PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson is a drunk driver

cheguevara
07-28-2006, 04:47 PM
MALIBU, Calif., July 28, 2006 — Mel Gibson was arrested early Friday for suspicion of driving under the influence, a Sheriff's Department spokesman said.

Gibson's vehicle was speeding eastbound on the Pacific Coast Highway when officers stopped him at 2:36 a.m., Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Gibson, 50, was booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's station at 4:06 a.m., according to department records. The actor-director was cited and released, Whitmore said. Bail was set at $5,000.

"The investigation is ongoing," Whitmore said. "As we would do with anyone, we don't want to release any more since the information is fragmentary."

Gibson's spokesman, Alan Nierob, said he was looking into the matter.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart."

Like his 2004 religious blockbuster, "The Passion of the Christ," which was shot in Aramaic and Latin, his new film, "Apocalypto," was done in an ancient tongue, Yucatec Maya.

Gibson has starred in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" films, "What Women Want" and "The Man Without a Face," among other movies.

T Park
07-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Lost Hills......

WTF are you doing out there......

sa_butta
07-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Lost Hills......

WTF are you doing out there......:drunk

SpursWoman
07-28-2006, 05:42 PM
:drunk

Apparently. :lol

cecil collins
07-28-2006, 08:31 PM
That's an ungodly hour to be out driving around drunk. Maybe he was looking for some jews to whip.

Spam
07-29-2006, 11:05 AM
He was driving a lethal weapon.

cherylsteele
08-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe he was updating is Mad Max role.....another sequel?

sa_butta
08-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Mel Gibson seeks forgiveness for anti-Semitic rant

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060801/en_nm/gibson_dc_21

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Mel Gibson apologized on Tuesday for making anti-Semitic remarks in a drunken rant and asked to meet Jewish leaders, but several called on the Hollywood superstar to first show deeds and not offer words.
Separately, U.S. television network ABC pulled a program about the Holocaust that Gibson's company was producing, and a Los Angeles official defended the sheriff's department's handling of Gibson's arrest against charges that he was shown favoritism.

"I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested," Gibson said in a statement.

Gibson, who directed 2004's blockbuster movie "The Passion of The Christ" about the last hours of the life of Jesus, was caught speeding early on Friday, and he went on a rant in which he is widely reported to have said, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department report, parts of which have been widely reported and confirmed by officials, is laced with anti-Semitic remarks and expletives from Gibson.

The report said an open bottle of tequila was found in Gibson's car, and on Tuesday, celebrity magazine In Touch Weekly published photos of the actor drinking in a Malibu, California bar and hugging female patrons.

In his statement, the Oscar-winning director of "Braveheart" and actor in the "Lethal Weapon" movie series said he had entered "an ongoing program of recovery." In the past, Gibson has admitted to having problems with alcohol.

GIBSON'S PLEA FOR HELP

But his anti-Semitic remarks have raised a huge outcry because before "Passion," a $610 million global box office hit, Gibson had to deny that either he or his movie were anti-Semitic. Gibson's father, Hutton Gibson, is a Holocaust denier.

"I'm not just asking for forgiveness. I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one-on-one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing," Gibson said.

But several Jewish leaders said he must first complete his recovery program and perform acts of goodwill such as visiting Nazi death camps before they would answer Gibson's plea for help.

"We will know when the time is, but the time is certainly not when his press agents think it is," said Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center. "I certainly think he is facing his alcoholism, and now I think he needs to face the statements of bigotry and anti-Semitism the same."

The Anti-Defamation League "accepted" the apology," and National Director Abraham Foxman said when Gibson's recovery is complete, "we will be ready and willing to help him."

A spokeswoman for ABC said the network canceled development of a Holocaust miniseries because nearly two years had passed since ABC struck a deal with Gibson's production company to make it and it had not yet even seen a script.

Michael Gennaco, who heads the sheriff department's oversight board, defended the department against claims it gave Gibson favorable treatment during his arrest and in its report.

Gennaco said an initial probe showed L.A. sheriffs did not violate department policies, and added the final arrest report would include inflammatory comments made by Gibson.

That report will be made public when prosecutors present their case. A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney said a date for filing formal charges had yet to be decided.

Burn531
08-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Freedom!!!!!!!!!

Louie Vega
08-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Some people say that alchohol is a sort of truth serum. Well if that's the case we all know the real story behind making the "Passion". The guy is an obvious anti-semite.

T Park
08-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Or when your drunk, you say shit, that you don't know your saying and don't mean?

nah.

Buddy Holly
08-02-2006, 04:17 AM
About jews?

Was he that plastered? When people say things when they're drunk, they 99% of the time mean it whether the issue is in the foreground and just hidden or in their subconsious.

TPark, don't make any excuses for the guy. You do know the history of his father, right?

He actually said the Holocaust never happened. Yep. Never happened.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2006, 07:59 AM
I have been drunk a few times (8 actually) and a few of those did degenerate into "tirades".

However none of them were about "fucking jews" or "are you a jew" or "jews are responsible for every war ever" ......

perhaps I have not been drunk enough times in my life and the I-Hate-Jews drunken tirade is yet to come.
Or maybe it;s because I'm not hiding from the general public a deep seeded hatred of the Jewish people thats been with me since childhood and I know would ruin my movie career.

The chances of Mel Gibson actually being a big jew lover and not harboring any anti-semetic sentiments are about equal to the chances of boutons getting completely ripped and fessing up to his 3 year secret relationship with Ann Coulter.

People don't say shit they don;t mean when they are drunk - they say stuff they regret. Big differance.

CharlieMac
08-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Man, he said some stupid things, but I wouldnt say alcohol is always a truth serum. People think they can kick anyone's ass, people say they're going to quit their jobs and start over, people claim they going to invent things, ugly people look attractive and Carson Daly's show is watchable after a few drinks.

sa_butta
08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
and Carson Daly's show is watchable after a few drinks.Thats a little too far, are you drinking antifreeze?

boutons_
08-02-2006, 09:18 AM
"People don't say shit they don;t mean when they are drunk"

Alcohol lowers barriers of civility and circumspection. With those barriers down, Gibson didn't make up that anti-semitic shit up right on the spot when that Jewish cop busted him, he spouted venom that was his own. Mad Mel is forever tatooed as a Jew-hater. His despicable groveling now before the Jews won't erase this episode.

midgetonadonkey
08-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I used to be drunk all the time and I never ranted about Jews. Only about gringos.

cheguevara
08-02-2006, 09:23 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson1.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson2.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson3.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson.lacsd.jpg

JoeChalupa
08-02-2006, 09:25 AM
That's why I don't drink at office parties 'cause I may say something that I didn't mean to say but it would be how I really felt. Plus I've been plastered and woken up to a coyote ugly but the truth was I wanted to have sex.

Mel needs to face his demons and say 10 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Mary's.

God Bless.

midgetonadonkey
08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
If all it took was 10 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys to clear up a DUI, I'd be driving drunk everywhere.

cheguevara
08-02-2006, 09:28 AM
what did he say? I thought he said the fucking jews suck or something like that. That ain't antisemitic to me.

I've insulted every race in the world at some point.

Taco
08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson1.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson2.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson3.itw.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.dui/story.gibson.lacsd.jpg

http://starfilms.mvhosted.com/boystars/haley_joel_osment.jpg
I see Drunk People.

whottt
08-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Ahhh...it might have been what he felt, but he also might have been trying to piss the cop off, since the cop actually was a jew.

Belligerence, a common side effect of getting drunk is basically trying to be obnoxious and get under someones skin...

It sounds to me like he was trying to insult every one because he was pissed off...

He also insulted a woman...I seriously doubt that means he is anti-woman.

He probably is a little anti-jew but so are a lot of other people and a lot of people are anti-something...

Anti-white, anti-black, anti this anti that.

I think most people at one point or another have thoughts that would probably be offensive to someone somewhere....it's not a crime.

Not liking a race or a religion isn't a crime....supressing their rights because you don't like them is the crime.

Then again, hollywood and most of the media corporation are owned by jews so ti was pretty much career suicide for Mel...not his brightest moment and since being a multi millionaire and getting your movies backed and produced isn't a civil right I am sure Mel will pay the price for his stupidity...Fair is fair....he has a right to hate who he wants, and others have a right to not do business with him because of it.

As far as whether or not POTC was anti-semetic...it's a movie, this is America, right to free speech, no censorship and all that.

It's much more offensive to me that he was driving drunk....hating jews, not a crime, supresses no ones rights. Killing or injuring someone because you are an irresponsible ass, most definitely qualifies as supressing the rights of someone else and it is most definitely a crime.

The fact that more is being made of him jew bashing when anatagonizing a cop who busted him than being behind the wheel and drunk as a fool, is what is alarming to me.

DFW Spurs
08-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Some people say that alchohol is a sort of truth serum.

Yeah and alcohol makes guys fuck fat chicks, but it doesn't mean they like big girls when they're sober. :spin

DirkAB
08-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Anybody that thinks that alcohol is some sort of truth serum is either an idiot or they haven't been drunk enough times to comment on the side effects or alcohol. What a lame arguement to try and make this worse than it really is. He acknowledged how despicable his actions were and apologized for them, doesn't mean that he will be forgiven but I think he is remorseful and embarrassed. I think it is ridiculous how people are calling for his head.

whottt
08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah and alcohol makes guys fuck fat chicks, but it doesn't mean they like big girls when they're sober. :spin

Werd...

JoeChalupa
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Call me an idiot then because I do believe that more often than not people say what they really feel when they are drunk and I've been drunk enough times to speak on it....but it is only my opinion.
I've know "crying" drunks who act like they have nerves of steel but when they start drinking they become crying babbling idiots.
But that has just been my experience so call go ahead and call me an idiot and after a few drinks...I'll tell you how I really feel.

leemajors
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Anybody that thinks that alcohol is some sort of truth serum is either an idiot or they haven't been drunk enough times to comment on the side effects or alcohol. What a lame arguement to try and make this worse than it really is. He acknowledged how despicable his actions were and apologized for them, doesn't mean that he will be forgiven but I think he is remorseful and embarrassed. I think it is ridiculous how people are calling for his head.

i think a lot of that is his father's fault for repeatedly stating the holocaust didn't happen. in that context, the comments can be looked at in an entirely different light.

JoeChalupa
08-02-2006, 01:53 PM
i think a lot of that is his father's fault for repeatedly stating the holocaust didn't happen. in that context, the comments can be looked at in an entirely different light.

I concur. I was just saying the same thing last night. A father's influence can be a powerful thing.

I just hope he gets the help he needs for his alcoholism.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
In my experience alcohol gets the lies flowing more than the truth. For instance:

"Just a couple of beers, officer."

"That chick is totally in to me, dude."

"That fucking bouncer is lucky you guys stopped me. I would have kicked the shit out of him."

"Really sweetheart, it was just us guys at the bachelor party."

JoeChalupa
08-02-2006, 02:07 PM
They are not lies if you believe them.

cheguevara
08-02-2006, 02:35 PM
or if you call your girlfriend a bitch when you're drunk.

doesn't mean when you're sober you think she's a bitch.

whottt
08-02-2006, 02:38 PM
DFW pretty much destroyed the truth serum aspect...

Rasie your hand if you've never fucked a girl(or for the girls a guy) while drunk that you wouldn't have touched with a 10 foot pole if sober....and I don't mean you wouldn't have because you are worried about some kind of stigma, I mean you wouldn't have because you wouldn't have had any attraction....

Raise your hand...I want to see how many people are full of shit.

That's not truth serum.

DFW Spurs
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Guilty :tu

She wasn't fat, but she sure was a mud duck.... Tequila is the worst, makes you do regretful things (or in this case ugly people). :drunk

DFW Spurs
08-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Or if you call your girlfriend a bitch when you're drunk. Doesn’t mean when you're sober you think she's a bitch.

Or if your girlfriend was acting like a bitch when you're drunk, it doen't mean she isn't a bitch when you're sober. :lol

midgetonadonkey
08-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I fuck fat ugly chicks while I'm sober.

DirkAB
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Call me an idiot then because I do believe that more often than not people say what they really feel when they are drunk and I've been drunk enough times to speak on it....but it is only my opinion.
I've know "crying" drunks who act like they have nerves of steel but when they start drinking they become crying babbling idiots.
But that has just been my experience so call go ahead and call me an idiot and after a few drinks...I'll tell you how I really feel.

Seriously do you think that alcohol has the same affect on everybody? A casual drinker versus the alcoholic, there is a world of difference. I suppose that alcohol can be a sort of truth serum at a certain stage in the night, like early on after a few drinks, but he was obviously well past that stage at 3 AM.

I know exactly what happens when you catch an alcoholic or a mean drunk on a bad night when drunk, they lash out and they don't care how far below the belt they hit. I've seen it a lot, and they don't even believe what they are saying most the time, just as long as it stings the person they are directing their anger toward.

Point is, for anybody to claim that they know that Mel Gibson is an anti-semite since he said these things while drunk is a joke. The fact is that he said some anti-semitic things after a long night of drinking when pulled over for DUI, that is it. People claiming that this is obviously how he really feels are making this into more than it really is, what a joke.

SpursWoman
08-02-2006, 04:41 PM
I know exactly what happens when you catch an alcoholic or a mean drunk on a bad night when drunk, they lash out and they don't care how far below the belt they hit. I've seen it a lot, and they don't even believe what they are saying most the time, just as long as it stings the person they are directing their anger toward.

:tu

Kori Ellis
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Point is, for anybody to claim that they know that Mel Gibson is an anti-semite since he said these things while drunk is a joke. The fact is that he said some anti-semitic things after a long night of drinking when pulled over for DUI, that is it. People claiming that this is obviously how he really feels are making this into more than it really is, what a joke.

I think people lean towards saying he is anti-semitic because they are considering that he grew up in an anti-semitic household, etc.

If it was an average person without a history on the subject, then he could have just been say whatever to be mean/low as possible.

kobe_bryant
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM
mel called me asking for advice on mugshot. i tell him lay off brotha

Jack Mehoff
08-03-2006, 01:02 AM
I think people lean towards saying he is anti-semitic because they are considering that he grew up in an anti-semitic household, etc.

If it was an average person without a history on the subject, then he could have just been say whatever to be mean/low as possible.

I think it has more to do with his movie the Passion, that is when people began calling him anti-semitic. I never heard a word about it before that, but maybe it was out there and I never heard anything about it. There was a big public outcry against the Passion from mainly Jewish people saying that it was anti-semitic because it portrayed them in a negative light. Well, obviously Mel Gibson didn't write that story, it is taught to all Catholics from the time that they are babies. So is the Catholic religion anti-semitic?

leemajors
08-03-2006, 07:47 AM
I think it has more to do with his movie the Passion, that is when people began calling him anti-semitic. I never heard a word about it before that, but maybe it was out there and I never heard anything about it. There was a big public outcry against the Passion from mainly Jewish people saying that it was anti-semitic because it portrayed them in a negative light. Well, obviously Mel Gibson didn't write that story, it is taught to all Catholics from the time that they are babies. So is the Catholic religion anti-semitic?

i was raised catholic, and was never taught anything remotely anti-semetic. the pope wears a yarmulke, you are full of it. mel gib's dad is part of some extreme sect of catholics that are anti-semetic. i suppose all muslims are terrorists too?

ObiwanGinobili
08-03-2006, 08:12 AM
My reasons for thinking Mel Gibson is anti-semetic have to do with th reasons Kori and leemajors have already stated.

It has nothing to do with the Passion movie - I've never seen it.

boutons_
08-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Gays protested against the anti-homo aspects of Mad Mel's Braveheart.

Although Mad Mel only starred in it, Patriot was protested by the English for the scene where the Brits burned colonialists in a church (similar to the Nazis slaughtering 600 French villagers at Oradour-sur-Glan after WWII was over), something the Brits claim they never did to colonialists. Mad Mel played a role as a butcher with a dark past. He does have a gore scene in Patriot where he goes convincingly Martin-Riggs nutz and tomahawks a British soldier into hamburger in front of his own kids (cut from the cable version, but shown on the movie channels).

There's too much smoke around Mad Mel for there to be no fire.

We'll see if the Jews of Hollywood wil keep paying him $25M/film.

Jack Mehoff
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
i was raised catholic, and was never taught anything remotely anti-semetic. the pope wears a yarmulke, you are full of it. mel gib's dad is part of some extreme sect of catholics that are anti-semetic. i suppose all muslims are terrorists too?

My point wasn't that Catholics are anti-semitic, my point was if the Passion was an anti-semitic movie then that means that Catholics are anti-semitic people, because the story told in the movie is what Catholics are raised to believe. I think that the sentiment that Mel Gibson is anti-semitic because of his movie is ridiculous. I don't believe that Catholics are anti-semitic, not even close.

whottt
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't see how POTC can vbe considerd anti-semitic...

It's the Romans(who would go on to become the Catholics) that did the actual beating and crucifying...

Did the jews play a role in it? Yes they did...

That's not Anti-Semitism so much as historical accuracy(as far as we know).

There was nothing in that movie that is historically inaccurate....maybe the degree of violence, but the actual actions are accurate so far as we know.

Jack Mehoff
08-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Gays protested against the anti-homo aspects of Mad Mel's Braveheart.

Although Mad Mel only starred in it, Patriot was protested by the English for the scene where the Brits burned colonialists in a church (similar to the Nazis slaughtering 600 French villagers at Oradour-sur-Glan after WWII was over), something the Brits claim they never did to colonialists. Mad Mel played a role as a butcher with a dark past. He does have a gore scene in Patriot where he goes convincingly Martin-Riggs nutz and tomahawks a British soldier into hamburger in front of his own kids (cut from the cable version, but shown on the movie channels).

There's too much smoke around Mad Mel for there to be no fire.

We'll see if the Jews of Hollywood wil keep paying him $25M/film.

Are you shittin' me? You think that the Patriot adds proof to Mel Gibson being anti-semitic in any way? You didn't explicitly say it, but you are certainly implying it. What the hell does one thing have to do with the other?

DirkAB
08-03-2006, 12:00 PM

It's the Romans(who would go on to become the Catholics) that did the actual beating and crucifying...

In the words of Awmyplace, exactly!!!!!

JoeChalupa
08-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Seriously do you think that alcohol has the same affect on everybody? A casual drinker versus the alcoholic, there is a world of difference. I suppose that alcohol can be a sort of truth serum at a certain stage in the night, like early on after a few drinks, but he was obviously well past that stage at 3 AM.

Okay, I am officially an idiot. I just don't tend to always believe the "it was the alchohol talking" excuse. But that is just me.
I know if I'm honest with myself more often than not the things I've said while drinking were what I was feeling at the time...which probably wasn't much. But oh well.

I don't buy the "I was drunk" defense when it comes to cheating on one's spouse either. But that is just me.

Beer is Good
08-03-2006, 03:01 PM

There was nothing in that movie that is historically inaccurate....maybe the degree of violence, but the actual actions are accurate so far as we know.

I don't really see where people thought it was anti-semetic. I thought it an unneccesary movie and very hypocritical of Gibson and others who claim to be Christians to make the movie in this manner. This is the main problem I have with organized Christian religions... they claim to be complete followers of Christ, but not many really live their lives accordingly. Why make a movie depicting the agony of Christ? Because violence sells. That's fine, but it isn't the Christian way and shouldn't be portrayed as such. Christ layed out a blueprint for tolerance and forgiveness through his actions, yet many Christians such as Mel completely disregard these aspects.

I don't understand why people who know they can't afford to be in these situations continously put themselves there. In my job I cannot be arrested for anything, and if I do I lose my job. I know this, so I don't commit crimes including drinking and driving. Simple. Mel knows he is a public figure, and I don't understand why he gets lit, arrested, and acts like a complete lunatic. Show some self discipline.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Let's not forget about the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max movies which portray criminals and post apocolyptic war lords in a negative light. Mel Gibson is a hate monger! For shame!!!

DirkAB
08-03-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't really see where people thought it was anti-semetic. I thought it an unneccesary movie and very hypocritical of Gibson and others who claim to be Christians to make the movie in this manner. This is the main problem I have with organized Christian religions... they claim to be complete followers of Christ, but not many really live their lives accordingly. Why make a movie depicting the agony of Christ? Because violence sells. That's fine, but it isn't the Christian way and shouldn't be portrayed as such. Christ layed out a blueprint for tolerance and forgiveness through his actions, yet many Christians such as Mel completely disregard these aspects.

You're saying that making the movie accurate and depicting the violence which occured to Christ is a sin? Why? Is there a 11th commandment that I'm not familiar with? Thou shalt not make violent movies. Or, Thou shalt not tell the story of what billions consider their lord and savior. Or is it because they are unable to live without sin that they don't deserve to tell the story of Christ.

I'm really failing to see your point. Would it be more the Christian way to change and make it easier to stomach? That would be lying, and not the Christian way.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-03-2006, 03:41 PM
An unnecessary movie? Aren't they all?

whottt
08-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't really see where people thought it was anti-semetic. I thought it an unneccesary movie and very hypocritical of Gibson and others who claim to be Christians to make the movie in this manner. This is the main problem I have with organized Christian religions... they claim to be complete followers of Christ, but not many really live their lives accordingly. Why make a movie depicting the agony of Christ? Because violence sells. That's fine, but it isn't the Christian way and shouldn't be portrayed as such. Christ layed out a blueprint for tolerance and forgiveness through his actions, yet many Christians such as Mel completely disregard these aspects..

That's really well put. I hadn't thought of it like that before but it's a really good observation.

Dre_7
08-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Actually the bible is WAY more violent than the Passion movie. So I dont think the movie was unneccesary at all. If thats the case, then the bible is going against what Beer is Good is sayin.

DirkAB
08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
That's really well put. I hadn't thought of it like that before but it's a really good observation.

Don't you think that it helps people today to see what Christ probably went through, and yet was able to turn the other cheek and forgive. To me, I had heard the story hundreds of times since I grew up catholic and went to a catholic grade school, but to see it acted out really put it into perspective. I've only seen that movie once and may never watch it again because it is so hard to watch, but I'm very glad that I saw it since it give me a better idea of what Christ really went through for people.

johngateswhiteley
08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
...i like Mel Gibson. and everyone makes mistakes....do you know how many people drive drunk (legally drunk) every night? he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time while making a mistake with alcohol. luckily, nobody was hurt.

sure is easy to judge...

Jules
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Ahhh...it might have been what he felt, but he also might have been trying to piss the cop off, since the cop actually was a jew.

Belligerence, a common side effect of getting drunk is basically trying to be obnoxious and get under someones skin...

It sounds to me like he was trying to insult every one because he was pissed off...

He also insulted a woman...I seriously doubt that means he is anti-woman.

He probably is a little anti-jew but so are a lot of other people and a lot of people are anti-something...

Anti-white, anti-black, anti this anti that.

I think most people at one point or another have thoughts that would probably be offensive to someone somewhere....it's not a crime.

Not liking a race or a religion isn't a crime....supressing their rights because you don't like them is the crime.

Then again, hollywood and most of the media corporation are owned by jews so ti was pretty much career suicide for Mel...not his brightest moment and since being a multi millionaire and getting your movies backed and produced isn't a civil right I am sure Mel will pay the price for his stupidity...Fair is fair....he has a right to hate who he wants, and others have a right to not do business with him because of it.

As far as whether or not POTC was anti-semetic...it's a movie, this is America, right to free speech, no censorship and all that.

It's much more offensive to me that he was driving drunk....hating jews, not a crime, supresses no ones rights. Killing or injuring someone because you are an irresponsible ass, most definitely qualifies as supressing the rights of someone else and it is most definitely a crime.

The fact that more is being made of him jew bashing when anatagonizing a cop who busted him than being behind the wheel and drunk as a fool, is what is alarming to me.

Right on, I agree with you.

Clandestino
08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
shit, i've said sooooo much shit when i was drunk...fuck, i don't even know where i came up with it when i was drunk... i don't even remember shit i've said... people had to tell me...

but yeah, i always done many, many crazy things drunk that i would never even think were normal sober....