PDA

View Full Version : League 1: FSP Fantasy Draft TODAY

Kori Ellis
10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Here are the final draft times:

League 1 -- 6:30PM CST on October 30th
League 2 -- 2:00PM CST on October 23rd

Draft order will be set automatically by Yahoo 30 minutes prior to each draft.

Be sure you get there at least 10 minutes before the start of the draft so that you know what you are doing.

Go to this page and sign in -- http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Then you will see your list of leagues/teams on the right side. Click on the name of the League and once it's time to draft, there will be instructions on how to enter the draft. It's a very simple process. If you cannot make the draft time, you can sign in now and pre-rank your players.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

timvp
10-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: February 24, 2005

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: G, G, G, F, F, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Those are the new settings after the rules chat. Notable changes:

-Unlimited transactions and trades.
-10 starters, 3 bench and 1 IL
-Starting positions are 3 guards, 3 forwards, 1 center and 3 utility players.

See you at the draft. If you can't make it, AT LEAST set your Yahoo pre-ranks by logging into your account and making the necessary adjustments.

Thanks.

:smokin

polandprzem
10-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Live draft is fenomenal ! Unfortunatly I wont be on FSP draft league one

ShoogarBear
10-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Trade Reject Time: 2

I assume 2= "days", but what is this?

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waivers as in, if I cut a player, the team with the worst record can pick him up? After two days, then the next-worst player has a shot at him?

Also, we didn't discuss this in chat, but if I make a trade on Wednesday, then it can't go into effect until Monday?

Guru of Nothing
10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
When a player is waived (dropped) they are available to the league based upon waiver priority (reverse draft order, then reverse standings); after that, they are available first come, first serve.

ETA: Actually, in Yahoo, waiver priority is initialized based upon reverse draft order, and there it remains until you actually make a waiver wire claim; then you drop to the bottom and everyone moves up a notch.

RobinsontoDuncan
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
I am a deacon at my church and may not get home in time for league 2's draft, if i am not there will yahoo automatically draft for me?

Kori Ellis
10-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Yes, the players are ranked. You can leave those rankings or if you want to change them, you can do so anytime. It will automatically draft for you.

E20
10-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I might make it to the draft. I'll pre rank my players just in case.

ShoogarBear
10-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Okay, but if a player is waived, does team #1 have two days to decide whether to claim him, then team #2 has another two days, and so on? That would be 40 days to go through the whole league!

Or is it 2 days to go through the whole league, which doesn't seem enforceable?

With trade reject time, does that mean that if the commish doesn't reject the trade in two days, it automatically goes through? But surely he can approve trades quicker than that, or does every trade take two days to get approved?

Don't mean to pester you, but I think these are reasonable questions.

timvp
10-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Okay, but if a player is waived, does team #1 have two days to decide whether to claim him, then team #2 has another two days, and so on? That would be 40 days to go through the whole league!

Or is it 2 days to go through the whole league, which doesn't seem enforceable?

If you waive a player on Tuesday, any team can claim a waiver at any time before Thursday. If multiple teams put in waiver claims, then the team with the worst record (or lowest draft position ... depending on the circumstance) gets the player. Basically, in those two days it is a free-for-all and will be sorted out when the 2 days are over.

With trade reject time, does that mean that if the commish doesn't reject the trade in two days, it automatically goes through? But surely he can approve trades quicker than that, or does every trade take two days to get approved?

Trades can be approved right away. The two day rule won't really be utilized.

polandprzem
10-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Okay - one question. Is there a possibility to change the time draft for L1 to the 2:00 as it is in L2 ?

timvp
10-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Sorry, polandprzem, the draft times have already been voted upon and are set. If you can't make it, just pre-rank your yahoo draft list to make sure you get the best team possible.

Or go to sleep really late or wake up really early ... whatever the case may be :)

polandprzem
10-22-2004, 02:37 AM
Thanks for answering. ( But it isn't about the sleep, I can sleep 2 hours like I used to do when I had a chance to watch the NBA)

mouse
10-22-2004, 02:14 PM
The live Drafts rule !! You feel just like an owner coach and Gen. MNG all in one, the only thing that sucks is when folks don't show up, we all have to wait like 3 minutes while the clock winds down as we all talk bad about you in the live draft chat room,

I just ask one thing,,,,Don't pick Dirk Nash or Sean Elliott I want them on my team :smokin

ShoogarBear
10-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Okay, I'm almost there. My last question concerns what happens with the Monday deadline when you make mid-week moves. (I voted for Monday-only moves, and still prefer it, but it does make some potentially complicated situations.)

I'd like the answer to two scenarios:

Scenario I: On Wednesday, Team 1 trades starter A and bench player B to Team 2 for bench players C and D. What happens to the slot on Team 1 occupied by A?
a) the trade doesn't actually "happen" until Monday, and A, B, C, D stay on their teams for the rest of the week
b) the trade is executed immediately, but the lineups can't be changed until Monday, and Team 1 loses the spot occupied by A for the rest of the week. Meanwhile Team 2 can't move A into his starting lineup until Monday.
c) the trade is executed immediately, Team 1 can move another player into A's slot, and Team 2 can put A in his starting lineup.

Scenario II: On Thursday, Team 3 puts Starter E on the IL. Can he call up someone immediately to fill E's slot, or does the slot stay empty until Monday?

timvp
10-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Scenario I: On Wednesday, Team 1 trades starter A and bench player B to Team 2 for bench players C and D. What happens to the slot on Team 1 occupied by A?
a) the trade doesn't actually "happen" until Monday, and A, B, C, D stay on their teams for the rest of the week
b) the trade is executed immediately, but the lineups can't be changed until Monday, and Team 1 loses the spot occupied by A for the rest of the week. Meanwhile Team 2 can't move A into his starting lineup until Monday.
c) the trade is executed immediately, Team 1 can move another player into A's slot, and Team 2 can put A in his starting lineup.

A.

Scenario II: On Thursday, Team 3 puts Starter E on the IL. Can he call up someone immediately to fill E's slot, or does the slot stay empty until Monday?

The slot stays empty until Monday.

mouse
10-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Man Kim is going to kill me. I just accidentally dropped KeyShwan from her team now he is on wavers,http://www.wackyb.co.nz/yh/yb642.gif That is a problem you need to make sure you don't do to many moves or you will be last in line to make sweet deals.

I will take any trades if anyone gets Dirk/Nash/Garnett

blackbucket
10-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Kori and Timvp,

Would it be possible to have a fantasy forum where we can discuss the season, trades, run some smack etc?? The message forum on Yahoo stinks.

Thanks

timvp
10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Kori and Timvp,

Would it be possible to have a fantasy forum where we can discuss the season, trades, run some smack etc?? The message forum on Yahoo stinks.

Thanks

Just use the NBA forum. Once all the drafts are taken care of, we're moving these threads over there anyways.

blackbucket
10-24-2004, 10:15 PM
ok, thanks

timvp
10-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Don't forget about the draft tomorrow for those of you in league one.

ShoogarBear
10-30-2004, 01:10 AM
League One = "chump league"

alamo50
10-30-2004, 05:50 AM
How long will it take to complete the draft?
So I know how much coffee I have to make to stay awake so I don't pick any Fakers by lack of concentration.

mouse
10-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Alamo50 your funny, I thought you was saying that cuz you thought it was boring.
I forget your in Holland and it will be 4 am over there :lmao

Anyone call or E mail me and I will make your picks for you in case you can't be there.

210-561-9941 [email protected]

polandprzem
10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
I pre-draft my players.

I think about 2 hours it will take to compleate whole rosters.

mouse
10-30-2004, 08:56 AM
The last one we did took 45 minutes.

Brodels
10-30-2004, 10:29 AM
So we make changes to the roster once a week?

Do they need to be done on Monday or before Monday?

E20
10-30-2004, 12:13 PM
I won't be able to make it, but I pre-drafted my players. Sorry :(

timvp
10-30-2004, 01:16 PM
So we make changes to the roster once a week?

Do they need to be done on Monday or before Monday?

You make can make changes to your lineup once a week. Roster moves can be made any day, but you can only change your lineups once a week on Mondays.

alamo50
10-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Still one freakin' hour to go!

NZ Spurs
10-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey Alamo50 I traded for KOBE!

:elephant

Kori Ellis
10-30-2004, 06:01 PM
You can go in the draft room now. The draft order is there. Somehow I got first pick.

Phenomanul
10-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Where does it say what pick we obtained????

timvp
10-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Get into the draft application and look at the flags at the top of the screen.

E20
10-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Holy Crap I got a bad team. I am not quite sure what my situation is.

alamo50
10-31-2004, 05:16 AM
Question:

When a player goes down during a game, will a bench player automatically take his spot or do we have to play with one less player till Monday when we may change our line-up?

timvp
10-31-2004, 01:24 PM
You have to wait til the next lineup change.