PDA

View Full Version : Keith Van Horn: Heading for the Rockies?

ducks
07-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Keith Van Horn: Heading for the Rockies?
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update: Van Horn's agent, David Faulk said on Wednesday that he is going to have a "summit meeting" with his client about his future during the second week in August, and the future could include the Nuggets, the Rocky Mountain News reports.

Recommendation: "I don't think there's any question I want a shooting big (man) next year," Nuggets coach George Karl said. "We need somebody to get people off (Carmelo Anthony). I would lean more toward a veteran. (Van Horn) has got to be one or two on that list. Faulk said it helps the Nuggets' cause that Van Horn lives in Evergreen, Colorado. However, Van Horn would have to take a big pay cut to play with the Nuggets. The Nuggets don't appear willing to pay Van Horn much more than $2 million because the team's salary cap number is close to the luxury tax figure of $65.4 million. Van Horn made $15.7 million in the final year of a max contract with the Mavericks last season, but is not expected to get paid nearly that much as a free agent.

Stephen A.Smith
07-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Well to be honest with you, quite frankly this move puts them over da top. over Dallas and da Spurs. cause quite frankly when you got Brent Barry as your only option then you are in trouble. as far as the Mavericks are concerned they have one big PROBLEM!

ERIC DAMPIER!

Please_dont_ban_me
07-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Didn't KVH play under Karl with the Bucks as well?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Well to be honest with you, quite frankly this move puts them over da top. over Dallas and da Spurs. cause quite frankly when you got Brent Barry as your only option then you are in trouble. as far as the Mavericks are concerned they have one big PROBLEM!

ERIC DAMPIER!

And remember...

This isn't your thread, but you're always welcome.

Stephen A.Smith
07-29-2006, 11:35 AM
And remember...

This isn't your thread, but you're always welcome.
:lol

NBA Junkie
07-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Didn't KVH play under Karl with the Bucks as well?

No.

Van Horn joined Milwaukee during the 2004 season after a trade with New York. Karl left Milwaukee after the 2002 season.