PDA

View Full Version : Your birthday is better than mine because.......

CharlieMac
07-29-2006, 10:00 PM
?

Surely you can't top being spawned on the same day as Peppermint Patty and Jon Secada?

More importantly the first Hooters opened on October 4th.

SpursWoman
07-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Denzel Washington! :makeout :smokin

CharlieMac
07-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Denzel Washington! :makeout :smokin

For some reason, I'm gonna say Out of Time was his best flick. I really like it.

sa_butta
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
July 25th-Walter Payton (Sweetness).

2Blonde
07-29-2006, 10:37 PM
?

Surely you can't top being spawned on the same day as Peppermint Patty and Jon Secada?

More importantly the first Hooters opened on October 4th.Well I got March 15th..

German leader Adolf Hitler proclaims the beginning of the Third Reich – claiming it will endure for a thousand years.

Abdication of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.

US force of 12,000 soldiers under General Pershing is ordered to Mexico to capture revolutionary leader Pancho Villa.

U.S Congress resolves that the authority of the British Crown should be suppressed.

44BC

Roman dictator Julius Caesar is assassinated.

...But I can't compete with the opening of the first Hooters, so I guess mine isn't very important.:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-29-2006, 10:38 PM
The NBA was founded...this is Spurstalk.

Ergo: I am the greatest poster alive.

dirk4mvp
07-29-2006, 10:45 PM
What the hell happened on June 26?

DaSpurs#1
07-29-2006, 11:55 PM
March 2nd:
1836 - Texas Declares Its Independence. no Texas = no Spurs :)
1793 - Sam Houston born.
1904 - Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Suess) born.
1985 - Reggie Bush born.
1923 - Time magazine debuts as a weekly news review.
1933 - King Kong premieres in New York City.
1962 - In Hershey, Pennsylvania, Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia Warriors scores 100 points against the New York Knicks, breaking several National Basketball Association records.
1991 - Battle at Rumaila Oil Field brings end to the 1991 Gulf War.

just to name a few :angel

DaSpurs#1
07-29-2006, 11:56 PM
What the hell happened on June 26?What Happened On June 26th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_26)

phyzik
07-30-2006, 12:00 AM
March 10th

------------------------------

1945: Firebombing of Tokyo

On March 10, 1945, 300 American bombers drop almost 2,000 tons of incendiaries on Tokyo, Japan, destroying large portions of the Japanese capital and killing 100,000 civilians. The attack was part of a U.S. effort to force Japan into surrender in the final months of World War II. The conflagration caused by the incendiary bombs quickly engulfed Tokyo's wooden residential structures, creating a firestorm that replaced oxygen with lethal gases, superheated the atmosphere, and caused hurricane-like winds that blew a wall of fire across the city. As a result of the attack, 10 square miles of eastern Tokyo were entirely obliterated, and an estimated 250,000 buildings were destroyed. Over the next nine days, U.S. bombers flew similar missions against Nagoya, Osaka, and Kobe. In August, U.S. atomic attacks against Hiroshima and Nagasaki would finally force Japan's hand.

other events:

500,000 people rally in Moscow in support of Russian President Boris Yeltsin.
Observer journalist Farzad Bazoft is sentenced to death by an Iraqi military court for espionage. Daphne Parish, a British nurse accused of helping him is sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales narrowly escapes death in an avalanche at Klosters in the Swiss Alps. His friend Hugh Lindsay is killed.
A Japanese soldier is found on Lubanf Island in the Philippines unaware that World War II had ended 29 years earlier.
In America, James Earl Ray pleads guilty to murdering black civil rights leader Martin Luther King and is sentenced to 99 years in jail.
Singer Sandy Shaw releases 'Puppet on a String' which wins the Eurovision Song Contest for Britain.
Test pilot Peter Twiss is the first man to fly at more than 1,000 mph.
World War II: Japanese troops capture Rangoon, Burma.
Sir Oswald Moseley is expelled from the British Labour Party.
British Government decides in favour of building a tunnel underneath the English Channel linking England and France.
China abolishes slavery.
The Bakerloo Line on the London Underground is opened.
At least 1800 miners are killed in a colliery disaster near Lens in France.
First Crufts's Dog show in London-organised by Charle Cruft, general manager of a dog biscuit firm.
First electric trams begin running in London.
American inventor Alexander Graham Bell makes the first telephone call.
Britain and France recognise the independence of Zanzibar.

missmyzte
07-30-2006, 12:01 AM
January 30th - The Beatles final rooftop concert

:)

Plus Christian Bale has the same b-day as me, as does Gene Hackman.

phyzik
07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
What the hell happened on June 26?

June 26th

-------------

1945: U.N. Charter signed

Delegates from nations around the world sign the United Nations Charter on June 26, 1945. Even before celebrations for the end of World War II in Europe commenced, delegates from 51 nations began a 63-day conference in San Francisco to establish the United Nations, an organization designed to help ensure future world peace. The United States proposed establishing the world body in 1942, and the groundwork was laid at an Allied conference held in Washington in 1944. In April 1945, the international conference convened in California, culminating in the signing of the Charter. The first meeting of the U.N. General Assembly occurred in London early the next year.

other events:

Dresses belonging to Diana, Princess of Wales are auctioned for more than £2million in New York.
After campaigning to prove their innocence for 15 years, the 'Maguire Seven' are cleared by the Court of Appeal of running an IRA bomb factory in England.
British actor Richard Burton divorces his wife, American actress Elizabeth Taylor.
Britain's first National Serviceman, Private Rupert Alexander, signs up for the Middlesex Regiment. His service number: 10000001.
Britain's Duke of Windsor marries American divorcee Wallis Simpson in France following his abdication from the throne as Edward VIII.
World War I: King George V of England drops the German titles from the British Royal Family and changes their surname from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor. The name Battenberg is also changed to Mountbatten.
In London, the Victoria & Albert Museum opens to the public
The first official motor racing grand prix, the French Grand Prix, is run at Le Mans with Hungarian Ferenc Szisz, driving a Renault, the winner with an average speed of 63mph.
The first investiture ceremony for Victoria Cross winners takes place in Hyde Park, London. Queen Victoria personally awards 62 servicemen with Britain's highest military honour.
Richard, Duke of Gloucester, becomes King Richard III of England. His nephew, the deposed King Edward V and Edward's brother, Richard Duke of York are murdered in the Tower of London.
The day, according to legend, when the 'Pied Piper' re-appeared in the German town of Hamelin. After ridding the town of rats the townspeople refused to pay him. So he began playing his pipe and 130 children from the town followed him into a cave in Koppenburg Mountain which he then sealed.

phyzik
07-30-2006, 12:11 AM
heh, just realized my b-day is the same day as Chuck Norris..

dirk4mvp
07-30-2006, 12:14 AM
June 26

* 363 - Roman Emperor Julian is killed during the retreat from the Sassanid Empire. General Jovian is proclaimed Emperor by the troops on the battlefield.
* 684 - Benedict II becomes Pope.
* 1284 - According to legend, the Pied Piper lures 130 children of Hamelin away.
* 1409 - Western Schism: The Catholic church is led into a double schism as Petros Philargos is crowned Pope Alexander V after the Council of Pisa, joining Pope Gregory XII in Rome and Pope Benedict XII in Avignon.
* 1483 - Richard III becomes king of England.
* 1723 - After a lasting siege and firing from the cannons Baku surrendered to Russians.
* 1807 - Lightning hits a warehouse in Luxembourg, killing 230 people.
* 1819 - The bicycle is patented.
* 1857 - The first investiture of the Victoria Cross in Hyde Park, London.
* 1870 - The Christian holiday of Christmas is declared a federal holiday in the United States.
* 1924 - American occupying forces leave the Dominican Republic.
* 1934 - President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act, which establishes credit unions.
* 1934 - Initial flight of the Focke-Wulf Fw 61, the first practical helicopter.
* 1940 - World War II: Under the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, the Soviet Union presents an ultimatum to Romania requiring it to cede Bessarabia and northern part of Bukovina.
* 1945 - The United Nations Charter is signed.
* 1948 - The Western allies start an airlift to Berlin after the Soviet Union has blockaded West Berlin.
* 1959 - The Saint Lawrence Seaway opens, opening North America's Great Lakes to ocean-going ships.
* 1960 - Former British Protectorate of Somaliland British Somaliland gains its independence
* 1963 - John F. Kennedy spoke the famous words "Ich bin ein Berliner" on a visit to West Berlin.
* 1973 - On Plesetsk Cosmodrome 9 persons are killed in an explosion of a Cosmos 3-M rocket.
* 1974 - The Universal Product Code is scanned for the first time to sell a package of Wrigley's chewing gum at the Marsh Supermarket in Troy, Ohio
* 1975 - Indira Gandhi establishes authoritarian rule in India.
* 1975 - FBI agents Ronald Williams and Jack Coler and American Indian Movement member Joseph Stuntz were killed in a shootout on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in Oglala, South Dakota.
* 1976 - The CN Tower, the tallest free-standing structure on land in the world, was opened.
* 1977 - The Yorkshire Ripper kills 16 year old shop assistant Jayne MacDonald in Leeds, changing public perception of the killer as she was the first victim who was not a prostitute.
* 1978 - Air Canada Flight 189 to Winnipeg overran the runway and crashed into the Etobicoke Creek ravine. Two of 107 passengers onboard died.
* 1993 - The U.S. launches a missile attack targeting Baghdad intelligence headquarters in retaliation for a thwarted assassination attempt against former President George H.W. Bush in April in Kuwait.
* 1996 - Irish Journalist Veronica Guerin is shot in her car while in traffic in the outskirts of Dublin
* 1997 - The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the Communications Decency Act violates the First Amendment.
* 2003 - The U.S. Supreme Court rules that gender-based sodomy laws are unconstitutional in Lawrence v. Texas.
* 2006 - The Republic of Montenegro becomes the 192nd member of the United Nations.

ShoogarBear
07-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I win.

CharlieMac
07-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Harrrrrr.

Slomo
07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
I didn't know I shared my birthday with the Ford Mustang!

Now I want one! :lol

spurs=bling
07-30-2006, 01:02 PM
the only good thing about my birthday is that i share it with Robert Horry.

http://www.basket-plus.com/images/NBA/NBA%202004-05/plej-of/Horry_sutira.jpghttp://www.ngz-online.de/layout/showbilder/7785-horry_ap.jpg

T Park
07-30-2006, 01:03 PM
I think I share a birthday with Mike Ditka.

So, that obviously owns all.

"Ok Ditka, vs a hurricane."
"DITKA"
"But the hurricane's name is Ditka"
"ohhhh mannnn"

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM
i dont share a bday with anyone famous, but its comin up in 5 fukn dayz turnin 24 :(