PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this Spurs Line-up: Realistic?

ace3g
07-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I have actually looked at the current roster and the additions of either Jumaine jones, Qyntel Woods, or Melzer would work out and stay at 14 roster spots

PG: Parker, Udrih, Vaughn
SG: Manu, Finley, Barry
SF: Bowen, (Woods,Jones,Melzer)
PF: Duncan, Bonner, Horry
C: Elson, Butler, Oberto

Eric Williams would make it 15 but I dont think the spurs will keep 15 roster spots, so maybe the spurs could get some more draft picks for him in a trade or get a young wing SF which would cancel out the need for Woods, Jones, or Melzer

and with this lineup we would have a young player (27 and under) at every position except SG

PG: Parker, Udrih
SF: Woods/Jones/Melzer
PF: Bonner
C: Butler

ducks
07-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I smell a spurs trade aug 21

ace3g
07-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Plus Jones and Woods would not be that expensive

2006 Salaries

Jones: $1,875,000

Woods: $599,834

timvp
07-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Seeing how that's the roster as it stands currently, I'd say it's pretty realistic :)

AFBlue
07-28-2006, 09:14 PM
I have actually looked at the current roster and the additions of either Jumaine jones, Qyntel Woods, or Melzer would work out and stay at 14 roster spots

PG: Parker, Udrih, Vaughn
SG: Manu, Finley, Barry
SF: Bowen, (Woods,Jones,Melzer)
PF: Duncan, Bonner, Horry
C: Elson, Butler, Oberto

This is the Spurs Roster, not the Spurs Line-up. The Line-up is indicative of what players the Spurs would put on the floor night in and night out....so even if our roster does look good 15 players deep, which of those 15 players will dress, and more importantly, which of those 15 will get legitimate playing time?

Even if we sign Woods, Melzer, or keep Williams they won't get on the court this season.

My guess:

Starters: Parker, Ginobili, Bowen, Duncan, Elson

Key Reserves: Udrih, Barry, Finley, Horry, Butler

Outside looking in: Bonner, Oberto

Note: Bonner should take some of Horry's Minutes....Oberto will get a chance to win minutes as the "vet", but my guess is that he's back in Europe after the season.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-29-2006, 01:08 AM
What is Aug 21st...the first date we can trade Eric Williams?

El_Mago
07-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Yes.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Hm, I wonder who we're getting for him?

I hope it's somebody who can step in right now...if it's like a future 2nd round pick or something I'm going to smack RC.

El_Mago
07-29-2006, 01:37 AM
No one knows for sure.

Williams appears like he is going to get traded.

Spurs never introduced him, never speculated how they planned on using him in interviews, and Ludden doesn't even mention him in his articles.

His contract is attractive, but he will more than likely have to be packaged in a deal along with Barry, Udrih, or Scolas rights to even consider landing a SF, and more than likely that small SF would have to be on either a cheap contract or a contract that ends within two years.

It can get pretty complicated.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-29-2006, 01:45 AM
We need to find out what cell phone company RC is with...

Then get a guy on the inside to look to the cities called most often in the past few months. :elephant

El_Mago
07-29-2006, 02:04 AM
I wouldn't get too high on seeing a trade go down come Aug 21st.

The Spurs will go out and play with the current roster and see how it comes together.

The Spurs pick up Melzer.....see if he works out and if he can be an insurance SF, if room needs to be made later into the season, he can get waived because the contract is only partially guaranteed.

If the play is not satisfying from the team point of view, the combo of Williams expiring contract and maybe Udrih, Barry, Scolas Rights, or Orberto....can be packaged by All-Star break for a player, and hope they finish strong and gell in the playoffs.

If a deal goes down, should be later into the season. Like I said, I think the Spurs go into the season with this roster.

Texas_Ranger
07-29-2006, 04:19 AM
This lineup is prety cool.

Samr
07-29-2006, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't get too high on seeing a trade go down come Aug 21st.

Well then someone, please, explain to me why Williams's hasn't even been introduced as a Spur. Shit, there was brief in the paper mentioning Melzer, who's contract contains specific and puroseful language dictating that he is to be used as LIVE BAIT DURING TRAINING CAMP PRACTICES. And yet for some reason, Williams, who we traded for, doesn't even get mentioned.

That's like reporting that we voted Bush as President, and then conveniently forgetting he brought along that Cheney guy too. Don't you think at least SOMEONE would remember he was part of the package?

Extra Stout
07-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Well then someone, please, explain to me why Williams's hasn't even been introduced as a Spur. Shit, there was brief in the paper mentioning Melzer, who's contract contains specific and puroseful language dictating that he is to be used as LIVE BAIT DURING TRAINING CAMP PRACTICES. And yet for some reason, Williams, who we traded for, doesn't even get mentioned.

That's like reporting that we voted Bush as President, and then conveniently forgetting he brought along that Cheney guy too. Don't you think at least SOMEONE would remember he was part of the package?
Dick Cheney likes to fly under the radar, so to speak.