over the top for you.

Western Conference fans are saying what goes around, comes around. Maybe so. But in our Conference, what goes around has not come around yet. Maybe later, huh?