PDA

View Full Version : AngelFood Ministries (very cheap food)

King
07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
www.angelfoodministries.com

For $25, you get a ton of food - and for a little more, there are add-ons to it. A set menu that changes every month.

There is absolutely no catch. No ploy by a church for money or anything. No taking advantage of a system. Pay $25, show up at the pick up site (Community Bible Church in San Antonio) on the pick up date, and leave in five minutes with a box full of food.

The menu for next month is:

(4) 4 oz. Bacon-Wrapped Beef Fillets
(4) 6 oz. Pork Chops
(1) 2lbs. Chicken Nuggets
(1) 4lbs. I.Q.F Thighs
(1) 6ct. Corn Dogs
(1) 26 oz. Banquet Chicken & Stuffing Bake
(1) 16 oz. Fully-Cooked Meatballs
(1) 16 oz. Ground Turkey
(1) 15 oz. Pork & Beans
(1) 16 oz. Pasta
(1) 26 oz. Pasta Sauce
(2) Cans Marie Callendar's Chicken Gourmet Soup
(1) 7.5 oz. Pancake Mix
(1) 16 oz. Rice
(1) Dessert Item
(1) Dozen Eggs

And the three add-ons packages:

Bacon-Wrapped Combo - $18.00
(6 5-oz. Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts, 6 4-oz. Bacon-Wrapped Beef Fillets, 6 4-oz. Bacon-Wrapped Pork Fillets)

10 lbs. Chicken Combo Box - $18.00
(4 4-oz. Chicken Cordon Bleu, 3 lbs. I.Q.F. Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts, 2 lbs. Breaded Chicken Tenders, 2 lbs. Honey-dipped fully-cooked Fried Chicken, 2 lbs. Breaded Chicken Breast Fillets)

4 lb. Box, Sirloin Strip Steaks - $17.00
(8 8-oz. Steaks)

LAST DAY TO PLACE AND PAY FOR YOUR ORDER IS: MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2006

DISTRIBUTION DAY IS: SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, 2006

Jekka
07-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Is this a fundraiser, or are you just taking advantage of a charity-based organization?

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Does the food taste like shit?

Spurfect
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
eh, we used to give that information to the hurricane Katrina and Rita victims when I was working for FEMA. We (the workers) were not allowed to use it for ourselves...
this should be left only for the less fortunate, IMO

PakiDan
07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Who packaged that stuff together??? MAkes for one crazzzzyyy dinner.

ashbeeigh
07-30-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm sure the nutrtional value in all those is not what it should be. If that's what a family is living off of. And I don't get why you posted it.

King
07-30-2006, 10:24 PM
It's not taking advantage of a charity by any stretch. It's offered to anybody, and there's not a shortage of food, and me buying it isn't keeping it from a needier person. Was it created to help those less fortunate? Perhaps, I don't know. But, it's a nationwide program. It's not a soup kitchen.

They're able to buy it in bulk, and that's why the prices are cheaper. I posted it because it's good food for a cheap price, and it's not a shady business. Doing it isn't illegal, immoral, or unethical. Our church of 10,000 plus has been the host site of it for a while, and a ton of the congregation uses it, as well. There are less fortunate people that take advantage of it, and upper-class people that take advantage of it. And there's never been an issue of having enough food.

I stand to gain nothing off of it, so don't use it if you don't want to. I just put it out there in case people wanted to get a good bit of food for a good price. The food tastes good, and the nutritional value is exactly what any of that food elsewhere would be. It's not all generic food.