PDA

View Full Version : Program note: Spurs vs. Mavs originally played 7/20/06

ChumpDumper
07-29-2006, 05:15 PM
At 7PM CDT with a repeat at midnight on NBAtv. Looks like a shitty game, but it's basketball.

spurschick
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
At 7PM CDT with a repeat at midnight on NBAtv. Looks like a shitty game, but it's basketball.

7/20? I'm assuming you're referring to the Spurs/Mavs summer league game that's being rerun right now. It at least gives us a chance to look at Mahinmi a bit.

ChumpDumper
07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
7/20? I'm assuming you're referring to the Spurs/Mavs summer league game that's being rerun right now. It at least gives us a chance to look at Mahinmi a bit.Yeah, it's a little painful to watch.

ChumpDumper
07-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Damn, this one hurts.

The only things that really stand out are that Lamayn Wilson made most of his shots; Andre Brown cuts pretty well; Jamar Smith is pretty productive and doesn't foul much playing out of his normal position; Frans Steyn wasn't a complete waste of a roster spot - though I've never seen a 280 pounder get pushed around so easily by smaller players.

ChumpDumper
07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Mel had a ridiculously weird fadeaway runner-hook-bank shot with a minute to go to get it within 3, but Darius Washington ran the ball down Ian's throat (his penetration was excellent all game) for a three point play plus a tech that somehow didn't make the boxscore.

mabber
07-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Damn, this one hurts.

The only things that really stand out are that Lamayn Wilson made most of his shots; Andre Brown cuts pretty well; Jamar Smith is pretty productive and doesn't foul much playing out of his normal position; Frans Steyn wasn't a complete waste of a roster spot - though I've never seen a 280 pounder get pushed around so easily by smaller players.

Was this the game where Mav's rookie, Mo Ager, threw down a bad ass dunk over Andre Brown? I haven't seen it, but have read & heard about it.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Probably, but both sides missed a silly amount of open dunks too - Ager on your side and Donta Smith on our side.