PDA

View Full Version : What's the best online poker site?

King
07-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Manny? Peter?

Something where I can play for free, but also get in on some money games should I feel so inclined.

Pokerstars? PartyPoker?

MannyIsGod
07-28-2006, 07:58 PM
It depends on what you want to play.

I think the top 3 in any particular order are Party Poker, Poker Stars, and Full Tilt.

I used to play mainly at Party Poker for cash games and sit and go tournaments, but I rarely play there now. The games are still good, but they aren't as good as they once were. The main reason I don't play there as much is because I get what is called rakeback at other sites which combined with the large amount I play each month gives me a good amount of cash on top of what I make at the tables.

Stars is great for tournaments and has the best customer service out there. If you ever have a problem they will answer you rapidly and it is usually a coherent answer. The same cannot be said for Party.

Full Tilt is great too, but is smaller than both of the previous sites. They don't have as much traffic at the higher levels, but there are always plenty of games at the lower levels.

If you're mainly goig to play small tournaments for a small buyins, go with Poker Stars. If you want to play small cash games, any of the sites will do so just pick which ever one you like the best as far as software goes.

Honestly, I would rank Party Poker as the 3rd site on that list. They charge more for touranment rake in many cases, their customer service flat out sucks, and the games are harder than they used to be. I'd probably avoid them if I were you.

You may also want to consider Hollywood Poker or Pokerroom.com. They're on a decent network and they have decent small stakes games as well. But they also come with some very good sign up bonuses that you can clear pretty easily.

LittleGeneral
07-29-2006, 07:57 AM
What limits do you play Manny?

ducks
07-29-2006, 10:13 AM
the ones that have the least spyware or no spyware or virus on them

King
07-29-2006, 02:38 PM
One thing I failed to mention - which is kind of important - which, if any, of these runs on a Mac?

RealEstateDude
07-29-2006, 05:15 PM
PokerFunClub (http://www.pokerfunclub.com)

I've tried all of them and this one has the coolest features. It's more better, it's the bestest :spin

SCdac
07-29-2006, 05:27 PM
I've only used one site (Poker Stars), and it has satisfied me enough to not look around and join another. Always seems to be plenty of people from all over the world, at all times of the day. Been using that site for about a year and a half... I could play those sit-and-go tourneys all day :lol ... Oh yeah, I guess I should mention I'm a broke mofo and only use play-money, so I wouldnt know which site is the best for actuall cash games... But, I go by "SCdac" on Poker Stars as well, if anyone ever wants to play.

Goliadnative
07-29-2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.comics.com/editoons/stahler/archive/images/stahler2006261740727.gif

http://www.comics.com/editoons/stahler/archive/images/stahler2006261740727.gif

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Full Tilt has a download for mac